lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: quit whining
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2002, 11:58 PM   #1
Raven_Xwing

quit whining

Man I'm tired of everyone whining about the game , alot of people are complaining that certain tactics are weak while others keep doing the same thing over and over to get a kill.
But think about it don't all 3d shooters have the same complaints?
Be honest quake 3 , unreal tournament, halflife all have there "Uber weapons " and cheap things you can do to get kills.
LOL , thats the same with Jk2 .
I have a blast playing it still pre patch and after the patch too.
I have played half-life and counterstrike since they have come out and throughout all there patches since. Just takes a while to get used to the changes but hey they are still fun to play! Besides almost every thing someone does to you in the game can be countered with something else, so change your style of play try different things.....
My advice keep playing have fun and quit whining!
Raven_Xwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 12:05 AM   #2
QuietSith

Uh there is no way to instantly spawn a BFG and kill everyone.

Backstab is like that.
QuietSith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 12:11 AM   #3
jarek

now youre just whining about whiners. you are no better than the people you talk down to.
jarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 12:17 AM   #4
MadKiwi

Quote:
Originally posted by jarek
now youre just whining about whiners. you are no better than the people you talk down to.
lol, nicely said jarek
MadKiwi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 07:26 AM   #5
Demangel

Hmmm

This is unlike me... But I would say for once I don't feel this is a whining anti whiner post. Useless maybe... innefective for sure... but at the very least it had some valid points to it, and suggestions for improvement.

Didn't we all kinda decide that a whine is only a whine if all the post is is a complaint with no advice? Especialy if the post was written in a kind of whining way? Like:

"aLl you whiners are so lame! just STFU and play the damn game and leave us alone. your making my eyes hurt, and my cat pissed on my clothes and my GF/Wife/Lifepartner won't make love to me anymore all beacue of you whiners!!!"

I dunno heheh just my opinion.

However no matter how you slice it, see my first paragraph, if you think I am being too defensive of this thread reread it a few times... This thread even though well intentioned, and for once not all full of lameness... will be innnefectual, and is quite possibly as useless as the "Hey everyone I'm drunk" threads that have been popping up...

No offense BTW raven heheh.

We all have to die, the only question is... Do you want it on your feet? or on your knees...
Demangel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 10:13 AM   #6
Chastan

it would be nice if every other topic wasn't "this patch sucks" i mean we've all heard the arguments we "know" the patch "sucks" or whatever (not saying i'm necessarily in agreement)
Chastan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #7
Madcow

RavenX-wing, here is a metaphor you might like

never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quoting me in any way is strictly illegal due to my posts being my copyrighted intellectual property
Madcow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 06:29 PM   #8
Vestril
The Man

Quote:
Nicely said, here's my advice to you--given to me by a wise man

Vestril was here!!!!!!!!!
Vestril is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 08:30 PM   #9
icefox98

My Advice

My Advice - Quit playing. Quit posting on this forum. (not in that order, though).
icefox98 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 08:32 PM   #10
Tain

Bah, it all boils down to the ass-fighting debate.

Once you start down the ass side, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Tain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 08:39 PM   #11
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 09:20 PM   #12
Blamer

I love how the people who go into threads and say "You're whining about the whiners, you're no better than they are" think they're so clever...when in actuality they're "whining about people who whine about whiners" which I would think is a lot worse.

And the thing is, there was no whining in this guy's post whatsoever in the first place, just suggestions.

Surrender or die!
(Typically found in saber servers as Toxotes Antares or Major Beatdown.)
Blamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 10:35 PM   #13
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally posted by Blamer
I love how the people who go into threads and say "You're whining about the whiners, you're no better than they are" think they're so clever...when in actuality they're "whining about people who whine about whiners" which I would think is a lot worse.

And the thing is, there was no whining in this guy's post whatsoever in the first place, just suggestions.
Guy nr 2342347502357230589723405723045 repeating the same thing.

This is contagious...

1. I kill you.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:05 PM   #14
DeathDragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Madcow
RavenX-wing, here is a metaphor you might like

never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
how right it actually is. the metaphor anyway though it is possable to still out wit the idiot with relintlessness
DeathDragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 11:08 PM   #15
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Actually...

(edit-Gonk-not acceptable... please refrain. k thx bie)

1. I kill you.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:10 PM   #16
paulbob

Why don't we all stop whining about the whiners whining the whining whiners and give some constructive criticism. No amount of whining will help, in either direction. Instead, let's give Raven some suggestions about what to do to make the game great! Or we can make our own mods!

-Soldier2200
paulbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 11:11 PM   #17
DeathDragon

thats class
DeathDragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2002, 11:45 PM   #18
icefox98

I agree, death

Even though I have been somewhat mean to you dragon I agree. What class youve shown Kal. Do you realize how mean that is? Get off your computer, go outside, get some sun on your pasty white ass, and communicate with people Howard ****ing Hugues. Oh yeah, theres a few signs of the apocalypse....one of them is the day that kal el will get a girlfriend. =)
Old 06-02-2002, 11:59 PM   #19
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Hahaha, you understood just the surface...the weak minded only do. Actually I was rethinking it over myself. Did you ever heard of the word methaphor? Or are you just looking for a fight? Either way.....you know the answer heh.

1. I kill you.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:03 AM   #20
Lime-Light
Umpalumpa

I donated to the Special Olympics once......'tards really scare me though.
Lime-Light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 12:06 AM   #21
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

It isn't about retarded people at all. It's just an example. Try see through it. The only reason retardation is shown, is because it is the best example for this.

1. I kill you.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:44 AM   #22
icefox98

Wow.

Kal...I don't think the problem is the metaphor...but the TEMPLATE ON WHICH THE METAPHOR IS BASED YOU ****ING MORON. It makes fun of disabled people, pure and simple.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:49 AM   #23
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Again, since I don't see it that way, you can go **** someone else's ass on the definition since your brain is not able to see past that. Besides I wasn't the one who made the template, so don't kill the messanger.

1. I kill you.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:15 PM   #24
icefox98

Your joking, right? trying to cop out by saying, oh im just the messenger? I really hope your joking. Thats like being in the KKK and saying, oh its all true what i say, but hey, dont hate me, im just a messenger. Nice try and a cop out, better luck next time. Im sure there was some greater outside force acting on you to post that. Go make fun of disabled people somewhere else.

P.S. Oh Digl....I would think a ban would be in order.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:29 PM   #25
Dark Begger

hmm..I see how you can take it that way ice, but seriously, I don't think he meant to make fun of mentally ill people. It's a pretty easy metaphor to see, "no matter what you do you will always be considered a retard". He's just saying no matter what patch comes out, no matter how good you get, no matter what you did, you will always be considered cheap or something in the end.

Anyways, the 2v2 tourny is starting up this week...woohoooo..

1st prize GeForce 4 ti4600....here I come baby.
Dark Begger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 01:36 PM   #26
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by icefox98
Your joking, right? trying to cop out by saying, oh im just the messenger? I really hope your joking. Thats like being in the KKK and saying, oh its all true what i say, but hey, dont hate me, im just a messenger. Nice try and a cop out, better luck next time. Im sure there was some greater outside force acting on you to post that. Go make fun of disabled people somewhere else.

P.S. Oh Digl....I would think a ban would be in order.
Pfft, I don't need to "cop out" of anything, it is YOU who is narrow minded, and apparenty extremly stupid when it comes to these things too heh. Everyone can take it as he wants, however since I didn't take it that way, you can go assume pretty much anything you want.

A ban? ROFL, you gotta be kidding me.

1. I kill you.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:54 PM   #27
crazyplaya73

Thumbs down

Yea please ban this moron =SSC=Kal-El

That kind of humor has no place on any public forum no matter how trivial. It doesn't matter how YOU took the joke Kal-El or in what way you meant it.

If you truly think that every argument on the Internet is worthless then why don't you leave and go polute some other medium.

Perhaps, most of us realize that it does not matter what the outcome of the argument is and that it will most likely have no effect on what happens in the real world. Perhaps, most of us like to play games and post on forums just as a brief escape from the real world becuase its fun. Most people don't come here to spew personal insults and to make fun of disabled people. We come here to talk about a fictional game and then we go back to our real lives and anything that happened here doesn't matter in real life.

So to some it up YES WE KNOW IT DOESN'T MATTER ALREADY AND WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING F**K SO WHY DON'T YOU GO AWAY LITTLE BOY.
crazyplaya73 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 07:12 PM   #28
Nathan Wind

what fun!
Nathan Wind is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 07:27 PM   #29
GooglyMoogly

Damn Kal....I understand the metaphor but that is just utterly tasteless. Even if you didn't create it, you posted it which still shows something about your personality.

You could have easily posted *exactly* what you wanted to say instead of slighting a large group of people whom through no fault of their own have been born with a disability.

That's some seriously bad Karma dude.
GooglyMoogly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 07:49 PM   #30
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyplaya73
So to some it up YES WE KNOW IT DOESN'T MATTER ALREADY AND WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING F**K SO WHY DON'T YOU GO AWAY LITTLE BOY.
Ok you need to go back and sniff some more of that glue you apparently are already sniffing.

Quote:
Originally posted by GooglyMoogly
Damn Kal....I understand the metaphor but that is just utterly tasteless. Even if you didn't create it, you posted it which still shows something about your personality.

You could have easily posted *exactly* what you wanted to say instead of slighting a large group of people whom through no fault of their own have been born with a disability.

That's some seriously bad Karma dude.
As I said, I didn't mean it THAT way. I thought about it, and I mean it really is one of the better showcases. I didn't mean it as a mockery or anything like that. I didn't even had retardation in mind when I posted it. Just the message behind it. If you have problems with it, well that's your problem I guess because that is the way YOU see it. I just don't see it that way.

1. I kill you.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:20 AM   #31
Lime-Light
Umpalumpa

Damnit, you people are pathetic. You go around looking for someithng to be offended at so you can show how civil you are. YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING, and that equates to A SMELLY, MARGINALLY INTELLIGENT DISRUPTION OF NATURE, so there is no need to be civil. Wtf is wrong with making fun of retardation (not that KAL is anyway)? Its LIFE, its REALITY. You're not going to implode if you giggle at a fat chick trying to pick up a quarter or at a retard trying to wrap his brain around the word "echolocation". Get real, and lighten up.

EDIT: And besides, the metaphore you discruntled old ladies fail to grasp is that arguing over this, whether you win or not, gets you nowhere. You dont even win a prize like you do in the Special Olymics.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:39 AM   #32
Vestril
The Man

Eh, well I'm going to be cautious with my wording here, because it's not like I haven't sniped at some forums before...

but I think the distiction between laughing at a fat person and laughing at a retarded person is that the retarded person can't really defend himself, thanks to his diminished faculties.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly think it's funny, and people shouldn't take it so seriously--but I can understand that particular point of view...

Old 06-04-2002, 01:43 AM   #33
Lime-Light
Umpalumpa

True, but do you think a retarded person is too concered about your opinion of them? I think they're worried about motor skills more than what you think. I dont know what its like, but thats life. Like the saying goes: Lifes a bitch, then you die.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:56 AM   #34
Vestril
The Man

Probably not--like I said, I don't really care--people insult other people because of their ethnicity/disabilities/whatever, that's the way it is, and if you truly have an open mind, you'll just laugh.

I think people who tend to criticize that sort of thing are either A) thinking it was meant to hurt or B) afraid that they'll say something that show's they aren't politically correct and that someone will call them on it.

I really only have a problem with these sorts of things if they're thoughtless (like people describing things as gay--just call it bad ), or designed to hurt (you know the kind).

Old 06-04-2002, 02:38 AM   #35
jmvrett

Regardless of the whole debate on whether or not it is tasteful to post the response about the disabled people I'm thinking that the first ammendment protects people's right to complain or in this case 'whine.' It doesn't matter if what people say is intelligent and it certainly doesn't matter if we all agree with what or how they chose to say it. All that really matters is that we allow them to say it and don't try to exile or ban them. Other thoughts?
jmvrett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2002, 03:34 AM   #36
Vestril
The Man

Just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should. Also, I'm not sure where this site is hosted, people from all around the world seem to post on it, so the first amendment may not apply in the country in which it's hosted.

Also, since this is...well I guess you would call it private property, the people that own it have the right to throw you out if you're disruptive (if you walk into a store and tell the owner that he or she is a piece of S***, they have the right to throw you out--the same applies here).

Old 06-04-2002, 12:33 PM   #37
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Scuse me, I'm still laughing at the ban proposals ROTFLMAO!!!!!

1. I kill you.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:25 PM   #38
coldsun22

i have played jk2 many of times and I try to use all three styles of lightsaber combat. Even though a lot of people have used the strong style to get one hit kills, I have easily found ways around it. So all you complainers, just quit your whining!
coldsun22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2002, 01:34 AM   #39
Raven_Xwing

lol, coldsum my thoughts exactly!
Raven_Xwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2002, 03:54 AM   #40
Boreas

If I order an expensive soup from a good place, and it turns out to be crap... then a few minutes later the chef comes and spits in it; I can whinge all I ****ing like.
Boreas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > quit whining