lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Need Help 2 make a elevator
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-30-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
oodbnar

Need Help 2 make a elevator

Can soem1 tell me how 2 make elevators I.E the 1s on warring factions cause we have mad most of the map juts need elevators
oodbnar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #2
Karshaddii

Hope yah don't mind, Rich, as I am about to throw him the link to your excellent tut.

Here, this should help you out--if not--just say so and I will explain it the best I can:

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.co...br201lsn6.html

Today isn't your lucky day....tommorrow isn't looking good either...
Karshaddii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2002, 01:39 AM   #3
lassev
cryptoscripter

The game packet included the first SP mission and a Cairn level in a .map format. To me, personally, it was very enlightening considering also the elevators. And many other things you may also learn from those works of Raven hands (or is it claws...)

As a script tutorial (like the elevators and other) the SP map was a true gift, because you could actually see, how all those fancy scripts are placed and used in action.
lassev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2002, 04:46 AM   #4
oodbnar

Thx

Thx guys much apprestiat it
Old 07-31-2002, 12:17 PM   #5
oodbnar

Help

Can u tell me how 2 make triggers 4 the elevator
Old 07-31-2002, 04:03 PM   #6
Karshaddii

No.

Just kidding!

What do you mean exactly though...?

Today isn't your lucky day....tommorrow isn't looking good either...
Karshaddii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2002, 02:18 AM   #7
lassev
cryptoscripter

Traditional trigger means that you have to press a button to make the elevator move. Actually, it's this very trigger that launches the script. The trigger does nothing else. Yes, indeed, in Radiant the trigger is in no way connected to the func_static you use as an elevator. Well, it may alter the appearence of the func_static.

The trigger contains a trigger_multiple (if use want to surf with the elevator up and down, up and down, up and down... pardon me, got stuck like a bad script).

The triggers you make by drawing an ordinary brush, with fitting proportions in a suitable place (near the elevator). Then you select that brush and press right mouse button and select from the pop-up trigger_multiple. For convenience, texture the trigger with trigger textures in the system texture group.

But you can also place the trigger on top of you elevator with no switches, so that the elevator lauches automatically, when the poor fellow steps on it.
lassev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Need Help 2 make a elevator