lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: will we ever see episode 7?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-18-2002, 02:28 PM   #1
wildheart73

will we ever see episode 7?

i remember reading in a mag once that g.lucas said that after episode 3 he's not going to write anymore sw films.dose this mean some1 else will do it or wot?

up the rams!
wildheart73 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
Cracken

Location: Less than 12 parsecs from the nearest Twi'lek slave dancer
Not likely. George won't even let another director touch the Prequels, much less a whole new sequel trilogy. Besides, that's what we have the EU for!

"Hide a stone among stones and a man among men." General Rokurota, "The Hidden Fortress"
Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

When he gets bored, he will make 7,8, and 9.....I hope...

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 03:06 PM   #4
Duncan Barr

No chance- the 9 part rumours were only when Lucas felt the story of Darth Vader/Anakin might stretch to 9 films.

As we well know it is a 6 part story.

Spin-offs maybe but sequels no- especially as Lucas is doing Super Special Editions so that the DVDs will fit together as one single film.
Duncan Barr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 06:17 PM   #5
dorain8

the deal

starwars was infact designed with a 7,8,9
but if you watch the special edition vhs interview
he says he is only going to make 6

is basically the newrepublic, grand admiral thrawn, jedi academy

hey who knows

i really am not worried about it yet

i am waiting for ep.3
dorain8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 06:47 PM   #6
sparky_fox

I cant belive you just said this, no sooner do I create this pettion than there is talk about the 9 movie set, you must be sensing a disturbance in the force and acting upon it

Co-incidence that you say this becuase I was just over at PetitionOnline.com and created a new petition that asks all Star Wars fans to do their duty and sign up so that we can give Mr Lucas some feed back on the number of fans that wish to see the whole set of nine movies rather than just be happy with only six.

Please go and sign up and spread the word, we want to see the whole set of movies completed while there is still time, we need George lucas to do this as they are his vision and it must be completed.

http://www.petitiononline.com/9SWM/petition.html

Petition title "Produce the full set of Star Wars movies (9 Films)" Please sign up, I dont think I can live with the forght of only six star wars movies ever!

A mind is a terible thing to waste
sparky_fox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 07:10 PM   #7
SotE_Xizor1

You don't read or pay attention do you!? George Lucas put in his will that someone else has the rights to make Episodes VII-IX. He's too busy to do them anyway. He, as you may or may not know, is refiliming Episodes IV-VI, and probably a Special Edition of Episodes I-III
SotE_Xizor1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 07:27 PM   #8
sparky_fox

Refilming episodes 4,5 & 6, where did you hear this from, do you have a URL where this news is? cause that is news to me. Whern't they already digitaly enhanced when they where put back in the cinemas a few years back, is it more editing like that or fully re shooting the movies with whole new characters? why?!

I didn't know he had put the rights to the films in his will so that they can be continued, but still I'd like to have George be the one to make them, as this is his baby, his universe, anyone else no mater how good they are would just make it that 0.00001% diferent enough to not be authentic, I am a purist as if you couldn't guess.

I understand that he is busy but that doesn't stop me from hoping that one day they will be filmed and completed. If you don't have hope what have you got left to live for?

Old 05-18-2002, 07:48 PM   #9
dorain8

about what i was saying

don't get me wrong i would love to see 7-9
but i don't think it is going to happen for a while

but i am not worried about it now

and xizorboy
where the hell did you read this????
- 4-6 already have special editions (twice even)
(THX version + Special Edition)

- Lucas's will (i have never heard that one before and dont think
i ever will again)

- oya and Lucas would never refilm 4-6 he might add in a few
scenes but thats it

- Starwars is Lucas's Brain child
i doubt he would ever let someone else touch it
(though he does ask speilberg for his opinion now and again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- if what you say is true provide the documentation
or atleast your source
Old 05-18-2002, 08:53 PM   #10
SotE_Xizor1

I got it off of starwarssource.net, but it's been a few weeks. I could find the exact day it was posted in the news, if you want.

It IS true. Lucas had to use extras to replace some of the other actors. John Williams is putting the Imperial March in Episode IV. He's going to have the entire saga one entire piece of music, if I recall correctly. The THX version doesn't really count as an SE, because it just added improved sound. Oh yeah, Bail Organa is going to be in the Special Special Edition of the movies (yes, that IS what it's called). I think starwarssource.net got the information from either TV guide or a magazine that interviewed George Lucas. Good news for us! I want Lucas to put back the scenes with Luke and Biggs that were cut.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:58 PM   #11
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I doubt it- the dark side has been defeated, what's left to happen now?

Recruit more Jedi's and for Leia and Han to get married. Doesn't sound particually exciting for movies. Although maybe Sideious didn't die? and he faked his own death Now that could make an interesting storyline if he just rocked up out of no where

Natty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 03:17 AM   #12
aieljafar

George is not going to do 7,8,9 episodes for Star Wars for one main reason:

The story he wrote was about Vader. The rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin skywalker. The movies are Anakin's tale, not luke's, not han's, not the galaxy's. Just Vader's. He says so himself many many times. Since Vader is redeemed and killed in ROTJ, the story has ended. Nothing left to report.

That is why he let the expanded universe play around with the galaxy after rotj, CAUSE HE KNEW HE WASN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT!

There you have it.

"So now there's a liquor store involved."
~Zorak

"Be silent!...or be silenced."
~Golobulus
aieljafar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 04:08 AM   #13
Swordless

I dont think it was only about Anakin/Vader. I believe Star Wars rotates more around the whole family of the Skywalkers.

CHEW IT! CHEW IT! CHEW IT! SPIT IT OUT!
Swordless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 12:12 PM   #14
aieljafar

Except for the fact that mr george said this from his own mouth!

See the movies portray that feeling, but if you actually look at the basically storyline you will see that it revolves around Vader. His discovery (ep1), his anger/love/disobedience/arrogance (ep2), his fall (ep3), his fighting against the opposition (ep4 and 5), and his redemption (ep 6). it ends very nicely on episode 6. All the plot lines have really been accounted for. And from a story's perspective to go on would really just be a waste of time or a dragging on. Especially since now he has to contend with the expanded universe, and i believe at first he wanted the EU to be canon, it just got out of hand and he was to lazy to really regulate it.

Anyways, i remember seeing something where he said this and also reading something (in Star Wars Insider I believe) where he was also quoted saying the story was about anakin.

"So now there's a liquor store involved."
~Zorak

"Be silent!...or be silenced."
~Golobulus
aieljafar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 12:28 PM   #15
Sithxace

if george lucas was 10 years younger, then the chances would be higher hed make one but hes old. Im very sad hes old, if only he was younger.

Sithxace--
http://www.nelproductions.com
Your source to the funniest/craziest videos
EAW.net Moderator
Sithxace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 07:19 PM   #16
SotE_Xizor1

I never said George would do it. He gave permission for someone else to do it, although I guess Steven Spielberg would probably do it, since he and Lucas worked on many movies, including Indiana Jones.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:30 PM   #17
Tank_Comie4545

Has anyone heard the rumors that 7, 8, 9 are going to be the Timothy Zahn trilogy?

- - -
Tank_Comie4545 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 07:44 PM   #18
JimtheAssassin

Maybe 7, 8, and 9 would be about the Yuuzhan Vong if they were ever made....
JimtheAssassin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 08:20 PM   #19
Crack 6K

Lucas is doing a DVD release of the OT that has new music and new and improved scenes. He is NOT refilming the entire series, he is adding a bunch of scenes and altering several scenes for the sake of continuity. At the time the Special Edition release, the PT had not been written, so I imagine Lucas is fixing several important things in the OT to fill in some "plotholes". We're not going to see these DVD's in a while tough... I've heard not for at least 3 years. After all, he's got Episode III to do.

Personally I'm saddened by the fact that Episode III would be the last official Star Wars film, but I don't want episodes 7-9. The whole series is just better and more epic with Anakin's story. Seeing the prequels follow his life, then seeing his fall, then seeing him finally returned and unmasked again at the end of the series really has a great ending to it.

- Crack 6K -
Riot Films.com

"He who controls the past, commands the future.
He who commands the future, conquers the past."
Crack 6K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 08:33 PM   #20
COJ
Here comes the money

Lucas said he was going to little changes to episode 4-6 after episode 3

then Star Wars is.......over

You think your special, you do, I can see it in your eyes, I can see it when you laugh at me, look down on me and walk around on me.....
COJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 08:34 PM   #21
JacenSolo2001

refilming the original series? talk about taking what someone says and twisting it to produce gossip!!! you should be ashamed of yourself, making up crap like that!
He's going to add a bunch of scenes he'd originally planned into the movie, and redo the sound effects in spots, is what he said about that last interview I heard.
JacenSolo2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 08:55 PM   #22
wildheart73

at the end of the day,all us sw fans have got 2 get used 2 the fact that after ep3 there will be no more( (bar the extra speacial editions)

up the rams!
Old 05-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #23
Wossname

And after the original trilogy special special editions, there will be a new Phantom Menace Special Edition, and an Attack of the Clones Special Edition.

Then a Star Wars Ultra Special Edition.

I think he should insert an old Jar-Jar in the original trilogy just to piss people off.

Fear not friends, Star Wars won't be over for a while yet.
Wossname is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 09:23 PM   #24
dorain8

this is the end

OK
all this starwars special special edition is angering me

any changes that are going to be made to the poriginal trilogy are being made now

o wait they were ALREADY made

IF ANYONE ELSE IS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE FUTURE OTHER THAN SPECUALTION

PROVIDE A WEBSITE WHERE YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION!

IN 2005 THE 1ST 2 TRILOGYS WILL BE RELEASED IN A BOX SET
LUCAS HAS ALREADY SAID THIS IN AN INTERVIEW HE RELEASED IN THE SPECIAL EDITION MOVIES
Old 05-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #25
LooNBB

I'm glad Lucas isn't doing any more StarWars after Ep3... I mean... all he does is Screw up every new story he creates. I would just be sickened if he went and messed up the whole EU.

LooN-JedI
Old 05-20-2002, 05:48 PM   #26
Tank_Comie4545

we must make 7-9

- - -
Old 05-21-2002, 03:01 AM   #27
Frizbee

Lucas said in an interview that he would have liked to have made episodes 7-9, but he felt that the story was complete as it was, with really no loose ends after episode 6 to tie up.

And that he felt he was getting on in years, and didn't want to die before he had finished episode 9... or have someone else take over the story that he had created.

Therefore after Episode 3, there will be no continuations to the SW universe made my George Lucas.

Try not, do or do not. There is no try.
Frizbee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 05:19 AM   #28
Avernus

Here you go

http://www.canoe.ca/JamStarWars/may11_lucas-sun.html

Lucas doesn't come out and say there won't be episodes 7-9, but I think it's pretty clear where he stands today.

Although you never know, 20 years ago there weren't going to be episodes 1-3. Lucas is getting on, but he could go for another 20-30 years.

BTW: While roaming around I also came across this old but pertinent tidbit:
http://www.canoe.ca/JamStarWars/apr18_starwars.html

This jives with a story on the news I saw that was about Starwars and DVD. We won't get episodes 4-6 on DVD until after episode 3 is completed. And you can bet Lucas is going to restore, remaster, add, delete, etc. to ep4-6 until he is satisfied that there's nothing else he wants or can do to them.
Hopefully the last 'Special Edition' we will have to buy.
Avernus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 09:22 AM   #29
sparky_fox

tell me about it, I brought the original films on tape, then when the re-release of the movies (with extra bits in) I had to go and buy them on tape, and as soon as they are released on DVD i'll have to go and buy them all over again, and then thre will be a special super extended eddition and i'll have to go buy that.

Old 05-21-2002, 10:59 AM   #30
ThrawN_11

As much of a star wars fan i am, there will proably no more star wars films made by lucas him self.
but there could be more star wars films because of two reasons,

1. He will have to leave it in his will to someone, like his faimly, or a person he chose's
(If he is an ******* then he say that he dose not want the starwars saga to go on in the films)
2. The copyright on the movie dose not last for ever, when it dose run out something could happen then.

Maybe There wont be a film involving the skywalker faimly but maybe bobba fetta, or an nother jedi like
"The adventures on Yoda"
lol
ah ****, no point gessing right?
only time will tell...

ThrawN
ThrawN_11 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 11:35 AM   #31
DarthNoodles

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky_fox
tell me about it, I brought the original films on tape, then when the re-release of the movies (with extra bits in) I had to go and buy them on tape, and as soon as they are released on DVD i'll have to go and buy them all over again, and then thre will be a special super extended eddition and i'll have to go buy that.
I believe the ONLY versions of the Original Trilogy to make it onto the DVD will be the Extra-Special-Super-Duper-George_lucas-says-he's-finally-done-Edition that he'll tweak after the prequels are done.

I was talking to a friend about the future of Star Wars after the prequels and the possiblilty of 7-9. Here's my take.

7-9 won't happen. period. end of story. He allowed the Eu to become to large and cover too much of the material that he'd use for 7-9. When Lucas allowed the EU to use Luke and the New Republic and all the associated characters, he decided not to do 7-9. I bet Lucas puts a clause in his will that prevents anybody from continuing the Skywalker story in movie format. But...perhaps we will see more movies around a totally new set of characters set in a different time.

My gut feel is that Star Wars may very well contiune but not with the story/characters that we know today.

DarthNoodles out...
DarthNoodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 01:58 PM   #32
Ferox

yeah thrawn that would be cool to see a movie about Yoda's life imagine how different the galaxy was back then.
Ferox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 04:00 PM   #33
wildheart73

i've read the timothy zahn triology and thought they were really good,but at the end of the day lucas writes the star wars scripts,so i cant c them ever being made into films.dose any1 know if lucas likes the t.z.tri?

up the rams!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:17 PM   #34
hugepants

I think at some point someone has to make new sequels. There is so much potential in Star Wars as a story, and the universe of it is so expansive, not making moer films would be a waste of the license.
Here's how I think the 3 sequels should go:

Episode 7: Introduction od Mara Jade and her relationship with Luke

Episode 8: Remake of the Jedi Knight game, with Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors

Episode 9: Luke's Jedi Academy, and the story of his son Ben (he does exist, look on database on starwars.com)

Well, that's just my view!

Darklighter
hugepants is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 05:54 PM   #35
Tank_Comie4545

On good morning america today he said that there would not be any more after 3 waa waa. But then again he said there would be no more Indian Jones movie's and hes making a new one, and the only director that he would let do 7-9 is kevin smith, and i hope he will :

- - -
Old 05-22-2002, 01:38 PM   #36
ROB0711

Exclamation Episodes 7-14

Hello everybody...
iīm new here so donīt kick me for speaking loud.
i love all 5 movies iīve seen so far. they all have their weaknesses but yet they rock.

The point about the next generation of sequels is that Lucas is already using Material from that era in his games, etc. so the new republic seems to get a new, interactive touch. which basically is a good idea.
The point most of us loved about starwars is the world itself. wether the skywalker saga continues or not, it would be time for some spin off movies set in the sagaīs world which do not touch the original story but rather live aside it!

there are many great story tellers out there. and if lucas doesnīt want to bother with the story any more... many would be willing i guess. a good idea would be to make the spin off trilogies suitable for an older audience !

tink about it
Rob
ROB0711 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 02:10 PM   #37
Tank_Comie4545

i was with you till the part of "older audience !"
i dont think i want to know what you have in mind but i do think that it would be cool if he(lucas) is willing to give the rights to make a starwars movie to someone like kevin smith, and make movies about ewoks or like chewies life or even a f****** tv show on the other stories of starways that would be so f****** sweet

- - -
Old 05-22-2002, 02:45 PM   #38
ROB0711

older audience

ups. before anyone gets me wrong...

i meant something like making new plots for a audience aging with the films. they all love it. but they do also know the story...

so the older audience would be far more happy with a new story. a new plot outside the main saga with an intense, thrilling storyline. maybe even single movies.

i myself have almost no troubles with any of the 5 films so far !

so have fun and mtfbwy all !

Rob
ROB0711 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:25 PM   #39
Desler

Maybe someday someone will make the ultimate fan film - Episode VII-IX, based upon the Timothy Zahn novels (since they are the most popularized continuations). Other then that, officially, there's only Episode III, a whole lotta books, and a whole lotta games with unique stories to look forward to 'officially'. =) Someone who would make a fan film similar to a SW film of that scale would have to be rich, and really know what they are doing, and have many many friends who really know what they are doing. =) I'm not saying it'd be impossible, it'd just be an undertaking as big as the original Star Wars.
Desler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:30 PM   #40
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Current Game: Uncharted 3
10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
It really is impossible. But we can only hope. It started with the films, and the fans deserve more. You have to admit that the greatest anti-climax will take place all over the world once everyone sees Episode III. "That's it" they'll say. Please don't let us say that George Lucas!!
Darklighter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > will we ever see episode 7?