lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: All I want is a GOOD fight!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Angry All I want is a GOOD fight!!!

Please please please, somebody help.

Like I say all I want is a good fight with people that dont try a special move on you every couple of seconds. It seems virtually everyone is obsessed with getting an easy kill as opposed to working at a kill.

I'm not trying to say never use specials but for god's sake not very single time the opponent gets near you. Maybe I'm missing the point but I want swashbuckling fights like in the movies, where theres blocks and parrys. attacks and counter attacks, not just some show off who has learnt all the flashy moves and running round pointing their backside at you at every available opportunity.

I am not saying this through sour grapes as these folk are predictable to say the least. I just want a good battle for once.

Even after all this time it seems as though the problem is getting worse. The same principle applies to the beatem up games, any fool can win with a 1 hit kill but to win using regular moves at the right times is so much more satisfying.

Am I the only person left that likes to fight properly now?

Are there any servers that frown on the abuse of Power moves where I would get a good fight?

If anyone knows please do let me know.

PS before anyone suggests that its because I cant do these moves think again, I can do most moves at will but choose not to in order to get a better fight.

Peace to u all
Jah Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 01:30 PM   #2
SPY_imr1
Banned

Hello there, Jah Warrior! Are you feeling stupid? I know you are but hey, I'm gonna kill you anyway in just a few moments! Yes, what makes you think I can't do that over the Internet?
SPY_imr1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #3
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Quote:
Originally posted by SPY_imr1
Hello there, Jah Warrior! Are you feeling stupid? I know you are but hey, I'm gonna kill you anyway in just a few moments! Yes, what makes you think I can't do that over the Internet?
did you even read the post?
Old 05-26-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
SPY_imr1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
did you even read the post?
Nope. Did U
Old 05-26-2002, 01:42 PM   #5
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Re: All I want is a GOOD fight!!!

Quote:
[B]Like I say all I want is a good fight with people that dont try a special move on you every couple of seconds. It seems virtually everyone is obsessed with getting an easy kill as opposed to working at a kill.
/B]
Ahhh...this is music to my ears
(ignore the Spy-whatever retard)

I want a good fight too, but it seems that every time I try something..a new combo or whatever, the other guy just SPINS AROUND, PUSHES HIS BUTT AGAINST ME AND BACKSTABS!

That is so *dirtyword-dirtyword-dirtyword* LAME! I mean...what can you do, except sweep him the next time. You know there's no use blocking and waiting for an opening or trying some cool moves when the other will backstab every *dirtyword-dirtyword*-time he gets close. IS THAT FUN? NO!

Damn, I really hope to find a good server with decent people...well actually, I did find one...I'll PM it to you.
I got a 100+ ping on it so it's not so good for me, despite of my god-like talents.

Yeah right..

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Thanks Luc

Thanks for the mature reply, Luc

Also I might add that there is an ignore user function if you can't be bothered to read the posts of pre-pubescent geeks

I mean you Spy-IMR1

Peace to you ALL
Old 05-26-2002, 01:46 PM   #7
Sebow

i make a good fight and can do Backstap without that you even see my BACK, but i hate Fighting Everyone just ran At me Backward it looks so stupid... i make a lunge attack and he is dead......BORING
Sebow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 01:51 PM   #8
SPY_imr1
Banned

Hello Mr. Stupid Idiot Person!
Old 05-26-2002, 01:53 PM   #9
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Keep bumping my post, i like to see it at the top of the list

hehehe,

thanks for your help in doing so!
Old 05-26-2002, 01:56 PM   #10
SPY_imr1
Banned

Quote:
Keep bumping my post, i like to see it at the top of the list

hehehe,

thanks for your help in doing so!
Hey, dude, what's your ICQ? We should chat sometime!
Old 05-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #11
Madcow

Quote:
Originally posted by SPY_imr1

Hey, dude, what's your ICQ? We should chat sometime!
*throws a baby panda at moron*
will you stop? your only making yourself look stupid by impersonating someone else!

Quoting me in any way is strictly illegal due to my posts being my copyrighted intellectual property
Madcow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 02:54 PM   #12
Reaper21x

I agree with everything Jah Warrior has said. There is no skill in the game anymore.
Hey, if you find one of those servers, I might play JK2 again. Otherwise, I'm back to Q3.
Reaper21x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:10 PM   #13
Soulless

I agree, everyone is out for kills these days (much like spammers are for post counts). To me the kills do not matter. It's wether I get a good fight or not. I dont care wether I die or not, it's probably inevitable. But having a good fight that lasts 5 minutes is the best part. There's no skill in killing, but there is skill in making your enemy think...
Soulless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:26 PM   #14
GooglyMoogly

Bravo!.

I agree whole-heartedly. I find myself playing this game less and less because more often than not it IS a gank fest. As far as I can tell, lame play tactics spread like a disease. The more people use these moves over and over the more people feel they need to do the same to get *some* kills. It's contagious.

Who wants to join a server just to be fodder for the lamers?.

I run my own server and usually kick spammers and abusers, but lately it seems that is all anyone is doing. Sure I may run into one person that likes to fight well, but it is becoming less and less frequent. Every once in a while I do find myself playing with some folks that don't abuse the killer moves and it's a great game, but it only happens about one out of ten times I log on.

I think we should start a thread for people that like to actually PLAY the game and have fun. Then we can designate servers to play on and keep all the lamers away.

I wish there were an easy solution, but you really can't do much about it.

*sigh* ( thinks about going to play JK2, but decides he'd have more fun watching the grass grow)
GooglyMoogly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:29 PM   #15
flippo

I just stick with 1.02 servers. There are, of course, DFA whores up the whazoo, but I'll take them over the janitors. It seems the janitors haven't found their way into 1.02 yet.

P.S. Remember me, Jah? That one map with the skinny bridge over the water? That was one fun duel map, back in the day. (back in the day=a month ago in JK2 terms)
flippo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:50 PM   #16
C'jais
Spicy Viking Boy

I couldn't agree more jah warrior...

As it is now, i NEVER use special moves at all, in a vague attempt to show that winning without lunging, dfa'ing and backstabbing can be done.

If a person kills using these moves everytime, i just ask him if he could kill me without them. People usually replies: "no." and that is very scary.

Don't get me wrong, people can use these moves as much as they want, but i just want to show people that winning can be done without relying on them (which most people do).
C'jais is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:53 PM   #17
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

You people need to get into a duel game with me then...cuz I suffer from the "Yoda Syndrome"

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:58 PM   #18
Vestril
The Man

Do any of us have a server? We should get together an play on it--have real fun instead of dealing with the annoying players...

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #19
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Oh I can make one right now, but it will lag you so much, you will want to kill me and my wider family

1. I kill you.
Old 05-26-2002, 04:52 PM   #20
Jubatus

Jah, we have agreed before and we're agreing again

I always play no force/no throw so I can't just resort to throwing an assfighter to death. Throw ruins a potential great fight.

It's the mentality out there; winning is all, how you play the game is irrelevant. Sad.

Jubatus
Jubatus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 05:17 PM   #21
Jah Warrior
part time waster

All good replies

I think it may be worth my while looking into setting up a server as i have two PC's.

Problem is the other PC hates JKII for some reason, its 1Ghz but doesn't like it when i try to get it working. Never mind thats my problem.

What I will do is set it up and PM the ip to you all (when that will be I do not know)

I will also enforce a strict spammer kicking rule. Then we won't have to deal with these plonkers. Hopefully by word of mouth we can get something going. Lets see.

Peace to you ALL.

Jah
Old 05-26-2002, 05:28 PM   #22
Fo0

Points well taken there Jah!!

But here is my theory....

Sure, the game cam out early, and everyone wants to win... but soon people will start to get bored of that, and they will start trying out different things, and soon most people will view the game like the few of us. Just wait for the smoke to clear, and things will start to shape up nicely!! Another patch would help also!

Fo0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 05:35 PM   #23
Fo0

Points well taken there Jah!!

But here is my theory....

Sure, the game cam out early, and everyone wants to win... but soon people will start to get bored of that, and they will start trying out different things, and soon most people will view the game like the few of us. Just wait for the smoke to clear, and things will start to shape up nicely!! Another patch would help also!

Fo0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 06:27 PM   #24
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El
Oh I can make one right now, but it will lag you so much, you will want to kill me and my wider family
That's not a good thing. I'd make one, but it would be a fantasy one, and it would leave you wondering why I use so many horrible drugs...

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 01:52 AM   #25
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

LOL

1. I kill you.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:03 AM   #26
[CO] HellmasteR

Hey Jah/Dot, I agree with ya, you know it from the way I play, and its too bad that the CO server is down now, because we kicked people who played like that. I hope to see you ingame sometime soon, we can school some immature morons.
[CO] HellmasteR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 02:48 PM   #27
Phr00t

Come to my server after 6 pm eastern time, I'll be there and give you a good fight. It's called:

DJedi Accelerated Training and it SHOULD be in duel mode, unless another of my admins switched it to ffa. Just chill there until I join, my name is "[DJedi]Phr00t -SC-" In Red, Yellow and White.

Hope to see some of you higher-class guys there.

Phr00t

[DJedi]Phr00t [JAT]: Your friendly neighborhood jedi trainer.
Phr00t is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 03:34 PM   #28
Jahs

Quote:
Originally posted by Phr00t
Come to my server after 6 pm eastern time, I'll be there and give you a good fight. It's called:

DJedi Accelerated Training and it SHOULD be in duel mode, unless another of my admins switched it to ffa. Just chill there until I join, my name is "[DJedi]Phr00t -SC-" In Red, Yellow and White.

Phr00t
IP?

Some wise word there Jah.
Thats why I never play on public servers...
Jahs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 04:24 PM   #29
da_rat

honestly i only use special moves when i know my opponent is almost dead, just to make the end of the duel look spetacular
da_rat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 04:27 PM   #30
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Thumbs up I'll be there

Quote:
Originally posted by Phr00t

Phr00t
Nice one check ya later man
Old 05-27-2002, 06:52 PM   #31
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

hmm.. I have one more bit of advice ^_^" IP games with your friends of which you know that they don't try the same lame old trick over and over again. And get some bots if you feel like having a big free for all ^.^
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 09:35 PM   #32
hyrit

I mostly agree with this, except I don't think it's right to say all special moves are stupid. All special moves have large drawbacks that cause them to be easily countered. If you show that you can and will counter a move, a smart enemy will stop doing it(or at least stop doing it every single time).

Only exception is bugged moves, like backstab/slash. But if Raven ever gets around to actually fixing this, that should be short-lived(Yeah right, I thought that the day I saw people start assfighting).
hyrit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 10:19 PM   #33
Phr00t

My IP is 24.70.18.44:27080. I'm USUALLY on in the evening and on weekends, its a NF Duel Server, duel win limit of 10, fraglimit of 2, good map rotation and mostly all skins out there.

[DJedi]Phr00t [JAT]: Your friendly neighborhood jedi trainer.
Phr00t is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 10:55 PM   #34
Cal-Gon Gin

Every server has honorable players. I've been having fun hunting them out and (in tdm) working as a squad or (in ffa) duelling them and exchanging sabre clashes (and soaking up the experience--geez the bots are dumb as posts). Otherwise, I perfect my dfa-backstab defence so as to discourage the spammers

Its all part of playing a game...

Take me away!!!
Cal-Gon Gin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2002, 12:24 AM   #35
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Specials

Hi

I think some may have me a bit wrong on this one.

When I say a good fight i mean 'no spamming' some seem to only use specials.

I use specials too but only when the opportunity presents itself. I never look for the special so to speak it will be obvious when it is a good time to do it.

Most importantly i use them in moderation. never repeat the same special twice in a row nor try backstab more than 1 time in a match unless its a total sitter.

This may sound like i am contradicting myself but perhaps I could have been clearer in the original post. (sorry)

Peac to you all.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > All I want is a GOOD fight!!!