lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Does the patch SUCK?
Royally, get rid of it, it\'s ruined the game 89 48.37%
Yes, but it\'s tolerable 19 10.33%
No, I love the nerfs in it 68 36.96%
Huh? 8 4.35%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: All who hate the patch, post here
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #41
dansolo

Re: Whiny People

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAgent
Grow up people. The patch was put in to prevent spamming. It is totally playable - get used to it.
Yep.
dansolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 03:59 PM   #42
grandmasterlee

I never liked single player saber combat....felt too "whiffle ball battish" to me, and now its in MP........oh well, guess I just won't play anymore, I agree the changes overall are not an improvement overall
grandmasterlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 04:11 PM   #43
Admiral Jerrodd

Red face

Uh oh... whiners, flamers, "it sucks" and so on and so on. Now haven't I heared and seen this childish behaviour before?

Yes I have.

Please whiners, go back to CS where you apperantly seem to come from. Not to DoD because I will close your whining posts on bloody sight.

Good.. enough of this flamatory action-reaction "debates" We're seeing on more and more gaming forums. It seems the entire gaming communities seem to be sick and going to hell, instead of only the CS community, like most of us thought at first. This seems to be a bigger, more threatening defelopment within the gaming communities of the world.

The root of this might well be what is said on this forum on another thread, which basically comes down to the fact that Players online seem to be interested, only interested at winning, "owning" with high numbers, and NOT with gaming immersion. True gaming pleasure in Multiplayer mode seems only possible on LAN's (with friends even) or with bots who don't go for the cheapest kill or spam certain moves/tactics all the time only for the sake of winning, then bragging about sk1llz0rz in whatever 1337 speech they come up with now. It is this mentality that leads to the apperance of Cheaters and lamers in servers of whatever game that is populair at the moment.

So... to all the whiners. (and that you are who don't give a constructive reason for not liking the patch)

This new patch is one of the greatest patches for a Star wars game released, with extra maps and tons of additions and tweaks for the better. But above all, this patch is about gaming immersion and a more involved, movie-like experience in multiplayer.. the way it should. It is making this game in multiplayer as close to the movies as it possibly could be. That's why it is a game based on a movie series (star wars) in the bloody first place.

There should be no consideration for those who only play a game for the sake of winning, and who disrespect their fellow gamers on servers. because that is the attitude of most of these "1337"/vet players who any star wars game can do without. They should join their fellow "I want to win only" players in any hit-kill game like CS and Quake3.

"To dream is dream the dream passed by.. and relive it."
<under construction by Divisjon Marduk>
Admiral Jerrodd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 04:28 PM   #44
Kinopio

It stinks, i'll try though

Kinopio
Kinopio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 04:46 PM   #45
DarkAgent

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral Jerrodd
The root of this might well be what is said on this forum on another thread, which basically comes down to the fact that Players online seem to be interested, only interested at winning, "owning" with high numbers, and NOT with gaming immersion.
YES !!!! You totally nailed it there.

DA

--------------------
Hey! You There!
DarkAgent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 04:54 PM   #46
TheDarkSide

Rack it!

Admiral Jerrod you put many of our feelings into that one post much better than many of us could. Excellent points. Better grab your flame retardant suit...it's going to get toasty in here.

TDS
TheDarkSide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 05:09 PM   #47
SaberPro
00 Agent

Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral Jerrodd

Please whiners, go back to CS where you apperantly seem to come from. Not to DoD because I will close your whining posts on bloody sight.
Guess why people left CS for JK2. It's because CS is ruined after Beta 5.5, and the people designed it didn't do anything about it.

Quote:

The root of this might well be what is said on this forum on another thread, which basically comes down to the fact that Players online seem to be interested, only interested at winning, "owning" with high numbers, and NOT with gaming immersion. True gaming pleasure in Multiplayer mode seems only possible on LAN's (with friends even) or with bots who don't go for the cheapest kill or spam certain moves/tactics all the time only for the sake of winning, then bragging about sk1llz0rz in whatever 1337 speech they come up with now. It is this mentality that leads to the apperance of Cheaters and lamers in servers of whatever game that is populair at the moment.
I, for one, don't like bragging about my "sk1||z0rz" or being 1337 (Cuz there's always someone better ). I, for one, liked realism and accuracy in games. And I PERSONALLY think that the new patch ruined the realism and accuracy in SW Multiplayer gaming. For instance, people in FFAs would now fight BACKWARDS because the backhits are super duper powerful and is capable of killing many in one slash. Now I've never seen a SW movies where Luke fights backward lol

Quote:

This new patch is one of the greatest patches for a Star wars game released, with extra maps and tons of additions and tweaks for the better. But above all, this patch is about gaming immersion and a more involved, movie-like experience in multiplayer.. the way it should. It is making this game in multiplayer as close to the movies as it possibly could be. That's why it is a game based on a movie series (star wars) in the bloody first place.
Come to think of the unfixed crashes in gameplay, I don't think the patch is all that great. But I have to agree with you that the maps are cool. And as I said above, the patch is making duels like non-movie-liked duels and FFAs into hack-n-slash fest (it's a very sad fact). Only one perspective that the patch made duels like the movie: loads of blockings. The way it is supposed to be.

Quote:
There should be no consideration for those who only play a game for the sake of winning, and who disrespect their fellow gamers on servers. because that is the attitude of most of these "1337"/vet players who any star wars game can do without.
I second that

Above are only facts I've gathered while using the new patch and with some of my own thoughts.

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #48
Rogue74

OMG, I'm a whiner now...

I agree that IMO I think the patch basically gives all the n00bs and the people who didn't bother figuring out the game and practicing the ability to kill more skilled players.

I'm gonna give it a while though, but I doubt it will get any better.

The patch basically makes the game the "new formula Coke..." It sucked.
Rogue74 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #49
DarkAgent

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue74
OMG, I'm a whiner now...

I agree that IMO I think the patch basically gives all the n00bs and the people who didn't bother figuring out the game and practicing the ability to kill more skilled players.

I'm gonna give it a while though, but I doubt it will get any better.

The patch basically makes the game the "new formula Coke..." It sucked.
I disagree there. All the patch did was level the playing field <temporarily>. Noobs and Veteren players are now more evenly matched. Skilled players must now re-learn strategies in multiplayer.

It's not going to take long to separate the men from the boys here once people get used to the new patch.

DA

--------------------
Hey! You There!
Old 05-08-2002, 05:25 PM   #50
mIRC

Agreed, this patch is ruined.

Just don't even bother with other people, just quitely delete JKII and use the CD as a frisbee for your favorite pet, or you can reinstall and not upgrade and hope that some people will host servers without the patch.

Getting a refund would be better too, maybe Lucas Arts could make that an option.
mIRC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 05:31 PM   #51
SaberPro
00 Agent

This makes a perfect poll: Do you think that RavenSoft would do something about the patch from a number of people giving negative comments about it?

65 liked : 33 disliked so far on the poll...

SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
Old 05-08-2002, 05:31 PM   #52
LooNBB

What's wrong with Whining? many of them paid their $$... bitch away.

Now... if you copied the game SHUT THE HELL UP you Ungrateful Warez Whore!

LooN-JedI
Old 05-08-2002, 05:32 PM   #53
geronimo27

Quote:
Originally posted by rut-wa jodar
WHINERS !!!!!!!!

If you don`t like it ..... MOVE TO RUSSIA
Actually, the reason I live in the United States is so that I CAN voice my satisfaction or dissatisfaction about a product, service, event, person, or any other damn thing I please.

If you believe that people should not be allowed to voice their opinions, then YOU should move to Russia. You should love it there.
geronimo27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:02 PM   #54
Krak3n

People can voice their opinions, but it's whiners who complain non stop 24 f**king 7 that really pisses people like me off. If you don't like, go play somthing else, stop moaning about it to us becasue we like and play it.

Also if people played it and got used to it like real gamers then theri would be no problem. It's a challlenge to beat, and once you do you'll be glad you stuvk with it!

Krak3n
Krak3n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:13 PM   #55
MARKUSPRIME

The patch sucks bottom line it now just gives all the llamas that got raped before a chance lol. I still own tho with it, but yeah it blows assssss. And no i wasnt just a dfa whore i used hvy and yellow. I got flamed on my post yesterday about the patch sucking, hehe i dont care i actually have a real life and dont need to troll and defend myself to fools that sucked in the first place . CYA!
MARKUSPRIME is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:14 PM   #56
Admiral Jerrodd

America-Russia?

What's this, a History and Country bashing thread?

I think on another board (*cough*) the Histroy board got closed because of Country/race bashing, followed by the oh so known flaming.

Please be carefull in these matters. They seem to be very sensitive to sensitive persons with long toes.

"To dream is dream the dream passed by.. and relive it."
<under construction by Divisjon Marduk>
Admiral Jerrodd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:17 PM   #57
TheDarkSide

Quote:
the patch basically gives all the n00bs and the people who didn't bother figuring out the game and practicing the ability to kill more skilled players.
Okay rogue74, I noticed you didn't read or didn't bother to respond to my post a few posts up here. How can you even claim to make such a statement??

I had skill in the old system, I figured out the game, and when this patch came along, I accepted the fact I would have to "unlearn what I had learned" and start over. I can already see the difference on public servers...the saber system is much deeper than before. Sure blocking is easier, but that doesn't make it easier to kill anyone! It makes it harder! The breakdown in your logic is that the new system makes it harder for random attacks to connect, if anything newbies will have a harder go of it, not the other way around.

This sounds like classic whining to me.

Explain how the new system gives newbies the ability to kill skilled players, but not vice versa?

TDS
TheDarkSide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:24 PM   #58
JRA_Wolf

Ummm....*tries to understand markus*...Like I said, Hooked on phonics..works wonders, mate. You should also get off your high horse. "patch sucks i still own with it but yeah it blowsss asssssss" How 1337 is that? Woo. Who is the _really_ good player here: The player who simply assumes a player is a "newb" or "llama" because of the saber stance they use, or the player who actually enjoys the game and uses the saber stances that aren't totally unbalanced (pre-patch situation. Post patch everything is balanced perfectly, imo, except guns). Now after the patch, someone using light or medium saber stance has just as much of a chance at winning as the person using heavy.

Oh, and to whiners...get used to it 'Cause the patch is staying (right from the mouth of Mike Gummelt)

------------------
*Part of the "I love the patch and whiners can kiss my ass" Army*
JRA_Wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:24 PM   #59
Lorilas

All these "Stop the ****ing whining" whiners crack me up.
Lorilas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #60
geronimo27

Quote:
Originally posted by Krak3n
People can voice their opinions, but it's whiners who complain non stop 24 f**king 7 that really pisses people like me off. If you don't like, go play somthing else, stop moaning about it to us becasue we like and play it.

Also if people played it and got used to it like real gamers then theri would be no problem. It's a challlenge to beat, and once you do you'll be glad you stuvk with it!

Krak3n
That's funny, because it was the skilless newbie whiners that brought about all of these nerfs in the first place. If you like it now, then I can only assume that you were, and still are, a skilless newbie whiner.

No, I will not go somewhere else. I enjoyed the game back when it took skill, and just because it has been modified to accomodate you spinning twirlers, doesn't mean I am going to leave. What I have done is reverted my popular server back to 1.02, and all of my regulars are very happy.

Also, I will continue complaining and campaigning for a better patch.

Thanks, and please drive through.

Quote:
Originally posted by tam
god. u guys asked for sp saber combat. and they brought it to u. and now that u were too used to mp combat and dont wanna get used to sp combat again u hate them? gah. you guys whine at everything. no matter what they do, you people just find 1 single flaw in the game, and start to complain. god. u people make me sick. u wanna do better guys? go and make ur own jk game and we'll see how many complaints u get from it.

on the current issue, the combat is good still. but to satisfy both people in the next patch, why not just make an option for sp style combat and mp style combat for the dedicated server admins. so they decide if they want the new combat or the old combat.
Tam, I am unsure who "you guys" are that you are referring to, but I never once visited these boards before this patch requesting anything, because I was happy with every aspect of MP. However, now that the patch has been implemented and screwed up everything about the game that I enjoyed, yes, I am here now to complain.

Before the patch, I could successfully use all three stances when the type of battle called for each one. I could easily jump or flip whenever I wanted to. Btw, if people are flipping when they meant to jump, it's because they were not positioned correctly to connect the kick - hence they just were not doing it correctly. The whole reason why there were high damage moves in the strong stance is because the swings are so slow, and very predictable. I was able to quickly learn how to guard against these predictable moves. I did notice, though, that there were some people who just never learned. I could kill them the same way 30 times in a row and they would never learn. That type of person will always play stupidly, and will never learn, regardless of whether a strong, medium, or fast stance.

The patch was created for the skilless newbie players who do nothing but use fast stance and spin around in circles blindly swinging away. But now the patch nerfed strong stance, thus giving the spinning twirlers an equal chance against a skilled strong stance.

I will not play any version of this game above 1.02, unless they redo the patch, or else they use a toggle like you suggest. While I don't think it will happen, it would be nice.
Old 05-08-2002, 06:27 PM   #61
Krak3n

nicly said TDS. I too mastered the old system but realise that in order to master the new system i must start over. You can tell a n00b from a l33t player if the n00b player gives excuses for loosing, that is what all the ppl syaing 'the patch sucks' are doing.
If you took time to learn the patch and put effort in you'd see it for what it is....a superb addition to the game.

You all forget it was people on this borad moaning in the 1st place that propmted Raven to make the changes in the 1st place. Truly goes to show how whiners are never happy. When the game was released this borad was filled with 'MP saber combat is crap, it should be more like SP' well now you have it.
Krak3n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:29 PM   #62
DarkAgent

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide

I had skill in the old system, I figured out the game, and when this patch came along, I accepted the fact I would have to "unlearn what I had learned" and start over. I can already see the difference on public servers...the saber system is much deeper than before. Sure blocking is easier, but that doesn't make it easier to kill anyone! It makes it harder! The breakdown in your logic is that the new system makes it harder for random attacks to connect, if anything newbies will have a harder go of it, not the other way around.

This sounds like classic whining to me.

Explain how the new system gives newbies the ability to kill skilled players, but not vice versa?

TDS
Agreed.

Nobady has an adantage over anybody else unless they are more skilled at playing. We're all playing the same game here. I loved the game prior to 1.03 patch and love it even more after.

If you don't like it, then perhaps [Jedi Mind Trick ON] "You don't need this patch; This is not the patch you're looking for.... move along!" [/Mind Trick OFF]

LOL

DA

--------------------
Hey! You There!
Old 05-08-2002, 06:33 PM   #63
Jessicka

patch sucks. Raven has a good track record of sucking. Someone else is doing some BETTER changes tothe game though, a sort of mod. FRIII. Bye
Jessicka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 06:35 PM   #64
Tozier

I like what they did with the patch, but it's too damn buggy. When you do the middle cartwheel move by pressing attack, then jumping (I find it easier to do that way, rather than jumping over and pressing attack) if you missed with the old system, you would give him a swift kick, now you bounce off like the swift kick, but do no damage, and it shakily switches to the standing animation in mid air, and leave you vulnerable. You could block fairly "realistically" (if Star Wars is realistic) before, but now it's rediculous, like the Reborn Bosses or Desann. It's taking more time to get the same job done, and more frustrating. I could mop the floor with medium, and only use heavy when I got REALY pissed. Now I seem to do less damage, attack more slowly and have less control, possibly because I had the middle stance down to a science. There seems to be an inordinate amount of lag, and I can't figure out why.

What Raven did was to exactly graft the SP system onto MP and prey, without modifying the swift kick bounce-off, but disabling the swift kick. Because of so much whining, Raven provided a quick fix to the annoyances, only to cause a WORSE flood of whining. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but it's true.
I think it would be a good idea to have someone at raven come onto the boards and answer questions and explain some things.

My 2 cents, and I'm really trying NOT to start arguments.

QUIT WHINING!

Last edited by Tozier; 05-08-2002 at 06:48 PM.
Tozier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 07:26 PM   #65
SaberPro
00 Agent

To avoid people who whines about how people 'whine', let's just say that UNPATCHED VERSION OF JK2 RULES!

SaberPro

Old 05-08-2002, 07:37 PM   #66
Tozier

Quote:
Originally posted by SaberPro
To avoid people who whines about how people 'whine', let's just say that UNPATCHED VERSION OF JK2 RULES!
Thank you, my friend.

QUIT WHINING!
Tozier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 07:39 PM   #67
Ulic Quel Droma

idiots if you dont like the game dont play it dont sit her going on about the saber system its better now if your guys cant handle the changes get off the forums and wait for SOF2

To know the light, You must see the dark.
Ulic Quel Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 07:42 PM   #68
mIRC

Quote:
Originally posted by geronimo27

That's funny, because it was the skilless newbie whiners that brought about all of these nerfs in the first place. If you like it now, then I can only assume that you were, and still are, a skilless newbie whiner.

No, I will not go somewhere else. I enjoyed the game back when it took skill, and just because it has been modified to accomodate you spinning twirlers, doesn't mean I am going to leave. What I have done is reverted my popular server back to 1.02, and all of my regulars are very happy.

Also, I will continue complaining and campaigning for a better patch.

Thanks, and please drive through.

Tam, I am unsure who "you guys" are that you are referring to, but I never once visited these boards before this patch requesting anything, because I was happy with every aspect of MP. However, now that the patch has been implemented and screwed up everything about the game that I enjoyed, yes, I am here now to complain.

Before the patch, I could successfully use all three stances when the type of battle called for each one. I could easily jump or flip whenever I wanted to. Btw, if people are flipping when they meant to jump, it's because they were not positioned correctly to connect the kick - hence they just were not doing it correctly. The whole reason why there were high damage moves in the strong stance is because the swings are so slow, and very predictable. I was able to quickly learn how to guard against these predictable moves. I did notice, though, that there were some people who just never learned. I could kill them the same way 30 times in a row and they would never learn. That type of person will always play stupidly, and will never learn, regardless of whether a strong, medium, or fast stance.

The patch was created for the skilless newbie players who do nothing but use fast stance and spin around in circles blindly swinging away. But now the patch nerfed strong stance, thus giving the spinning twirlers an equal chance against a skilled strong stance.

I will not play any version of this game above 1.02, unless they redo the patch, or else they use a toggle like you suggest. While I don't think it will happen, it would be nice.
I agree 100%.

Whats the IP and Port of your server? I would love to play there sometime

Don't worry about tam either, I've played him and he just complains and bull****s. I play for fun, but one time he said he would own me, I owned him, and he said he was just happy with his kill
Old 05-08-2002, 07:44 PM   #69
mIRC

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Quel Droma
idiots if you dont like the game dont play it dont sit her going on about the saber system its better now if your guys cant handle the changes get off the forums and wait for SOF2
SoF2 isn't really that great. I know a Quake III Arena mod with better gameplay. The only thing SoF2 has going for it is the graphics. although, I have to admit I still play it.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:49 PM   #70
geronimo27

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Quel Droma
No thanks, I will remain here and continue complaining about what I dislike about the game which I purchased, and can no longer return.

I find it humorous that all the people who say they like the patch and cannot stand those who complain about the patch are the very same whiners that caused the nerfs in the patch in the first place.

It's unfortunate they spent too much time whining and not enough time learning the game and gaining skill, and now the game has been nerfed so that any New Newb on the Block can blindly twirl and spin their way into the high ranks of stats pages.

It's funny. Because of Episode II coming out soon I was rewatching all of the original Star Wars movies, and looking at the saber fights. They are true skilled fights. Then I looked at saber fights in the game after the patch, and a horde of people all using fast stance spinning around and around constantly swinging.

Bah - after the patch, saber fights in JK2 are nothing like Star Wars Saber fights. The only thing they have in common is the lightsaber itself.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #71
mIRC

Quote:
Originally posted by geronimo27

No thanks, I will remain here and continue complaining about what I dislike about the game which I purchased, and can no longer return.

I find it humorous that all the people who say they like the patch and cannot stand those who complain about the patch are the very same whiners that caused the nerfs in the patch in the first place.

It's unfortunate they spent too much time whining and not enough time learning the game and gaining skill, and now the game has been nerfed so that any New Newb on the Block can blindly twirl and spin their way into the high ranks of stats pages.

It's funny. Because of Episode II coming out soon I was rewatching all of the original Star Wars movies, and looking at the saber fights. They are true skilled fights. Then I looked at saber fights in the game after the patch, and a horde of people all using fast stance spinning around and around constantly swinging.

Bah - after the patch, saber fights in JK2 are nothing like Star Wars Saber fights. The only thing they have in common is the lightsaber itself.
Agreed, its also funny how the people that complain about us complaining just post one or two sentence statements that don't contribute to why the patch is good at all, only something along the lines of "Whiners go away." What a waste of time.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:56 PM   #72
Jah Warrior
part time waster

So you take a good game and just turn it into an unplayable night mare,

Iused to actually win on this game with out laming and with out exploiting the bugs.

I am going to get a refund on this game it is now completely differnet to the game i bought.

I can't even uninstall and get back on the serveres still running the old patch.

Sufice to say this is the last title i will be buying from raven.

Thanks for nothing
Jah Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 07:58 PM   #73
idlemind

Re: Whiny People

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAgent
WAAAAH! I can't spam DFA anymore!

WAAAAH! I can't spam Drain anymore!

WAAAAH! I can't spam Heal anymore!

WAAAAH! WAAAAAH! WAAAAH!

Grow up people. The patch was put in to prevent spamming. It is totally playable - get used to it.

DA

vs Whiner
Have you even read our comments on saber combat? We're not complaining about DFA. It's like you're so excited to see DFA whores fall flat on their face that you fail to realize most of us were YELLOW whores! So we are complaining because they destroyed a perfectly good and pure medium stance and turned it into something only useful for backstab. Try and attack someone face first with Medium stance. just try it. I bet you'll see lots of pretty sparks and you'll do some damage to the other person, and they will do some damage to you. Everytime. There is practically no way to attack someone face first with yellow now and come out of it unscathed. i.e. all the skill for yellow is gone. The best yellow combo is to run forward and hold down attack. Does that sound like skill to you?
idlemind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 07:59 PM   #74
mIRC

Also, people need to stop saying only the people who play the game only to win/"own" hate the patch. This is infact not true. The game isn't fun anymore and thats why we don't play the patched version.

Another thing, don't say it was to stop spamming because what people are doing now is just that on a much worse scale. I can easily dodge a DFA in the pre-patch but twirling fairies in the post-patch just mow you down.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:05 PM   #75
JRA_Wolf

You want the saber fighting in JK2 to play like the original trilogy? So....an old man (obi wan) standing there while vader kills him...and an untrained kid who swings his saber around like a madman and get's his hand cut off, then goes into a fit of rage and starts hitting on vader like he's mugging him with a baseball bat? Fun times....
JRA_Wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 08:17 PM   #76
geronimo27

Quote:
Originally posted by JRA_Wolf
You want the saber fighting in JK2 to play like the original trilogy? So....an old man (obi wan) standing there while vader kills him...and an untrained kid who swings his saber around like a madman and get's his hand cut off, then goes into a fit of rage and starts hitting on vader like he's mugging him with a baseball bat? Fun times....
In your attempt at wit and sarcasm you missed the point completely. And by the sounds of it you didn't quite grasp the movies either. At no point, even as an untrained kid, did he swing his saber around like a madman.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #77
EekTheKat

Quote:
No that's not what he was talking about when he mentioned the original trilogy :

The Sir Alec Guiness Obi Wan vs. Vader saber battle is more along the lines of traditional Japanese swordplay....

It's highly methodical, and very few movements were wasted in the way they fought.

As for the battle between Luke and Vader, you said it yourself that Luke was infact untrained...and Vader took his hand on their first battle.

In an odd way, with MP dismemberment on with the current MP sabers, I've seen the occasional random swinger/spazzer get the very same treatment from skilled players who saw that opening + took it.

As fror their rematch in ROTJ, to me it seemed like Vader threw the second fight unintentionally (I guess it was supposed to look like Luke overpowered him leading to Luke chopping Vader's hand off, but on film it looked to me like Vader just all of a sudden went from blocking to leaning against the rail by himself).
EekTheKat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 08:40 PM   #78
Desslock

I think the violin crew plays their instruments so much they can't hear any of the logical posts in the board.

[/sarcasm]
Desslock is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 09:04 PM   #79
EX4R KUN

I agree, the patch sucks. The Lightsaber is now officially the equivalent of an overgrown chopstick. I am bummed out, but oh well. I will just take my game back and trade it in for something else like dungeon siege.

I will re-purchase JK2 if Raven someday manage's to put skill back in the game with yet another patch. Before the patch we had Saber Only NF servers which allowed many of us this luxury, but with the Lightsaber the way it is now, even these servers blow.
EX4R KUN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2002, 10:53 PM   #80
geronimo27

mIRC,

btw I meant to throw this in an earlier post. The name of my server is "Seattle Saber CTF 1.02". I even added a couple of new maps to try out, but I am keeping it at the old v1.02.

Stop on by and say hello
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > All who hate the patch, post here