lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who Will Kill off Mace Windu in Episode III?
Boba Fett 38 51.35%
Count Dooku 6 8.11%
Darth Sideous 1 1.35%
Anakin/Vader 26 35.14%
Yoda 2 2.70%
Someone Else 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who will kill off Mace Windu in Episode III?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-21-2002, 12:26 AM   #1
DemonKing

Who will kill off Mace Windu in Episode III?

I'd like to see Boba do it myself...but Sam Jackson keeps talking like he thinks there is only one guy in the universe bad ass enough to pull it off (I assume he means Vader).

What do you think?

DK

DemonKing

"At this stage I believe I now understand the truth, which is that Lucas has gone over to the dark side. He is a Darth Billionaire ruling an empire, and is no longer leading a rebellion. He was once a semi-independent force, overshadowed by a dark and powerful business, but still managed to beat the odds and on his own terms, but now he sits on a throne with lightning in his hands and a franchise in his clenched fist."
DemonKing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 01:11 AM   #2
Ferox

he dies?!!!!! no... crap, i dont want to knwo what happens in ep3 anyways, i didnt know what happened in ep2.. im not really that big of a star wars fan, i was when i was a kid.. but after jk2 and ep 2 im a little more hyped into star wars then ususal.

the only dude who uses my cool purple saber and hes gonna get wacked :P.. no fair.
Ferox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 02:04 AM   #3
NemoX

I don't think it's going to be Boba because from what i've heard ep 3 will be set approximately 2 yrs after ep 2 which would make Boba 12 yrs old...A Master Jedi getting whacked by a 12 yrl old just don't seem right.

Of course i could be mistaken about the timeline.
NemoX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 02:06 AM   #4
Jedi_Monk

Among the Jedi, only Yoda and Obi-Wan survive the Clone Wars. I'm definately thinking Boba Fett--you don't just have Mace slice his old man's head off while he's watching and leave it as that. Boba is going to beat the crap out of Mace. Should be an incredible battle!
Jedi_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 02:25 AM   #5
COJ
Here comes the money

Boba is going to kill Mace, its obvious, why would Anakin kill Mace?? and Why would Boba kill Mace??? it makes more sence to say Boba killing Mace...in my view, beside, who wouldnt want to see Boba in real action

You think your special, you do, I can see it in your eyes, I can see it when you laugh at me, look down on me and walk around on me.....
COJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 02:37 AM   #6
Ferox

i cant see one of the most powerful jedi's in the galaxy being killed by a bounty hunter...
Old 05-21-2002, 02:41 AM   #7
COJ
Here comes the money

Boba's got the skills, why not? Mace got lucky with Jango, or maybe Mace gets distracted by something, and Boba takes advantage

You think your special, you do, I can see it in your eyes, I can see it when you laugh at me, look down on me and walk around on me.....
COJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:49 AM   #8
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

I don't think he will die at all...go into hiding like yoda he will. However if he is gonna end up dead, its gonna be because of Boba. Lucas wouldnt show that hateful face towards the jedi for nothing when jango got his head chopped off...

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:54 AM   #9
Ferox

heh, boba fet is really cool, but i dont think he has much in the way of skills, he gets eaten alive for christ sake hehe.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:56 AM   #10
Craz

Quote:
Originally posted by Griswold
Boba is going to kill Mace, its obvious, why would Anakin kill Mace?? and Why would Boba kill Mace??? it makes more sence to say Boba killing Mace...in my view, beside, who wouldnt want to see Boba in real action
Because in ANH Obi-wan says that Darth helped kill all the Jedi. Darth/Anakin will kill the jedi. Boba just won't have the skills.
Craz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:59 AM   #11
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Actually the Clone Troopers will kill all the Jedi...Anakin wasnt going after them one by one...

1. I kill you.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:26 AM   #12
Nebelwerfer_

where did you hear that SSC kal el ?
I personally think palpatine will kill mace, thus revealing himself

"Expect you what from man years old 900? English perfect?!"

☼ilovesara☼
Nebelwerfer_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 04:53 AM   #13
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

I think the ending scene of AOTC explains everything. The clones massing down and palapatine in charge of them. You wanna try guess what happenes?

1. I kill you.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:08 AM   #14
OldSkoolJedi

I Dunno, It Seems Likely That Boba Will Do It, But By Now We Should All Know That Lucas Always Sum Sort Of Alternate Ending That Makes Completely No Sense Whatsoever And Still manages to Come Away With A Good Movie....

Well Maybe It Will Be Boba(Revenge) Or Anakin/Palpatine (Reveal/Or Taking Out One Of The Powerful Jedi's) Or Maybe Mace Just Plain Gets Overpowered by the army... Who Knows ? Maybe Count Dooku Kills Him Lucas Only Knows :P

MWAHAHAHA
Yodas A Badass Kung Foo Gangsta On Crack !
OldSkoolJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 05:13 AM   #15
OldSkoolJedi

Wait...

Wait Scratch Previous Dooku Comment, Anakin Needs 2 Kill Him To Join The Emporer, Or Maybe Dooku Kills mace and anakin sees power of dark side.... AHHHHHHHH ! Too confusing... My Head Hurts

MWAHAHAHA
Yodas A Badass Kung Foo Gangsta On Crack !
OldSkoolJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 05:17 AM   #16
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Mace Windu - Jedi Master
Actor: Samuel L Jackson
Head of the Jedi Council, Mace Windu will have a spectacular lightsaber battle against a deadly foe.

MOHAHAHAHAHA....who will it be? MOHAHAHAHAHA....guess

1. I kill you.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:58 AM   #17
Harvester

My money's on Dooku beating Mace.

Dooku's clearly a master of the old fencing saber style (mentioned in the novelisation and script) which was why he beat Obi-Wan and Anakin so easily. He was having trouble against Yoda, which was why he thought retreat was a better option. Mace should make a more evenly matched opponent.

It can't and won't be Boba Fett. He'll still be far too young in Episode III.

rm -rf /bin/laden
Harvester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 08:01 AM   #18
Naphtali

If a half trained jedi like luke can dispacth Boba fett and get him eaten alive then what can the most powerful jedi on the council do to boba.
Likely Vadar will fight mace and win or Doukoo, i have a feeling that mace if he fights vadar will be the biggest battle since he macthes him size wise easily

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 02:30 PM   #19
Blenny

If Ep III does end up being set only TWO years after Ep II I'll be mighty ticked-off if it is Fett who takes out Mace "The Man" Windu.

Personally I don't care who actually kills Mace, just so long as it takes every piece of scum and villany from the Rim to the Core plus the entire clone army to bring him down, and he takes at least half of them with him! Windu ain't gonna go down without a fight.
Blenny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 04:06 AM   #20
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Have any of you even watched Ep IV. cuz Obi-wan tells Luke exactly who kills Mace. He says and I am paraphrasing " The emperor had Darth vader hunt down and kill all the jedi. " He says it right there, black and whatever, clear as crystal... he said kill ALL the jedi, not just some.. and Everyone in Ep2 was saying that Mace Windu was the most powerful, Yoda was just the most wisest... so when Anakin becomes powerful enough, he would be the only one capable of killing Mace... Boba fett will only be like what, 13, 14 years old... I mean c'mon, Jango Fett was thought by many to be more feared than Boba Fett, and look what happened to him.. He loses his head to a Jedi...
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:03 AM   #21
Conner56

Not sure where ya got jango was more feared. Unfortunately I didn't read the first 3 scriptings of episodes so Jango was a big surprise to me. Boba from what I hear is the 2nd most feared bounty hunter only one surpassing him which is IG-88 who also should make a appearence in ep3. 2ndly boba doesn't die from the sarlac. whilst falling in the pit he managed to set off a thermal det. and that shot him straight out. Later in ep 7 or 8 han and boba shoot each other dead.
I also doubt that ep3 will be taking place only 2-5 yrs later after ep 2. Lucas usually fast forwarded about 10 yrs. After all if he doesn't do this you know how much time he has to cover during ep3? Think about it Luke being born flashing about 18 yrs after that to ep4. Han is about 5 yrs older than luke as well early, mid teens in ep3.
Addressing the vader killing all jedi thing is a big if. One you can see dooku is gonna die by palpatine or vader. However that also deals with time you know how much time they have to fast forward for palpatine to make vader. The movie will most likely start with the birth of luke and leia. This also is the clone wars. Palpatine supposedly clones himself along w/ others. I have no doubt that Vader will kill most of the jedi but not all. Back on to topic however as i do think Boba is the one to kill Mace as he supposedly kills a bunch of jedis to become feared.
Conner56 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:28 AM   #22
Clone142

Only a death at the hands of the Emperor or Vader would be satisfactory for a Jedi of the caliber of Mace Windu.

I think it has already been established that Count Dooku will be bested by Obi-Wan (kind of a revenge for the first encounter I guess). And Mace is supposed to be above Obi-Wan in skills so...
Clone142 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:43 AM   #23
Kyle d'Tana
Official Aresen Nailer

Forum Veteran 
Wasn't the official Story, that anakin and palpatine kill all the jedis without yoda and Obi-Wan? All the jedis will be killed (i think) in EpIII or betwenn ep III and IV...

Enjoi Aresen! Perfect place to lose your sanity!

Kyle d'Tana: The one and only "real" Scout in this Forum

Inofficial title for best COMPAQ reseller
Kyle d'Tana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 07:19 AM   #24
Clone142

Well they already lost quite a few Jedi in this, the first battle of the Clone Wars. At this pace it won't take long before all of them are wiped out fighting alongside the clone troopers. The Emperor and Vader probably just took care of the strongest amongst the Jedi.
Clone142 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 07:27 AM   #25
Infinity

Natalie Portman said that she will be pregnant durring the third film. Do the math.

Infinity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 12:06 PM   #26
DarthNoodles

Okay...A few things here.

1. To the guy that said Boba isn't dead (the whole Salacc pit thing). Shut up!!! When are all you EU people going to get it into your head that the EU means nothing to the movies. George has SAID that Boba died in ROTJ. Fine, in the EU Boba lived on, but don't take that into a thread about the movie and tell somebody they are wrong for saying Boba died.

2. I watched ANH the other day and I think Obi Wan said Vader HELPED kill the Jedi, which doesn't mean he killed them all himself.

3. EP3 will have to be placed VERY soon after EP2. There's no way George would leave the pregnancy and birth to the opening scrawl or text.

BTW...In watching ANH the other day I noticed that when Luke is asking about Obi Wan, he (Obi Wan) says he hasn't gone by that name since before Luke was born.

DarthNoodles out...
DarthNoodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 02:38 PM   #27
Cobalt60

Noodles : I bet thats because Alec Guinness' character of "Ben Kenobi" is really just a mere clone of Ewan McGregor's character "ObiWan Kenobi"
(the clone Kenobi survives the war ; the real Kenobi dies in Ep3)

and btw the line from Ep4 is:
"he helped the emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights"

(he doesn't say "kill" the jedi .. he just says "destroy" .. as in "destroying the Jedi order")

((so it could be argued that the jedi council was still DESTROYED even if a few wayward jedi survived. including Mace Windu))

but regardless , Boba Fett's gonna take Mace down.

and Count Dooku will turn out to be Anakin's DADDY
(("thats right .. kill your father and take his place at my side"))
Anakin will kill dooku in order to complete his journey to the dark side.
Cobalt60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:44 PM   #28
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Current Game: Uncharted 3
10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Although Anakin does not completely turn to the darkside, as you know from the Emperor's defeat in ROTJ.

It does make sense for Boba to kill Mace though, as Windu killed Jango. He deserves his revenge, and that's what first gives Boba Fett his reputation as the baddest bounty hunter ever!
Darklighter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 07:24 PM   #29
Nightlord

In the original Star Wars Episodes Obi-Wan says that 'Vader helped to hunt down and destroy the Jedi.
In E2 you see Boba with his fathers head in his hands. I think Boba will kill Mace Winduas an act of revenge.

We are not creatures of shadow, but it serves us well, as an ally in battle, and a refuge for the rest
Nightlord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 07:49 PM   #30
Jedi SuperBuen

Exclamation also

It's not like Bounty Hunters fight fair anyways... He might poison him or put a bomb in his ship... Although I doubt it.

or maybe Boba Fett will hire a 3 headed monkey to kill Windu

It's not the kill
It's the thrill of the chase
Jedi SuperBuen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 08:01 PM   #31
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Boba will kill Mace just by looking cool. He walk in in his mandalorian gear, stand there, and Mace will fall to his knees and yell "I surrender, o' coolest one. Kill me like I killed your father!"

Fett then uses that wire elastic thing to grab Windu's lightsabre and decapitate him. Nicely (otherwise it would be more than a PG).

Fett then walks away, not looking back at the bloody mess (again, nice bloody mess), then turning to the camera to say:

"I better be getting paid for this."
Old 05-22-2002, 10:04 PM   #32
RabidPlatypus

boba will be 12 years old, he can't fit in the armor.....
RabidPlatypus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 11:17 PM   #33
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

How many years after Episode II will Episode II be then?
Old 05-23-2002, 03:38 AM   #34
Skyro

www.StarWars.com's bio on Boba Fett says:
"Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader desperately wanted to capture the fugitive Rebel craft, the Millennium Falcon. To that end, he hired a motley assortment of bounty hunters, including the legendary Fett. Vader specifically pointed out to Fett that the Falcon's passengers were to be taken alive. "No disintegrations," rumbled the Dark Lord, obviously familiar with Fett's reputation."

"Yeah, I remember the way you disintegrated Mace Windu." Darth would say.

Is it not obvious?

-Skyro
Skyro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 03:42 AM   #35
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Btw, the scene cut out from Ep2 was the one when Boba gets into the slave, and puts his dad's helmet on.

That scene just screams "ME IS GONNA FRIGGIN KILL YOU NIGGA!"

1. I kill you.
Old 05-23-2002, 07:26 AM   #36
Naphtali

Number one the jedi will have diminished nad be exhausted from the clone war, then the clones will attack the jedi, in order to secure this is bounty hunters, Vadar being the catalyst, and maybe the lost tweenty will join in to destroy the order as well.

However if you know GL he might have Vadar kill Douku, battle Obiwan, and then have his climatic showdown with mace Windu.
George can do it the way he likes, and it will be better that way

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 11:20 AM   #37
DarthNoodles

Quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali
However if you know GL he might have Vadar kill Douku, battle Obiwan, and then have his climatic showdown with mace Windu.
George can do it the way he likes, and it will be better that way
Nope...
Obi Wan puts Vader into the suit so Obi is the last person Vader is to fight.

I don't think Boba will kill Windu either. Too young. Best Bounty Hunter or not, he's too young.

DarthNoodles out...
DarthNoodles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #38
sparky_fox

I actualy dont care who kills mace windu, his character isn't actualy that well developed in the movie and I have no feelings for him either way.

I would have feelings for anikin, obi, padme, c3p0, r2 and perhapse even Jar Jar (god did I really say that!) but not mace, just not enough screen time, not enough quality dialogue to make him stick in my mind, infact is maces role even necisary in the movies? you could have cut his part out of the movie, especialy ep1.

I think his only real purpose was to kill jango, and therfor his only real purpose left is to get killed by boba.

I also note that people are saying that luke beat boba easily, not so luke was in trouble, it was a lucky blaster shot reflected from his light saber that set him free from the smart rope, and luke didn't defeat boba, han did and that was only by luck, I always felt that it was too easy an end for boba to just die in the sarlac pit so I hold the belife that he somehow got out afterwards

I dont care even if george lucas comes and tells me face to face, boba died in the pit, i'm not listening, he is still alive somewhere doing his evil deeds in a totaly cool and original way!

Is it wrong of me to actualy be cheering on the bad guys hoping that they win for a change rather than the good guys?

A mind is a terible thing to waste
sparky_fox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 03:49 AM   #39
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Cobalt60, if you remember, Shmi Skywalker explained to Qui Gon Jinn that there was NO father, she carried him, gave birth to him and cared for him, but she couldn't explain it... Which is why Jinn suspects that Anakin is the chosen because he was conceived by the midichlorines (sp?) which is stated in some propechy as the 'one that will bring balance to the force'" so There is no way for Count Dooku to be Anakin's father. and IMO, I believe it will be that Anakin and Obi-wan and mace will catch up with Dooku eventually and in the process anakin will be persuaded by dooku to go to the dark side, and while obi-wan and mace finish off dooku, anakin will turn to the darkside, fight Obi-wan and be tossed to lava that will force him to become who we know as Darth Vader. Least, thats what I think
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 07:12 AM   #40
Frumpus

Quote:
Originally posted by Darklighter
How many years after Episode II will Episode II be then?
... Um, *scratches head* .. .. I think Episode II occurs at the same time as Episode II.

no?

Frumpus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Who will kill off Mace Windu in Episode III?