lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Duelin in the Fates
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-25-2002, 10:51 AM   #1
Sub_Woofer

Duelin in the Fates

Hey

I just downloaded livingdeadjedi's Duel of the Fates map, and WOW... what a great job he's done. Perfect atmosphere music and style (and I thought it couldn't get any better than JK1's Fates level!)

Only one problem that I seem to have with it, is that It does not seem to work very well in single player mode. the console lists many problems about shaders, and the majority of the textures do not show up in game.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? and if anyone has any idea how to rectify it? (if there is no way, are there any plans of a single player level ahead?)

Just that it is a really great map, and it is spoilt by dueling half witted idiotic bots which run away from you on sight. I want to play some REAL bots, like the ones in single player.

Thanks, and once again, terrific map and forums.
Sub_Woofer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 10:54 AM   #2
Soulless

do you ever get the problem with normal bots that they never go onto the main dual bit or even near there. They just stick around the hanger. I think thats bad.
I have the same problem with the shaders btw.
Soulless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #3
Sub_Woofer

Yeah Soulless, I know exactly what you mean, they seem to be scared of the big open area or something.

It sucks, such a terrific map, and I can't have any fun with it...... due to 56k and crappy bots!
Sub_Woofer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #4
Demolisher

I get that too in single player; half the stuff is black. There is another duel of fates map out now though and it works in single player. Both maps rock though!
Demolisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 03:53 PM   #5
DannyJAllTheWay
Banned

I think it would be better to sacrifice some of the eye candy and make it so that people can actually play in it with out having it lag. Cuz if the bots don't work and you can't play it online cuz of the lag, then what's the point of even having the map? Don't get me wrong, they are both good maps. I just would never use them cuz of this.
DannyJAllTheWay is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 04:00 PM   #6
Woodster2003

IM friends with the creator of the map(LivingDeadJedi), I found him some new textures for that core room(the purple cylinders that is) and once he looks at them he'll tell me if he likes them. He also said, we can expect a new version of the map in under a month(more likely 1-2 weeks), so just hold on, its coming. But hes also working on a clan arena map(its about 95% done), and then he is going to start on the inside and outside of Jabba's Place, its gonna be awsome, there is some real promising work coming from him.
Woodster2003 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 05:45 PM   #7
Pedantic

Hmmm...well, I don't exactly play the map although it rocks, 'cause my crappy video card gives me a lovely 5-6 fps in the room with the purple energy beams.
Pedantic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 06:04 PM   #8
Dunedain

Where can we download these Duel of the Fates levels from?
Dunedain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 07:21 PM   #9
Aoshi

you can get the duel of the fates map on jedikknightii.net just look in the files section. you can also just look to the right of the screen once it loads and you will see it in the most popular section

I will be the strongest
~Shinomori Aoshi
Aoshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:30 AM   #10
DannyJAllTheWay
Banned

There are 4 Duel of the Fates maps on http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/ . They should be all under FFA.

* EDIT- There is one in duel called "Naboo Reactor". The other three that are in FFA are called: "Duel of the Fates", "Episode 1", and "Naboo Reactor". Enjoy!*
DannyJAllTheWay is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Duelin in the Fates