lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OMG! WTF!? I'm not l337 anymore!?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-13-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Post OMG! WTF!? I'm not l337 anymore!?

SHOCK-HORROR!!!

I inst4lled 1.04 and *everything* chang3d! OMFG!!

Let me share my eXperience:

I started of carefully with a DFA, almost hitting the duelers. I see them attacking me... "foolish n00bs!", I thought, they'll end up sliced 'n diced once I get out of this DFA and start spinning like a hurricane thanks to my H4X0r-skillz!

But WTF?!!? I see no spinning and end up with 20 health left just to be kicked to death by the other lamer! OMG-OMFG!!

I decide to teach the kick-whore a lesson, cause he really deserved it...what an arrogant SOB, kept saying "whatever" when I explained to him what a wh0re he was...this could not go unpunished!

So I had all my l337 binds and scripts ready..waiting for him to make one fatal mistake. Naturally that did not take long, since he was clearly a n00b. Yes, the dimwitted lamer stepped on the bridge, exactly what I'd been waiting for!

"He's as good as dead" I though, when I stepped on the other end of the bridge (right after getting the big shield and the bacta from the ledge behind me) welcoming him to his doom.

I gave the fool one last look, letting him know how I despised his lame tactics...clearly paralysing him with Ph34r!

One swift turn later I was in position. "Ph34r My l337 Skillz! PHEAR ME N00B! UR OWnT", I taunted him using one of my endless binds thus confusing and scaring him to the brink of insanity.

He had no chance now - I started moving backwards, hitting the floor with my saber in case the newbie was dumb enough to attack me.

I quickly estimated my position (the lenght of the bridge minus the distance I had back-pedaled) and knew I was close. Just to show my superiority, I decided to execute the fying, absurdly spinning backsweep and cut him into n00b-ribbons.

Ahhh...yes, I see the animation begin....but wait! WTF!!?! OMG OMG OMG! The n3wB is just calmly standing there, cutting me in half with one overhead chop!?!

What the hell is this?!! I saw the friggin' animation start! I'm supposed to get the frag whenever it does that!! What the h3ll!?!

So I type him a a few well thought out messages and almost manage to DFA him while he answers yet again "whatever..". Damn lucky n00b!

One look at the score board tells me something is *definetly* wrong with this patch! "No matter, I'll rack up some frags and show them who's boss", I thought and headed for the area where a dozen lesser-skilled players were sabering. I jump in the middle of the crowd and expose my elite skills once again by executing a backsweep.

NO FRAGS!?!?! NO OWNAGE?!? WTF!?!

I decide to try it a few more times 'cause..you know...sometimes the lag makes me miss.

After 10 more sweep-attempts I'm down to -3.

WHAT THE HELL WAS RAVEN THINKING!! They sucked out all the fun and skill and made this game a n00b-paradise!! OMG! I can't pwN anyone anymore!! You FIX this R4ven you fix this now! It was wwwwwaaaaaayyyyy better B4, this suxxorzx! Revert to 1.03, but without the DFA nerfing! OMG this is so lame! ThispatchsuXaZZ!

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 03:54 PM   #2
thaumaturgy

LOL!!!11

Humor. It's a good thing.

thau·ma·tur·gy **
Pronunciation Key**(thôm-tûr-je) n.

The working of miracles or magic feats.
thaumaturgy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 03:59 PM   #3
Mercen4ry

Location: Hiding in a dark corner high above you, with Tenloss drawn... Marshmallows, anyone?
Question as a friendly observer: Is this thread going for sarcasm, or are you being serious? It seems like the former, IMO, but if it's the latter, I see a flame war on the horizon...

Edit: J/k; I'm tired and am having a bit of trouble with figuring out half of what anything means atm. Nice one.

Mercen4ry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #4
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Well ([AC]?) Merc...you can't really be sure about anything these days, can you..?

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:11 PM   #5
power_ed

thats just too funny dude..

Quote:
One swift turn later I was in position. "Ph34r My l337 Skillz! PHEAR ME N00B! UR OWnT", I taunted him using one of my endless binds thus confusing and scaring him to the brink of insanity.
Lol

HEY, YOU THERE!
power_ed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 04:23 PM   #6
Mercen4ry

Location: Hiding in a dark corner high above you, with Tenloss drawn... Marshmallows, anyone?
Hehe, it's 4 AM here, give me a break. If I felt more passion about half of the "1.04 sucks" threads, I would have been on the floor laughing right now.

Forgive me for my lack of interest.

And yes, I am AC Mercen4ry when I browse the JK2 ++ pubs and QS's server. Remind me where I saw you?

Old 07-13-2002, 04:44 PM   #7
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercen4ry
Hehe, it's 4 AM here, give me a break.

And yes, I am AC Mercen4ry when I browse the JK2 ++ pubs and QS's server. Remind me where I saw you?
Sure Merc..

We met brifly once at Rage And Honour. Remeber...the time when you got owned so badly that you started crying?
Well, that was me, AC Luc Solar

But seriously...we met once, but I doubt we ever got to duel.

It's 11am here now, so that might be why I don't show up on Rage and Honor that often..

Old 07-13-2002, 05:02 PM   #8
Mercen4ry

Quote:
We met brifly once at Rage And Honour. Remeber...the time when you got owned so badly that you started crying?
Nah... I just found it amusing that someone leaning on the force speed button, swinging his saber at random could manage so many kills. At the very least, 1.04 with x4 saber damage and sabertracesaberfirst 0 is going to take a little getting used to; I couldn't believe all the dead bodies.

Old 07-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #9
KnightHawk420

Your such a nOOb.... you didn't even try pull/backstab you sUx0r.
KnightHawk420 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 06:24 PM   #10
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by KnightHawk420
Your such a nOOb.... you didn't even try pull/backstab you sUx0r.
Uh, Dewd! It was a n00b-friendly no force server! I'm an Uber$killR0xorxZ when it comes to pull/backstab!!oneone!!

I got it scripted to three (count 'em: ThR33!) buttons on my Joystick. So STFU n00b!

Old 07-13-2002, 10:00 PM   #11
Keeper

Location: Somewhere out there *points to the 6th planet to the right of Jupiter*
Damn this is fun reading

You really have those number-letters down there Luc Solar
Keeper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 11:31 PM   #12
Israfel

This is the kinda guy that ends up in a career drawing current affairs comics.

Israfel
AOJ Online
Israfel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2002, 11:55 PM   #13
The oUt/<ast

Acually, Something happend to me that was kinda like that. I was on the nar shadaa streets. I always loved that place since you get to push unwary noobs to there doom. I saw one, he must have been a real noob, he had no jump ability in force. So i got close, and right before i hit the key. He pulled me. Of course, i just fell to the level far below. I just thought it was gay how overpowered the pull has gotton. Not only that, Push has gotton weaker, i use to be able to accually push down people. I got my vengence with a saber battle, he tryed a pull. didnt work that well, did knock me down, but i got up and pushed him over the edge. Then he accused me of cheating, and i was banned from that game

I wonder if alot of the worlds problems were the cause of people listening to the wrong people.

A true jedi dosent cry when he loses. He gets back up and keeps fighting.

The oUt/<ast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 12:20 AM   #14
Mercen4ry

Quote:
Originally posted by The oUt/&lt;ast
I wonder if alot of the worlds problems were the cause of people listening to the wrong people.
Yep.
That's why 1.03 came out.
That's why Bush got elected president (despite the fact you think he's a good one or not).
That's why this whole Enron domino effect started.

etc., etc., etc.

But actually, I do agree with Pull being a bit more powerful with skill than Push. Mainly, not because of the old pull-BS combo or the fact that you can take guns from unsuspecting opponents - if used properly, Pull is infinitely easier to kill someone with. Why? A little thing I call the mid-air pull, which involves leaping over your opponent and pulling a few times. If done properly, you pull him/her off of the ground and into the abyss, and the fact that you're in the air means the poor b@stard will rarely see it coming.

Keep in mind, however, this is a very advanced trick, and can also get you very dead if you can't work it. The reason I believe Push and Pull are still equally balanced gamewise is this - Push serves as a poor-man's version of the above. It's far easier to do considering, and if placed correctly can be quite funny. Furthermore, must say that Push and Pull are still just as good in 1.04 - sure, there's less of a knockdown frequency, but the fundamental uses remain the same... I can still Push or Pull people off cliffs at will, given they are usually attacking or using a force power when I do it. I can still take guns from people at will. And if I *really* want to knock someone over? I kick 'em.

Just my $.02 oUt/<ast.

Old 07-14-2002, 12:46 AM   #15
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Israfel
This is the kinda guy that ends up in a career drawing current affairs comics.
Umm...uh...I have no idea what that means BUT IF I EV3R SEE YOU ON THE BA77LEFIELD I WILL KICK U IN THE *NUTZ*!!

But seriously, folks;
I think God wanted Bush to be president so that all we Europeans could have a good laugh.

Love those Bush-jokes, love 'em!

And Merc...*shush*! Dont' share!

Old 07-14-2002, 01:12 AM   #16
StarViperPilot

To bad, no more one hit killz. Guess you'll have to learn how to duel for real.
StarViperPilot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 01:18 AM   #17
Cedrin

Mercen4ry and you prefer GORE? LOL
Cedrin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 01:52 AM   #18
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

OH! ...oh...that was a evil thing to say you...you bad, bad person you!

Tell him Merc! Go get him! He aint got no right to say that!

Old 07-14-2002, 02:01 AM   #19
Mercen4ry

Luc Solar: What am I, your guard dog now? Woof.

Bush or Gore eh? Well, both were sleazebags, IMO, but the truth is I just kept my distance from the polls this time. This sort of thing was bound to happen eventually - and I live in the swing state, so my feelings toward the whole butterfly ballot thing are a tad close to home. If I had voted, though, I would have gone for Gore or Third Party - Bush never particularly appealed to me, and even though he handled the whole WTC thing fairly well, I still don't like him as a president. Could just be me...

But just so I don't get too far OT here, I guess I will address what StarViperPilot said - Solar here is going for the sarcasm factor in the above.

Old 07-14-2002, 03:11 AM   #20
JaledDur

lol my sentiment exactly Luc
JaledDur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 04:24 AM   #21
Yoda_623
GoodFella

LOL, that was funny. When I first played 1.04 I was like WTF!?,but now I'm startin to get used to it. I think this patch was a lot harder to get used to than the 1.03 patch.

Yoda_623 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 04:35 AM   #22
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Re: OMG! WTF!? I'm not l337 anymore!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Luc Solar
SHOCK-HORROR!!!

I inst4lled 1.04 and *everything* chang3d! OMFG!!

Let me share my eXperience:

I started of carefully with a DFA, almost hitting the duelers. I see them attacking me... "foolish n00bs!", I thought, they'll end up sliced 'n diced once I get out of this DFA and start spinning like a hurricane thanks to my H4X0r-skillz!

But WTF?!!? I see no spinning and end up with 20 health left just to be kicked to death by the other lamer! OMG-OMFG!!

I decide to teach the kick-whore a lesson, cause he really deserved it...what an arrogant SOB, kept saying "whatever" when I explained to him what a wh0re he was...this could not go unpunished!

So I had all my l337 binds and scripts ready..waiting for him to make one fatal mistake. Naturally that did not take long, since he was clearly a n00b. Yes, the dimwitted lamer stepped on the bridge, exactly what I'd been waiting for!

"He's as good as dead" I though, when I stepped on the other end of the bridge (right after getting the big shield and the bacta from the ledge behind me) welcoming him to his doom.

I gave the fool one last look, letting him know how I despised his lame tactics...clearly paralysing him with Ph34r!

He had no chance now - I started moving backwards, hitting the floor with my saber in case the newbie was dumb enough to attack me.

I quickly estimated my position (the lenght of the bridge minus the distance I had back-pedaled) and knew I was close. Just to show my superiority, I decided to execute the fying, absurdly spinning backsweep and cut him into n00b-ribbons.

Ahhh...yes, I see the animation begin....but wait! WTF!!?! OMG OMG OMG! The n3wB is just calmly standing there, cutting me in half with one overhead chop!?!

What the hell is this?!! I saw the friggin' animation start! I'm supposed to get the frag whenever it does that!! What the h3ll!?!

So I type him a a few well thought out messages and almost manage to DFA him while he answers yet again "whatever..". Damn lucky n00b!

One look at the score board tells me something is *definetly* wrong with this patch! "No matter, I'll rack up some frags and show them who's boss", I thought and headed for the area where a dozen lesser-skilled players were sabering. I jump in the middle of the crowd and expose my elite skills once again by executing a backsweep.

NO FRAGS!?!?! NO OWNAGE?!? WTF!?!

I decide to try it a few more times 'cause..you know...sometimes the lag makes me miss.

After 10 more sweep-attempts I'm down to -3.

WHAT THE HELL WAS RAVEN THINKING!! They sucked out all the fun and skill and made this game a n00b-paradise!! OMG! I can't pwN anyone anymore!! You FIX this R4ven you fix this now! It was wwwwwaaaaaayyyyy better B4, this suxxorzx! Revert to 1.03, but without the DFA nerfing! OMG this is so lame! ThispatchsuXaZZ!

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 05:36 AM   #23
Jahs

A tip for you, go back to cs.

Ive actually never seen a n00b jedi...
Jahs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 07:49 AM   #24
XERXES
werd

what Kal-El said. LOL!!!

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 07:58 AM   #25
HellFyre69

yeah dude.. I can relate.. 1.04 is n00b heaven...

4 out of 5 duels servers, there has a been sum spamming with the blue stance.. I thought.. a n00b, this will be ez kill for me.. yet i lost 4 out 6 games against him!! In fact he almost win the duel, if it wasnt sum who could own the n00b!!... Man.. attacking like crazy with the blue stance aint skill.. is just... n00bish!!

It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with the lightsaber."

-Count Dooku

HellFyre69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2002, 07:21 PM   #26
power_ed

Quote:
Originally posted by HellFyre69
yeah dude.. I can relate.. 1.04 is n00b heaven...

4 out of 5 duels servers, there has a been sum spamming with the blue stance.. I thought.. a n00b, this will be ez kill for me.. yet i lost 4 out 6 games against him!! In fact he almost win the duel, if it wasnt sum who could own the n00b!!... Man.. attacking like crazy with the blue stance aint skill.. is just... n00bish!!
let me see if i get this.. if you only use one stance while dueling, your a spammish n00b?

OMFG, you only used blue stance, get some sk33l u lamer

HEY, YOU THERE!
Old 07-14-2002, 08:37 PM   #27
Keeper

Location: Somewhere out there *points to the 6th planet to the right of Jupiter*
Quote:
Originally posted by power_ed

What the hell is sk33l?
I'd say it's $k!LL$ but maybe that's just me =-)

ph34r my 1337 $k!LL$
Old 07-15-2002, 03:00 AM   #28
power_ed

Quote:
Originally posted by Keeper

What the hell is sk33l?
I'd say it's $k!LL$ but maybe that's just me =-)

ph34r my 1337 $k!LL$

lol.. u got me.. i dont usually use h4x0r so i was bound to make some mistakes.. anyways u get the idea right?

w00t!

HEY, YOU THERE!
Old 07-15-2002, 05:52 AM   #29
HellFyre69

Quote:
Originally posted by power_ed

let me see if i get this.. if you only use one stance while dueling, your a spammish n00b?

is not the stance.. Heck i used blue stance all the time!!.. But the way he was fighting dude.. He just keep swinging and swinging.. Too bad it was a nf server, because otherwise, i would have spam his ass with guns.

It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with the lightsaber."

-Count Dooku

HellFyre69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2002, 06:51 AM   #30
power_ed

Quote:
Originally posted by HellFyre69

is not the stance.. Heck i used blue stance all the time!!.. But the way he was fighting dude.. He just keep swinging and swinging.. Too bad it was a nf server, because otherwise, i would have spam his ass with guns.
oh.. sorry dude..

HEY, YOU THERE!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:56 PM   #31
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Uh..Ed, it's "$ry d3wd", not "sorry dude".

If you want to be a l337-speaking $k!llR0x0rXz some day, you better start practising...

Old 07-16-2002, 03:37 AM   #32
*Darth Vega*

1 4m tH3 0n3 4n|) 0n7y kk1nG 0f 733t zP34kk!!!1l1!11L1!lo!1looll!!! n080|)y k4n m4tkH my u883r 733tn3zz f0r 1 4m tH3 Gr34t3zt m0zt 733t 0f tH3 733t 3v4r t0 71v3!!!1l1!11L1!lo!1looll!!! 477 y0ur f0rk3 4r3 8370nG t0 uz!!!1l1!11L1!lo!1looll!!!!!!1l1!11L1!lo!1looll!!! !!!1l1!11L1!lo!1looll!!!

Supreme 0\/\//\/4GE
*Darth Vega* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2002, 03:50 AM   #33
icefox98

WHAT!!??!

I feel violated...I STARTED THIS TYPE OF MESSAGE. (Ask Kal el HE knows whats going down.)

Hrm....my idea....stolen....stolen from me....I must make a return very soon....

My original message like *this....was about how gay saber defense is and how raven should nerf it.....

-Merc out

Life's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it. I just hope I don't run out of ammo.
icefox98 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2002, 06:53 AM   #34
JKR_LT_DODGE

dude that sucks getting sliced though but why raven software version 1.03 was better.but the humor was funny.

some were in the JEDI TEMPLE
JKR_LT_DODGE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2002, 07:33 AM   #35
Eklin

Every hear of a little thing called Darwinianism?
Survival of the fittest?

If you can't adapt to a new environment, you obviously NEVER WERE "1337".

Same goes to everyone else who complains that n00bs are cutting them to shreds.

If the game is so much easier now, then how come your not "owning" even more than before?
Why aren't all the 1337 players keeping their edge over n00bs?

Perhaps it's because they are truly the fittest players for this game.

The Man's Prayer:
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess..."
Eklin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2002, 12:34 PM   #36
Clone_1102A

eklin's right!

If you cant adapt to a new patch then, you were never good at the game! now all these "n00bs" have a chance to actualy learn the game cause raven had enough sense to make it just a lil easier to last longer than 10 seconds in a game! get off of true servers you cry baby nerds

Yoda - "Fight Like A Clone"

errr...ok
Clone_1102A is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2002, 03:52 PM   #37
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Re: WHAT!!??!

Quote:
Originally posted by icefox98
I feel violated...I STARTED THIS TYPE OF MESSAGE. (Ask Kal el HE knows whats going down.)
Hrm....my idea....stolen....stolen from me....I must make a return very soon....
My original message like *this....was about how gay saber defense is and how raven should nerf it.....

Umm... Kal-El? What's this guy talking about?

Sounds familiar though.. I must have read that post a month or 2 ago. But IIRC, your obvious sarcasm was mostly left unnoticed and you were flamed. Hehehehe..

But you're right, you "must make a return very soon....", 'cause now you are...I mean...I am the...uh...you know; the stuff that Vader taunts Obi Van in EP IV with just before Obi goes AFK and disconnects to avoid getting ownT.

Oh, and *Darth Vega* - Seriously...forgive me, I had no idea...I am no match for you. How foolish I was to overestimate my f33bL3 $k!llz. Thou art Da Master, I totally ph34r j00.

Old 07-16-2002, 04:58 PM   #38
Keeper

Re: Re: WHAT!!??!

Quote:
Originally posted by Luc Solar

--- the stuff that Vader taunts Obi Van in EP IV with just before Obi goes AFK and disconnects to avoid getting ownT.

Lol. never heard it said like that before
But WTF? Obi \/\/0ul|) 7o74lly 0\/\/n v4|)3r'$ 4$$.

lol. I'm getting better at this

Development code: 728-645
Adoption number: 472-00-X
Name: Keeper, Hyper Zoinoid Type (Prototype)

This Zoanoid was abandoned after being thought defective. It was then discovered that it had telekinetic powers and has been put under Surveillance...
Old 07-17-2002, 02:27 AM   #39
Lord_PhilMil

i never downloaded 1.4 patch cuz i almost never play jo anymore i got war 3 to play but it sounds like the raven programer was drunk at the time of him making the patch!!

"Best man on the web"-Times "A must see"- Sun "5 outa 3 critics gave two Cold Ones©®™ up" "Visit http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html Now"
Lord_PhilMil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #40
JKR_LT_DODGE

that really suck getting killed by a n00b how embarsing. there are bugs in this game.

some were in the JEDI TEMPLE
JKR_LT_DODGE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > OMG! WTF!? I'm not l337 anymore!?