lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "And they say that a hero can save us, but Kyle is getting too old...."
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-27-2002, 04:05 PM   #41
teutonicknight
Morpheus

I think that in the next JK. kyle should join the jedi academy, get a padawan, then leave becasue he doesn't like the force anymore; but take his padawan with him. Then, in mission, kyle will actually have some NPC saber help . In JK 5, kyle should die, and the padawan should be avenging kyle.

"Unfortunatly, no one can be told what The Matrix is... you have top see it for yourself."

2003: Year of The Matrix!
teutonicknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2002, 04:43 PM   #42
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

Maby Jedi fight longer because their bones are held by the force. Besides most of the Jedi masters are at least 70.

Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means you failed to tell me.
TheWhiteRaider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2002, 04:47 PM   #43
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

Oh and one other thing is that I have seen more games go down by changing the main person. A new game that spins off of JK wouldn't be so bad.

Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means you failed to tell me.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:01 AM   #44
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
In JK 5, kyle should die, and the padawan should be avenging kyle.
I'll just hope they MAKE a JK5.

Of course, at that point, it would be "Dark Forces 6: Jedi Knight 5: Jedi Outcast 4: New Jedi Order 3: Revenge of Desann 2: Jar Jar Strikes Back"
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2002, 12:24 AM   #45
Caster

*Chants*

Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion! Tavion!

Fuel burning space polluting X-Wings!
You probably have seat
belts with those shield of yours!
Caster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2002, 01:37 AM   #46
Turgenev

Quote:
Originally posted by razorace
Here is a thought thou...Both "right hand" ladies have excaped in both JK games. So, that one blond chick from JK and tavion are still on the loose.
Now there's an interesting plot twist! "Jail House Jedi Grrlz"!

Seriously, I was wondering when someone would mention that there was a rogue DJ still out there in either game. That'd be awesome, to see them team up and do a Dark Sisterhood that Mara's gotta break up (Or Jan, with Mara tagging along as the Token Jedi). Imagine being Jan, and being able to give orders to Mara in-game? "Mara, kill everyone." "But Jan, Luke's been teaching me that we need to embrace diversity and lo---*" (Jan's gunfire) "Kyle, I need you. My partner's taken a hit."

From a word to a word I was led to a Word / From a deed to another Deed. - The Poetic Edda
Turgenev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2002, 01:57 AM   #47
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

We never got to give orders to NPCs in JO or any of them to my knowledge, even in the first part where Jan is working alongside you, its YOU who has follow HER orders!

"Kyle, meet me in the control room. Hurry, I can't take much more fire!" ACK!

However, I think that an order system would be cool.

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/...unaticJed1.gif removed [img] tags due to HTTP 401 response --tk102

"Yes. The pain you feel is your very essence, the essence of the crude animal known as Homo Sapien."

-Millions Knives
Lunatic Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 10:19 AM   #48
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up *spoilers*

Actually Sariss (the blonde female Dark Jedi from JK1) IS dead.

spoiler:
If you take the light path (the one that continues in continuity with MotS and JKO) then all of the Dark Jedi were killed, period.

The only way that Sariss survives is on the light path.
If there was any doubt, consult the Dark Forces series books, confirmed kill!
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 10:28 AM   #49
Darth Lunatic

I think Kyles adventures should end. Time to bring in a fresh new character, possibly set in the prequel trilogy era or before it.

Is there any news on an expansion? Anywhere?!

----Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed----
Darth Lunatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #50
Psionic Jedi

How about a game branching from the DARK Path of JK1?

I haven't played JK1 so I wouldn't know the difference between Light and Dark endings, but what if the Dark Jedi gained control of the Valley? ...

Without fear, there is no courage
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
This would be really funny if it weren't happening to me.
In the land of California, in the heat of San Jose the dark haired PSIONIC JEDI forged in secret a master computer to control all others and into this computer he poured his money, his computer parts and many screws
One computer to rule them all. One computer to find the foes
One computer to bring them all to hell and in the darkness conquer
In the online gaming world where the envying ones lie.
-Original dito119
Psionic Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #51
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Actually Sariss (the blonde female Dark Jedi from JK1) IS dead.
Really? I don't recall fighting her.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
Old 08-03-2002, 08:03 PM   #52
Revan Bakr'

If you chose the light side in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, the true ending, then you fight and kill Sariss. If you choose the dark side, she chickens out and becomes Kyle's servant. I thought that the dark side ending sucked, but hey, what are you going to do?

--------------------Revan Bakr'
Sithopath

Revan: Sometimes I feel like you don't know me at all. (Lightsaber ignites) (Slices) And now, you never will. HAHAHAHAHA!

"Austin..... I am your father."
"Really?"
"No, not really. I can't back that up."

http://www.boomspeed.com/jakobo48/Al_sig2.jpg [URL]
Revan Bakr' is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2002, 05:30 PM   #53
Naphtali

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Lunatic
I think Kyles adventures should end. Time to bring in a fresh new character, possibly set in the prequel trilogy era or before it.

Is there any news on an expansion? Anywhere?!
long time no post, my feelings exactly, because Kyles adventures are starting to get stale, plus the prequel era will provide new sceenary for change, plus during the era of jedi the battles story will have a different flow

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2002, 10:46 PM   #54
Darth Exar Kun

Quote:
March 3rd Star War:Knights of The Old Republic comes out for PC the ulimate game a jedi against the sith possible Exar Kun's sith oh ya
Darth Exar Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2002, 07:44 PM   #55
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

KOTR is a RPG. It's not anything like Dark Forces.

Old 08-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #56
Revan Bakr'

I saw a clip of it and it looked great... except for the blocking. The Jedi girl was swinging her saber left and right and the Sith guy was blocking left and right... It looked pretty cheesy but that is to be expected.

Sithopath

Revan: Sometimes I feel like you don't know me at all. (Lightsaber ignites) (Slices) And now, you never will. HAHAHAHAHA!

"Really?"

Old 08-06-2002, 08:25 PM   #57
Master Toddy

How about a prequel series with Morgan Katarn? It would be a change of scenery for those tired of playing as Kyle, but would still keep it with the Dark Forces series, since Morgan is a Katarn. The Dark Forces series has always been about Kyle Katarn, and it wouldn't feel right if the game didn't revovle around a Katarn. How about a prequel about Kyle's time serving the Empire, and how he got out of it? No lightsaber, but I think it would still be fun.
Master Toddy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2002, 08:30 PM   #58
Revan Bakr'

As far as the Morgan thing goes, I don't think he was much of a Jedi. And as to the Kyle thing, it wouldn't be half as fun because there would be no lightsaber.

Sithopath

"Really?"

Old 08-07-2002, 12:36 AM   #59
Darth Vicious

Any future Jedi Knight games will pit Kyle against the Yuuzhan Vong. Why? Well, it's where Kyle's story is, (And it's the most current report i've seen. Got it from the "new revised Star Wars character profiles") or something along those lines. the rest is, understandably, Conjecture, but should at least help to see where Kyle will be going next... if it's even Kyle!

well, According to the EU, after defeating Desann and returning from his vacation with Jan, Kyle worked to regain the unbelievable force abilities he had while fighting Jerec. (The force abilities he used against Desann were peanuts.) After some time, Kyle settled and became a combat instructor at the Jedi academy and trained many young jedi knights...

... and when the Yuuzhan Vong invasion began, Some of these same students answered calls to the front, and fought the Yuuzhan Vong bravely upon Ithor, Obroa-Skai, and some other planet i can't remember... Kyle's Jedi students fought bravely on those systems, and each died, since the Yuuzhan Vong took all of those systems. With the death of his own students, Kyle is afraid that the YV will succeed at what Jerec had intended to do-- destroy the Jedi Knights.

Kyle is beginning to lose hope that the Jedi will emerge victorious...

Sounds like next time will be payback time to me, folks... At least it gives Jedi Knight III a new story... One of serious revenge.
Darth Vicious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2002, 03:21 AM   #60
Naphtali

Man that be garbage, their going to have to give Kyle an overall or some kind of twist on the story to build him up, because hes just not mercenary he was nor the jedi few hype him up to be

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
WHO YOU TELL
Old 08-07-2002, 04:06 AM   #61
Darth Vicious

He wasn't a mercenary? Yeah he was. Dark Forces, anyone? Jedi? Yeah, for two games straight. killed more dark jedi than any other jedi in the galaxy, probably.

The problem with Kyle is that he's only human...
Old 08-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #62
Revan Bakr'

I think that that would make a great jk3; even though I don't know who the Yuuzhan Vong guys are.

Sithopath

"Really?"

Old 08-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #63
Darth Vicious

The Yuuzhan Vong are a race of warriors from another galaxy. They stand outside of the force because, unfortunately, the Jedi that came during and after the death of the emperor (including Luke) have no idea how to tap into the true force.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:15 PM   #64
Xavier j.p JAS

True force? Is that kind of what Yoda used? And Exar?
Xavier j.p JAS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2002, 05:47 PM   #65
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

You guys may want a new hero, but it may kill Jedi Knight.
Any time someone tries to replace some thing that is at the core they almost always kill it. You mainly take out the heart and *poof* the game is dead. Same goes with tv take a look at these shows that got kill.

The X-files went down hill when they took Molder out.

A show named Sliders that was on Sci-Fi was killed after the main person (Quin) was gone.

The Pretender was gone when that messed with Jerod's personality.

So a spin off would be a better way. Because if the people that liked Kyle stop buying the game and all of them were about 47% that is about $7,546,897 dollar gone for Lucas arts!

Old 08-08-2002, 01:31 AM   #66
Darth Vicious

The "True Force" as i call it, has been underlying Star Wars for the longest time, but has only been recently revealed (and only a little bit) through Jacen Solo in the latest New Jedi Order book, "Traitor". Spoilers will ensue...

Basically, the "True Force" is part of everything together. However, there is NO "Light side" or "Dark Side" to it. The primary difference is that "Light Side" powers are derived from the Force, while "Dark Side" Powers are derived from within the forcewielder.

Long Long before Yoda or even Exar Kun, probably around the beginning of the Jedi, The Jedi themselves created the distinction of "Light" and "Dark" sides to the force. They did this So they could have better control over it's use. Maybe their intentions were good, (Since the Force Within is always muddled by emotions) but every single Jedi that has come afterwards has grown up using the force with the wrong mindset, never using it to it's full extent.

So, to answer your query, Neither Exar Kun nor Yoda used the "True Force" but merely used an aspect of it... Mostly because of what they were taught. I'm pretty sure that there has never been a single Jedi that has tapped into the full extent of the True Force; The Unifying Force.

The NJO Jedi actually have pretty much figured it out. Kyp Durron believes in the power of the Force Within, while Luke Believes in the Binding Force. Problem is, neither of those guys has figured that BOTH of their ideas, working side by side, is the Force as it has always been.

Figgers...
Old 08-08-2002, 01:37 AM   #67
zerowingzero

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider
You guys may want a new hero, but it may kill Jedi Knight.
Any time someone tries to replace some thing that is at the core they almost always kill it. You mainly take out the heart and *poof* the game is dead. Same goes with tv take a look at these shows that got kill.

The X-files went down hill when they took Molder out.

A show named Sliders that was on Sci-Fi was killed after the main person (Quin) was gone.

The Pretender was gone when that messed with Jerod's personality.

So a spin off would be a better way. Because if the people that liked Kyle stop buying the game and all of them were about 47% that is about $7,546,897 dollar gone for Lucas arts!
I think it worked for MGS2 (Raiden), it's still in the top 3 in gamefaqs
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2002, 03:54 AM   #68
Darth Vicious

Well, it wasn't so bad because at least Solid was still in the game, (and didn't die in the end or something cheesy like that.) Moreso, Raiden was actually a decent hero in his own right. The only problem was that he had too many problems. (kinda ironic.)

It's doable, though, certainly... a new Jedi Knight that Kyle taught when he joined the academy.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:05 AM   #69
capt_moquette

I think the only reason Kyle is considered old is because of the Marvel-stylee grey band of hair they gave him for MotS. You can still kinda see it in JK2, but they've toned it down (probably with some George Lucas style Computer Generated Just for Men tm). There's little enough _real_ characterisation in computer games as it is -- I say keep Kyle, and spin an interesting yarn about Jan out to show his loving side. The guy is _just_ beginning to get some depth - don't cut that off now! Embelish it a little. All he _really_ needs are some DECENT DAMNED LINES that don't make him sound like a stereotypical computer game hero. If LucasArts want someone to script JK3 properly (ie without all the "Hmmmm... a _code_.... what the...?" crap), they only have to ask...

"I've been digging in the wrong place..."
capt_moquette is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2002, 06:10 PM   #70
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Sounds like this "True Force" is just more EU crap. :P Lucas has always stated that the Force has a light and a dark side like all living creatures.

As for the subject matter, I don't believe that Dark Forces games have to have Kyle in them. It's all about Star Wars in general. Can you honestly say you won't buy JK3 if Kyle isn't in it?

Old 08-09-2002, 04:21 PM   #71
Darth Vicious

Well, Razorace, you were right. My theory and what the book said about the true force was quite wrong. It was just a sack of crap fed to Jacen Solo to turn him over to the Dark side, and it worked. After being completely fooled by Vergere and her projecting images of Anakin into his mind, Jacen now works with the Yuuzhan Vong as a traitor to the jedi order.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:36 PM   #72
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Interesting, I thought the Yuuzhan Vong hated ALL force users. My theory about the Vong's Force "Void" is that the "Force" is a localized energy field / genetic trait in the Star Wars galaxy. All creatures that evolved outside the Star Wars galaxy don't have that trait and therefore are an alien object to the Force.

EDIT: But then, I think the NJO is just a bunch of non-canon Star Wars hype. The books totally jumped the shark in the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

Old 09-01-2002, 09:18 PM   #73
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

Quote:
Originally posted by zerowingzero

I think it worked for MGS2 (Raiden), it's still in the top 3 in gamefaqs
I know, but still you played as Snake for the Tanker chapter and we will have to see how big of a rating MGS3 gets.

Just let Kyle have Darkforces. Make a new Star Wars game if you want a new hero.

Old 09-02-2002, 06:54 AM   #74
MilesTeg

Re: Kyle too old

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewie Bakker
How much would it rock battling against armoured figures with jetpacks on their backs?

vs
We had that and we will have that again... you should wait for the Dark Forces Mod

MilesTeg
kinda Ex-Mapper
Each day, each moment brings itīs change. One learns by recognizing the moments.
Ghanima, Children of Dune
MilesTeg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 07:37 AM   #75
Greywolf 6

I don't really feel like playing JK3 with an old grey haired fart, kick his a** to the curb and bring in someone new. As far as a plot I dunno, maybe have more than one playable character and allow the game to have alternate endings depending on what path you take during the game so that SP has more replay value. Or maybe even make it where you can either choose between playing a dark or light side character.

Are those real?
Greywolf 6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 08:37 AM   #76
patchx

Location: fiery depths of hell sticking my pitch fork thru the guy who voiced jar jar's head
u play as Tavion set in the aftermath of JK2

The imperial force previously controlled by desann and Galak is now under the control of a group of surviving, elite shadowtroopers and is convincing other imperial warlords to join with them to topple the new republic

The ruling group of shadowtroopers know of Tavions betrayal of desann that led to katarn discovering desanns plan and thwarting it, and want her dead

Kyle has warned the jedi of tavions involvment with desann and her dangerous darkside tendencies, Luke wants her captured and brought in for rehabilitation

both the imperials and the republic are gunning for you as u try to eek out a living as a high price bounty hunter working for crime lords on missions that set u against the republic and empire and ultimately develop into a major plot development
leading to tavions turning to the light

-patch

-patch
patchx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 04:14 AM   #77
Naphtali

Raiden was pretty good, decent story to take a break from snake.
The sword made him stand out, however reviewers gave him a tough rap because he had feelings.

In an expansion, or Jk3 it should be a new hero taking over, Kyle play a couple of levels, then he gets killed, or captured something to that effect, and then you take over as a new jedi assigned by luke who feels a dark force rising.

Weve established that Kyle simply will never be over as an actual jedi, hes always going to be halfway there, however something in the prequel era will be better i think, aound time of phantom menace

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
WHO YOU TELL
Old 09-12-2002, 07:48 AM   #78
Limpy Ghost

Well...how about a complex character creation, so that the player can decide how the Player: Looks, Speaks, Acts, etc

You could decide on how the character develops (surely there are more powers than grip lightning etc )

Also the character could 'evolve' over time sort of changing the way he acts looks speaks etc.

What does everyone else think?
Limpy Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 03:11 PM   #79
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Red face

You just wait, KJA or Stackpole will kill him off in some incredibly stupid way.... heh
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2002, 03:39 PM   #80
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

Here is a way you could keep Kyle alive, but have a new hero.

Say Kyle does get a padawan and is sent on a mission. On that mission you play as Kyle with the padawan as an npc. Kyle gets injured on the mission by a dark jedi. Kyle then couldn't go on on the missions so his padawan has determined that he will finish the campain with a friend who is also a jedi. At one point his friend is killed by the dark jedi that injured Kyle. Thus adding a reason to go down the dark path. And like JK1 you can choose the path.

Kyle did kill Boba Fett. Fett didn't die at the Pit of Carkoon. The pit spit him out because of his manlorian armor. You killed Fett in Dark Forces.

Oh and Snake may be back in MGS3. If he does I would like to see how he survived the tanker.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > "And they say that a hero can save us, but Kyle is getting too old...."