lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: RoQ-Compiler?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-24-2002, 06:08 AM   #1
Reggie

Question RoQ-Compiler?

Did anybody know where I can get the RoQ-Compiler to make Cinematics for JK2?
Reggie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 09:39 AM   #2
RichDiesal
Pointfile of DOOM

ROQs are not used for rendered cinematics - they are only for fully prerendered cinematic video, such as the opening credits of the SP game and a few shots of flying through Bespin, as I remember.

If you want in-game cinematics, though, you need to use BehavEd to script them in the ICARUS2 scripting language.

Both the ROQ compiler and BEHAVED are in the JK2 tools... can't remember if they're in package 1 or 2, though.

You can get both on my Radiant tutorial website under the "Tools You Need."

There are three things that I paricularly hate: kids, animals, and women with attitudes.

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com - Map Showcase and Tutorials!
RichDiesal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 12:10 PM   #3
volrathxp

Quote:
Originally posted by RichDiesal
ROQs are not used for rendered cinematics - they are only for fully prerendered cinematic video, such as the opening credits of the SP game and a few shots of flying through Bespin, as I remember.

If you want in-game cinematics, though, you need to use BehavEd to script them in the ICARUS2 scripting language.

Both the ROQ compiler and BEHAVED are in the JK2 tools... can't remember if they're in package 1 or 2, though.

both are in package 2. for some reason they included a readme about the roq compiler in package 1 but forgot to include the actual program.

She left ya now she's back stickin out her rack
She's got ya runnin down the wrong track
Can't wait to see her face when I'm in her place
and I'm tryin to get ya in the sack

The Donnas - Too Bad About Your Girl
volrathxp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Quote:
Originally posted by RichDiesal

Actually, the title scroll is actually done with an ingame method, I think. I think it just scrolls a brush across the screen, because you can edit the JPEG. Also, you can tell from the way it mip-maps.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
Reggie

THX!

I need it to make fully prerendert cinematics! I want to make an new Intro with it!
Reggie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 12:33 AM   #6
The_One
The Dude Abides

Actually the opening titles are an roq file - look in assets0.pk3 you'll see it there. And the jpeg you speak of is actually a TGA file that's used as a shader, it's called something like "eng_tc.tga".

So if you're going to re-do the opening crawl/titles then you'll need to make and compile a new roq file...

Unless I'm wrong and you can reveal the location of this jpg you speak of
The_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > RoQ-Compiler?