lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Took a Break from the Boards for a Couple Weeks and....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-29-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
Demise_SOK

Took a Break from the Boards for a Couple Weeks and....

It appears the 'whining' about patch 1.03 that some claimed would go away hasn't stopped. If anything, it seems that 1.03 defenders are drying up .

Myself, I am now pretty damn good at playing under 1.03, which means I conformed to what is necessary to be successful under the new mechanics. Frequently, I am accused of just 'using one move' or called a 'bitch' or something like that. I find it kind of funny because if you don't backstab then you will constantly have to defend against the move the whole map- I know I have tried. The crappy thing about this is it can take 30-60 seconds to kill someone who is spamming backstab with regular saber attacks or DFA/med. twirl/light crouch, while the damage output of backstab kills in one hit. The other funny thing is that there is literally no way to outfrag others in saber-only FFA or defend/recapture your flag in CTF without utilizing backstab. It is unmatched in damage in the game I think- even outdamaging all weapons.

I hate 1.03. It deskilled the game in many, many ways and slowed it down in many more. I hope in hindsight some 1.03 supporters have had some time to see how badly MP has been affected and have changed their tune.

"The King is gone but he's not forgotten. This is the story of Johny Rotten."
Demise_SOK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 11:14 PM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

well, i guess there really isnt anything in your post i can dissagre with... well done... not much we can do about it...

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 11:58 PM   #3
Nathan Wind

well said
Nathan Wind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2002, 12:14 AM   #4
grandmasterlee

Increase saber damage please.
grandmasterlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2002, 01:42 AM   #5
Demise_SOK

Cool Guy

Wow, I am surprised some of you guys are still here .

"The King is gone but he's not forgotten. This is the story of Johny Rotten."
Demise_SOK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Took a Break from the Boards for a Couple Weeks and....