lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Academy Wars: Episode 1 "Dark Academy Rising" Official Battle Thread
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-21-2002, 02:43 AM   #41
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
........As the Emporer slashed down on Obi-wan, Obi-wan rolled away to safety as the saber hit the floor next to him. The same thing happened once more. Obi-wan looked at his sabe hilt, a pulled it to him, and ignited it, blocking the emporers next attack. He swung like a madman to get hte emporer away. When he had enough space, he stood again, all weight on his left leg.

The Emporer ran towards him and began swinging a barrage of blows against Obi-wan, which where deflected. A small explosion shook the throne room, and The Emporer was stunned.

"This is Death 4, going in on my attack run." A pilot said, as an x-wing swooped aroun and fired on one of the shield generators.

"heh heh heh heh." The emporer laughed, as he swung at obi again. Obi backflipped and avoided to swipe.

The x-wing fired a torpeado on one of the sheild generators again, and it exploded. A young officer ran into the throne room,and interupted the duel. Obi-wan was going to kill the young man, but held back when he realized the boy was unarmed. Another cloaked figure came into the room, and Obi-wan's attention shifted. The Emporer, taking the chance, Hit obi on the back of the head with the hilt of his saber. Obi fell unconscious.

"Did you need something captain?" The emporer asked.

"Sir, the Academy forces have launched an air strike on us, and we where unprepared, and our shields are failing. we must With draw, or we will be destroyed!" The officer said.

"Let us make our leave, then. *emporer points to obi* Darth Kaan, take him to a cell. We will interogate him, and find out everything we can. Then, we shall kill him." The emporer said, as Kaan bowed, and drug obi away.

"My lord, we must move quickly to evacuate our forces on the planet." The young captain said.

"We haven't the time. Set course for Coruscant and engageour hyperdrive." The emporer said.

"but my lord, we...."

"NOW!" The emporer yelled.

The young man was now very afraid, and said "yes, my lord"

The x-wing squadron was attacking the Star Destroyer when it suddenly blasted to hyperspace.

"Good job Death Squadron. Return to base." Darklighters voice came over the comm.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 03:08 AM   #42
Darth Knight
Ohtar Et I Mornie

obi man you are writing some really tight stories they are really good

veni, vedi, vici
Darth Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 03:17 AM   #43
Dissectional

Nice, Nice guys. I hope i can compile a tale that shall be on par with you guys'.

After the missions with Ice and Death squadron, Captain Dissectional Returned to the academy. Once safely docked, he received a comm transmission: General Kenobi Had made it safely back. Relieved that he had escaped the clutches of the emperor, Dissectional raced to talk with him.
"Well, sir, good to see your face again, I feared you dead," Dissectional announced with a hearty smile. "How in the hell did you escape?"
"A long story, which i will be glad to share over a juri juice." Kenobi chuckled.
"well, we have more important things to take care of than stories and liquor," Dissectional stated quite gruffly. And with that, they all headed for the academy war room.
"My lightsaber is itching for sith flesh," The bold young padawan stated.
" You'd better curb that temper, lest you be tempted by the darkside yourself!" Kenobi barked. "we'll be mashing sith once we figure out where they are and what they plan on doing next!"
Death Squadron Recon had found that the sith academy troops were moving their fleets closer to the LF academy system, and were only a mere 4 parsecs away.
" I want death squadron on full patrol, 24 hours a day. They plan on a straight spearhead into the academy system." Kenobi grimly muttered. "This is looking like it's all about to blow up into a battle of gargantuan proportions, none like we've ever seen before.."

To Be Continued....

There's my little smidgin of a tale. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Dath Maximus' Padawan

Official Jedi Name: Nic'vi Hujua

Official Academy Snowspeeder Pilot

Captain of Ice Squadron (call sign: Ice Leader)

Commander of Death Squadron (call sign: Death 2)

One of Lexx's legion of Heroes

Member of NORML and advocate for Cannabis Legalization
Dissectional is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 03:31 AM   #44
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Current Game: Uncharted 3
10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Darklighter looked down upon the battle below. The seepders had already taken out the first AT-AT, thanks to the skillful work of Reb Starblazer. The arrangements had to be made quickly, and the pilots and gunners joined up in pairs; first Dissectional and Exterminator, then Reb and KordKelly, Wjitedragon and Camus, and finally Darth Knight and sOulblihtr.

Darklighter now looked upon the battle ground, and down at the ground forces below. He knew what he had to do.

Obi-wan, master, you're gonna hate me for doing this . On that thought, he leapt from the side rail of platform, plummeting down headfirst towards the dround a hundred meters below. He flipped fowards and flung his cloak aside. He landed on his feet, with effortless ease.

He was dressed in pure white garments covering his body, with tall black boots and a black belt around his waist. His hair fell before the sides of his face, down to his neck, which shone jet black. His face and skin was markless and bright. He had the appearance of a padawan, but after 15 years of Jedi mastery he was nearly as able as his master. Tidus Darklighter, master Jedi, would fight once again...

--------------------

Tyrion and his men manned the turrets, awaiting the AT-STs as they closed in on their position. Greedo sat, his eye's fixed on the cockpit, ready to fire. At that point, it all changed. Imperial troops began descending from the walkers. They aligned and began to walk slowly towards them. The chicken walkers halted, aiming their guns at the turrets. They were ambushed.

"No, this is all wrong!" Tyrion yelled. "Where is our back up!" He drew his comlink from his pocket and spoke. "Tyrion to Ice Leader! Tyrion to Ice Leader! W have more surprises here commander, you gotta give us some support!"

"No can do" Dissectional replied in the speaker. "We cannot deter ourselves, if we try to leave now we're as good as dead!"

"Damn!" Greedo replied. "We'll have to take them."

Darkighter was now running furiously down towards Tyrions men. As he approached the hill, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He swung round to draw his saber, until he realised who it was.

"I thought I told you to stay wheer you were" AB_Legion said. "I can't have you, second in command going into battle now, can I?"

"Looks like you'll have to do without me...I am needed."

"And so am I!" They both smiled.

"We're with you too" Darklighter's face shone as his fellow Jedi's came into view. Maximus, XERXES, Agen and Yoda_623 stepped out beyond the shadows.

"Didn't think we were gonna let you go alone, did you?" Maximus joked.

"Together again, huh?" XERXES chuckled.

"Lets go!" said Agen, as the Jedi marched towards the front line to meet their enemy.

To be continued...

"Yeah no one likes a smart ass, but we all like stars,
But that wasn't my intention, I did it for a reason..."

Last edited by Darklighter; 07-21-2002 at 04:55 AM.
Darklighter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 03:42 AM   #45
Darth Knight
Ohtar Et I Mornie

darklighter that was really good but one thing i thouhgt obi was a prisoner still

veni, vedi, vici
Darth Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 03:43 AM   #46
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Clad in his usual oversize black robe and sunglasses, Darth Groovy stood silently behind the turrets along with other padawans as he was instructed to do so. The gunners shifted the turrets right and left.....alternately exchanging fire. The smoke from the blasters up ahead had layed a dense fog in all of the surrounding areas. Nerfyoda stood next to him talking his ear off as usual. Back in class Nerfyoda loved to use Groovy as the butt of his unusual class clown antics yet would defend him just as easy. Darth Groovy had often found himself just as amused by Nerfyoda's absurd humor as much as he was annoyed by it. "Bloody AT-ATs!" said Nerfyoda as he spit on the ground. "What good would lightsabers do against those things?" Before Groovy could reply Nerfyoda had holstered his saber and pulled out a deadly rifle with a long range scope on the end. Nerfyoda grinned devilishly as he pulled a clip out of his back pocket and slapped it harshly into the butt of the rifle. "Just in case!" Nerfyoda chuckled! "You should not underestimate the power of the Force", Groovy replied. "Your too tense mate, relax! Yoda_623 is on the other side of the battle field. Did ya screw it up this morning Darth? I know it wasn't at lightsaber training!" Darth Groovy did not respond and only looked past Nerfyoda. Nerfyoda was right......Yoda_623 had been very stirn early that morning placeing unusual emphasis on emotion control and relaxation, he had seemed tense like he was holding back from his apprentice. Nerfyoda had often made jokes about Darth Groovy......his Lightsaber scoring always shadowed Nerfyoda Ten fold, and made him jealouse. while Nerfyoda was a better pilot than he was and loved to hunt minoks with his rifle. Obi wan 13 had prohibited rifles at the academy especially amoung students. Darth Groovy had known about his rifle and it's hidden location in his footlocker. Often on weekend leave Groovy would go minok hunting with Nerfyoda just to watch his amazing aim. Darth Groovy never took his saber skills very seriously, his passion was art and music which made Nerfyoda pick on him even more. At times it did seem strange to see a black and red tattooed face with a crown of thorns crooning Corillian love ballads in the mess hall surrounded by screaming students. Saber training came natural to Darth, as if he had been trained a thousand times. Today his skills would be needed. "I really hope we win today or this will be a waste!" said Nerfyoda as he pulled a cantine out that was slung across his shoulder and held it in front of Darth Groovy. "What is that" said Groovy, "I'll give you a hint......it ain't water and it ain't blue milk either!" replied Nerfyoda. "I made it last weekend.....this is our victory dance" "Um, of course" said Groovy. Nerfyoda twisted off the cap of the cantine "smell this" he said and held it up to Groovy'd nostrils. Groovy inhaled and let out a large cough followed by a gasp for air. "Jeezum Crow! your gonna kill somebody with that stuff" Groovy said as Nerfyoda chuckled wildly. "Mother's maiden recipe..... bless her soul!" Nerfyoda kissed a pendant that adorned his neck and quickly stuffed it back into his tunic. Nerfyoda gripped the charging mechanism below the barral of his gun as a pulsating hum whirred up to full power. "Do you think we will win?" asked Nerfyoda. "We will win.....my master has forseen it. Besides we were instructed to wait behind lines, the first few AT-ATs have fallen and we may not need to fight at all." Groovy finished. "Not till I take down at least one of 'em" Nerfyoda injected "I want a sith head on my mantle."Darth Groovy pursed his lip and gave Nerfyoda a generic look of discust. "WTF?" replied Nerfyoda, and Groovy rolled his yellow eyes up at the night sky and let out a sigh.
Groovy focused on Tyrion who was in the main command platform running back and forth barking orders at uniformed officers and multiple uniformed holographic images. A large explosion went off not more than a few yards behind the two padawans. Groovy And Nerfyoda ducked as dirt and ash rained down upon them "That was too close!" Nerfyoda screamed, "We may fight after all!" As Nerfyoda closed his sentance the two padawans gazed into the night sky and saw the faint image of a single tie interceptor with flames and smoke emmiting from it's port wing. The ship spiraled down and crashed into a tree. Tyrion cursed loudly and jumped off the platform to join a group of troops running towards the crashed ship. Groovy grabbed Nerfyoda's shoulder as he was about to run...."We wait here my freind until the Master's instruct us to do otherwise!" Nerfyoda cursed and then looked up at Groovy. "Your right, there will be plenty of heads on the field when the battle is over." "When the Battle was over......" Darth Groovy pondered heavily on that last sentence. Then looked up and smiled widely, "Master Obi-Wan is alive......he made it......thank the Force!"
Darth Groovy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 03:58 AM   #47
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Darth Knight is right, im in a SD.

good though. edit it a bit.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 07-21-2002, 04:08 AM   #48
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

The light was dimming fast. The flood-like lamps situated underneath the walkers gave out a blinding glow, and the soldiers who advanced from them reflected the light. They were dressed in a new uniform armour; the new clonetrooper armour, and thick, the helmets shone with white. The long line of soldiers could be seen approaching.

"We can't do this" Tyrion's confidence had been diminished.

"I'm sorry" replied Greedo solumnly.

Just as they had given up hope, the band of Jedi came over the ridge to greet them, AB_Legion leading. They really were a symbol of magnificance, kitted in bright white and bauge robes with their lightsabers haning from their belts. Tyrion was overcome with relief.

"I thought you'd never show" he said gleefully.

"Concentrate all the turrets fire on the walkers" AB_Legion did not smile. His expression was of no-nonsense, he knew exactly what to do. "We'll take care of the troops."

"Just like old times, eh Sir?" Greedo smiled and placed his rifle on the ground, drawing back his cloak to reveal his saber hilt above his belt. AB_Legion raised his voice to the infantry.

"All ensign ranked personel will remain here and concentrate fire on those walkers!" his voice deep and menacing. "Those of higher rank will follow me on my signal!"

The Jedi drew their sabers from their belts.

"Ready" AB_Legion gave the command, "CHARGE!!"

On his word half of the ground force proceeded at sprint pace to meet the enemy. Darklighter was right beside AB_Legion, running with him, his saber still unignited. The enemy troop began running now. At the same time, the Jedi ignited there sabers, a spectrum of muticolour and light, blinding to see with magnificance and power. The first shot came, and AB_Legion deflected it back at its firerer. The two sides met, and Darklighter leapt over the first line to meet the second.

He flipped to the side as he threw his lightsaber at the troopers. as he landed, he kickedone of the troopers to the floor, and the saber returned to his hand. he backflipped again to avoid the shots fired at him, and cartwheeld before slicing two troopers at once.

After some time, he spied an unmanned speeder bike. Looking out now towards the enemy base far off, he jumped on the bike to race to it, evading the shots from the troops and walkers. It seemed to go on forever. The endless passing of the long grass about his feet, as he hovered, racing now even faster towards the enclosed military encampment. As he arrived, he leapt from the bike and walked slowly towards the bunker.

"I've been waiting for you" a voice came from behind. He turned to greet it.

To be continued...

Last edited by Darklighter; 07-23-2002 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:11 AM   #49
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Obi, do you think you could edit your post before my last long story and write how you escaped...I didn't see your post cos I was writing my story...sorry

edit - problem solved. Thanks

Last edited by Darklighter; 07-21-2002 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:31 AM   #50
Divine Spirit
Stoked!

I think we should take turns in writing the story so we dont have these problems.

I think Dark Academy writes section and then Light Academy and then Dark and so on.

The person on each academy to write the story is the one who claims it in the thread first. So you write a short message claiming it and if no one else has claimed it THEN you start to write the story.

Feel free to ask people in your academy you want to write next turn.

Do you all want to stick to this system?

Back in Black
Divine Spirit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 04:36 AM   #51
Reb Starblazer
For Pony!

Darklighter, here's an idea. Everywhere in your last two posts where you have Obi-wan, replace it with AB_Legion. It would kind of fit, because he's gone, and you guys would be surprised to see him. As for you idea Divine, it seems good. But as I don't know the grand scheme of things, I can't really decide what my part in it shall be. When I do come up with an idea, I'll try to keep it as low key as possible though. Part of the story, but not too big a part of the story, as I'm only a "minor" character, the story isn't revolving around me so much as it is around you and Obi. This is turning out great though, I must say.

EDIT: An example of what I'm talking about is where Obi-Wan appears and tells you to stay where you were. Just have it that AB appears and says something like "I thought Obi-Wan would have wanted you to stay here." Just improvise. As for Obi escaping, I'm sure he's got some plan and story arc up his sleeve

This key is to your kingdom, this key is to your heart...
Neither one a doorway, but both of them a part...

So one foot in front of the other...
Reb Starblazer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 05:01 AM   #52
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

I will continue my little story in just a second, about what happens to me.

BTW, Reb, you can really write about what you like. We haven't heard much of Death/Ice Squadron yet, so you could write a bit about them. Or you could go off at a tangent and write about your own story. I you want to, its perfectly fine with us

edit - afetr this is finished, we should definitely combine them all into chapters...that would be cool

Old 07-21-2002, 05:03 AM   #53
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

10 year veteran! LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Im gonna make it short cause i dont have lots of ideas.

Arriving on the academy grounds Maximus leaves his condo lightsaber in hand.
"Perhaps today is a good day to battle!!" he cried.

Tossing his apprentice a e-11 blaster, he managed to yell out "cover me!"

Maximus began his way to obi-wan13.

BongoBob: Dath you are the true face of the internet.
Roxstar: Dath is 1/2 Chris Farley 1/2 Lord Voldemort.
Kain: Dath>new guy
TiE23: Dath, lord of accidentally burning the unburnable.
The Seeker: Dath Maximus makes happiness his Bitch.
BongoBob: Dath never keeps his promises. EXCEPT TO KILL!
Dath Maximus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 05:30 AM   #54
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

"It was foolish of you to come here, Darklighter" as he turned around slowly, the figure was in full view, standing at the entrane through which he had come. "You are only delaying your iminent death." It was Shadow Angel, Darth Dominance, Divine Spirit's sith lord companion. He was tall, his thick, long cloak pitch dark, his hood covering his face.

"You cannot win" he said in a low, foreboding voice that shattered the silence.

"We will see" came Darklighter's response. "You may have power, but you lack the spirit of a Jedi. You cannot foresee your victory while we are still alive, Shadow" his voice now deep, he was circling around shadow, his hand inches away from his saber hilt.

"You speak as if there is still hope left for your kind" he replied menacingly. "We will see if you are right, Admiral" he began to close in on Darklighter, they were both walking to confront each other. "You know you will not win this battle. The darkside is the only way out. Join us Tidus. You know it is the only option."

"The only option if you are weak enough to give in!" he shouted, as the tension mounted Shadow's face was grim and smirkless.

"Fool!!" he quickly drew his lightsaber. In a split second he leapt into the air towards Darklighter, his brandished red saber gleaming with malice. Darklighter was too quick. Before the saber could strike him, his orange-white saber was drawn to block the attack. They locked, Shadow's teeth gritted together, Darklighter's eyes glaring beneath his low brow. Shadow flung himself backwards to land on the ground a few metres away.

He ran at Tidus again, swiping to his left. He parried the attack, and ducked to avoid the next swipe across his head. Darklighter spun, circling in the air just in time to avoid Shadow's deadly upercut. He landed, and they faced each other again. Full of anger, Shadow ran at him, his blade high above his head, ready to strike. This he did not foresee. As he brought hi ssaber down as he ran, Darklighter dodged to the side. Everything moved in slow motion. Shadow ran passed and missed, and Darklighter brought his saber down upon his back.

With a cry he fell. "Curse you, and your Academy!" he yelped. The shuttle was just in time. It cruised overhead, guns ready, firing at Darklighter. he dodged them and dived behind the bunker out of view. Shadow crawled to his feet, and the shuttle ramp lowered.

"We will meet again!" He cried, as he climbed aboard the caft, injured and limping. Darklighter knew this was only the beginning. He would have to face him again, but not yet. Holstering his saber, he climbed aboard the speeder bike, and raced back to his comrades.

Old 07-21-2002, 05:42 AM   #55
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

Unless my double sith maximus shows up im gonna make him my nemesis.

Stepping out into the hallway of the main academy building Maximus met his double.
"we meet again Max" the Sith warrior said coldly.
Without acknologing this Dath pulled out his lightsaber using force pull. Instanly two blades clashed. One red one blue.

"You are strong old man!'' the nemesis cried
"far stronger than you'' maximus yelled back kicking the clone aside.

Old 07-21-2002, 05:52 AM   #56
Shadow Angel

OMG, there was like, 20 people here a once and I kep getting the "This page cannot be displayed" screen for 9 HOURS! AHHH!!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Well, I don't know if this chapter has become outdated or not, but here goes:

-----------------------------

Space. The final frontier. A red planet, shimmering like a jewel, a deception of the fiery hell within. A black, silent ship jumped out of hyperspace in its orbit. The Sith Infiltrator, ferrying the Dark Lord, the Shadow Angel, sped towards a landing platform marked in the Emperor's special coordinates.

As the ship landed, a pair of blast doors in front of the platform opened, and two black-robed, hooded firgures emerged. The Dark Lord exited his craft, and one of the attendants spoke. "This way, my Lord. We have been expecting your arrival for a long time."

The three entered the facility, and the doors slammed shut behind them. Although he wasn't affected by it, Shadow could sense the searing heat inside. "Exactly why did you choose such a hot and uncomfortable planet as this to develop your weaponry here?"
"Simply because soldiers grow lazy in comfortable climate. They must learn to feel the heat of battle."

"Soldiers? I didn't come here to inspect another batch of stormtroopers--" the attendant quickly interrupted.
"Oh, our new clones are much more than mere stormtroopers, I can assure you." The three entered a turbolift. One attendant pushed a button, and they were off.

Shadow, not being one to ask a lot of questions, instead probed the attendant's mind through the Force. After a few moments, his eyes widened.

The turbolift stopped, and opened to reveal a catwalk reaching across the chasm of a volcano! Below were several platforms floating above the lava. On it, were thousands of hodded figures sparring against each other with double-bladed lightsabers.

Once again, the attendant spoke. "Many years ago, the great Darth Sidious built a clone army using a template of a bounty hunter. Although they made excellent soldiers, they still could not meet the Emperor's incrasing demands. We have remedied this problem by using the DNA of one of Sidious' strongest, most loyal apprentices, Khameir Sarin... but you might know him better as DARTH MAUL.

Indeed, my Master was wise to make this decision. "Before I make my final report, I would like to test out one of these clones personally." The attendant was a bit reluctant. "As you wish, my Lord, but I must warn you. You may not survive the test run. We've made certain enhance--"
"Just do it." And the attendant left Shadow at the catwalk.

Minutes later, the door at the other end opened to reveal a clone. The Maul clone removed his hood and cloak, then drew his double-bladed lightsaber and ignited each blade, one by one. Shadow ignited his own curved saber, it's purple blade, an untraditional color for both the Jedi and the Sith, glowing across his face. The clone immdeiately charged at Shadow and twirled his blade at him, but the Dark Lord easily blocked. The other side of the clone's staff immediately rushed to Shadow's face, but his keen sense of the Force acted as an alarm, aiding to block and parry each incoming strike. The sabers locked, and Shadow was surprised at the clone's strength as his blade kept coming closer to his face. However, the Dark Lord's mechanical strength in his arm kicked in and pushed the clone back off balance. A quick Force Pull brought him closer before Shadow brought his blade down on the clone's neck and decapitated him.

The attendant rushed back in. Shadow put away his saber, turned to face him, and said, "39 seconds. Most impressive. The Jedi will be overwhelmed by this elite fighting force. How many of these soldiers are prepared?"
"Two million, sir." Shadow grinned.

"Excellent. I want them sent to the Jedi Academy battleground at 0600 Coruscant time. Meanwhile, I have a personal agenda to follow. There will be no one to stop us this time!"

---------------------

How's that? Good? I was typing for over 2 hours, but then my system crashed, and I had to start over. I was getting impatient, so I shortened it a lot. Note that "39 seconds" was the winning time at the JKII Gateway Challenge.
Shadow Angel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 06:44 AM   #57
Reb Starblazer
For Pony!

Another try

Warning*** Extreme long post alert *** Reader discretion is advised.

"Ice leader to Ice Three, come in Ice three."

"Ice leader, this is Ice three, Starblazer here"

"Starblazer, I'm taking Exterminator, WhiteDragon and Camus, and we'll be attacking from the north. You take Kordkelly, Darth Knight and s0ulbilhtr and attack from the south. We'll box in the remaining AT's, and then hit them harder than a Catharian moustrap." Captain Dissectional said.

"Agreed" Said Reb into his comm unit. "This is Ice three, Kordkelly, Darth Knight, Camus, you heard the man, form up into flight pattern Tango Echo niner. Time to play 'Hammer and Anvil'."

"Roger" the others all said at the same time.

The plan worked perfectly. While neither side had truly won the battle, Ice Squadron definetly had the upper hand.

"Whhooohoooooo" Darth Knight yelled as another AT-AT toppled to the ground. "Just like Shaak tipping" He exclaimed.

"I wouldn't know" Reb responded "My youth was wasted learning the Sith arts. I never had time to for anything fun like Shaak tipping" Reb finished as he made a run against the downed AT-AT, shooting it's vunerable neck. The AT-AT exploded into a ball of flames.

"HEY! NO FAIR" Yelled Darth Knight. " That was my kill" he responded more quietly this time.

"Alright, alright. The next one's yours" Reb laughed into the comm.

"Wait a minute" Kordkelly said over the comm. "You're a sith? What? Did I miss something here?"

"Yea, fill us in Leftenant" replied Camus

"Yea, I'm a Sith. Or at least, I was. I came to Obi-Wan's academy to find peace, I didn't want to fight anymore. I was tired of it all." Reb said. An AT-ST burst into flames to his left. "Nice shot Darth Knight. Obi-wan accepted me into his academy, as a shuttle pilot. It was a job where I wouldn't have to use the Force. That way, no one would really notice I was using the Dark Side. I have no connection to the Light Side of the Force. That doesn't make me evil, I just can't do it. Try to understand that this doesn't change who I am to you guys, or to this academy."

"We understand Leftenant. Don't worry." replied s0ulblihtr

"Alright, now, back to it." Said Reb as KordKelly attached the tow cable to an AT-AT's leg, Reb began to fly around the AT-AT, trying to trip it. "Just one more pass, one more pass" BAM! The speeder shook around him. " I'm hit, I'm hit! " Reb yelled. The sudden shock cause the tow line to become unattached as well.

"Is it bad? You gonna make it?" Asked WhiteDragon

"I'll be alright for now. But we can't take much more of this punishment. Concentrate on taking down those AT-AT's, they've got the most firepower."

"Good idea Leftenant. I agree. Alright Ice Squadron, move out"
Said Dissectional over the comm.

Two more AT-AT's were taken down, including the one Reb originally tried for. But now, the AT-ST's were becoming a problem. They were taking potshots at the speeders while they were tying up the AT-AT's.

" Starblazer, you and Whitedragon finish off those AT-AT's, the rest of us will start working on those chicken walkers.

"Roger that sir" Replied both Reb and Whitedragon, as the others took off to engage the enemy. Reb moved into position, ready to make a run against an AT-ST.

"Cover me Whitedragon." Reb ordered.

"Already on it sir." Replied Whitedragon cheerily.

The cord attached to the leg of the AT-AT, and Reb began circling around, attempting to tie it up. He had completed one pass around when...

"REB LOOK OU..." Whitedragon yelled into his comm as a stray bolt from an AT-ST connected with Reb's speeder. The speeder, began to spiral out of control, and Reb pulled tightly on the flight stick.

"This is Ice Three, I've been hit bad and I'm going down. I repeat, I'm going down. I'm going to try and get to the mountains in Tangu sector, at least that way we'll be out of the battlezone."

"Roger that Starblazer. Don't you go dying on us now, hear me?"
Dissectional said.

Reb couldn't help but smile despite the fact that he was quickly losing control of the speeder and approaching the ground.." Roger that sir. I'll take that as an order. Try not to get in too much trouble without me, and may the Force be with you."

"May the Force be with you too." Said Dissectional, the last transmission Reb would get before he hit the ground.

"Ohhhh..." Reb said aloud " this is gonna hurt

Well Darklighter, you asked for a story about Ice Squadron, and here it is. I hope none of you mind that I used your names in my post, and I hope I didn't write you guys too out of character

Old 07-21-2002, 06:58 AM   #58
Shadow Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by Darklighter
"It was foolish of you to come here, Darklighter" as he turned around slowly, the figure was in full view, standing at the entrane through which he had come. "You are only delaying your iminent death." It was Shadow Angel, Darth Dominance, Divine Spirit's sith lord companion. He was tall, his thick, long cloak pitch dark, his hood covering his face.

"You cannot win" he said in a low, foreboding voice that shattered the silence.

"We will see" came Darklighter's response. "You may have power, but you lack the spirit of a Jedi. You cannot foresee your victory while we are still alive, Shadow" his voice now deep, he was circling around shadow, his hand inches away from his saber hilt.

"You speak as if there is still hope left for your kind" he replied menacingly. "We will see if you are right, Admiral" he began to close in on Darklighter, they were both walking to confront each other. "You know you will not win this battle. The darkside is the only way out. Join us Tidus. You know it is the only option."

"The only option if you are weak enough to give in!" he shouted, as the tension mounted Shadow's face was grim and smirkless.

"Fool!!" he quickly drew his lightsaber. In a split second he leapt into the air towards Darklighter, his brandished red saber gleaming with malice. Darklighter was too quick. Before the saber could strike him, his orange-white saber was drawn to block the attack. They locked, Shadow's teeth gritted together, Darklighter's eyes glaring beneath his low brow. Shadow flung himself backwards to land on the ground a few metres away.

He ran at Tidus again, swiping to his left. He parried the attack, and ducked to avoid the next swipe across his head. Darklighter spun, circling in the air just in time to avoid Shadow's deadly upercut. He landed, and they faced each other again. Full of anger, Shadow ran at him, his blade high above his head, ready to strike. This he did not foresee. As he brought hi ssaber down as he ran, Darklighter dodged to the side. Everything moved in slow motion. Shadow ran passed and missed, and Darklighter brought his saber down upon his back.

With a cry he fell. "Curse you, and your Academy!" he yelped. The shuttle was just in time. It cruised overhead, guns ready, firing at Darklighter. he dodged them and dived behind the bunker out of view. Shadow crawled to his feet, and the shuttle ramp lowered.

"We will meet again!" He cried, as he climbed aboard the caft, injured and limping. Darklighter knew this was only the beginning. He would have to face him again, but not yet. Holstering his saber, he climbed aboard the speeder bike, and raced back to his comrades.
Whoa, guys, this thing has grown huge since I was gone. Nice story, Darklighter, but I kinda wanted establish my character first (I'm sort of a cross between Darth Vader and Tyranus). Oh, well. Let's see here.......

--------------------------------------------------------

The Shadow Angel's shuttle quickly docked into his Super Star Destroyer in orbit around the planet. As the ramp lowered, the usual procedure of stormtroopers marching in formation around the craft took form, a bit hastily. Admiral Jericho, commander of the SSD Black Phoenix, rushed to greet the Dark Lord. To his shock, Shadow Angel's robes were tattered and torn, and he looked exhausted. As he limped out of the shuttle, Jericho said:

"L-L-Lord Dominance.... back so soon--"
"You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. My confrontation with Master Darklighter has turned with unexpected results. Now, if will excuse me, I will retreat to my quarters. I do not wish to be interrupted!"
And with that, Lord Dominance stomped off to his meditation chamber.

-----------------------------------------------

Upon entering, Shadow immediately removed his damaged Sith robes, revealing his buff, built torso, marred only by the immense scar on his back. But most disturbing, there was no blood. In it's place, was a myriad of tristed wires and metal. His arms, from the elow to the fingers, were also metallic, polished in chrome. The Shadow Angel did indeed rise from the ashes.... as a cyborg!
No matter, thought the young Dark Lord. A mere lightsaber wound cannot stop me from my hatred, my quest for vengeance.

My thirst for blood.

<All in good time, my young apprentice.> The Dark Lord raised his head towards the ceiling. "Master?"
<Yes, it is I, Divine Spirit. I have had to retreat from the Jedi forces, but my plans have not yet failed. You will go to my secret cloning laboratories on [censored! I can't tell you! But for story purposes I will call it Volcanic Cloning Planet.] The coordinates will be beamed to you shortly. There, you are to perform an inspection and certify them as ready for battle. You will be most impressed, I assure you.>

"As you wish, my Master." And with that, Lord Dominance rose from his seat. The scar that was once on his back was no more. It had completely healed. He opened a compartment in the wall on his chamber (the closet) and changed.

The cocoon of the chamber opened. What emerged, was a figure of terror, yet also resembling an icon of ultimate coolness. Donned in a leather trenchcoat, the Dark Lord ran his metallic claw fingers through his long, electric blue hair. His equally shiny, metal boots boomed across the polished floor. He approached Admiral Jericho.

"Admiral, prepare my personal craft at once. I will depart for [Volcanic Clong Planet]... alone!"

----------

What do you think? Good?
Shadow Angel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 07:00 AM   #59
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

....... Obi-wan! no!........................Move move move!..................... we cannot escape, we must surrender......................You are beaten.................

Obi-wan heard the different voices, all combined into one gargle of nonsense, and he didn't understand why he heard such things. He awoke from his coma, and sat up in a small interogation cell.

"HE's awake. Inform the emporer." Obi heard a man say.

Obi-wan looked around at the small room he was in. It was grey, and had only one door. His lightsaber was missing, which didn't surprise him much. After a few moments, The emporer and 4 Troops walked in, with black interogation droids.

"Now, we will find out all we need to know of your weak academy." The emporer said.

"What makes you think I will tell you anything?" Obi-wan asked.

"The truth serum was made by my top scientist, and is proven 100% to work. You will tell us what we want to know, whether you like it or not, and then, you will die. Along with your freinds." The emporer said, followed by a laugh.

The balck droid drifted closer to Obi-wan, with the needle sticking out, and it pierced his skin. Pain ran through Obi-wan's entire body, but he didn't show it.

"You are in pain. And I sense your hate building inside you. Your anger can be a powerful ally, obi-wan kenobi." The emporer said.

"I control my anger, it does not control me." Obi13 replied.

"In time, you will be dead. Your freinds beside you. You do not matter to me." The Emporer said.

"That's what you think. I am a threat to you, and you are afraid of me. " Obi-wan said.

There was a blank look on the emporer's face, as he gritted his teeth, and shot Obi-wan with lightning.

Obi-wan fell to the ground, and was trying to wear off the shock, but now the drugs where kicking in. The EMporer laughed.

Obi-wan layed in his cell, staring at the cieling, and meditating the best of his ability. A guard walked in the room.

"It's time. Come with me. NOW!" the guard said, as obi-wan nodded and stood, and walked as best he could out of the door to his death.

He looked desperatly around, to find an escape, but found nothing. He walked down the hall, the guard behind him, gun drawn. Obi-wan looked onto a nearby table, and saw an oxygen mask. He then acted like he tripped, and landed on the table. He quickly grabbed the mask, and tucked it into his robe.

"Sorry. The drugs still have an affect on me." OBi-wan said, and the guard nodded.

They continued to walk down the hall to an air lock.

"Get in." The guard said.

"Very well." Obi-wan said, as he took a step, turned, and knocked the guard flat on his back with the mask.

"Sorry about that." Obi-wan said, as he pulled the stormtroopers body away, and took his armor and blaster.

to be continued........

Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 07-21-2002, 07:11 AM   #60
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

Dath Maximus slowly walked around the empty training hall, lightsaber drawn stretching out with the force to find his leathel opponent.
"You prepared to finish this fight Old man?" a voice echoed.
"of course i am, but you will find my power is greatly more than yours." he calmly replied.

Ducking before thinking Maximus narrowly missed a lightsaber being swung at him. jumping and slashing outward he once again regaind control of his environment.
The two blades clashed with a spark of light. Spinning and twrilling around the room, the two warriors used the force to propel all around them.
"it ends now!!" cried the sith raising his lightsaber high.
"yes it does" maximus said softly cutting down his assailent.

Standing over the dead body of his attacker Maximus sensed a stormtrooper nearby.
Using a mind trick on the hapless minion he persuaded him to take him to obi-wan13's location.

Old 07-21-2002, 07:24 AM   #61
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

ohh thats nice obi im trying to tie into your characters location and you leave now im gonna be stuck with the emperor

Old 07-21-2002, 07:28 AM   #62
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

why did my last post go under one i already did and not at the end of the posts themselves

so as i said:
Nice job obi, i was trying to get my story with yours and you leave me with the emporer

Old 07-21-2002, 07:29 AM   #63
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

That was great Reb. Really, really good stuff. I have more though:

After the last battle Darklighter was quite shaken up. Shadow had been a worthy adversary, and he was only in training...after 15 years of mastering these skills, he could feel Shadow's power and anger. It overwhelmed him.

The dark side really is strong he thought to himself, as he climbed towards the speeder. What if they are stronger? What will we do? It was not good to dwell on these thoughts, and with a shrug he banished the idea from his memory.

As he was just about to start the bike engines, voices could be heard, a couple of hundred meters beyond the entrance to the opening. Darklighter jumped off and crept with unheard stealth to the small forest patch near to where the voices were coming from, and ducked out of view. As he crept ever so closer, he caught a glimpse of a band of troopers, with an officer breifing them on the situation.

"We have word" the officer began again, "that there is a break in the Academy's defense." Darklighter drew closer and listened intently.

"The Emperor has informed me that there is a gap in the sheild. A precise hit will knock out the sheild generator. When this happens the Academy will be free of defene, and the bombers can begin their attack. Understood? Now move!" On his command the soldiers darted round the back of the forest patch into the opening.

To his amazement, hidden behind thebunker area, Daklighter saw, was a huge landing site, with ties stationed everywhere. He could have attempted to take them on, but even with his skill, he would be no match against two dozen blaster pistols. He watched the ties take off, the officer climbed aboard an interceptor, it cast a great black shadow as the merciless killing machine thundered overhead.

"Admiral Darklighter? Admiral come in!" a muffled voice came from the comlink on his belt. He grabbed and answered it immediately.

"Yes, I am here."

"Admiral, you must come back at once. The troops have made it into the hanger bay, and we have only just caught sight of Ice Squadron. There is one speeder missing!" the voice was that of a frightened Greedo.

Immediately Darklighter ran to the opening entrance and pulled out his small scanner binoculars. Quickly darting from one side of the large open plain to another, towards the mountain region, Darklighter spotted a crashed speeder. A figure had emerged and was now walking towards the mountainous regoin before him.

"I see it" he said down the com. The figure was dressed in dark cloak - it was Reb for sure.

"I'll meet you back there" he said again.

"Hurry Admiral, we need you now!" on that note, he jumped on the speeder and rode off towards the Academy.

Old 07-21-2002, 07:35 AM   #64
Dath Maximus
Muad'dib

am i the only one who seems to be messed up on this place???

ive posted 2 times already and they go under my last post and not at the end of the thread.

Old 07-21-2002, 08:02 AM   #65
Reb Starblazer
For Pony!

Well, I believe it's the Sith Academy's turn to post. However, if no one does soon, I'll put up another part. I'll more than likely just edit this post.

Coming soon: Into the Dark
Soon to be seen in fine "Academy Wars" threads everywhere.
Oh wait, there's only this one...

BTW, nice story Darklighter. Your reference of me worked perfectly, and I'm going to try to find a way to connect my post to yours.

Old 07-21-2002, 08:17 AM   #66
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

Darth Talliusc crouched in a dark chamber, he knew the droids would be upon him soon and he had yet to find the lightsaber his master had hidden in the temple grounds. BOOM! a missile launcher shot was fired, Talliusc knew he didnt have much time to get out of the way, he leaped through a nearby window and landed in a garden of zworrip bushes. trying to be as quiet as possible Talliusc crept along the garden edge towards a gatehouse, "my master Divine Spirit is wise and would not let this challenge be easy" thought Talliusc.

moments later on the gatehouse roof Talliusc spotted his lightsaber, its beutiful matte black handle glinted in the moonlight on a nearby pedestal. gathering his rage Talliusc leaped high and far along the grounds "the lightsaber is within my grasp, soon. SOON!" he thought desperately. as he approached however he realized that something was amiss. it was a trap. calling the darkside to him, Talliusc absorbed an onslaught of laser blasts from a squadron of droidekka's nearby, using his anger he called the lightsaber to his hand.... snap-HISS!!!! snap-HISS!!!! the double blade extended Talliusc knew no fear, he charged down the droids one by one and cut them to pieces. as the last droid blew apart Talliusc heard laughter "hahaha excellent my young apprentice, you have done well. the jedi will be no match for you".
"thank you master, i live only to serve" replied Talliusc
"soon when the jedi have committed against our feint attacks, we will launch our true strike, and none shall be left alive" laughing again Divine Spirit seemed to collaesce, and.... dissappear as if he was one with the darkness.

The shroud of the dark emperor Divine Spirit has fallen.

*~*Master in the Sith Academy*~*

walk into the light and you are blinded.

walk away from the light and your path is illuminated.

I answer the call of frostmourne alone.

it hungers.
Darth Talliusc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2002, 08:19 AM   #67
Divine Spirit
Stoked!

Quote:
Originally posted by Reb Starblazer
Well, I believe it's the Sith Academy's turn to post. However, if no one does soon, I'll put up another part. I'll more than likely just edit this post.
I would post but im still enjoying obi-wan13's story!

Keep the good stories comin' guys!

Back in Black
Old 07-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #68
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Reb, do you want to carry on your story? I would carry on mine but I posted my like last. So, does anyone else want to carry on? I'm not sure when Obi-wan will get here you see...

Old 07-21-2002, 08:37 AM   #69
Reb Starblazer
For Pony!

Another extremly long post by me. Who'd have thunk it? Hope you enjoy Talliusc. You too Divine.

Reb Starblazer awoke to every nerve in his being screaming out in pain. He pushed open the ****pit of the Speeder, and stood up. He turned around to check on his gunner, Kordkelly, and was surprised to find him gone. "Perhaps he woke up before I did and is already outside. Rather unlikely, but possible" he thought to himself. He stepped onto the speeders wing, and was surprised at how warm it actually was here. It was probably just below freezing temperature, so his jumpsuit was more than warm enough. "Well at least I won't freeze to death." He thought as he jumped down into the snow. That was when he noticed a man in dark robes standing there, staring at him. Reb's hand instinctively went for his Lightsabre, only to find it missing.

"Don't worry, I mean you no harm. Yet. I've come to make you an offer, on behalf of my emperor. I am Dark Talliusc, of the Sith Academy." The pale faced man said, lifting his hand to show Reb's Lightsabre in his possesion.

"I have no interests in offers from Sith. I know you're kind." Replied Reb.

"Indeed. And so you should for you are our kind. I can feel the Dark Side rolling off you. You know that you'll never truly fit in here. You don't belong, not with them" He answered, the last word rolled of his tongue with spite, the blood red tears, tattoed below his eyes, seemed to glow with hate.

"No, I don't. I truly don't know where I belong..." Said Reb, as an evil smile spread across Talliusc's face. "But I know where I stand." Reb continued, and Talliusc's smile faded.

" Then you stand on the path to destruction. You, and every Jedi that cowers before us, will die. It is your destiny as it is our destiny to rule." Talliusc said, his voice rising.

"Everyone dies eventually Sith" Reb spat out the last word with contempt. "But not everyone is lucky enough to die for what they believe in. As for my destiny ... I make my own." Reb finished, reaching behind his back for the blaster that he always kept there, attached to the belt of his flight suit.

"Not so fast Traitor." Said Talluisc as he stepped aside, revealing Kordkelly, legs and arms tied, laying on the ground. "I thought something like this would happen, so I planned ahead." He continued. Reb stopped his reach for the blaster, and brought his hand out somewhat, but still close enough to grab it if necessary.
"Oh how pathetically Jedi-like of you. Now then, I suggest you reconsider my offer. I may let him live."

"Don't do it Reb, you know he'll kill us both" Yelled Kordkelly

"Quiet Jedi, or I shall kill you right now. Your time is running out Starblazer. As is his."

"My name, is Darth Malice. And you shall soon see why" Said Reb, grabbing his blaster and firing a few shots at Talliusc while he dived behind a snowbank for cover. Talliusc's red Lightsabre snapped to life, and he deflected all the blasts. Reb hoped to draw Talliusc's attention long enough for Kordkelly to get away. Unfortunately, things do not always go to plan.

"Come out Traitor. Or your treachery will be paid for with his blood." Talliusc yelled. Reb knew that he had no choice. He stepped out from behind the bank, dropped the blaster and raised his hands. "Ah good." Talliusc said. "Now you can watch him die" Talliusc picked Kordkelly up by the hair, and Reb stared in horror as a red blade pierced through Kordkelly's chest, passing directly through his heart.

"No!" Reb yelled. "He was an innocent bystander, your quarrel is with me. Why?

"Because you couldn't" Talliusc said calmy as he extinguished his blade. Kordkelly's limp body dropped to the ground. Reb could feel the life drain out of him, becoming one with the Force. "So, what is your answer?"

"The same as it was before. I live my life as a warrior, and I am not afraid to die as one." answered Reb, as he started walking towards Talliusc.

"And what is a warrior without weapons?" Mocked Talliusc, begining a slow stride towards Reb. The two were about 5 feet apart when Reb spoke.

"A warrior still." Reb said, as he jumped into the air and connected with a surprise dropkick to Talliusc's chest, sending him, as well as his and Reb's Lightsabre into the air. Reb was on his feet first, and he rushed at Talliusc, tackling him to the ground. But Talliusc, grabbed Reb's flightsuit, rolled to his back, and threw him over him. Both got up at the same time. Reb and Talluisc faced each other, circling, waiting for the other to make the first move. Talluisc never was one for patience. He threw a punch at Reb, to have it blocked, and blocked one of Reb's in turn. He then spun on his heels, and shoulder threw Reb to the ground. Talliusc raised his foot to stomp on Reb's forehead, but Reb rolled to the side onto his stomach and caught Talliusc with a donkey kick to the face, knocking him on his back. Reb stood up slowly, while Talliusc kickflipped himself up off the ground. Talliusc's eyes shifted, and Reb knew what he was looking at. Talliusc used the force to call his Lightsabre to him, and ignited it. Reb, still unsure as to where his was, backed away, hoping to aviod the deadly strike of the lightsabre. Then he saw it. He saw his Lightsabre a few feet away on the ground. He jumped over Talliusc's swing, and rolled, picking his lightsabre up as he went.
He ignited it and turned around in time to block Talliusc's crimson blade with his own light blue. The two fought, blocks and parries abound, until their sabers locked. They pushed against each other, and neither gained leeway, and they split apart. Talliusc, then iginited a second crimson blade, an evil grin crossing his face. Then Reb activated his second blade, a forest green.
" Well met Starblazer "
"Don't call me that. You have even less right to speak that name then I do." Reb charged at Talliusc, spinning his lightsabre, a barrage of colours, creating a shifting circle of blue and green. Talliusc blocked Reb, and twisted his Lightsabre, hoping to catch Reb in the ribs. But Reb pushed off his inital swing and parried Talliusc's newest attack. Red met blue and green as the two dark siders battled, neither giving way to the other. Then, Talliusc saw his opening. He swung high, and brought his lightsabre down, hoping to catch Reb unaware. Instead, Reb leapt back, but Talliuscs blade cut through his sabre, splitting it into two. Reb, then took one of his sabres, and swiped at Talliusc, but caught his handle and split it. Now, both combatents were armed with two lightsabres. Blade met blade met blade over and over again, never relenting, never resting. Reb attacked low, and Talliusc high, as they simultaineously blocked each other. They each saw their chance. Reb, brought his left hand up, slicing Talliusc's right arm off at the elbow, while Talliusc brought his left blade down, slicing off Reb's right leg below the kneecap. Both fell backwards, lying on the ground in pain. In the process, Reb dropped both of his lightsabres, one of them tumbled down the icy hill. Talliusc stood, holding his right arm, now just a stump.
"You will pay dearly for that traitor. You will pay with your life."
He started walking towards Reb, lying on the ground, almost defenseless. " Don't judge yourself the winner before the deathblow is dealt." Reb retorted.
Talliusc laughed, a disturing sound. "Oh please. Look at you, you have no weapons, you can't even walk. What could you possibly do against me?"
Reb strecthed out with the Force, finding his remaining lightsabre, and used the Force to move it.
"Improvise" Reb stated coldy. With that, Reb's lightsabre sprang into the air and ignited. It flew toward Talliusc, and pierced right through his heart, the same as Talliusc's had earlier done to Kordkelly.
"No" Was all he could whisper, as he staggered towards Reb, crimson blade now ignited. He raised his blade over his head, and fell, right on top of Reb, the blade cutting Reb in half, from the top of his head down.

"NO!" Reb yelled as he awoke with a start. It was all a dream. A dream. Or was it a vision? A vision of things to come? His destiny. "No" Reb thought to himself, " I make my own destiny "
Reb quickly opened the ****pit and stood up,ignoring his aching body. He turned, relieved to find Kordkelly there, and still alive. He took off his flight suit, wearing the dark tunic and pants that were underneath. He took his cloak, and made sure his Lightsabre was on his belt. He picked Kordkelly up, and placed him over his shoulder. "You're not dieing today, not as long as I can help it" Reb said. With that, he started his long walk back to base, as a TIE Interceptor flew overhead.

So, how was that? I hope I put your character to good use Talliusc. And I hope I made him evil enough for your liking
Just in case you're wondering, I put that TIE Interceptor in there in order to "tie" in with Darklighter's post. Get it, tie? Sheesh, tough crowd As for why I like long, person oriented posts. Well, that's what Star Wars is all about. It's about one person's contribution in the grand scheme of things, showing that one person can make a difference, no matter who they are. As for the continuing tales of Reb Starblazer, if you think this was harsh, wait til you see my next post. But that'll be tomorrow. Sometime late tommorrow as I have to work from 9am to 6pm. I look forward to seeing how much this thread changes. BTW, please don't do anything too significant with my character while I'm gone. I have plans, yes, BIG plans for Reb. *Rub's hands together evilly* Well, everyone except Talliusc, he has permission.

Last edited by Reb Starblazer; 01-07-2003 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:40 AM   #70
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

He awoke with a start, he flailed out and immediately wished he hadnt, there was a horrible pain all along the outside of his skin, and it felt as if his very bones would burst if he moved again. agony, perfect agony. he looked around and tried to figure out where he was, he was floating upright in a bacta tank in a dark room. little else could be seen. "strange" he thought, most medical centers are brighter then this. his head started to burst with questions: "how did i get here?" "how am i going to get out?" "am i a prisoner of war?". that last thought jarred his memory, war. yes there was a war going on, but he had not been captured, no he would die before be captured, and the enemy wouldnt likely leave him in a room unguarded if they had managed to capture him anyway.
what had happened to him? he tried to think of his most recent clear memory... yes, he had been part of the assault on the jedi complex. he hadnt actually fought anyone, or had he? slowly his memory eased back into him and showed him what he had forgotten. he had commanded a section of the invading army's assault and had been angry that he was forbidden to cleave jedi. his master had wanted him there as an observer and director, not a frontline soldier.
it was all coming back now, he had watched as a speeder crashed into the ground near his position. there was something special about this speeder, YES. it was the speeder of Reb Starblazer. perhaps, thought the man, i can do my masters bidding sooner than i thought. he reached out with the force and found the unconscious form of Reb, "yes, this will please my master greatly if he can be turned". he connected his very soul to that of Reb, and came to him as if in a dream, to Reb it must have seemed as if this was actually happening.
"excellent" he said to himself allowing himself a small smile as he worked himself farther into Reb's mind. he manipulated Reb's thoughts, "hmm, this ones mental defenses are more complex than most jedi, no matter he is unconscious and should pose no problem".
"Don't worry, I mean you no harm. Yet. I've come to make you an offer, on behalf of my emporer. I am Dark Talliusc, of the Sith Academy." The pale faced man said, lifting his hand to show Reb's Lightsabre in his possesion.
"I have no interests in offers from Sith. I know you're kind." Replied Reb. "Patience, Talliusc scolded himself, he will bend, if not break"
"Indeed. And so you should for you are our kind. I can feel the Dark Side rolling off you. You know that you'll never truly fit in here. You don't belong, not with them" He answered, the last word rolled of his tongue with spite, the blood red tears, tattoed below his eyes, seemed to glow with hate.
"No, I don't. I truly don't know where I belong..." Said Reb, as an evil smile spread across Talliusc's face. "But I know where I stand." Reb continued, and Talliusc's smile faded,
"NO, Talliusc thought to himself, he is unconscious there is no way that he can resist me" he felt the anger swell up in him, but tried to make him appear serene to Reb.
Talliusc tried to convince Reb, but his will was iron."Then you stand on the path to destruction" Talliusc added. "You, and every Jedi that cowers before us, will die. It is your destiny as it is our destiny to rule." Talliusc said, his voice rising.
Reb was having none of this, thinking quickly with his sith mind Talliusc conjured an image into Reb's brain, he showed him his copilot on the ground, at Talliusc's mercy.
over the next few moments Talliusc got more and more discouraged, and more angry as well. "why isnt he bending knee?" thought Talliusc, "he should be groveling for my masters aid by now!".
They began to fight. Reb shouldnt be any match for a sithlord in a dreamscape that the sith controls. but alas, this Reb was not normal at all, indeed his mind was one of the most powerful of the jedi, that is why Talliusc was sent to turn him. as the fight drew to a conclusion Talliusc was surprised to see his arm chopped off, in a fit of rage he severed Reb's leg. "it is done, Talliusc thought, he cannot defy me anymore"
he slowly sauntered over to where Reb lay, and was shortly impaled by his lightsaber. "NOOOO!!!" this could not happen, before Reb could manage anything else Talliusc cleaved him in half and severed his mental connection.
"i have failed, and made the jedi stronger for it." he muttered to himself
"CAPTAIN" he yelled "get us out of here, were going back to Coruscant".

the rest of his memory was still hazy, if the battle was not real then how did Talliusc get so badly burned? and why was he in a bacta tank? he then saw an image through the bacta, a cloaked figure, an imposing visage even through the bacta... Divine Spirit had come to check on his apprentice. and the final memories clicked into place.
when Talliusc had reported his failure to turn the Jedi, the dark emperor had punished him, before Talliusc could even register that an attack was coming he was enveloped in sith lightning.
"YOU WILL NOT FAIL ME AGAIN DARTH TALLIUSC!" he spoke the words softly yet they rang in Talliuscs head, his master was not forgiving.
quickly his mind snapped back to the present, he raised himself out of the bacta tank as his master stood before him. "Have you learned your lesson Darth Talliusc?"
"Yes master, i will not fail you or the order again." even as he spoke he felt terrified, facing an army of jedi would be immensely more pleasant than seeing his master displeased again.

a silence hung in the air while Talliusc waited for his master to continue.

"very well, im sending you on another mission, you will travel to the system of Kessel and see that its spice mines step up production" his master paused then, "oh and fashion yourself a new lightsaber ive disposed of your old one. Do not fail again Lord Talliusc" he then left, collaescing into the night once more.

The ride to kessel was long but it allowed Talliusc to make himself a new weapon, "the jedi wont know what to do when they see this coming" he smiled to himself and thought of what he would do next time he met that cursed Starblazer.

so what do you think? sorry about stealing some of your stuff Reb, i just read your amazing story and had to continue it from another perspective. we should continue this rivalry of ours when you return from work tomorrow.

it hungers.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:42 AM   #71
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

After riding on the bike for a while, Darklighter was drawing nearer to the Academy. He could see the hanger loom into view over the hill as he descended. But as he came over the ridge, he had to swurve aside to dodge the pile of rubble left from the attack before. A stray piece of metal struck the left engine. It spun out of control, toppling him off the bike and hitting him hard on the ground. He looked up just in time to see his bike crash in into the remains of a turret a hundred feet away.

"Dammit!" He shouted to himself. "Looks like I'm going the rest on foot then." As he raised to his feet, Darklighter began to glimpse the sheer horror of what was happening. About him lay the remains of the battle. Huge metal structures obliterated by wespons of destruction. All about the plane in which he stood lay remains of the Emperor's walkers, taken out by Ice Squadron only hours ago. The smoke still rose from the burning engines, the soot black as night against the dark blue midnight sky. He began to walk slowly, facing toward the Academy. It was still far away.

He hadn't gone ten steps before hearing a groan of agony to his left. He stopped and looked at the heap of machinery which it came from.

"Arrrrggghh!!" came the groan again. Darklighter raced to lift the heavy metal, revealing a figure pinned down underneath.

"XERXES!" yelled Darklighter, as he saw his Jedi comrade.

"Admiral!" came his desperate response. "Boy, am I glad to see you"

"Don't speak...I'll see what I can do" said Darklighter, as he spotted the wound in XERXES' side. It was a large gash, about a few inches wide. "I can help" he said again. XERXES stayed calm, as Darklighter placed his hand over the wound. With the power of the force, he managed to heal it a little.

"Hang on" he said to him caringly.

"They took him!" said XERXES desperately in a deep breath. "Agen, they took him! To a bunker a few leagues to the west. You have to hurray.

Removing his comlink from his belt, Darklighter proceeded to contact the Academy base. "We read you Admiral " said the voice of Greedo no the other end. "Bring ground forces to pick up XERXES. He is injured at the site of the furthest AT-AT from the Adademy. Hurry! I ned to make my way back to the Academy."

"But..." Greedo's reply was cut short. Darklighter leant down again. "Just hang on. They'll be here soon."

"Good luck" said XERXES smiling. "May the force be with you."

Darklighter nodded, and headed towards the Academy. You could sense the presence of his Master, and needed to hurray. There was much to talk about.

Last edited by Darklighter; 07-22-2002 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #72
Divine Spirit
Stoked!

Very good story Darth Talliusc....its good to see an apprentice coming along nicely

u may want to edit ur sig a bit:
Quote:
The shroud of the dark emperor Diving Spirit has fallen.

oh yeah, dont forget to check out the Sith Academy website!
Do you dare to enter?

Back in Black
Old 07-21-2002, 08:56 AM   #73
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Obi-wan walked down the hallway, and Saluted the officers as they walked by. He had to find a way to get out of here, and fast.

HE didn't want to ask anyone, that would seem too suspicious. He desided the best thing to do was to roam the hsip, and search for the hanger bay with the force.

The emporer knows I'm still alive he thought. I must leave quickly.

About an hour later, he found the hangar. The guard walked up to him and said "It's about time you got here! you where supposed to be here an hour ago! Consider yourself on report!" The man said, and walked off.

That almost made Obi-wan laugh. He walked around the hangar, and noticed he was the only one there. He found himself a prototype, hyperspace tie interceptor, and went aboard. He looked at the control room guard, and waved his hand. The guard then Walked over to a control panel, and decompressed the hangar bay. Obi-wan flew the tie interceptor out, and Looked at the control panel. He set course for the Academy, and was about to blast to hyperspace, when he got stuck in a tractor beam. A voice came in over the comm.

"Hey! YOu there! You do not have clearance to fly this ship!" It was obviously one of the officers on the bridge.

"Yes i do. Recconosance on the academy. Ask the Emporer yourself." Obi-wan said, as the tractor beam began to pul him in.

Obi-wan turned the fighter, and began to shoot at the Tractor beam. He shot many times, eventually damaging it long enough for him to escape. He then blasted to hyperspace.

"My emporer, the jedi has ecape..........." The captain fell to the ground, dead.

The emporer didn't even raise his hand, or look at him. He was so powerful, he could kill someone by just thinking of it.

The Hyperspace modified Tie Interceptor came out of Light speed, and over the academy. Obi-wan slowly guided the fighter to the academy, when a turret began to shoot at it.

"No! NO! It's General Kenobi! Cease fire! cease Fire!" Obi-wan said, but to no evail. Obi-wan Looked at damage control, and realized his comm system was down, due to the draining power of light speed.

"Stupid Imperial prototype Flyers!" Obi-wan said to himself as he tried to avoid the shots of the turret.

But one lucky blast shot the fighter down. It began turning, and hit a tree.

Several Soldeirs came to the crash, Blasters drawn.

"Hands up!" One of them shouted.

Obi-wan stood up, and removed his Trooper helmet.

"Master Kenobi? Is that you, sir? How did you get like this?!" The young LT asked, obviously confused.

"No time to explain. I must speak with Admiral Darklighter immidiatly."

to be continued.......

Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 07-21-2002, 09:12 AM   #74
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Well, I'm not sure what's happened, but the latest few posts Reb, Talliusc and I made have for some reason gone before yours Obi? I don't know what's going on!?

Old 07-21-2002, 10:29 AM   #75
Divine Spirit
Stoked!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darklighter
Well, I'm not sure what's happened, but the latest few posts Reb, Talliusc and I made have for some reason gone before yours Obi? I don't know what's going on!?
Since that new patch, new posts go in stupid places in the thread....its all to do with the time that we post them and the time that the forum 'think' theyre posted.

look at the thread called 'WTF is going on!?!?!?!'

Edit - i deleted my post which was further up in the thread, which should have been down here.

I have now posted it again. (Look one post down)

Back in Black
Old 07-21-2002, 10:32 AM   #76
Divine Spirit
Stoked!

Previously...

Divine Spirit swiped his card through the dusty terminal and the door creaked but eventually opened. It had been a long time since he last travelled in his assualt shuttle and his personal quaters had, of course, not been used since the last time he was here. As he strode into the room a strong aroma of recycled air entered his nostrils. "Lights" he called and the room was lit up. The cleaning staff had been into his room before he left the Sith Academy and had left it immaculately clean.

He walked over to the nearest relax-chair and sat down. He shut his eyes and gradually let the air out of his lungs. A smile crossed his face. A smile which twisted and became a grin. He had just captured and executed Obi-wan Kenobi and he was very satisfied. He let his mind wander into the dark side.....it felt so good. A Sith Trance was more refreshing than any shower thought Divine, as he began to relax every muscle from head to toe.

An alarm bell rang in Divine Spirit's head. "I feel distress, panick, anger" thought Divine. "What could this be?" he pondered. He let his mind reach across the ship. Every corridoor, every appartment. "There it is!......its a worthless clone regaining consciousness and feeling these emotions. But why?"though Divine. "It must be Obi-wan!" exclaimed Divine. "I sent him to the executioner over an hour ago! Divine leapt from his chair and hit the door release button in his chamber.

But just in that instance, the ship was put on red alert and sirens blared throughout the whole ship. An officer sprinted around the corner and skidded to a halt in front of Divine.

The captain bowed, "My Lord, an unidentified person is--"

"I know. Send all your troops to the hanger bay!"

"Yes My Lord" replied the captain.

Divine Spirit Force ran up to the command deck to try and regain control of the situation. He used his anger to spur him on, going ever faster with each step.

When he reached the command deck the whole room was a hive of activity. Soldiers shouting commands at one another and other shouting out reports but this commotion was cut short as the shuttle was rocked by laser beams. Divine grabbed hold of a table and he knew then that obi-wan must have got into a fighter. "Transfer energy from lasers to the tractors beams" he shouted to one of the soldiers.

"Yes my Lord" was the instant reply.

Another pummeling of shots hit the ship and there was loud explosion. After regaining his balance, the viewscreen at the front of the command deck whirred into life.

"My emporer, the jedi has ecape..........." The captain fell to the ground, dead.

The emporer didn't even raise his hand, or look at him. He was so powerful, he could kill someone by just thinking of it.

Back in Black
Old 07-22-2002, 12:42 AM   #77
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

Kessel system:
"sir! an unidentified ship has entered the system and is demanding to speak with you by order of the dark emporer." said galono on sensors.
"very well ill take it in my private chambers" said the director of kessel neimus flirk.
moments later flirk looked on at a shrouded visage, imediately he dropped to one knee. "my lord, what can the kessel system do for you today?" he said trying to impose as much sincerity into his voice as possible, truly he hated these sith.
"you will start by informing me as to why production is slowed" s
aid Darth Talliusc.
"Slowed? production? my lord the men have to get used to the mines more before production can rise again" sputtered the fat spice dealer.
"is that so? or is it possible that you have been skimming some resources off the top for your private operations? i shall be with you soon to discuss the situation" and with that the comm flickered and shut off.
"this is no good, no good at all" he flipped the comm so as it would send a direct message to stitch, his security director "director, please gather a host of soldiers and conduct our visitor to the... ehhhh, special chambers on the fifth floor, tell him i shall meet him there" and with that he flicked the comm off as rudely as the sithlord had.

on the landing platform:
" greetings visitor, if my lord would please follow me ill take you to master Flirk, this way please" the sith said nothing but followed, his mind was elsewhere or else he may have noticed the deception.
"i wonder how long these fools intend to keep me here? ill just slay the leader and be done with it, then i can return to the matter of that cursed Starblazer" Talliusc thought to himself.
Talliusc ran his hands along his two new lightsabers, he had been angered that his master had decided to dispose of his old ones, yet pleased that he was allowed the opportunity to design his own new ones. very few among the jedi would be able to steel themselves against his saber attacks, for this design was unknown to them all.
"right through there m'lord, the master is inside waiting" stitch said.
"hmm something is wrong, i sense noone in the room beyond at all.... the pitiful fools mean to destroy me" thought Talliusc. he slowly scanned the minds of all the security force present, it appeared as if the bulk of the troops didnt like the idea of killing a sith and enjoyed their service, "very well" thought Talliusc "only the leaders need be punished, the workers have waranted no punishment yet".
with a flash of his hand the stout security director was dead on the floor. none of the guardsmen moved, "admirable of them not to flinch at the death of their leader" thought Talliusc as he entered the room knowing full well of the trap beyond "clean that mess up" he called back as the door slid open "and instruct his second in command that they are now first in command by order of the Sith" no one else spoke but one man nodded so Talliusc started for the door again.
"m'lord, do not enter that room, i fear my leader means to destroy you" the man who had nodded said. "yes i know" came the reply and he was through the door.
As soon as Talliusc was through the door it slammed shut behind him and gas started to flow in through the air vents. Calmly Talliusc sat in a chair in the room and waited. a holoimage sprung up of Flirk. "as you will find that gas is quite toxic and you will not survive, i will inform your master that you must have travelled to close to the maw cluster and were sucked into the black hole, he will believe me for all you sith are reckless" said Flirk. "quiet arent we?" asked the fat director when he got no response "no you wouldnt want to waste the breath. perhaps you wonder why im telling you this? its because i want to see you DIE sith, you and your whole Academy!" with that Flirk sat back and waited. minute after minute rolled by and eventually Talliusc gasped and slipped in his chair to the floor. he made a sick hacking sound and went limp.
the pudgy director ordered his comm to send only to the security personnel monitoring the base, "watch the sith for one hour and then, if he doesnt move in that time send security director Stitch to remove the body to my personal chambers, i want to know everything about this man as possible!"
"im sorry sir" the voice came back "but Director Stitch was slain by the sithlord before he entered the room."
"damn! thats a loss, not many men in this organization are as loyal to me as Stitch, ah well inform his second in command that he leads now"
"that promotion went through 10 minutes ago sir" came the voice.
"what?" sputtered the fat man. "wretched sith muddelings." and with that once again he shut off the comm, this was not a good day.

one hour and fifteen minutes later in the directors private rooms:
"we're ready to begin the autopsy director" said lead doctor Sviddle.
"very well, you and your team may begin when ready" said Flirk
with that the team of 7 doctors started to arrange the necessary tools. two guards waited nearby in case something odd happened, you could never be too careful around sith, even dead ones!
"wait, first grab me his weapons, i want those as trophies!" said flirk.
the doctor began taking off the weapons of the dead sith, first he handed him a double bladed lightstaff that had clung to the siths back, then two curved lightsaber blades with odd ends.
"what the hell?" said Flirk. as he examined the odd blades inspiration struck him and he connected the curve handled blades together at their ends.
"strange, its almost like another doublebladed saber but it forms more of an S figure then a line. ive never seen this type of saber before... anything else?" he asked the lead doctor
"yes, these" and with that he handed him what appeared to be sharp blades that were attatched to the ends of Talliusc nuckles. "careful director, they appear to be poisoned"
"very well" replied Flirk "begin the autopsy."
slowly the doctors began removing Talliusc clothes, they left his shorts on as they were going to start in the chest. He was a pale man, all his body was a near white colour, no not white. white was too nice for this colour. this was beyond White. Talliusc was not a massive man, he was only about 5"10 with short black hair that flowed towards the sides of his head and outward. his arms were slightly above average size but not huge. they were toned as was his whole body so that it appeared as if he was flexing everything at once.
"magnificent specimen" was all the doctor could say.
after several moments of the doctor feeling his stomach and back he gave a yelp "GAHHH"
"what? what is it?" asked Flirk quickly
"director pardon me but are you sure this man is dead?" asked the doctor as he stepped backward.
"yes of course he... SECURITY TO THE DIRECTORS CHAMBERS" he screamed.
in a flash Talliusc's eyes opened and he kickflipped upright onto the table.
" they shall never arive in time Director" was all he said before he became a blur of motion.
he leaped first ontop of the guard nearest him and laid him out with a snap kick to the neck. he then twirled over the mans already dead falling body and shoved his hand into the eye socket of the second guard, a rodian. he was already in the midst of turning on the first doctor when the rodians eye was pulled free. the doctors raised their hands and were cut down all the same, the first three with punches to the throat. the next ones with snap kicks that crushed hearts. soon it was just Talliusc and the fat director.
"so this is how you treat honoured guests" said Talliusc "i thought you would simply have me shot but this way took much more guts"
finally remembering that he still held Talliusc lightsabers he ignited one "stay back" he called.
"while i have been presumed dead i have been thinking over your operation, i have come to the conclusion that kessel itself is fine, but its head needs removing" and with that the lightsaber that Flirk held turned on its wielder and cut off his head.
"how poetic" sighed Talliusc and recovered his garments and weapons. he then picked up the comm system and flicked it to send to all citizens of kessel "System of kessel, your director is dead and his security chief with him, you will vote tomorrow for your new leader and that person shall name a new security chief, all who hold allegiance to the fallen director Flirk may wish to evacuate the planet before they are killed" he flicked off the comm pleased that he had finally finished his errand here.

one day later on the landing platform:

"Thank you m'lord for deposing the former director of kessel" said newly appointed director islek.
"my task was not for you director, but the income that feeds my masters soldiers in their campaign. replied the dark lord of the sith.
"very well my lord, if i may ask though. why did you feign death when you were in the gas chamber, you could have surely defeated anyone that was sent against you" said Islek
"simple, this way only those who deserved death got it, and i was able to weed out my enemies on kessel" came back his response.
the director was about to say something else when his comm beeped "WHAT? i specifically said that i did not wish to be disturbed!" there was a muffled reply but Talliusc's sith hearing told him all he needed to know.
"lord Talliusc im afraid that a couple of-"
"i know and i go to destroy them, send none of your troops" came back the interupting reply of an angry sithlord.

5 minutes later on the south landing platform:

the people loyal to the former director had appropriated a ship for themselves and were firing at any who came near. calmly Talliusc ignited his S shaped saber construct and walked towards the vessel. it was a correllian class corvette.
blocking laser blasts left right and center Talliusc moved ever closer to the enemies ship.
"you said we would be allowed to leave!" came a startled yell from the main hold.
"no, what i said was that you may wish to leave before you were killed, you have stayed too long" and with that he deflected the most recent blast into the throat of the yeller.
"this blade is most exceptional" thought Talliusc. "i must inform my master of the new designs success. privately of course so that the jedi do not steal my invention"
it took less then 6 minutes for Talliusc to clear the entire ship of the foolish loyalists. he came last to the backmost quarters and was pleased to find 6 men and aliens huddled near the door. with his lightsaber he swiftly beheaded them all. "these fools offer little resistance" thought Talliusc "i must fight among my equals again. i must fith Reb Starblazer once more"

well there it is, the third installment in the Darth TAlliusc story. Reb we should try and come up with a good storyline that we can wright up different views on. it promises to be good fun =)

oh and sorry for the bad spelling and grammattical errors, a little tired tonight

it hungers.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:49 AM   #78
Reb Starblazer
For Pony!

Excellent job of working our posts together Talliusc. I rather like that whole, thought it was real, find out it's a dream, find out it was really a Sith induced nightmare thing As I said in my last post, Reb has a dark and winding path ahead of him. This is not going to be pretty ladies and gentleman. It deals with death( lots of it), life, finding your path, and true heroes. I even gave it a title Without further ado...

Into the Dark

The last rays of the sun had long since faded as Reb trudged along the snow covered plain, Kordkelly still unconscious over his shoulder. "He should be awake soon" he thought. Being half Zabrak came in handy sometimes, otherwise, he would probably be still unconscious too. No matter how hard he tried though, he couldn't get that dream out of his mind. He relived the moments of watching Kordkelly die, over and over. He couldn't bear the thought of losing someone under his command. "Not this time." He thought, "Not again. No one gets left behind this time" He also couldn't shake the fear. Yes, he admitted to himself. He was afraid. Afraid of taking a false step on the tightrope of his life, once again falling into the dark. He had seethed with rage as he felt his leg being dismemebered, and it was this that made him strong enough to summon the Force and strike down Talliusc. But Talliusc had his revenge and the last laugh. "It was just a dream. No more, no less" He told himself as he reached the peak of the hill he was climbing.
"By... the ... Force." Reb spoke slowly. He couldn't even comprehend what he saw before him. In the soft glow of the twin moons, Reb saw it. A battlefield, as far as the eye could see, littered with fallen imperial walkers and clones. And Reb's allies. Hundreds upon hundreds of bodies, guards and infantry alike, strewn about, never to rise again. In the distance Reb could see smoke rising from the Academy. "The hangar" Reb spoke as he feared the worst. Seeing his beloved Academy burning in the distance, his fellow members lying dead on an icy grave, was more than Reb could take. His right hand clenched, every knuckle cracking as his grip tighted. Then Reb spotted another fire, one which was of a smaller scale. "A camp" Reb realized. "But why would someone have a camp when the Academy is right there... An imperial camp." he thought. Reb stood at the peak of the hill, "The question that has plagued me has finally been answered. My destiny is not fixed, my choices are mine and mine alone." Reb lay Kordkelly down in the snow, and covered him in the thermoblanket that was in his backpack. He gripped his lightsabre tightly and stared at the base camp with slit eyes. "I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined" He broke into a run, with only the Dark side and a thirst for vengeance pushing him on. As he neared the camp, he pressed the release button on his lightsabre. It dissconnected at the centre and became two separate lightsabres. He slowed to a walk, and stealthily entered the camp. A trooper, out on night patrol, thought he heard a noise and went to investigate. He saw a shadowed form walking towards him. "Hey! You there!" shouted the trooper. "Stop! I wanna see some I.D. What's your name? The reply was simple. One word, just one word spoke countless volumes.
"Death". A snap-hiss was heard, a blue and a green streak made their way towards the trooper, sealing his fate. Reb continued into the camp, striking down anyone in his path. One clone managed to yell " Intruder " before he was permanantly silenced. This brought troops out of the bunks, brandishing their weapons, firing at the two floating streaks. "MURDERERS!" Reb yelled. Then another glow appeared, this one red, and in the shape of a humanoid. Red energies surrounded Reb's body, as a Dark Rage took over, the Dark side entering his very being. He became a multicolored whirlwind of death, deflecting blaster bolts, and then striking down those that fired them. Over and over again they fell, with more coming to replace them. This only increased Reb's fury, as he doubled his efforts. Then, all was quiet. All except the hum of two lightsabres, and Reb's heavy breathing.
They were dead, all of them. Reb suddenly felt weak, his strength leaving him following his rage. He extingiushed his lightsabres, and took deep breaths, calming himself. He looked around him, at the bodies strewn everywhere. Just like the massacre on the battlefield he had seen earlier. Except this had been his doing.
"No... what have I done? What have I done..." Reb said, staggering his way out the camp. As he reached the edge, he fell to his knees, too exhausted by his earlier rage to go any farther. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS EMPEROR!" He yelled into the night. "YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE, AND WHAT YOU'VE MADE ME DO! IT MAY NOT BE BY MY HAND, BUT YOU, WILL, PAY!" he finished as he fell to the ground weeping. And this is how Tyrion found him, lying face first in the snow.
"Reb, are you OK? Say something." said Tyrion, shaking him. Reb suddenly pushed Tyrion away.
"No, don't touch me! Stay away, I don't know what I may do to you!" he said, backing along the ground away from Tyrion.
"It's alright Reb, you're going to be just fine. We went out on foot to check your speeder, and followed your footprints. We found Kordkelly on top of the hill. He's fine, and awake now. We've recieved word that we need to head back, and also tend to XERXES. I've already sent a few troops ahead for him. We're leaving now." Said Tyrion
"No" replied Reb.
"No?"
"I said no. I'm not going. It's too dangerous for me to travel with you, I don't know what I might do. Go on without me, I need some time to think about my place in this war. I need to cotemplate my path."
"Reb, your being irrational. I know you're having some doubts, but you're a part of this Academy. You're a part of our family. Besides, you're a hero. You survived a speeder crash, saved Kordkelly's life, and defended yourself against an..." Tyrion said.
" I didn't defend myself. They didn't even know I was coming. They barely had time to prepare. I slaughtered them. I killed them, I killed them all..."
Reb interrupted, his voice faltering on the last sentence.
"You defended yourself. This is a war we're fighting Reb. And no matter what you did, taking out an entire battalion by yourself is a great accomplisment. You're a hero of this war Reb. We're all gonna be heroes. Besides, they were only clones serving the Emperor."
"No, we're not heroes Tyrion. These ..." said Reb, pointing out towards the battlefield, to the bodies he saw before." These are the heroes. The ones who died in battle for something they believed in. Us, we're just the lucky. We're teachers, we survive to tell the tale of the heroes, so that something like this never has to happen again. So that the lives of good people are never wasted. Even though they were 'only' clones, they were alive. And I stole that from them. Every lifeless body on this entire planet used to be somebody. Every one of them had a name."
"Yes, they did Reb. Ensign Kanos, Ensign Torrez, Leftenant Antilles... the list goes on. All good men who fought bravely and died under my command. I knew everyone of them, and their names are etched in my memory for as long as I live." Replied Tyrion, a sad, faraway look in his eyes.
Reb saw something in the young captains face, something he hadn't noticed before. This war had changed Tyrion, made him no longer naive and brash. He seemed much older than he really was. Tyrion had seen things that never should have been revealed to him in his young life, and that made him strong, and determined. Determined to go on, or go out, fighting. So that when the young padawans at the academy reached his age, they would not have to face the same plight as he did now. Seeing Tyrion, standing over him, offering him his hand, it gave Reb strength. But more importantly, it gave him hope. With that, Reb took his hand, and Tyrion helped him to his feet.
"Come on" Said Tyrion. "We've got an Academy to save"

I hope everyone enjoyed it. It kinda portrays my thoughts on this "war", and war in general. I'm sorry if you don't like the way I portrayed you in my story Kordkelly. I also hope you don't mind me using you in the story Tyrion. I tried to write you well and I hope you like it. I also made you someone wise beyond his years, because that's what I feel you are. I didn't really mean what I wrote in the "Why I should be a mod thread", to sound bad. I'm not ageist against you, or anything. Well, consider this my form of apology
Reb has now taken another step in his journey, but is he headed in the right direction? Find out, in the continuing tales of "The Academy Wars". DUN DUN DUN

Last edited by Reb Starblazer; 12-23-2002 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:07 AM   #79
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Reb, was that a dream of some kind?

Obi-wan walked along side several soldeirs. His limp was still with him, and it would be for the longest of times. He walked up to a man in a highly-brassed uniform, who was giving commands to another soldier. As Obi-wan walked up, the other soldier went away.

"Master! your back!" Darklighter shouted.

"Only by the will of the force, Admiral. I must construct a new lightsaber. My old one was destroyed. Also, the Imperial Star Destroyer has left this planet, and Left the forces on this planet alone, and without support. I am going to leave the next course of action to you, Admiral. I will be in my quarters, *Look at Clone uniform* removing this damned thing if you need me."

"Very well, sir. Glad to have you back. Sir, is there.....anything else you would like to share? I sense, a feeling of......fright...." Darklighter said.

"No, nothing." obi-wan replied.

"Yes there is something. Whats wrong?" Darklighter insisted, his curiousity growing.

Obi-wan sighed. "I was captured on the Star Destroyer, and they gave me a truth serum to tell me everything about the acdemy, and....."

"NO! I don't beleive you are weak enough to fall to simple drugs!" Darklighter exclaimed.

"......I didn't fall to the drugs........I resisted, and the emporer didn't get any information from me. However, The emporer is more powerful then we had thought. I engaged him in a duel,which was cut off. The thing that is troubleing me is, They are building proto-type Tie's that can jump to hyperspace. They can come without any warning, and without a mothership." Obi-wan finished.

"Damn. That's not good. I will have a few specialists gather into an assault team to take out the Production facility when it is located." Darklighter said.

Obi-wan nodded his head. "I shall retire for the day then, old freind." Obi-wan said, as he walked away, and went to his room. He removed the Trooper uniform, and Slipped into his sleeping cloths. He got comfortable in his bed, and slept.

..........Obi-wan! NO!..............MOVE! MOVE!MOVE!..................We cannot escape, we must surrender...........You are beaten.....................

The words rang in Obi-wan's head, as they had done before. Still the voices where garbled, and he couldn't make out a meaning. However, this is the second time he has heard these words, and it was up to him to find out what they meant.

To be continued..........

Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 07-22-2002, 01:24 AM   #80
Reb Starblazer
For Pony!

Well, seeing as you asked, I'll try to explain it as someone else might wonder too. The one I posted about my duel with Talliusc. That was a dream. Turns out he did it(once again, good job Talliusc. Adding another angle to this). My last post about Reb's continuing descent into the Dark side(uhh, I didn't just say that), that wasn't a dream. Reb basically goes berserk, and kills everything in his path, then realizes what he's done and can't live with the shame. Tyrion the comes along and gives him a ray of hope to cling to, and that's enough for now. Also, I put that part in about XERXES so that it would tie in with Darklighter's post.

I liked that blatant "Damn. That's not good" ripoff by the way. Then again, I ripped of Dark Rage, and also the first clones lines(had to do it, it seemed so funny for a clone in the war to say "Hey! You there!") so who am I to chastize

BTW, I'll probably just edit this and have my next chapter here. Unless of course a bunch of people post and a dirtload of stuff happens. As for now, it's 3:00 am, and I'm going to bed. More work awaits me when I wake up.

Last edited by Reb Starblazer; 07-22-2002 at 09:25 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Stories / Fan Fiction > Academy Wars: Episode 1 "Dark Academy Rising" Official Battle Thread