lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Metroid: Samus Aran WIP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2004, 06:12 AM   #401
Noxrepere

Quote:
Originally posted by KMan
Well, if anyone wants to help get him in game, that'd be super. As it stands now, he has been rigged, and re-rigged.

We had tried a compile, but all of the bolts were messed up in game, so anything he held was flying all over the place. (I think. Maybe that was what was going on with Samus)
Are you saying that it's weighted to the skeleton still, and it's just the tags that are giving trouble?

If it's just the weapons that were flying around maybe the tags for those weren't weighted to the correct bone on the hands. That would be a fairly simple fix as opposed to reweighting the entire model. If the mesh is deforming properly in-game I'd double check where the tags are attached. If the tags are messed up you could just delete them all and merge in a fresh set from the original root.xsi. Maybe that would help as well.

It's definately a great model and well worth finishing if at all possible and time allows.

EDIT: By-the-way, what program are you modeling with if you don't mind saying? I'm just curious if you have access to the weighting or if someone else would have to look at it, or if you're just really busy.

Last edited by Noxrepere; 04-17-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Noxrepere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2004, 12:28 PM   #402
RJW_ca

Current Game: STAR WARS, AVP
KMAN email me!!!

he does hold weapons fine

RJW_ca

RJW_ca@hotmail.com
RJW_ca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #403
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Excellent model all around.. I just wish it had it's left hand weighted correctly... You know, the same bug Plo Koon has with duals and so on. Any chance of that getting fixed in the future? It's a blight upon a sickeningly beautiful model, honestly.

And, if I may ask, are there any plans for a Fusion Suit version?

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (JA Server: 72.5.248.212:29070)

Player tested, Valtiel approved.

Valtiel approved downloads for Meatgrinder: http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml

Last edited by Lathain Valtiel; 04-22-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > Metroid: Samus Aran WIP