lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 1.04 Will be sweet...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2002, 11:44 PM   #1
Nill the Mean

Smile 1.04 Will be sweet...

I'm positive on ths one.
When 1.04 comes along, I'm sure everyone will be happy again.
If we continue to give reasonable advice and suggestions for what needs to be done, I'm sure we'll end up with a great game when 1.04 comes out. It'll still take a while, but it'll be worth the wait. Now that Raven did the overhaul on the combat system it is simply a matter of tweaking it again to make it kick ass. Not that it isn't very cool already, but it still has more potential.
Until then, let us do our best to provide intelligent and resourcefull feedback in order to support this great game!
Nill the Mean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2002, 11:52 PM   #2
Zodiac

DOOM III's gonna be great too.

Zodiac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2002, 11:54 PM   #3
Mr Tim

I wish this were true, but following the maxim that you can't please everyone, I suspect that there will always be a number of people who aren't happy with whatever comes out.
Mr Tim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2002, 11:55 PM   #4
Darth Iroel

I just hope that breaking someones defense would be easier.....maybe mading the strong style unblockable would be better....

- under costruction - |I just feel thinking abou something just like this on teh moment|
Darth Iroel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2002, 11:59 PM   #5
Mr Tim

In real life there is no sword style that is unblockable - and in fact it is the heaviest swing that is sometimes the easiest to block, or at least to deflect/parry - leaving the attacker wide open for a riposte.

You may say that real-life doesn't count here (which is partly true) and you ignore it in favour of whatever helps gameplay (which is also partly true), but all that making heavy unblockable would do is prompt people to use heavy and nothing else. It would completely unbalance sabre combat.
Mr Tim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2002, 12:05 AM   #6
Aiee

I must be missing out on this fantastic new blocking system that has everyone stumped, because a good 60-70% of my attacks connect, and I hear either a shield hit or a groan from my opponent as my saber cuts into them.

Then again, maybe it's because I try to get my timing right instead of just slashing when someone's in range.
Aiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2002, 12:24 AM   #7
SpaceMonkey1315

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Tim
I wish this were true, but following the maxim that you can't please everyone, I suspect that there will always be a number of people who aren't happy with whatever comes out.
sad but true, you will NEVER satisfy everyone, so you have to ignore some of the more pointless posts and do what you think acctually needs work, but thats ravens decision, not mine

Space Monkey
SpaceMonkey1315 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2002, 12:27 AM   #8
Nill the Mean

Quote:
Originally posted by Aiee
I must be missing out on this fantastic new blocking system that has everyone stumped, because a good 60-70% of my attacks connect, and I hear either a shield hit or a groan from my opponent as my saber cuts into them.

Then again, maybe it's because I try to get my timing right instead of just slashing when someone's in range.
Same here.

But despite that fact, I still think it could be more refined. It could be tweaked to make it just as detailed, but more fun. Right now it is very cool but some things just aren't 100% yet. That's why I can't wait for 1.04, they'll probably fix some of the "biggest issues" again and then it'll be minor tweaks from then on. Sure, there will still be people that don't like it... but with enough time maybe they'll learn to appreciate it.
Nill the Mean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > 1.04 Will be sweet...