lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Infernal Machine on XP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-08-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
HJALABAMA

Unhappy Infernal Machine on XP

I bought Infernal Machine Christmas 2000 - a friend let me play it on his machine (Windows ME OS). I got near to the end of the game around February but had to stop calling around just to play the game. Now I have my own computer - Packard Bell 2.53 ghz windows XP OS - and of course the game won't work on it. At first it was okay but after a few hours it wouldn't let me access the inventory, save game etc.

I emailed Lucasarts and got the reply about Windows XP and downloading updates from Windows site. I've done that but it still doesn't work.

Is there anyone out there who knows what I can do to get Infernal Machine to work from start to finish with Windows XP? Apart from threatening the computer with a baseball bat?

Thanks,
Stephen
HJALABAMA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
Hoowl

The only two things i can suggest are downloading the patch from the lucasarts website

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/indy-im.htm

and changing the combatibility mode settings on XP. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Hoowl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2002, 05:21 PM   #3
HJALABAMA

Still doesn't work

I tried that - downloaded the patch, re-installed the game - no change. When I try to use the program compatability a message comes up telling me that WINMM.DLL is missing - the game previously worked with Win Me.

Its strange because other, older Lucasarts games work ok - Curse of Monkey Island (must try the others) and The Dig.
HJALABAMA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > IndyJones.net > General Discussion > Strategy / Hints Discussion > Infernal Machine on XP