lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: constantly changing ideas??
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
Takeoffyouhoser

constantly changing ideas??

Any of you guys start building your map and then get a stroke of genious, and start over because you found a better theme or setting? This happens to me alot...lol....

So far my map " Great White North " has changed themes from Imperial Brewery to Imperial Prison and to my new theme, a Genetics lab i like to call Imperial Leper Colony.....

Mostly the layout of the level is similar, just the key zones I keep redefining.....

will Imperial Brewery ever be finished? The odds are 2 to the power of 276,709 to 1 against, and rising!" -- Me
Takeoffyouhoser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
Slunker

I haven't been making maps for long, but after I got ICARUS to work for me, I changed the way my theme/setting for the first level of my project looked completely! The map I'm working on right now is a mine- originally, it was fairly well-lit, slightly more industrialized than the artus_mines level. Now, it's TOTALLY different. It's much darker, mostly rock, and looks very derelict.

But I like it MUCH better. It makes more sense...

-Slinky

"The chief difference between men and women is that men forget, but never forgive, while women forgive, but never forget."
-Thom Merrilin, The Wheel of Time series
Slunker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2002, 09:46 PM   #3
Takeoffyouhoser

and you say you did alot of this with scripting????

Any manuels errrr manuals on it on the web..lol

will Imperial Brewery ever be finished? The odds are 2 to the power of 276,709 to 1 against, and rising!" -- Me
Old 08-16-2002, 09:49 PM   #4
Slunker

Uh, no, sorry to mislead you. I redid the map completely. I just mean that after I had scripting working for me, I stopped being all like, "Look, I made it work!" and more like, "Okay, how do I want this level to move?" and I ended up changing everything because my vision changed very much for the better, when I could concentrate on it.

-Slinky

"The chief difference between men and women is that men forget, but never forgive, while women forgive, but never forget."
-Thom Merrilin, The Wheel of Time series
Slunker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2002, 09:51 PM   #5
Takeoffyouhoser

No problem at all....

I know what you mean though... I do a ton of changes myself....

Old 08-16-2002, 10:19 PM   #6
SunBurN

Yeah I do too...thats partially why it's taking me soo long to finish my current map. And I still look at my first map "Jedi Hoth Academy" and see all kinds of things I would like to change and add on to it. But it gets to a point when you have to say, ok, this is good enough, I've acomplished the goals that I set out to, and then just release it and move on to the next one. You have to do that, because no matter how good you make your map, in your eyes it's never going to perfect.

"Impressive, most impressive, but you are not a jedi yet"

Current project:
http://sunburn54.tripod.com/mapping
SunBurN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #7
Shadriss

Ain't THAT the truth. I onlyhave one map on the web, but I've done several others for CLan and COuntry so to speak. Everytime I look back at the first one, I CANT BELIEVE I thought it was good enough to release... UGH!

Shadriss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > constantly changing ideas??