lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Yuzhan Vong
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-03-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
DJS

Yuzhan Vong

I think that any expansion pack made should include the vong.
Unlike the other civs being thrown aroung like the mon cals and sullustians the vong have been give in the NJO books a whole tech tree and have been established as very differant to the over cultures.

Vong bunus colud be: can detect stealth jedi
strong vs jedi
self regenerating body armour

To offset these big advantages the vong would recieve no Jedi unit and no bounty hunter unit.

There are already a fair amount of Vong hero units for camaigns. these include warmaster tsalong vah and the executor nom amor.

The vong unique unit can be a amphistaff weilding warrior with both a short range and long range attack.

the corralskipper can be incorparated into the design as their fighter craft and other analogs can be used for extra buidings

Any other suggestions?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2001, 08:31 PM   #2
Captain Fett

Location: Nomadic, but own a private getaway on ***** (If I told you, I'd have to kill you!)
yeah, don't put the stinkin vong in the game! The vong are a grotesgue dispaly of evil and villany and should never ever ever be in GB!!!!!!!!!

PS. Trandoshans should be in the x-pak, it would not be that hard to develop a tech tree for them

By the way its YuUzhan Vong

"Running from a Fett only prolongs the inevitable!"
Captain Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2001, 08:40 PM   #3
Compa_Mighty
The Ancient Forum Sage

I had given similar suggestions for the Vong x-pack. But then I realized they aren't that good for an x-pack. Though they should appear in BG 2, a just Expanded Universe game.

Mon Cal and Trandos should be in the x-pack.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Forum Record: Longest term without changing avatar Breaking my own record as you read.
Compa_Mighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2001, 08:45 PM   #4
Link Antilles

Exclamation

Simliar to the zerg in Star Craft.

( I will have revenge for Chewie!!!!!! )

Link Antilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2001, 09:10 PM   #5
Tie Guy

I don't think they are the greatest i dae ever. There story isn't even finished yet, so they couldn't be in a game for while. Other than that though, they would make a legitemate civ, although they'd have to break some of the rules to fit them in.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:49 PM   #6
Kavam1

Well one of the best reasons for LucasArts to put in the Vong would be will be a great selling point for there books but a Vong foot soldier has many weapons (arm staffs (2 weapons for 1 staff slash/venom, thud/razor bugs, etc) and I havenít played AOK but Iím pretty sure they donít have or donít have a good 3-4 weapons per unit (based on experience from other games) and they would need to have the Zerg interface but the Protoss style of attacking one of the better things about the Vong would be that they have a major unit pool to use from flying units to ground units so they wouldnít be like the Wookies where they had to make up a lot of the units
Old 09-03-2001, 11:19 PM   #7
Rdog22

It really wouldn't be hard for LucasArts to make them into a civ. for Example:

Priests- converts units

Slaves (Chas-Rak, Human, Alien)- standard trooper

Warriors- Counter-act Jedi

Big shell things(from Ruin- At-At

Small shell- Atst

Shamed One- Villager

Coral Skipper-Fighter

Corral Bomber- Bomber

Come to my Website!

Corellia
Welcome to Corellia!
Rdog22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2001, 02:36 AM   #8
Lord JayVizIon
Lord Jor El

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Fett

PS. Trandoshans should be in the x-pak, it would not be that hard to develop a tech tree for them

By the way its YuUzhan Vong
i don't know if you know this, but the trandoshans are in the last campaign where wookie and his dad, katvichuk or whatever his name is, liberate their wookie homeworld. i'm not sure if they are playable in the scenario editor, but i can ask that to gaber...

"He who carves himself to suit everyone whittles himself away...

Niners are back!
Niners in 2003!!!
Lord JayVizIon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2001, 09:35 AM   #9
Paladin

The Vong are creepy and weird but good enough to be in an expansion pack. Along with Trandos and the zabraks.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Yuzhan Vong