lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: whats with saber hilts
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-15-2002, 05:02 AM   #1
Psynex

Question Doesn't it already work?

I mean, if you look in the assets, Luke has his own saber hilt, Mace has his own, etc... They're in their own folder properly named. I think the only change you need to make is in the one character config file. You can probably set what saber hilt they use in there.
Psynex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2002, 03:19 AM   #2
sexcellent

whats with saber hilts

i mean i've seen some really cool ones... but whats the point because no matter what you do all sabers in your game are gonna have that hilt. is there a way to assign hilts to only certain characters???? like by editing part of the pk3????
sexcellent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2002, 04:32 AM   #3
funny_dude0

As far as i know there isn't any mod like that but I hope there will be one soon.
funny_dude0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2002, 04:45 AM   #4
K.O

Dest, maker of JediMod, said he's gonna try and make it so everyone can have their own hilts I heard correctly. Don't flame me or him if I'm wrong. >_<
K.O is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
funny_dude0

if the maker of jedimod does that it wouldbe kewl. It can't be too hard since in SP it allows you to have different saber hilts at one time so he probably just needs to extract some file into MP.
funny_dude0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2002, 03:55 PM   #6
delquar

NickR i belive has finished one, not realed, and i heard from his post it would be in jedimod i belive too. i have been waiting for this mod *goes to grab his saber hilt*
delquar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2002, 04:12 PM   #7
Mix_Master2k

hmmmm....would that really work? In his pack then he would have to include the available saber hilts because if someone made their own model, auto download would have to be on for that to work. Just a thought...
-Mix Master
Mix_Master2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2002, 12:29 AM   #8
Dest

I don't know if NickR did it differently but the way I am doing it the hilt files have to be changed so that the directory is not models/weapons2/saber/saber_w.glm
instead it will need to be
models/weapons2/sabername/saber_w.glm
so a hilt for vader might be
models/weapons2/vaderhilt/saber_w.glm

NickR is probably doing it the same way as me so hilt model makers may have to change the way they do the pk3's
We will probably need a little picture like models have too.
Not sure yet though. I haven't finished my hilt code and I havent talked to nickr about his yet
Dest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2002, 12:30 AM   #9
Mix_Master2k

so would we have to download the hilts on our own or would there be a package in your mod?
-Mix Master
Mix_Master2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > whats with saber hilts