lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would you like to see Darth Sideous duel in Episode III?l
Yoda 13 52.00%
Obi-Wan 2 8.00%
Mace Windu 6 24.00%
Anakin 0 0%
Dooku 3 12.00%
Someone Else 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who would you like to see Darth Sideous duel?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-27-2002, 04:42 AM   #1
DemonKing

Who would you like to see Darth Sideous duel?

I'd like to see him go toe-to-toe with Yoda, of course...but Windu or Obi-Wan would be fine as well.

Regards,

DK

DemonKing

"At this stage I believe I now understand the truth, which is that Lucas has gone over to the dark side. He is a Darth Billionaire ruling an empire, and is no longer leading a rebellion. He was once a semi-independent force, overshadowed by a dark and powerful business, but still managed to beat the odds and on his own terms, but now he sits on a throne with lightning in his hands and a franchise in his clenched fist."
DemonKing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:03 AM   #2
MotionMan
George Lucas Jr.

I would like to see darth sidious duel anyone.
I doubt it will happen. Although I didnt think I would ever see Yoda use a light saber either

P.E.A.C.E-Possitive Energy Always Corrects Errors
When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films.-StarWars.com
MotionMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:06 PM   #3
Craz

I don't want to see him duel anyone. He is not about combat but rather manipulation. He is a puppet master not a doer. If he ends up dueling anyone, I think it would hurt the character.
Craz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:09 PM   #4
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Sidious is never going to pick up a saber. He's beyond that.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:15 PM   #5
Storm2K

I loved the yoda saber scene from episode 2, but i hope it is left at that, i dont want to see Yoda fight again...

My pref would be Vader Himself, which in the plot may finally turn him...

Bye.
Storm2K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 05:17 PM   #6
Storm2K

Just a though, but maybe we will see Sideous use the force to control his saber, whilst havihg a coffee....

you get the picture
Storm2K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 07:14 PM   #7
MotionMan
George Lucas Jr.

Quote:
Originally posted by Storm2K
Just a though, but maybe we will see Sideous use the force to control his saber, whilst havihg a coffee....

you get the picture
LOL . Thats more like sidious

When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films.-StarWars.com
Old 05-27-2002, 07:33 PM   #8
Jaster21801

Yeah, I don't think Sidious will fight.. He's more of a "sit back in the curtains" type of guy... He has too much to lose if he dies, since he's a senator too...
Jaster21801 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 03:58 AM   #9
Raynaga

Sidious shouldn't fight, just as Yoda should not have. Both characters should be above the physical forms of combat. Sadly, Yoda was demeaned in AtoC. Hopefully the same mistake will not be made with Sidious.

--R--
Raynaga is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 04:02 AM   #10
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
DEMEANED?!?! O.O

Oh wellz...you're entitled to your own opinion I guess...

But I don't think Sidious should saber fight. He didn't in RotJ...

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 04:18 AM   #11
Raynaga

Yes, demeaned. Yoda is supposed to be the greatest Jedi in the universe, unparalled in his control of the Force. If this is true, why must he bring himself down to the level of the most unskilled Padawan by having to pick up a lightsaber to defeat his foes? If his skill with the Force is so great, the physical aspect should be cast aside in favor of combat with the Force itself.

--R--
Raynaga is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 04:27 AM   #12
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Which he did, until Dooku issued a challenge to a saber duel, hoping he could overwhelm him that way.

Obviously, Yoda proved him wrong.

Run, Dooku, run!

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 10:32 AM   #13
Jaster21801

Yep... Redwing's right. And Obi-Wan even says that Anakin could surpass Yoda's sabering skills which mean that Yoda's a badass and every Jedi knows it.
Jaster21801 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 12:44 PM   #14
MotionMan
George Lucas Jr.

Where does it say that its low to use a light saber? Thats is the weapon of a jedi. Yoda is in fact a Jedi. NO?
Just cause he is old and he is small in stature doesnt mean that he isnt capable of weilding or using a light saber. Im not saying you said this im just making that clear. Who says that in his youger days he wasnt a reckless swordsman? He is 800+ years old. Old shaolin monks are feared and respected by their pupils not only because they are wise. They are also respected cause they can kick they crap out of their pupils even if they are 80 years old. AND they will use the same technics they teach their pupils. They wont say " Man im just tooooo good to use this kick or this punch on this guy who is theatening my life". "Even though he might kill me at least I didnt use a technique that was used by the comeners."

Please

Last edited by MotionMan; 05-28-2002 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:08 PM   #15
Morath

Oh Yeah baby

Say what ya want, but Yoda rocked and he should have used the saber. The saber is the symbol of a Jedi. It is only appropriate that an honor bout between a padiwon and his master be settled that way.

As far as the emperor, he doesn't seem to have any honor. So anything goes for him. BTW if he is the trainer of such great sordsmen like Darth Maul it only stands to reason that he too would be great with a light saber. The dark side is power hungry and anything less would not merit being called master.

My vote is Yoda vs Emperor, with the emperor cheating his way out of death. Using his amassed troops to finally get him out of the butt whooping that Yoda would give him with both the saber and the force..........Rock on Yoda!!!!!!!!! ......lol.
Morath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 04:34 PM   #16
COJ
Here comes the money

Sidious is a just a dark sith, he doesnt need to fight, he'll get someone to fight for him, I dont even consider Darth Sidious a real Sith Jedi, if he is, he's going to prove it

You think your special, you do, I can see it in your eyes, I can see it when you laugh at me, look down on me and walk around on me.....
COJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 05:44 PM   #17
DarkAgent

Darth Sidious vs Jarr Jarr Binks

(Jarr Jarr's big death scene)

--------------------
Hey! You There!
DarkAgent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 06:11 PM   #18
Morath

Post Forget all the subtle manipulating crap...

Well I think the Emp should fight. All other Jedi have now. The circle would be complete if he did, other than picking on newbie Luke Skywalker.

You have to admit, seeing the Emp and Yoda duking it out would be cool. Maybe Obiwan and Darth duking it out round one. Yoda kicking the crap out of duku first of course or maybe Yoda and Wendi taking on duku and the Emp. That would be some serious testosterone.......lol.
Morath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Who would you like to see Darth Sideous duel?