1) Increase saber damage to the old settings.
2) Reduce backstab damage.
3) Return of the DFA (skilled players can dodge the old DFA, only whining noobs cant).
4) Leave the old force settings cept leave the new absorb.
1) Maybe not all the way up to old settings, but I *would* like to see how the increased blocking affects the damage under the 1.02 settings. Possibly increase them to halfway between instead.
2) Yes, but not to the level it was under 1.02, where it did the same as a normal swing. OTOH, it may do the same as a normal swing, but hit in more places, if so, reduce the damage some, but a hit form the majority of the points in the swing should STILL kill outright (you've been hit say, 6 times - of course you're dead). The suggestion about stopping the backstab/swing from hitting people getting up/on the floor is probably the most necessary change (perhaps the only one, since that would stop a lot of abuse - "ass-fighters" are easy to deal with from there). The backstab is easy to avoid if you are standing up, but flat on your ass it's a little tricker - you generally take some damage as you jump up to avoid it.
3) Not exactly the old DFA, the new one hits hard, kills if you connect solidy (nearly if you don't). I agree that lateral turning should remain gone, but how many times have you used it and landed on top of someones head? I do half the time I use it :> Allowing it to turn up and down would be acceptable, since you still wouldn't be able to hit ppl to the sides, and would stop this "landing on head" silliness.
4) This is a looong one - Abosrb should remain invisible, since that is the one advantage of it (before it was worthless, except for breaking grip). Leave it invisible, but increase the rate of force consumption to somewhere between the 1.02 and 1.03 levels (last less time, but has a duration that is useful).
I think perhaps Protect
should also become invisible, but I don't know about other necessary changes to it - I rarely see it used (so it needs some beefing at least).
should retain its current level of cost, but return to it's old level of healing - atm it costs too much and you get VERY little return except at level 3, and even then it is practically useless. This would go especially well with an increase in saber damage, but could be sacrificed if damage was left as it is.
, Dark Rage
are fine as they are, but Drain
acts too quickly - the rate at which it drains force power should be reduced somewhat, but can be compensated by reducing the cost to it's 1.02 incarnation - remember, if you know someone is using drain a lot, absorb 3 negates it's force drain and healing (without giving you energy though).
I'd like to see the two Team powers (Team Heal
and Team Energise
become more useful, I have rarely seen these used, nor heard of them used. I myself only use them because I often have a single point left after buying force powers).
I've probably forgotten some of the force powers, but those arwe the main ones with my thoughts on helpful changes. I primarily play Light side, so my familiarity with the DS powers is minimal, constructive criticism is welcome, flamers will be ignored (unless you point is VERY accurate).