lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How can anybody like this movie??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #41
Lord Jxx

Cool Guy STAR WARS: The lost clones

George Lucas is a genius. (Smarter than I am, so please forgive any misspellings) Star Wars will be one of the greatest "iconic" series of all times, bar none, but let's be frank. If EP1 and EP2 were the first two released, there wouldn't be ANH, ESB or RoTJ. I've read the complains: the acting, dialog and plot for the most part.

MY TAKE:
I don't feel it. I didn't care about a single character.

The movies are serial in nature, it's hard to care about the movie when you know how it ends.

Still way too much Jar Jar.

"I just slaughtered women & children, comfort me" What was that?

The Guy that directed ESB should've done this one. Yes, definately.

The Yoda battle was too much. So far over the top it was stupid. In RoTJ, Yoda died of old age of 940. He can't be younger than 900 in this movie. (But the Yoda animation overall was good. Except the little hovercraft scene, looked cheesy.)

I found my mother, she dies two minutes later.. I would rather her be eaten with her head left.

EP3 should be GREAT!! (PLEASE GOD!!!) They took the plot of one GREAT movie, divided into 3 movies, then saved all the best stuff for the last one. For some reason that doesn't make sense to me.

Was it just me, or did anyone else want to see the clone war? I wanted to see a conflict of Galactic proportions.

"Death is easy, living is hard".
Lord Jxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 01:14 AM   #42
Jango_Jinn

I freakin' loved this movie! Yes, it's 20 times better than Phantom Menace. How could anyone not like the whole Tusken Raider/Anakin thing? The way Mr. Lucas decided to portray that, was awesome. It just builds up to the "I killed them all" speech. (Which is more important than just ANOTHER action sequence with Anakin killing a tribe of Tuskens) That scene was one of the best scenes in this movie. Christiansen did a fine job on that scene, I was impressed too. And I'm not a movie expert. The Tuskens killed his mother for God's sake!! In the Phantom Menace, we see (at least I did) how strong they're relationship is. Anakin promises to return and free her, and that is why she died 2 minutes later. She was waiting for him. "Now I am complete". Dies... Isn't that the #1 reason why Anakin turns to the darkside, along with the other reasons?

In the speech at the homestead he says that he hates them. He feels he failed her. In that whole speech, or whatever you call it, you can just "feel" the darkside oozing into Anakin's heart and mind. Then the music in the background, just intensifies that part even more. Yea, that's cardboard emotions alright. LOL

The other movies had it too. "I am your father" speech. The scene in ROTJ, between Vader and Luke right before he takes him to Palpatine. I felt right along with Luke and Vader in those scenes also. Mark Hamil did a fine ass job too!

No, I'm not one of those people who cries at movies, and I am a Star Wars fan, but not obsessed with it. Action movies are my favorite, and this one had my heart pumping 100 miles an hour. GREAT! But, George Lucas succeeded at what he was trying for in that scene for me.

This is just ONE part of the movie I loved, but to go down the list would be a waste of time because half of you are probably not reading this post anyways. LOL

Oh, and Yoda kicked ass too. (Tee Hee)
Jango_Jinn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:26 AM   #43
RichDiesal
Pointfile of DOOM

Quote:
Originally posted by doc_holiday106
hmmm....a twelve year old can understand a movie plot that a 16 year old writer and cinema enthusiast can't.

There are some mysteries that will never be solved.
Maybe when you're a little bit older, you'll understand that age doesn't necessarily matter that much in most things. And being a 16 year-old writer isn't really something to write home about either.

Quote:
The Yoda battle was too much. So far over the top it was stupid. In RoTJ, Yoda died of old age of 940. He can't be younger than 900 in this movie. (But the Yoda animation overall was good. Except the little hovercraft scene, looked cheesy.)
Well, Yoda is feeble... it is only when he grabs hold of the Force that he gains such power... I mean really, think of how many people that are 60-70 years old, in perfect health for their age, and then one day, they're just dead. It just happens. Yoda holds on for as long as he can, and finally, it's just too much. Death takes hold. Nothing anyone can do about it.

There are three things that I paricularly hate: kids, animals, and women with attitudes.

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com - Map Showcase and Tutorials!
RichDiesal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > How can anybody like this movie??