lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: skriptkiddyz SUCK
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #41
TyrX

Very skillful assfighter as he didn't run backwards...

I'd come at him jump kick him in the face, he'd fall down...jump up and automatically 180-backsweep...instant death for me...I never survived it when he did it...almost beat him once...
TyrX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #42
Agen
The Spoon Guy

I've heard of it been done and have witnessed it(damn it's fast)
but i do'nt know if he was jsut turning and doing bacskatb straigh away.
Hard to paly soemone who can do a 180 degrees spin fast than u can't press the next button.
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 11:30 PM   #43
fgStratus

Its amusing how you guys whine about "script kiddies" yet profess to know nothing about the capabilities of scripting.
So I'll take a moment or two to enlighten a few of you less illiterate whiners:

Scripts are configuration files in your base directory (the ones with a .cfg extension) that contain aliases in them. These aliases are in actuality chains of commands, in general, the commands that you would use for finishers would be attack, jump, left/right (in order to turn), and turning speed. In order to time the moves correctly, you need to use wait commands, otherwise everything you had listed in your alias goes off at once. The problem is that these wait commands do not simply pause the script, they pause every single input you put in. That means if you had a script that DFAed for you, you would be stuck moving in the direction you were moving when you activated the script since the wait commands would prevent you from inputting new directions. Thus, the best written scripts for timed commands are generally inferior to similar actions done by even a mediocre player. If you are getting "owned" by these scripts then its either because you are sub-mediocre, or because the other player is, in fact, not actually using scripts.

Thus, all the "difficult moves" (are there any in JK2?) generally can't be effectively scripted. Combos require timing, a non-suicidal DFA requires timing and maneuvering, etc. These you can't do effectively with scripts due to the necessity of wait commands.

This thread is just another example of the "I think that I am an experienced player and everyone that beats me is either a) a loser who plays all day, b) a cheater, or c) has an unfair computer/latency/other advantage" mentality.
fgStratus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 12:05 AM   #44
G0G0GadgetForce

You have a way with words. I wish I could have said it like that. Thank you.
G0G0GadgetForce is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 02:13 AM   #45
TyrX

fgStratus, thank you for clearing that up.

I wasn't honestly sure because he had a Hells Elite Legion Tag on him and other HEL clan members in other games are VERY good...

a)I am that loser that plays all day
b)I think it is harder to cheat than not to
c)I play on servers where my ping is <30

So the guy in question must have been very good.

Thank you.
TyrX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 12:19 PM   #46
HertogJan

I use a key for the light style lunge... Now I can do the move in air... I'm a cheater ain't I?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 02:33 PM   #47
Darth Webster

HertogJan... Um, yeah. I think that about qualifies...

fgStratus... I know Exactly what a script is. If you actualy read the forum, you would see that I have actually worked on scripts profeshionally.

You'r being short sighted at far as implementing scripts goes. About the most anoying one I've encountered so far is the 720 back stab. It allows a kiddy to preform a backstab then spin twice (or more, it's hard to tell) so fast that at first I thought it was a bug... until the anoying foul-mouthed brat that was doing it started spamming it all over the place. I did some checking... yep. Script.

What I don't understand is why people would try to defend S kiddies?? Beyond the fact that they (can) unbalance game play, they tend to spam off at the mouth, break local sever rules, and generaly make playing the game less enjoyable for everyone else.
Anyone who would defend these dweebs a) Is a kiddy himself b) Thinks that it's his personal duty to jump on anyone who says anything c) has way too much time on his hands.

Ofcource my original stament stands... refer to the first line I wrote in this thread.
Darth Webster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 02:41 PM   #48
Dark Begger

Hell's Elite Legion players are not that good. I was accepted into their clan, played for a bit..got bored due to their inactivity and their lack of saber skills, and went to clan SofD...

Hell's Elite Legion players are skiled in CTF, not saber fighting..so if you say they're ALL good...you gotta touch up on a few things...
Dark Begger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > skriptkiddyz SUCK