lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Game Help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-10-2002, 01:56 AM   #1
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Game Help

Okay, so today i bought 'Thief' (yes old, but i heard it was good) and so i install it with no problems, and then i go to play it. i get through all of the main menu's and videos play as normal. i'm about to go into training and i click continue, then the screen goes blank for a while with sounds still playing in teh backround. an alert comes up on my screen, but i can't see it becasue the screen is still blank (although after doing something, i was able to see it, it says something about my Direct3D Drivers or something) and then when i click ok (or just press enter) it stays blank for a few seconds, and then quits the program. what should i do? it's not copied or anything, i bought it from a leagal game dealer, it came with DirectX6, but i already have DirecX8 and it also came with some Voodoo stuff. i still don't know what to do. someone help please

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2002, 02:45 AM   #2
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
DX8 is not very compatible with DX6 games as I learned from Heavy Gear 2, as I said ok to installing DX6 restart my computer, it says I need to instal DX6 and restart again, it's a vicious cycle.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2002, 04:25 PM   #3
Deadmeat_X

Do you have windows XP? If you do, that might be the problem, cause XP doesn't support all old games. I have both XP and 98, and I still have to go to 98 to play RollerCoaster Tycoon

Congratulations, you just survived another sig!
Deadmeat_X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2002, 06:01 PM   #4
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
yes, i do have XP and this is not the first time it has caused a problem with a game.

Old 07-12-2002, 01:40 AM   #5
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
okay, you can just forget it now. i got so pissed off with the game that i went back to the shop and got a refund (nice shop, they'll give you a refund on a game considering there's nothing wrong with the game disc, even if you say you just don't like the game). and that's not the first time i had to do that since we got win XP, but i think with that game, it was primarily a driver situation in the case that io didn't have the correct driver. never mind. with the refund money i did something boring and bought a book for the sheer delight of the fact that the only recommended requirments a book has is that you can read and it's in a readable language to you.

Old 07-12-2002, 02:13 AM   #6
Zindell
Insert Custom Title Here

Where is this shop I must go there. I'm tired of the NO REFUNDS!!!!

I will not fear, fear is the mind killer.
Zindell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 12:44 AM   #7
Joshi
Registered Amuser

LFN Staff Member 
Game, you may not have it in canada, i'm not sure if it's international, but it's all over england and pretty big. just bought another game from them, haven't tried it yet, but i'm sure it will work (hopefully)

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > Random Fun > Ye Olde Harbour > Game Help