lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How good do u think it will do at the box-office
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-17-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
COJ
Here comes the money

How good do u think it will do at the box-office

so?? do u think its going ot beat Episode 1, do u think it will do more then Episode 1's 400 and over million $$$, I hope so!!

You think your special, you do, I can see it in your eyes, I can see it when you laugh at me, look down on me and walk around on me.....
COJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 12:57 PM   #2
els.DarkLord

Well, flame me for this everyone, but actually, I dont care. Those are just stupid numbers. Noone needs them, hell, not even Lucas himself really needs to know if he will make more or less money, than spiderman, or whatsoever. It is a GOOD movie.
So why care about numbers? .... err yeah
els.DarkLord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
riz

els.DarkLord - It does matter how it does at the box office... If it flops, you can expect less money to be put into the grand finale of the the Star Wars saga... don't know about you but the more money spent on the last ever Star Wars film the better and this won't happen with a box office pooper...

"Budget-wise, Lucas says he'll be fine if Clones clears $285 million (you know, walking-around money for Spidey). "If it does $205 [million], it's a disappointment, and we have to rethink the things we are doing about the next one," he says. " ...article from E! near the bottom: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,9946,00.html

riz
riz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 04:09 PM   #4
Zindell
Insert Custom Title Here

well seeing he's raking in a nice 70% of the profits and he chose to only let it run in select theatres because of the sound. Also they had to commit to show the movie for so many weeks. I think it might be a challenge to hit the goal he wants. I had to drive quite awhile to see the movie because the thatre near me couldn't afford to pay GL 70% of their profits they don't make enough as it is.
Zindell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > How good do u think it will do at the box-office