lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do I add Forcefields?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-14-2002, 02:02 AM   #1
kya4life

How do I add Forcefields?

I am working on a curret level to requires a forcefield. The room that needs it is a hanger/bay.. and it has a door opening looking out into space... but i dont want people running outside into space... so i will need a force field of some sort to block it off... something tranparent so u can still see the skybox... its also a skybox that emites light... will a transparent brush effect the way it lights the bay at all?
kya4life is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2002, 02:21 AM   #2
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Use either the r_forcfield(red) shader or b_forcefield(blue) shaders. They are quite tricky to find (Use a search - unless someone can remember what directory they're under) as they are just tiny squares in the texture window and you will probably need to add lights. I am using a different shader (energy) but while you can see through it, it blocks the light from the sky shader I am using.

Monsoontide
monsoontide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2002, 06:18 AM   #3
Catscratch

Make a func_wall entity. Set "kejim/redfield1" as the shader(Texture) of it.

That's the forcefield . When you target that with something it will disappear. When you target again it will appear.

Why not using glass ?

This cat scratches free.
Catscratch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2002, 12:12 PM   #4
Shadriss

Think about that for a second, ,Cat. Would YOU build a hanger with a glass door?
There's another shader you can use as well, in the Doomgiver texture set. [Forcefield] I think it's called...

Oh, another thing Cat... You MAY want to mention that your func_wall is a SP feature - not MP. For an MP map you just construct it like you would for glass, only using a diff texture.

Shadriss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2002, 04:04 AM   #5
kya4life

so...

so no one knows if theres a forcefield that wont block skybox lights?
kya4life is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2002, 07:12 PM   #6
Shadriss

Dont think the Doomgiver one I mentioned does - It colors all my md3's orange even when hit by harch overhead lighting... kinda indicative to me. Alternately, you could always just test all of them out!

Shadriss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > How do I add Forcefields?