lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Otah Gunga
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2000, 09:00 PM   #1
TerrorMaroon

Unhappy Otah Gunga

In the third mission in the underwater city of Otah Gunga, I'm up against 5 pillars in a room of water. At first guess, I would assume that I have to jump from pillar to pillar to get to the other side. Is this the correct path?

B.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2000, 09:29 PM   #2
Master Qui-Gon

Yes, that's correct. Follow them in their logical order, but you don't have to rush. You have enough time to turn and aim at the next pillar. If you want to get the blaster, you have to go through the whole process a second time to get across.

------------------

Master Qui-Gon, Minister of Silly Walks
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
Master Qui-Gon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2000, 04:30 PM   #3
TerrorMaroon

This is rather silly. This turns it into an arcade game, rather than a problem solving thinking game. At least Shadows of the Empire was a little more obvious in that I was playing a console game.

The pillar go down as soon as I land on them so I assume that I have to do one continuous long jump. I suppose they're actually floating in the water which explains why they don't just rise after they sink. Still, it's a pain.
Old 07-07-2000, 04:53 PM   #4
Joe Joe Binks

SOTE has got to be the worst Star Wars game to date. It's even worse than TPM. The cutscenes are crappy, game characters look jagged, and the sounds are muffled.

It's easy to see why there isn't a forum for it.
Old 07-07-2000, 04:58 PM   #5
Master Qui-Gon

It's the only one of its type in the game. Other than a few (moderately) challenging jumps in the last level that is. But they're not tough and certainly not irritating like the pillars. Plus, the jumps in the last level are part of problem solving stuff.

------------------

Master Qui-Gon, Minister of Silly Walks
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
Master Qui-Gon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Otah Gunga