lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-12-2003, 05:33 AM   #881
Side
Banned

hes not talkin bout duel dude...it a freakin scripting post not ''how script suck for duel''

and hes talkin bout 1.3 not 1.4 nf bull****
Side is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2003, 02:20 AM   #882
Side
Banned

Prophet god dude...instead of posting bout evry1 is a noob just take a look at what ur saying,
ur kick,bs,airbs,and watever
u dont freakin script a move with vstr commands ffs
just take the backstab script ...
/bind x "+back;+attack"
instead of ur fat ass commands
oh god the kick ur kick script ...i wont even bother posting the script
Old 09-07-2003, 10:31 AM   #883
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

Everybody relax, don't fight (save the fighting for in the game!).

; )

This thread is about providing info on how to use scripts. Most people agree that scripts alone are no substitute for skill and practice, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about them!

Carry on...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #884
ToppDog

Yeah Prophet, you're about 2 years late with that comment, LOL.

Most of the people here don't believe in scripting any moves other than the specials with directions straight from the game manual, & our posting here about them has resulted in patches fixing most of the abuses that resulted from them.

You've obviously got some serious catching up to do in this thread before any comments like that will hold any merit.

{BSoV}ToppDog{SC}
ToppDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2003, 10:47 PM   #885
gatsu002
Lurker

Best kick script ever?

Ok im a fan of kicks on jedi knight 2 , i normaly play on servers that have jedimod or omnimod , and where i can find good kickers.

But one of this days i noticed that people is doing 60 dmg + every kick , some players say that his bind is :
"+moveup; wait 2; -moveup" X4
And other say its something like dfa bind + emote
others say that replace the waits with emotes and lot more say the best is "+moveup; wait 2; -moveup" x2

ok i tested the first and the final one , but i want know if its possible change the waits for emoticons on jedimod , personally i tested all the ways i know , im not a good scripter but i found something funny with it , only works if u dont have lag but if anyone want test :

"+moveup; +forward; wait 2; flip; -moveup; -forward" try it on a wall and ull see u up it really quickly ( only works on jedimod and with low low low ping)

OK but the question still the same , anyone know any good kick script ? or anyone know a way to change waits for emotes????

Thx u all.
gatsu002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2003, 02:40 PM   #886
DarkangelFOG
Rookie

Scripts: Cheating, or not?
Really depends on how you look at it.

It is pretty neat that you can pull off some moves with just the push of a button. I've thought about this a lot, and I'm still trying to figure out if it is cheating, or not. Sure, it's a easier way to play the game. But, as soon as you start messing with the yaw speed, and making rotations faster than humanly possible, that's where I draw the line. I've got no problem with people using a script to pull of a lunge attack, as long as they don't spam it. That makes the game boring, and annoying to be honest.

On the other hand. If Raven intended for players to use scripts , wouldn't they have included it in the books that game with the games? Wouldn't they have made all the specials one button moves by default?

Script if you like, but I would rather play a challenging game than play a game of pick a button to push. Hence why Diablo got annoying for me.

It's great you guys are learning this stuff, it could be useful one day...For what I don't really know. lol.
DarkangelFOG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2003, 02:16 AM   #887
Xeavor
Lurker

any interesting scripts for jka yet? i know the moves are still the same somewhat, but i'm sure there are some that perhaps i haven't thought of. let us combine our script findings here for jka.

oh yeah, one other things, is there any way whatso ever to use some of the sp moves? such as kyles? or as when you change setsaberall 10 and get all the stances? that'ed be cool for mp play. anyway?
Xeavor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #888
young Obi-Wan

1. yeah, wait; wait = wait2
2. what was the exact script for saberlocks?

young Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2003, 09:57 AM   #889
Side
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkangelFOG
Scripts: Cheating, or not?
Really depends on how you look at it.

It is pretty neat that you can pull off some moves with just the push of a button. I've thought about this a lot, and I'm still trying to figure out if it is cheating, or not. Sure, it's a easier way to play the game. But, as soon as you start messing with the yaw speed, and making rotations faster than humanly possible, that's where I draw the line. I've got no problem with people using a script to pull of a lunge attack, as long as they don't spam it. That makes the game boring, and annoying to be honest.
Well i seriously dont mind kick script,or any move script
the closest "cheat script" would be ener/heal script
just get 3 guy 2 ener and 1 team heal=god(back in JO)
team heal heal so fast and the healer had infinite force,a dfa didnt even kill them even with rage on
Quote:
Originally posted by gatsu002
Ok im a fan of kicks on jedi knight 2 , i normaly play on servers that have jedimod or omnimod , and where i can find good kickers.

But one of this days i noticed that people is doing 60 dmg + every kick , some players say that his bind is :
"+moveup; wait 2; -moveup" X4
And other say its something like dfa bind + emote
others say that replace the waits with emotes and lot more say the best is "+moveup; wait 2; -moveup" x2

ok i tested the first and the final one , but i want know if its possible change the waits for emoticons on jedimod , personally i tested all the ways i know , im not a good scripter but i found something funny with it , only works if u dont have lag but if anyone want test :

"+moveup; +forward; wait 2; flip; -moveup; -forward" try it on a wall and ull see u up it really quickly ( only works on jedimod and with low low low ping)

OK but the question still the same , anyone know any good kick script ? or anyone know a way to change waits for emotes????

Thx u all.
Erm...sorry dude but script kick is the same as double taping jump+forward...it cant deal more dmg just cuz it scripted
Old 10-12-2003, 12:26 PM   #890
zyphr
Lurker

Hey
(This is my first post yay!)

Anyway, is it possible to make a script to change the keyboard buttons?
You see, I like to use one setup for light side and one for dark side, and it's getting quite boring to change all the buttons every time...
zyphr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 03:31 PM   #891
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
I think that one was actually in one of the early to mid pages... but I can understand your not wanting to wade through every page!

It would be nice if some admin or mod would take some time to trim or prune the thread so only the scripting information was available..

What you want to do is set up a couple of keys so that they are bound to two different force configurations (or as many variations as you want). The simplest way that I've found is to have the autoexec load your main config file. Within that one, bind a key to light.cfg and one to dark.cfg.

Set up each of these configs with lines like:

bind x "force_heal"
bind x "force_absorb"
bind x "force_speed"

etc.

Do the same with dark forces.

I actually put an unbind line for each of these in the beginning of each cfg, for instance unbind x "force_heal" then bind x "force_grip"

You can get creative and put a model change in as well.... this might even be a good idea, since it is possible (I've done it) to accidently hit the key for force change and then not realize it when you respawn. The different model will clue you in

Don't forget... you have to respawn (die) in order for the changes to take effect.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2003, 03:35 PM   #892
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
The demo creation script that I had for JK2 works well with Jedi Academy... nothing seems to be affected by the difference in the game....

I was wondering if anyone has noted other syntax differences when using script commands?

My toggle hudfiles bind still works fine, as do some others....

Maybe there are some subtle differences? How about when using "+" and "-" signs associated with movement? Are these still the same?

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2003, 04:13 PM   #893
Saucepan
Lurker

*sigh* It's really sad. That we continue to say the same crap years and years at a time. I remember when I was 13...playing games...and hearing the same insults in games that I hear now. It never ends lol. Now I'm 21 and don't give a care. I play JKA for fun, I don't care about my score...nor do I care whether you play with scripts or not. It's all in fun. Scripting is the "next" level. I think it's pure genius what people come up with.

I've beaten people using helicopter scripts, I've beaten people with no script usage as well. I've lost to the very same. It doesn't matter which way you play the game...everything can be countered. (at least I've found everything can be countered), the biggest problem I have is with the extreme amount of foul language usage...geeze. A person was not killed in a car accident, your model just was sabered...WHO CARES...all you gotta do is press the attack button to respawn. You can't respawn in real life (if you aren't buddist :P ), and I think we should worry a little more about real life, and just use gaming as an outlet for relieving stress (I know I do)

I have found that the people who MADE the scripts to be very competent players in their own right.

If I may post a quick story: I had finally begun to own everybody at FPS, including my friend who taught me how to play FPS (this was a long time ago). He began to get schooled on his favorite mp game Quake II ....he had come up with a new idea. He created a Speed up grenade velocity/slow down velocity script, and he bound it to two keys. I was hiding up in a tower and he shot a grenade (from his G-launcher) up to where I was hiding....all of a sudden, he slowed down the velocity...and the grenade froze, spinning....blew up right in my face.

Instead of getting pissed off...I cracked up...that's a really ingenious move he made there :P
Saucepan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #894
Khnemu
Lurker

i doubt anyone still checks this thread out, but it's worth a shot.

does anyone know how to stop a script in the middle? or if it's even possible.
Khnemu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2003, 07:12 AM   #895
Gotaiken
Rookie

combo script???

is it possible to script a combo???
Gotaiken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #896
JDKnite188

Scripts :)

Scripts are good stuff. I use them primarily for better communication in team game modes such as Siege and CTF.

Cheers,
JDKnite188

Hopin' LEC is going to get on track and bring us a decent JK for the JKers of 1997.
JDKnite188 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #897
DarthBacon
Lurker

hi @ all,
what do you think of this little zoomscript:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//zoom script made by
// DARTH BACON

//zooms
set z1 "cg_fov 60 ; set nxtzoom vstr z2"
set z2 "cg_fov 80 ; set nxtzoom vstr z1"

//starting point
set nxtzoom "vstr z1"

//make sure that the starting point is right
vstr z2

//binds
bind t " vstr nxtzoom ;play sound/interface/zoomloop.wav"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

this script isnt like the others you can zoom in and out with one key. Besides, you can zoom in and out very quickly because there are only 2 zooms. I think this script is like right-mouse-click in battlefield 1942. You can also change the cg_fov 60 to whatever you like, e.g. for a huge outdoormap to 40 or less

tell me your opinion!!

DB
DarthBacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #898
[UF]Picolo
Rookie

Im kinda new to this game, so i dont use any script.I just use script for spin:

Code:
set spinmove "vstr spin"
set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"
set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind l "vstr spinmove"

Sof1 :: KaMi[.uF]
Yu Team :: //KaMi
Jk2 :: [UF]PiColo
[UF]Picolo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 AM   #899
keebler

army script

I have been trying to find a way to write a script that would spawn 10 stormtroopers at the same time. Reason behind this is i have my own server and we like to play with idiots once in a while instead of kick them. this is my way of keeping them too busy to do somthing stupid while we sit and watch them. any case i have tried the simple stuff:
npc spawn stormtrooper
npc spawn stormtrooper
npc spawn stormtrooper
npc spawn stormtrooper

and
npc spawn stormtrooper
wait
npc spawn stormtrooper
wait
npc spawn stormtrooper
wait
npc spawn stormtrooper

but, all it will do is spawn 1 trooper. is there any way of acomplishing this task?? now this is for jedi academy not jk2, not that it would matter much. thanx
keebler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2004, 04:36 PM   #900
Ziechel

hm i need a config to win saber locks autmatic

The one i created doesnt work:

bind "c" "+attack; wait 1; -attack; +attack; wait 1; -attack; +attack; wait 1; -attack; +attack; wait 1; -attack; +attack; wait 1; -attack; +attack; wait 1; -attack; +attack"

plz help me guys
Ziechel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2004, 12:36 PM   #901
AxWolF
Banned

that would be nice =)

i duno about this, but shouldnt your script end in -attack instead of +attack? tyr removing the last +attack
AxWolF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #902
hgwall44
Rookie

scripts

ok i was wondering if someone could create a script that would allow you to bind your style with the hilt of your choice. If anyone could help me out with this that would be cool.

Also a script to spawn npcs and only attack a certain person on the server. To teach the a lesson of course. ALso this could be used for some training

{JASA}Forum
Walsfer
hgwall44 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2004, 06:14 AM   #903
A Jedi
Banned

The purpose of the binds are to simplify actions do them fast.

A hilt and saber style bind would be absolutely useless, since u have to die to change hilts and changing to staff/single/dual.

To spawn npcs, its just: bind x npc spawn whatever

And a script to atack just one player in the map? hope its a joke, cause thats not even posible.
A Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2004, 09:06 PM   #904
kusanagi

i dont recommend scripting to win a saberlock since it defeats the whole point of it but u can just bind a key with +attack, dont dont bother with -attack;. Im sure sum1 else has posted this a long time ago but u can just bind the primary attack to the mouse scroll and scroll like crazy when u get into a saberlock.

ps i fink ur script dont work coz u didn't place wait between -attack and +attack;, which would tell the game to run those two command at the exact same time thus cancelling each other out

- "w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!"

- Actually, the word woot is much older than EQ or 80s hacker lingo. It is a middle english word meaning "know" or "knew."

"Verrily, Sir Nag. I woot his uncle, Barnabas."

- UrbanDictionary.com
kusanagi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2004, 11:13 PM   #905
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Originally posted by kusanagi
ps i fink ur script dont work coz u didn't place wait between -attack and +attack;, which would tell the game to run those two command at the exact same time thus cancelling each other out
I think that the scripts run one command after another, and nothing can 'cancel each other out'...at least not at the same time.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2004, 11:48 AM   #906
casshern
Lurker

I have two small questions concerning scripting,

First one,

Is there a way to kick someone when your aimed at that person? I have looked true most of the commands but I didnít get it to work.

There must be some sort of process to identify that a target is selected and use that to insert his name (or maybe client nr) in a kick scrip.

Second question,

I seen someone do this before, moving someone to spectator mode using a rcon command. I know thatís not a real scripting question but i guess if anyone knows the command for that its a scripter

Never mind the 2e one found it:

rcon forceteam spectator

still looking for question one tho
Thank you in advance

Last edited by casshern; 07-11-2004 at 05:10 PM.
casshern is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 PM   #907
fatrix2001
Rookie

Can someone post few combo binds? ( for saber staff )
It is really hard to find what i need if every one asks different things on 23 pages....
Thx in advance...
fatrix2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 04:53 PM   #908
TK-425
Forumite

can somone tell me how to add the disruptor shader to the zoom
script

TK-425 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 05:55 AM   #909
Lightning

What does "recursive error after: MAX_CVARS" mean?
Lightning is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #910
Samuel Dravis

Lightning: Have you been spawning a lot of NPCs?

fatrix: Combos are easy to write, but it's usually not necessary (or even good) to use scripted combos. They can get you killed very easily. For example, here is a script that will make you do a kata:

bind x "+attack; +altattack; -attack; -altattack;"

You will not be able to do anything else while the scripts are running - therefore if your oppenents are good without scripts, they will kill you every single time.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2004, 07:18 AM   #911
Lightning

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Lightning: Have you been spawning a lot of NPCs?
No i'm trying to make a really long script.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 AM   #912
Lightning

So any ideas on how to not get the error?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #913
aburges
Lurker

As some of my scripting, I am implamenting a force power tree to allow me to access my freequently used force power setups and models quickly (Will post code for tree infastructure and instructions to add more upon request). The tree navigation works perfectly and the leaf runs a *.cfg file with something like the folowing:

seta forcepowers "7-1-332320000330002330"
seta model "jedi_kdm/head_c1|torso_a1|lower_d1"
seta char_color_blue "14"
seta char_color_green "199"
seta char_color_red "254"
seta saber1 "dual_4"
seta color2 "2"
seta color1 "2"

Everything but my forcepowers change when I execute this even after death. Am I changing the force powers the wrong way (top line) or something. If I am, please post the correct way to change force powers in console.

Guns don't kill people: I do.
aburges is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #914
hamed
Lurker

Cool Guy Better later...

Aburges, I think you need to add " forcechanged " after the force numbers. How about something like this:

set LightJedi " forcepowers 7-1-332320000330002330; forcechanged; char_color_blue 14; char_color_green 199; char_color_red 254; saber1 dual_4; color2 2; color1 2;"

bind f9 vstr LightJedi

Like this you can bind 3 or 4 diferent profiles, and note that you dont need to use """""" in the values.

Dont forget that the first value represents that you are a jedi master, 6 would be a Kight, etc. If the server isnt set to Master I'm not sure it will change at all.

Hope this helps
hamed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #915
Krispos
Lurker

Hi. I had similar problem with forces, but it seemed they were changed, but they weren't seen in menu (sry for my english).

Is there any posibility to bind Voice Chat order? I know only how to open menu.
Krispos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #916
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
normally if you mess up the forcepowers command, it kicks you to spec and forces you to change your force powers.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #917
hamed
Lurker

Unhappy

Binding the Voice Chat would use almost half the keyboard, there are at least 30 voice commands, I dont think that would be very usefull.
hamed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #918
Krispos
Lurker

I do not intend to use them all. For me it's better to have them bind with a key (I won't worry about stucking with console above model). Anyway I found them:
http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/voicechat.shtml
Krispos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #919
killer06
Lurker

please help im sorry

guys im sorry this is no script anyone no how to spawn things on ds mod things like bacta canisters rockets health packs etc i seen admins do it and i wanna no for my mod ?
killer06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #920
visiat
Lurker

ULTIMATE SCRIPT PACK:

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/JodePotatos;69168

visiat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)