lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Raven This Man Says It All...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-31-2002, 04:33 AM   #41
Con. Snake

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Begger
Con Snake, thanks for the flame...
oh by the way, thanks for the quarter, It'll give me a good night with your mom, unless she decided to raise her prices.
Have fun.
Con. Snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2002, 04:50 AM   #42
Nathan Wind

ugh. you now threads are broken when flames enter "your mom" territory. sorry begger
Nathan Wind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2002, 01:40 PM   #43
Vagabond
LFN Staff Emeritus

Cool Guy

Okay, here's the deal:

1. Prior to 1.03, DFA had far too large of a hit box. One could die from an attack that was nowhere near you. This bug has been fixed in 1.03.

2. The saber combat was more deadly prior to 1.03, which I personally preferred. But hey, we're talking about personal opinions here, not universal truths.

3. Is there truth in the statements describing how the game gets boring once you learn and reuse a few winning combinations over and over? Absolutely. Especially since there are so few of them in Jedi Outcast. Conversely, the original Jedi Knight: MotS had several winning combinations and counters - that game was brilliantly balanced, providing nearly limitless replayability.

4. Concerning multiplayer, the weapons, force powers, and gameplay mechanics aren't balanced like they should be. Further, these attributes continued to be tweaked with each patch. With each new patch everyone literally had to "unlearn what you have learned", and start all over again, which can frustrating for some. Conversely, the original Jedi Knight: MotS didn't have a single patch, because great care and delibaration was taken to make sure it was balanced before it was released. Raven did not have that luxury, and were under heavy pressure to release by the end of March.

5. My overall, personal assessment of Jedi Outcast multiplayer? It's a good game, no doubt about it. It looks great, and plays smoothly (at least on my rig), and the maps and skins are good. However, it feels rushed - no first-person skins, no original-trilogy or prequel-trilogy skins, inconsistencies between SP and MP, and the balancing issues. Overall, it's still a good game, which I would and do recommend to people (and for the record, I think patch 1.03 is just fine). Jedi Outcast just doesn't take me to my Happy Place TM, like MotS did

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
Vagabond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 10:01 AM   #44
Nathan Wind

when la was making good games, they didnt need patches. i have a bad feeling about any attempts that raven makes on their next go as well, unfortunately
Nathan Wind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Raven This Man Says It All...