lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Scripting problem...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-19-2002, 07:40 AM   #1
Gabrobot

Question Scripting problem...

I've got a scripting problem: I have 8 NPCs with the same targetname in my level that I use (the use scripting command kind of use) at one point in a script, and then I try to remove them using the remove command. But it doesn't remove them! This problem is driving me crazy, I've looked at the scripts Raven included, but I can't a figure out what's wrong!

Another problem I have, is with BehavEd itself: In the pop down box for the Get thing that's just above the Tag thing in commands like Move or Rotate, it says "Include Error!!!". It says that in the drop down box for the Set, Play and Declare commands as well.
Gabrobot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #2
Catscratch

try using script_targetname for npcs instead of targetname or npc_targetname.

Make sure you set the right directories for Behaved.
Catscratch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2002, 01:30 PM   #3
Gabrobot

Quote:
try using script_targetname for npcs instead of targetname or npc_targetname.
Nope. It doesn't matter what kind of targetname I have, it doesn't work. I don't get it, I have two platforms, one moves the other doesn't. It will remove the platform that doesn't move, but it doesn't remove the one that does move!

Quote:
Make sure you set the right directories for Behaved.
I made sure the directories are correct. I only get a include error with some of the pull down boxes, not all of them.(see my first post.)
Old 07-22-2002, 04:48 PM   #4
Catscratch

Wowow, slow down, i thought you wanted to remove npcs not platforms ?

Anyway ive put some npcs (like 5 of them) and i trigger a script with trigger_once. the script does remove the npcs.

Maybe your script messes something up before the removing.
I dunno i should look at your entire script to see what's wrong.
Catscratch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2002, 10:42 PM   #5
Gabrobot

I have a feeling that the problem may be that the NPCs are on a moving platform (the same one that refuses to be removed in fact...) and the game engine is picky and won't remove them unless they're not moving. The script is supposed to remove the platform instantly right after it stops at a ref_tag, so perhaps it doesn't like that either...

I guess I'll have try that and see if it works...
Old 07-29-2002, 04:29 PM   #6
Merritt

you get the include error because the sourcefiles path is incorrect - go to prefs and change it to the gamesource folder where your editing tools are installed

Work In Progress: Duel Of The Fates SP

:
Merritt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 02:19 PM   #7
Gabrobot

Thanks Merritt, I don't get include errors now.

Posted by me:
Quote:
I have a feeling that the problem may be that the NPCs are on a moving platform (the same one that refuses to be removed in fact...) and the game engine is picky and won't remove them unless they're not moving. The script is supposed to remove the platform instantly right after it stops at a ref_tag, so perhaps it doesn't like that either...
Well, it didn't work (I didn't think it would) however I have found a work around (which I probably should have done from the beginning) so I don't need to remove anything.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Scripting problem...