lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Has anyone ever seen this player...?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-03-2002, 01:56 AM   #1
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Has anyone ever seen this player...?

Anyone seen a player by the name of ZeroSaber or something like that? Someone from my school is supposed to be using that name, but I can never find him on the servers he says he plays on or in a player search...

Soo...anyone seen him, or a name like his?

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 01:58 AM   #2
jarek

Yeah, he was in that place where you put that thing that time.

Last edited by jarek; 06-03-2002 at 02:16 AM.
jarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 02:05 AM   #3
Pedantic

No, I can't say I've seen him, or maybe I just don't remember.
Pedantic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 02:10 AM   #4
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

You know, when I posted this thread I was hoping for people to be helpful, not be jackasses.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:12 AM   #5
Con. Snake

You shouldn't expect help in this forum. I'll see if I can help you find him.
Con. Snake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 02:20 AM   #6
jarek

Emon,

Ok fine, Get your list of servers (hit refresh). Click the 'find player' button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Type your buddy's name in the box. Click Search. *tada* If hes online, he will show up.
jarek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 05:53 PM   #7
InnerPeace

You say he's from your school? So wouldn't it be easier if you just looked around at school asking who plays JK2, other than that use the site 2 posts above it'll help for sure.

If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't then it never was...
DMX
InnerPeace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2002, 07:47 PM   #8
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

1. ZeroSaber is the name he gave be about a week ago, but I can't find him online when he said he would be, and at school I haven't seen him...

2. Also, darth dragon, you are such an ass hole. You're the kind of scum that make this place miserable.

Old 06-04-2002, 02:53 PM   #9
Evil_Gloop

Getting a bit hot in here, calm down people.

Lets launch an international search for this player, I'll inform the missing persons lists, you people start a thread to see if he actually exists.

We'll find him eventually Emon, don't worry.
Evil_Gloop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2002, 02:54 PM   #10
Robbiesan

lol
Robbiesan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2002, 04:13 PM   #11
QuantumMechanic

Try using a program called All-Seeing-Eye it will let you find players that are currently playing as well as the last time they played. Maybe he has a pattern of going to the same server all the time.......
QuantumMechanic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2002, 07:26 AM   #12
Bluezman

Well, usually my credo is "there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers".

But in this case - sorry Emon, no offense - I don't see the point in this question.

1st thing: If you perform a player search, you need to know the players exact name. If you don't, you're in trouble. The guy's name could be ZeroSaber, zerosaber, zero saber, serosaber, SeroSaber, ZEROSABER, ZERO_SABER, ZERO-SABER... you get the picture? (By the way, serious question, can you use wildcards in the player search?)

2nd thing: What if someone saw him? What's the point!?! "Yeah, I saw that guy, his name was like zerosaber and he was on that...um.... FFA server." ???? And now what??! You think, anyone remembers the ip address of that server? And if so, you think the guy is still there? What do you want to do, sit in the server and wait for him?!

3rd thing: If you know the guy from school, it is probably really easier to find a guy you know, you probably know the (real) name of, you know what he looks like, you know the area he lives in etc., than finding a 3D avatar, whose name can be changed upon starting the game every time (maybe his name is R2D2 by now!), whose looks can be changed by choosing another skin etc., don't you agree?

Emon: I don't mean to "insult your intelligence" or be a jackass or whatever, in fact this interested me why someone would post such a question. That is the reason why I answered.

To me it still seems like "hey I can't find that one book I read last month, the title is something like bla bla I think I left it on the table in the living room. Has anyone seen it?"

Duh.
Bluezman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2002, 12:03 PM   #13
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
If you perform a player search, you need to know the players exact name. If you don't, you're in trouble. The guy's name could be ZeroSaber, zerosaber, zero saber, serosaber, SeroSaber, ZEROSABER, ZERO_SABER, ZERO-SABER... you get the picture? (By the way, serious question, can you use wildcards in the player search?)
I've had luck in just putting in a portion of the player name... for instance "ero" would have returned all of the above.

But since this thread is going.. and there are so many helpful people... I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find that website I was on the other day... it started with "wwww" something and ended with "net." If anybody runs across it, BOOKMARK IT and let me know!

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #14
digl
Reborn

I cleaned this thread up.

Co-founder of the ABSL - Anti Batsaber League
digl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 12:09 AM   #15
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
Quote:
Originally posted by digl
I cleaned this thread up.

We noticed.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 12:57 AM   #16
SPY_jmr1
The Quiet, but Deadly One

heh, wondered about that digl... saw the title, and thought "this clown made another thread about the same thing??? cant be the same one, its got less replys. gee who would of thought people would answer with the same dumb reply- HEY! WAIT A SEC!"

jokes on me

oh yeah, why not try "qtracker" its freeware, and has a playertracker built in... seems to work good, but I like the features on ASE better...

SPY_jmr1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 01:36 AM   #17
gonk-raider

I found a picture of his friend

Get your hands off me,you damned dirty gonks
gonk-raider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 11:30 AM   #18
Russk Rijann

LMAO!

"That which does not kill you, will make you wish it had!"
Russk Rijann is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 02:17 PM   #19
Longshanks

Good news........maybe!

Emon

I came across a player of this name only yesterday.I have sent you the details in a private message.Though with the huge amount of people who play this game the chances of it actualy being your mate are fairly slim.

Good luck!
Longshanks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Has anyone ever seen this player...?