lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Yavin IV (General Strategy)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2000, 05:41 AM   #1
paulbarnard

Post Yavin IV (General Strategy)

Any one have a general strategy for Yavin IV?

Most of my problems come in getting Veers to the secure field, but a more general tips would be appreciated...

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2000, 02:01 PM   #2
Admiral Rijnja

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by paulbarnard:
Any one have a general strategy for Yavin IV?

Most of my problems come in getting Veers to the secure field, but a more general tips would be appreciated...

Before you attack the enemy base, build an airfield with 10 fighters in it. Then attack the base with your ground troops, when Veers arrives, send your fighters to him and replace one when you lose it. Then make sure you crush the rebel base(Make 8 AT-ST's and 4 AT-PT's and attack, repeat this untill the enemy base is destroyed) . After you have crushed the rebel base you can send your ground troops to Veers and then walk to the landing place.
Old 06-27-2000, 05:04 PM   #3
TerrorMaroon

Hmm...I've never had to actually get troops to Colonel Veers. I cleared out all Rebel forces all the way to the landing area and let Veers walk there.
Old 06-29-2000, 03:28 AM   #4
paulbarnard

thanks for the tips.

just got through it today.

I used fighters to kill all the ground troops along the path to veers. Moved up mobile artillery to the clearing, opened up with the. Advanced At-Pt's with a probe droid to let them see further, and blasted the base to bits. Then sent a single AT-St to get veers and to the landing site (using fighters to clear again). Then kept advancing my artillery with at-st's now to destroy the base.

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Star Wars RTS Central > Yavin IV (General Strategy)