lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: To All -=BACKSTAB WHINERS=-(1.o3)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-13-2002, 04:57 PM   #1
BoBa feTTichiNi

To All -=BACKSTAB WHINERS=-(1.o3)

Will you people shut up about back stab. For the love of god your gonna make this game so lame. Your constant whining about everything makes my head hurt. The only reason you want it gone is because you get owned by it. Its like your asking Quake designers "hey excuse me sir these bullets are dangerous we should repalce them with tennis balls". If back stab is too dangerous then go play a safer game like pacman. If you can't counter a simple move like backstab let me show you.

PUSH/PULL - BACKSLASH COUNTERS
1) max out pull or push
2) get protect when on the ground turn it on backstab will barely hurt you
3) in close quarter combat use absorb
4) when he rolls at you pull him
5) if your constantly jumping or rolling they cant put you on ground
6) if there running backwards at u throw your saber

there is so much more its not even funny. If you lamers would actually learn how to counter it instead of whining about it this game would be much better. butabi83@hotmail.com

BoBa, "my saber is away dont hit me" -SC- "ok my friend i shall not" *BoBa takes out missle launcher and blows -SC- off platform* BoBa, "BOOM BABY"

Last edited by BoBa feTTichiNi; 05-13-2002 at 06:57 PM.
BoBa feTTichiNi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:12 PM   #2
Ferox

hmm lets see, when your playing team ffa and all you see is idiots running backwards into fights over and over.

is this ass fighting or saber fighting? common rofl.

if someone is fighting and then uses it because you got behind him, then all and good. but if he keeps running backwards into you then hes a real idiot and i love killing those types . he runs backwards and i do and throw my saber up his ass hehe.
Ferox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:14 PM   #3
Lord Sokar

HEY BOBA FETTICHINI!

As someone else put it...

All of us anti-patch types have taken a pole and decided that you should fill your bathtub with water and jump in whilst holding your monitor (plugged in of course).

Thank you for being the poster child for birth control.

Rejoice nOObs! This patch is for YOU!

<System Lords> | OC-3
66.98.176.218:29070 - Saber only, increased saber damage, reduced blocking, custom map rotation and more to come.
Lord Sokar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:17 PM   #4
Cray

Exactly!

I hated the DFA from before as much as anyone. It sucked joining a duel server and having EVERYONE spamming that move like there was no tomorrow. No move other than DFA! Easy to dodge (except for those damn lag spikes that jump up and bit me in the ass from time to time), but not fun at all to play against.

I love the new system since the patch. I've seen a lot more variety in fighting style, and have, in turn, used all 3 stances much more often.

If we're going to have the same damn arguement about the light and medium backstabs as we did DFA, all you people go away and quit taking up my bandwidth.

If you see someone running around backwards, trying to nail that move on you--move, throw your saber, most importantly--DON'T GET HIT BY HIT. I use that move when its appropriate. Some attacks me from behind, and they're toast.

Learn to play the game. There are counters to everything.
Cray is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:21 PM   #5
D.L.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Sokar
HEY BOBA FETTICHINI!

All of us anti-patch types have taken a pole and decided that you should fill your bathtub with water and jump in whilst holding your monitor (plugged in of course).

Why have you taken a pole!? What good will a pole do!?

Taking poles will do nothing. I suggest a little more time spent learning how to spell similarly sounding words and a little less time trying to be a smartass.

POLL

Star Wars, General Chat and Games. Join if you want!
http://lounge.proboards5.com

The NJO Mod Website
D.L. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:25 PM   #6
Lord Sokar

Quote:
Originally posted by D.L.

Why have you taken a pole!? What good will a pole do!?

Taking poles will do nothing. I suggest a little more time spent learning how to spell similarly sounding words and a little less time trying to be a smartass.

POLL
No, I was right the first time.

I had in mind a large pole that should be shoved up the ass of each of you nOObs fighting running backwards.

Go play in the street little man.

<System Lords> | OC-3
66.98.176.218:29070 - Saber only, increased saber damage, reduced blocking, custom map rotation and more to come.
Lord Sokar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:25 PM   #7
Cray

Spelling is fundamental.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:27 PM   #8
Jiro Kage

So says the kiddie with alternating caps in his nick

Quote:
Originally posted by BoBa feTTichiNi
Will you people shut up about back stab. For the love of god your gonna make this game so lame. Your constant whining about everything makes my head hurt. The only reason you want it gone is because you get owned by it. Its like your asking Quake designers "hey excuse me sir these bullets are dangerous we should repalce them with tennis balls". If back stab is too dangerous then go play a safer game like pacman. If you can't counter a simple move like backstab let me show you.

1) max out pull or push

Why should you be forced to take a force power to deal with a non force power such as this? If this move requires a force power to counter, then the force power should be free, much like the move.

Quote:

Please see above.

Quote:

I fail to see how absorb is going to do anything for a physical attack.

Quote:

Um ok, thanks for the notice.

Quote:

Meanwhile, you can't attack them and are using your force powers up jumping. I can't for the life of me see how this is a "solution" to abuse of backstab.

Quote:

Good idea. However, is it really ok that they spend the whole damn match running around backwards? Isn't that completely retarded?

Quote:

there is so much more its not even funny. If you lamers would actually learn how to counter it instead of whining about it this game would be much better. butabi83@hotmail.com

You are the lamer since you miss the whole spirit of the conversation. It's not that people want it to go away, they want it to not be abused. How stupid is it that you can run around backwards in a game and have an effective attack? Pretty dumb if you ask me, since there is supposed to be some level of realism in the game, albeit a small one.

The issue is the ABUSE of the move, and the UNBALANCED nature of it, much like the DFA used to be.

-- Jiro Kage
Jiro Kage is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:33 PM   #9
D.L.

Quote:

No, I was right the first time.

I had in mind a large pole that should be shoved up the ass of each of you nOObs fighting running backwards.

Go play in the street little man.
Riiiiiight. Sure.

Gotta love n00bs who try to cover up their inadequecies.

Star Wars, General Chat and Games. Join if you want!
http://lounge.proboards5.com

The NJO Mod Website
D.L. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:33 PM   #10
Dark_One

Boba you're right. The only thing these people do is whine.

*Version 1.02
Waa they can kill me with the heavy stance ... waaaa they keep using heal .... waa someone is a drain whore.

*Version 1.03
Waa they keep killing me with a backstab ... waaa this patch screws the game up .... wa the auto block should be disabled .... waaa heal is underpowered.

And you people call yourself star wars fans ... i spit on you .... you make me sick
Dark_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #11
striderx2048

the assumtion is you get pulled down , he does a 180 and stabs you.
ass fighting is only a problem on NF duels
else use a gun or throw your saber

I notice the people who whine the most about tactics are the same people who have the think they are good but yet seem not to be able to overcome the newbiest of tactics.

Last edited by striderx2048; 05-13-2002 at 05:47 PM.
striderx2048 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #12
Triple R7x

Re: To All -=BACKSTAB WHINERS=-(1.o3)

Quote:
Originally posted by BoBa feTTichiNi

1) max out pull or push

What a little hypocrite.

"I'm no Jedi, just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions..."
Triple R7x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 06:02 PM   #13
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
The issue is the ABUSE of the move, and the UNBALANCED nature of it, much like the DFA used to be.
I would say that the hit detection on backstab is a little off, but other than that what is so unbalanced about it? I play on NF servers, and have finally started playing 1.03 (which is as boring as I feared it would be ) and had no problem with backstabbers. The run around backwards, I slah their backs. The timing for the move is such that you have enough time to hit them and get out. I got killed by backstab perhaps three times in the last two days, and this is out of as many duels as you can cram into about 5 hours of play.

It was annoying when it happened, just like it was annoying to get hit by DFA the 3 times out of 200, but with a little bit of timing it is a very small problem. The one thing that kept getting me (specifically after about an hour of playing, when I started to get really bored) was the random light stance swingers. If you're really focused they're exceptionally easy, but for me I can only stay sharp on 1.03 for an hour, so I start getting owned by light stancers.

Anyway, my suggestion to anyone having problems with this move is: adapt. The medium stance finishers are as strong as ever, and with the right timing they'll take the fight out of any newbie (lets face it, when experienced players see that model they take a step back, and then come in and kill you from your exposed side).

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 06:46 PM   #14
BoBa feTTichiNi

ok first off not only are you guys proving my point about whining. now you are flaming me.

1)To the guy that qouted my list. The pull/backslash tactic that was what the list was for not for backslash in general.

2)Backstab is easy to counter if someone runs backwards at you and kills you with back slash its not that the move is being abused it cause u suck

3)DFA with 1.02 dfa was so easy to counter i could kill someone with light stance that spammed dfa.

4)triple I fail to see how im a hypocrite

BoBa, "my saber is away dont hit me" -SC- "ok my friend i shall not" *BoBa takes out missle launcher and blows -SC- off platform* BoBa, "BOOM BABY"
Old 05-13-2002, 07:02 PM   #15
Vestril
The Man

Hey Boba, in your profile it says your interests are JO and chics...that's funny...really funny

Old 05-13-2002, 07:19 PM   #16
BoBa feTTichiNi

thats where im at in my life right now ;p

Old 05-13-2002, 07:24 PM   #17
Cray

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think there is one small thing that can be changed that would effectively eliminate the "ass fighters (as the are now dubbed)."

Make running backwards slower than the full-sprint it seems to be now.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:31 PM   #18
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think there is one small thing that can be changed that would effectively eliminate the "ass fighters (as the are now dubbed)."

Make running backwards slower than the full-sprint it seems to be now.
Very true, and it would make a lot of sense, since most people run slower backwards...

Quote:
thats where im at in my life right now
Yeah...same here--though I prefer a more hands on her than me approach...

Old 05-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #19
BoBa feTTichiNi

very good idea dude

Old 05-13-2002, 08:07 PM   #20
zufuss

uhm. You dont have to run around backwards all map to use this technique. In fact theres a script that allows you to turn 180 and do back attack. (just hit one button), and wammo. Not to mention you dont have to have them DIRECTLY behind you to perform the attack, i have had it while i was at a 60 degree angle to their back, and even practically at their side.

You think its so Easy to kill somone who just runs around backwards...well duh.

But not everyone are newbs like that. I have seen some VERY SKILLED people use the backstabs, and they are MORE then difficult to kill. You have to hit them 4-5-6 times with new patch to kill them, while all they have to do is wait for you to screw up once and your dead meat.

Ass fighters are more then just newbies running around backwards all day.
zufuss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 08:08 PM   #21
SpaceMonkey1315

Quote:
HEY BOBA FETTICHINI!

so your basically saying your one of the people who runs around backwards, hoping to backslash someone...if you like to cheat, just admit it, but dont make it seem like people who want a good game are idiots

Space Monkey
SpaceMonkey1315 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 08:43 PM   #22
striderx2048

I have seen some VERY SKILLED people use the backstabs, and they are MORE then difficult to kill

Wouldnt that mean that have those players "adapted"

so increase the normal lightsaber swings damags
striderx2048 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 09:06 PM   #23
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
I have seen some VERY SKILLED people use the backstabs, and they are MORE then difficult to kill

Wouldnt that mean that have those players "adapted"

so increase the normal lightsaber swings damags
What servers? I want to play against these people.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:28 PM   #24
Owen Yu

People who complain about things in this game other than technical problems are f@ggots*!!! ...a bunch of damn f@ggots*!

The following article successfully argues the above opinion.
http://www.time.com/time/columnist/morrow/article/0,9565,218400,00.html

* The word here is not being used to refer to homosexuals. It is possible to be a f@ggot no matter what your sexual orientation is.
Owen Yu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 09:48 PM   #25
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Someone please kill me...

You have got to be kidding...

Anyone wanna tell me how fighting is gonna improve things? What do all of you think? That Raven is watching all of these posts and will take your opinion into consideration? Believe me, they couldn't give less of a crap about anyone of you, or me to that matter. They will probably gather some people who observe the community (and only the most important parts of it) and they will just spill what is going on.

Here is the reality boys and girls. We have a patch that makes some people feel good, makes some people feel bad. If you think that 1.02 was better, why don't you just revert to 1.02 and play it that way? The ones who like 1.03 can play 1.03 and everything is fine. By yelling *******, or ******** to anyone isn't gonna help much. Just makes YOU agrevated at them and makes YOUR blood pressiure higher...

Just chill. It isn't worth fighting over, when you don't have anything to make the problem solved. If any one of you has some productive comment, or a new move to show, just do it, don't yell how other people are lame if they didn't discover it...

Not everyone is the same, some people need to yell "LAMER" just to make themselves feel better because they lost and their dignity is buried. I just usually ignore it.

*This peace post brought to you by the light side*

*Everything else, brought to you by the dark side*

*batteries sold separatly*

(I was just talking about the game here, not the side problems )

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 10:00 PM   #26
whitedragon
Gun-toteing smoker

will you all SHUT UP. jesus christ play the game dont complane and just play by the rules please

thank you

Dont mess with retarded scientists.
whitedragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 10:11 PM   #27
Bambers

Pull-backstab is moderately easy to counter but that really isn't the point. The fact is that its the fastest way of killing people and FFAs get very boring when that is the only move used.

Maxing out pull and push does nothing to this btw, pull can and will land you on your arse whatever level you have push and pull at.

I don't care about people running backwards, they're easy kills from using the medium finisher on them.

Imo, theres 3 things that could be done.

First, stop ALL scripting. Binding moves to keys removes the skill. (I've seen though spectator mode people doing exact 180 turns followed by a backstab and when combined with pull it just gets silly)

Secondly, push and pull should not knock you over, certainly not if you have max levels.

Third, knock heal up a bit. Its effectiveness was quartered in the patch and from playing both dark and light side I think thats too much. Drain is far more effective especially in FFAs.

Another possible thing would be to slow the heavy backstab down. Its much faster than any of the other heavy attacks. A separate slower backstab for the red style would be better than just using the same as the yellow backstab with 1.5x extra damage.

Quote:
And you people call yourself star wars fans ... i spit on you .... you make me sick
Hmm, there arent really any jedi in the films that pull somone onto their arse and BACKstab them.
Bambers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 10:12 PM   #28
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

uhm.....lol....

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 12:06 AM   #29
Darth Skyw@lker

Quote:
HEY BOBA FETTICHINI!

shut up genius, hes trying to find a way to stop all the crying baby liek you who think the backstab is cheap...
Darth Skyw@lker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 12:13 AM   #30
JaledDur

I wish they would fix the exploitable moves such as this classic favorite:

Push, turn around, down arrow, click, repeat.

All they have to do is push you down and then turn around and swing, thats it. At least with DFA you can get out of the way, but with this, you are totally helpless. And if you are moving trying to avoid their rear swings, you'll get your butt pushed on the ground a whole lot quicker...

Raven, I emplore you, dont go back to the way 1.02 was, but dont stay with this latest abomination. Just either:

A) Take out all the one hit kill moves or any other move that will be used repeatedly.

B) Make the special moves have a recovery time that is so great they are only used in special situations, and are not feasible for use all the time, such as what you did with the new DFA (bravo on that one btw).
JaledDur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 12:19 AM   #31
Mattman

Quote:
Originally posted by Vestril

...I got killed by backstab perhaps three times in the last two days, and this is out of as many duels as you can cram into about 5 hours of play.

The one thing that kept getting me (specifically after about an hour of playing, when I started to get really bored) was the random light stance swingers. If you're really focused they're exceptionally easy, but for me I can only stay sharp on 1.03 for an hour, so I start getting owned by light stancers.
Damn! I'm not usually one to comment on the playing habits of others, but since you've fashioned a sort of complaint out of it... Did it occur to you that if you're losing your edge after an hour, you might be getting tired?

Take a break... Don't try to change the game because it doesn't allow you to stay focused over a 5 hour marathon... The human brain / body can only take so much...

Try lasting in a real swordfight for 5 hours. Even a well-trained master couldn't do it.
Mattman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 12:50 AM   #32
Zariyn

Backstab, etc.

Sure, there are ways to counter backstab, but there are also ways for the backstabbers to counter those moves. 95% of the backstabbers I've seen are Light Side. Absorb is the god of all force powers now. Now ask yourself, if faced with a Light Side backstabber with 3 levels in Absorb, what can you do but run away?
Zariyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 01:17 AM   #33
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
Damn! I'm not usually one to comment on the playing habits of others, but since you've fashioned a sort of complaint out of it... Did it occur to you that if you're losing your edge after an hour, you might be getting tired?

Take a break... Don't try to change the game because it doesn't allow you to stay focused over a 5 hour marathon... The human brain / body can only take so much...

Try lasting in a real swordfight for 5 hours. Even a well-trained master couldn't do it.
No...its a matter of boredom. I was not 'losing my edge' prepatch. I don't consider it to be an exceptional exertion to sit in front of my computer for a few hours.

FYI I have taken fencing lessons, I have fenced for at least an hour at a time, duel to duel, that is actually interesting. Postpatch is not. That is the issue, and I think that I am not the only one who thinks the whole miracle blocking thing is pretty dull...

Old 05-14-2002, 01:26 AM   #34
Chaotic~Angel

Quote:

Hey hey I'm a to the game myself. I get owned 75% of the time in a lightsaber battle. I think a quote from Gone in 60 seconds said it best...

'Girl I know I can't swim, you know what I do? I keep my black @** out of the pool!'

That pretty much sums it up....

'Chaos is inevitable'
Chaotic~Angel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 02:28 AM   #35
hyrit

I hate getting into these threads...but I think it's pretty apparent that most here have forgotten the purpose of games. Have fun. Most arguments being made here are how to win, not have fun.

I've had games where my ass was handed to me and I had fun. I also had games where I mercilessly beat the living bejesus out of everyone and I was bored. The backstab thing is not fun. In any form. I don't find it fun to use it, and I don't find it fun to have it used on me. The entire pitch of this game was to try to make a game where lightsaber battles were at least partially true to the movies. This pitch was made because such an idea was deemed as fun.

If you want to rack up kills and try to prove you're better than others, then there are probably other games better geared towards that. Let's face it, not all games are instantly balanced at first, and this is not one of them. The only reason anyone should play this game at this point in time should be to simply have fun. Save your bragging rights until the game is relatively balanced. It's not a crime to take pride in your skill, but to do so in a work-in-progress game like this is sort of silly.
hyrit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2002, 02:29 AM   #36
BoBa feTTichiNi

For the guy the thinks that raven doesn't listen to these posts your right the moderators jot down there notes and other people. But are opinion counts damnit its called economics

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > To All -=BACKSTAB WHINERS=-(1.o3)