lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 1.03 and SP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-30-2002, 11:57 AM   #1
mythren

1.03 and SP

Ermm...is it just me, or does the Jan Ors model screw up a TON when using 1.03 in SP mode?

Also, lots of specific graphics (the flames coming out of the pipes near the beginning of the game, that give you the hint that that long passage is gunna explode) don't show up as well...

Any ways to fix these? Or do I just reinstall and don't use the patch to play SP?

"To see a world in a grain of sand, a heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in the hour."
mythren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2002, 01:49 AM   #2
GE Predator

If ya ever want to play SP properly again, uninstall the patch.

1.03 ****ed up soooooooo much stuff in SP and for some reason made the game even harder on my system (lower framerates).

In the Doomgiver level (with the patch) textures on those mech droids were missing, some of the lights were strobing through the spectrum, the sound is horrible (throughout the whole game). Like if ya swing your saber, the vvvvvvvvom sound happens like a second too late, so it sounds totally retarded. Sometimes ya can even make the sound of the saber touching a wall dissapear. AND, if ya do the light lunge, the saber makes a THWACK sound. Like WTF? It's not a stick...... oh wait, in 1.03 it is.

Plus all kindsa other crap.

And to top it off. Sometimes the game won't even START. It gives you this

path name c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base\levelshots is too long error in the console. EVEN IF THE DIRECTORY DOESN'T EXIST! It happened to both me and one of my clan mates. And both our comps are WELL over the sys requirements to play JO

Mine being a 1.4ghz with a geforce3 ti 200, 256 megs of ram and soundblaster live, his a 2.0ghz, geforce3 ti 500, 1 gig of ram and soundblaster uhhh...... can't remember lol.
GE Predator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2002, 02:21 AM   #3
Agen
The Spoon Guy

I get Great frames and it seems to work exactly the same on mine.
I've heard alot abotu the too long name error, but i've never had it

My specs -
1.4 ghz
256mb ram
ATI Radeon 8500
30gb (hd space which has absolutely nothing to do with performance)
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2002, 02:34 AM   #4
teleguy

Re: 1.03 and SP

Quote:
Originally posted by mythren
Ermm...is it just me, or does the Jan Ors model screw up a TON when using 1.03 in SP mode?

Also, lots of specific graphics (the flames coming out of the pipes near the beginning of the game, that give you the hint that that long passage is gunna explode) don't show up as well...

Any ways to fix these? Or do I just reinstall and don't use the patch to play SP?
I had the same problem.
http://home.t-online.de/home/teleguy/shot0035.jpg
Its caused by the 1.02 savegames. If you start a new game everything will be ok. ( I was just in the first level so restarting didn't hurt that much. )
Quote:
And to top it off. Sometimes the game won't even START. It gives you this

path name c:\program files\lucasarts\star wars jk ii jedi outcast\gamedata\base\levelshots is too long error in the console. EVEN IF THE DIRECTORY DOESN'T EXIST!
Does the full error message say
ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(Program Files/LucasArts/Star
Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/levelshots/) = 78)
teleguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2002, 03:45 AM   #5
GE Predator

yup, that's the one. Once I got it, it stayed like that forever. I had to reinstall. Even after restarting windows and trying again, the same error came.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:54 AM   #6
teleguy

That's caused by a map, reactor.pk3 .
teleguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2002, 04:37 AM   #7
GE Predator

Weird. I never had that map though. Hell, I've never even heard of it.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:12 PM   #8
mythren

Alright, thanks...I'll just start a new game .

And, oddly enough Agen - those are my specs too, almost exactly, except my Radeon is the All in Wonder 8500 .

"To see a world in a grain of sand, a heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in the hour."
mythren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > 1.03 and SP