Anyone else had this problem
I keep getting a stormtrooper everytime when I try to do a different example than the one in emon's tut. I fanyone can help please!!!!!!!!!
I reinstalled jedi outcast game my GTK radiant and the new 1.04 patch.
Then I extracted that new sp entities def file to the base scripts folder. Then I followed your tutorial 3 times to the letter, The only thing I did differently was use winzip instead of pakscape and I extraced the sp def file before actually getting started-Your example is working but I get the stormtrooper everytime -so I 'm convinced I'm still not extracting the models players folders right (i'm told stormtrooper is the default) but I opened assets.0pk3 with winzip sorted all the files by path I took eveything for the rodian that had the path models/players/rodian. _everythiing that was in this path i took, I believe there are several files . torso. legs, etc I extracted all of them into my models base folder- as the tut says. Then I renamed rodian to Rebornrodian. Inside my gamedata folder is a folder called New NPCs. inside it is the ex_data whicj contains the npcs.cfg and a newnpcs.npc file (and I did remove the .txt.) The newnpcs.npc looks like this:
// race klingon
But he is still coming out as a stormtrooper. Also the only way the stormtrooper example has worked for me was to put it into a .pk3 and put that in a base, the tut way of putting the New NPCs folder in the gamedata fodler will not work at all for me. I'm am still using windows 98 if that matters. I have done everything and it still does not work right for me. I have repeated these steps and the only thing I can figure is that I didnot extract the right models players folders but I lined them up by path in winzip and extracted all for the rodian.