lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Like NF or low force sabers (no saber throw)?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
JaledDur

Like NF or low force sabers (no saber throw)?

I need people to play w/ that I can count on not to run around backwards or be lame, so I'm starting a player group. If you want to play with people who want to just saber fight, or if you need to learn how, contact me on AIM at EquinoxS1.

My server cluster should be up by the first week of June, so as the group grows, we'll be able to start a server community.

Contact me on AIM at EquinoxS1, or via email at veauger@sigma1.cc.
JaledDur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
Ferox

is this a REAL nf server? or half force.. i hate when i load into nf servers and you can use push pull and the neutral ones.. uh ITS NOT A NF SERVER IF YOU CAN USE THOSE HELLO.
Ferox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 11:59 PM   #3
Vestril
The Man

Yes...pllllllease--that would be beautiful, wonderful!!!! Post your IP when you get it up!!

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 12:34 AM   #4
JaledDur

You may have jump enabled, maybe. But yes, not half force or low force. Like next to nothing force. I'll get everyone together and we'll sit down and talk about how we want to run it. I may make it invite only, and track players. This way I could set out some rules, with the help of you guys and those interested, which I could then enforce by simply banning those where were found to be violating those rules.

Not to say that's what this is headed for, but its just an idea, and I may have room for a couple of servers.

I will post the IP's as soon as the server goes up. Until then, keep contacting me with your information so that I can see what kind of player base I can expect.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:43 AM   #5
Vestril
The Man

This is 1.03, right?

Old 05-25-2002, 01:09 AM   #6
JaledDur

Yes, might as well live with it. Saber dueling is pretty rigerous in it anyway, just makes things a bit more challenging, as long as you dont use the lame moves.
Old 05-25-2002, 01:16 AM   #7
Bowen

Honestly.....if no one is using any sort of hack in a game then it should be fine. The only thing I can't stand is when someone attacks you while you are typing or making changes. That's not cool and no, I don't go around backwards using the sweep but I do use it occasionally if the opportunity is there and/or if someone comes up behind me. I hate it when others do it to me...but hey...it's part of the game and I hate ppl who only use guns...but again that's in the game.

B O W E N
Bowen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 06:49 AM   #8
Demangel

hey

you can probably count me in.

so long as simply backstabbing when it's stylish or warrented isn't a banable offense heheh. My own server when I put it up has the same kind of rule. Basically if you run backwards a few feet now and then it's fine. but if I see the same special move (backstab or yellow DFA) combo more than three times ina row with nothing in between, expect a warning... after that... astalavista baby.

Heck even an apology and an attempt at playing by the rules is all I would ask after a warning LOL.

As for what force should be disabled?

Well until we can lock force powerrs to certain levels (like push pull 1 or 2 or somthing).

i would say keep jump on at full. remove saber throw unless the server will be staffed with admins a lot (saber throw is not bad, spammed saber throw is). And maybe keep heal absorb, drain and grip (but grip ONLY if push and or pull are allowed). Me?

i would keep out push or pull, put in heal absorb, drain, jump and dark rage. and make sure saber offense and defense can be set as desired. However I would keep the amount of force points you have be low enough so that unless you subtract from jump or one of the saber powers, you can't have more than one or two levels in the other force powers. Like grip 1, dark rage 1. or heal 2, no absorb.

to me this would be fun. however trust me I can live on a saber only no force, no throw, jump only server just fine without one complaint heheh. these are the kinds of servers I usualy play on anyway heheh.

We all have to die, the only question is... Do you want it on your feet? or on your knees...
Demangel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 10:34 AM   #9
Sutek

I also would be interested in joining, but I noticed that your location is listed as Florida - since I'm in the UK my ping will probably be too dreadful to play :>
Sutek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 02:45 PM   #10
JaledDur

The server will be in Texas.

If you are interested, it is important that you contact me via email and not just this board.
Old 05-25-2002, 02:53 PM   #11
Sutek

Ow...that might be too far. I'll certainly give it a go, hopefully it won't be too bad for me (might do my reflexes some good :> ) How fast is the connection? If it's "chunky bandwidth" then I might have a hope.

When will it be running? What's the name/ip? (This all assumes I'm allowed, I won't assume no matter how much I'd like to play)
Old 05-25-2002, 03:26 PM   #12
JaledDur

IP doesnt exist yet. The server will go up first week of June, most likely. The connection is OC12, which is about 480 times wider than a T1 (~630MBit). Of that my server is capable of using 200MBits, and will probably not use over 10.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:32 PM   #13
Sutek

I'll just cross my fingers and hope then.

Dang. i've just noticed I went from being a battle droid to an ewok. What's next? Am I to become a Gungan ffs?!
Old 05-25-2002, 04:06 PM   #14
Vestril
The Man

What's sad is that you have to climp high up the post count to become a Gungan...

Old 05-25-2002, 04:16 PM   #15
Sutek

Oh god...kill me now...
Old 05-25-2002, 04:59 PM   #16
JaledDur

Well thats the general idea. If you would email me your contact info, then I would be more than happy to kill you.
Old 05-25-2002, 05:23 PM   #17
SPY_jmr1
The Quiet, but Deadly One

Quote:
Originally posted by Sutek
I'll just cross my fingers and hope then.

Dang. i've just noticed I went from being a battle droid to an ewok. What's next? Am I to become a Gungan ffs?!

thats at 400 i think... GL

uno mas for the custom title
SPY_jmr1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2002, 10:29 PM   #18
JaledDur

^bump
Old 05-25-2002, 10:46 PM   #19
Sutek

I would if I could but...

"The email function has been disabled by the Administrator". I can't even pm it to you :>
Old 05-26-2002, 03:55 AM   #20
JaledDur

Re: Like NF or low force sabers (no saber throw)?

Uhhh... dude.

Quote:
Originally posted by JaledDur

Contact me on AIM at EquinoxS1, or via email at veauger@sigma1.cc.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:12 PM   #21
JaledDur

^bump
Old 05-28-2002, 06:32 AM   #22
Sutek

Had problems with the forums in the last couple of days - didn't seem to want to open the pages (I wonder if anyone else ever has this problem?).

I sent you an email, but haven't received a reply yet. Mines kieren_smith@hotmail.com in case it doesn't get through.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Like NF or low force sabers (no saber throw)?