lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bofh Is An Idiot
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-17-2002, 12:25 PM   #1
Dest

Bofh Is An Idiot

There is a JediMod Official v1.3 up at jk2files.com, the only problem is I never made a JediMod v1.3... Judgeing by the features that were added and by some of the things that he has said in the past, I'm thinking maybe BOFH made it. He also added in a feature that kicks people and calls them an ass as soon as they join. Thats the lamest thing I've ever seen someone do.

irc.quakenet.org #jkacoding

Last edited by Dest; 08-17-2002 at 03:37 PM.
Dest is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 12:30 PM   #2
NemoX

WTF is wrong with BOFH, Is he so jealous of your talent that he has to act like a F**ING 2 year and pull off the most childish and disrespectfull stunt possible. If anyone ever deserved to be banned from the Forums it's this A**HOLE!!!!!
NemoX is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 12:37 PM   #3
ASk
No purchase necessary!

I'd rather not jump into quick conclusions. From what I saw, BOFH is busy coding for his mod....and he apologized in front of all of us for his earlier behaviour.

It may well be someone that tries to achieve the effect of "BOFH is a ***hole"

I'd say investigate it before jumping to quick conclusions
ASk is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 01:02 PM   #4
Deetox187

Well Dest if you do ever do decide to update again could you please look into fixing the model icon limit in the player select menu? it won't show more than 99 icons, thanx.
Deetox187 is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #5
NITEMARE

youssa right ask!
there is already a person who could be childish enough and hates bofh enough for such a thing.
you all know who this could be eh?
i'll give ya a hint: he is loud and very angry most of the time...
NITEMARE is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 02:03 PM   #6
Darth-Nasty
2002 Vet

Thumbs down

why do jk2files.com continue to host that file?

im sure dest and many others have complained to them about it!!!

they even hosted the beta yoda at one stage!

that site has really gone down in my estimation
Darth-Nasty is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 03:27 PM   #7
Dest

Well I guess it could be someone besides bofh that posted it but bofh has been an idiot many times before. I don't understand, sometimes bofh seems like he is ok and other times he is just a dumbass.

Old 08-17-2002, 03:46 PM   #8
keo718
Jedi Council

Hmm. Andy867 mentioned there would be an official Jedimod 1.3. Maybe you can ask him how he got this info, and from whom.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Custom Avatar made by Aru-Wen
keo718 is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 03:54 PM   #9
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

keo: see the other thread.

jk2files has to be one of the most poorly run file sites ever... i mean they don't even check things before they upload.

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #10
jipe

.. and you acted so maturely, Dest, by running straight to a messageboard and namecalling.. way to go.
jipe is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #11
NickR

Hmm. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the beginning of a new race of prank mods which do all that they can to **** up the user!

I get dumped on alot. It's one of the hazards of being me!
NickR is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 04:18 PM   #12
keo718
Jedi Council

I remember Remark 666 mentioning in these forums that Dest was no longer working on Jedimods. Dest pretty much confirmed that. The reason I mentioned Andy867 is because he seemed pretty sure about Jedimod 1.3 being released, when no information was unveiled to confirm that mod. Perhaps someone gave him misleading information, because for him to think it was official, I'm sure he must have thought Dest was involved. Or, maybe he just heard rumors of it.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Custom Avatar made by Aru-Wen
keo718 is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #13
N0VA

Why hasnt JK2files.com taken it down yet?

Its obviously not working and is suppost to be a (Very *very* bad joke)

Hope the guy gets trampled on by an ATAT

Regards
N0VA
N0VA is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 06:40 PM   #14
striderx2048

why hasn't remark666 chimed in.
striderx2048 is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 08:42 PM   #15
DeadlyBOFH

Guys;

I didnt do this thing... I've been spending most of my time working on an admin_execclient, and MOTD. Balancing between that, starting up a new JK2 Clan and work, my time has been taken up.
DeadlyBOFH is offline   you may:
Old 08-17-2002, 09:05 PM   #16
Dest

Sorry for the name calling, I'm just sick and tired of BOFH's multiple personalities or whatever is going on. Some examples:

Good BOFH:
"I'm renaming the mod to JediPlus"
"I found a bug and fixed it"
"I'm adding cool admin stuff"
"I gave more credit in the readme."
(other good coding related stuff)

Bad BOFH:
(I'm talking in a chatroom about emotes and BOFH chimes in "how about you **** the emotes", except he didnt use stars)
(I say I'm going to add grappleing hook code to JediMod and BOFH tells me I am ****ing up the game)
"JediMod v1.2 sucks! Higher numbers mean better!"
(Naming the mod JediMod 2.0++, there was no reason to have the ++ after the 2.0 unless he was trying to confuse people)
(BOFH sends ask a pm with the title "Your ****ty grappleing code")
(BOFH somehow gets JediKnightii.net to release JediMod++ before they released JediMod)
"JediMod++ 3.0 will kill all other mods out there, even JediMod!"
"I just got kicked from a server! I'm going to hardcode a ban of all their IP's into the next version of JediMod++"

Good BOFH was an ok guy but I'm fed up with Bad BOFH so I'm calling BOFH an idiot, even if he didn't post that fake JediMod v1.3 I'm still pissed at him for all of the bad bofh stuff.

Old 08-18-2002, 12:43 AM   #17
DeadlyBOFH

Come on dude.. i was bein a prick back then... Now im doin a lot of work on the mod and releasing it sometime sept. 1st. Sorry bout all the trouble i created... (and the reason it got released before yours is because i had been talking to sithlord ii, and i told him that both mods will support yoda... (I also told him what i added).. He told the jk2files (or jediknightii) file admins that JediMOD++ was the only one that would support yoda.

And dude, i've seen what the grapple code can do... Its pissy when you're in a duel with someone and the opponent is losing... Then they grapple up and out of the duel.

2.0 and 2.1 were the betas.. They never got widely used, and were deleted less than a day after they came out...

2.2 had your permission to be called JediMOD++

3.0 I continued the name cause i was being an *******..

3.1 is now JediPLUS... works decently.. Now im working on enhancing what i've added, and adding a lot more (like if someone doesnt know how to bind a key to a command, you can do it for them (execclient), MOTD, a meditate emote (which disables your capability of attacking and everything and makes you regenerate force 4x as fast -- already in 3.0, but a lil too fast its too fast. -- basically same position as your sit command.. changed your sit command to a different sitting postition.)

A couple bugfixes to the admin commands (rename -- cant have spaces in the name), etc..

Quote:
Originally posted by Dest
Sorry for the name calling, I'm just sick and tired of BOFH's multiple personalities or whatever is going on. Some examples:

Good BOFH:
"I'm renaming the mod to JediPlus"
"I found a bug and fixed it"
"I'm adding cool admin stuff"
"I gave more credit in the readme."
(other good coding related stuff)

Bad BOFH:
(I'm talking in a chatroom about emotes and BOFH chimes in "how about you **** the emotes", except he didnt use stars)
(I say I'm going to add grappleing hook code to JediMod and BOFH tells me I am ****ing up the game)
"JediMod v1.2 sucks! Higher numbers mean better!"
(Naming the mod JediMod 2.0++, there was no reason to have the ++ after the 2.0 unless he was trying to confuse people)
(BOFH sends ask a pm with the title "Your ****ty grappleing code")
(BOFH somehow gets JediKnightii.net to release JediMod++ before they released JediMod)
"JediMod++ 3.0 will kill all other mods out there, even JediMod!"
"I just got kicked from a server! I'm going to hardcode a ban of all their IP's into the next version of JediMod++"

Good BOFH was an ok guy but I'm fed up with Bad BOFH so I'm calling BOFH an idiot, even if he didn't post that fake JediMod v1.3 I'm still pissed at him for all of the bad bofh stuff.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:46 AM   #18
DeadlyBOFH

Deetox;

I'll do it for JediPLUS 3.2 since thats going to end up coming out way before JediMOD 1.3 is ready... I'll mail the fix to dest tho so he doesnt have to do much of anything to put it in.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deetox187
Well Dest if you do ever do decide to update again could you please look into fixing the model icon limit in the player select menu? it won't show more than 99 icons, thanx.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:13 AM   #19
SS_Sniper

Location: In the backward land of Canada where we arrest people for throwing pies!
Jedimod 1.3????
SS_Sniper is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2002, 03:15 AM   #20
NITEMARE

well this meditation feature sounds like an idea i had some weeks ago. but i left it cuz it had no use for me. still a nice feature. combined with a very high forceregentime setting so the force regenerates very slow (e.g.2 minutes from empty to full) it could be the end of force based attack spaming or healing and whatever stuff comes. so one would have to fight with the saber. then i would even consider putting forces back on my server! the only problem is force jump. it gets nerfed beyond reason. mabe u could insert something like a stamina bar besides the force bar. if u dont we (me and my coder) will try it some time when we finish our other ideas. a stamina bar would change alot of things. imagine people not doing a yellow or red dfa 10 times during a duel because they are exhausted and vulnerable after performing those. and people not spaming around but rather make tactical attacks. and a sprint funktion to run faster but not using force. just like the run button but taking up stamina. that could be the end of people running away from duels. but im dreaming again. and the next release would rather have some more emotes and a double grapplehook (mabe a quadro bladed saber???) than some cool features.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:05 AM   #21
DeadlyBOFH

Nitemare: actually the meditation feature makes you regain force faster, but it renders you vulnerable, because in order to do it you have to be in the seated position, and unable to move, attack or use force.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:38 PM   #22
NITEMARE

yeah i know. so if u make force regen time to high values, the player would be forced to meditate if he would want to regenerate faster, thus changing the gamplay from froce based attacks spaming to more tactical usement of the force. i am thinking of ways to bring back the force to our server without falling back to the old days. because its getting a little bit boring with saber only. after 3 month playing like that u get better and better and its not thrilling anymore...the game has to evolve on!
Old 08-18-2002, 02:52 PM   #23
-Chrono_MOT-

I wouldn't have such a huge problem with non-saber battles if the people running non saber-only servers didn't put forceregentime to 400 or something. They do it on purpose. Run at you with a lightsaber, you start fighting, then after you've used up all your force they break out a rocket launcher. Stuff like that makes me sick.

I model, I map, I write music. But I don't take any crap from anyone.
-Chrono_MOT- is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2002, 03:15 PM   #24
DeadlyBOFH

Nitemare;

Actually it works like that

It just takes the speed (lets say its 400), and multiplys it by 4..

so in that case since 400 is slower than 200,

if g_forceregentime = 400

and you meditate
your current g_forceregentime = 100

making things faster.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #25
NITEMARE

ya i know. i had such a feature in my mod too but never used it on the server. i made it so u could regenerate force with regentime 0 if the saber was holstered and otherwise with the actual forceregentime setting (2000 i think). but we just tested it quick and never used it cuz ffa duels still dont work, no discipline these days...
the meditation feature u got is actually the original idea but since the whole ffa duel thing needs some big changes i left it aside. if u release your code someday i will look into it and save my coder some time. it looks like we got another coder who mabe can help us including this "ignore" other players while dueling. that would make ffa duels possible without discipline. for that he has to find out how to make it so other players except your challanged oppontent are not shown and cannot intefere physicaly. the no damage from outsider feature is good but they stil can block u and stuff. very annoying. another issue would die too, ffa duels lower framerate due to the high number of players. if they would not be drawn at all...but for now we still have to play this tournament game type and wait and wait...
Old 08-18-2002, 07:07 PM   #26
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally posted by NITEMARE
it gets nerfed beyond reason. mabe u could insert something like a stamina bar besides the force bar. if u dont we (me and my coder) will try it some time when we finish our other ideas. a stamina bar would change alot of things. imagine people not doing a yellow or red dfa 10 times during a duel because they are exhausted and vulnerable after performing those. and people not spaming around but rather make tactical attacks. and a sprint funktion to run faster but not using force. just like the run button but taking up stamina. that could be the end of people running away from duels. but im dreaming again.
Masters of the Force will have a Fatigue Gauge.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may:
Old 08-18-2002, 11:55 PM   #27
DeadlyBOFH

The problem with the "ignore" thing is that that kind of stuff is hard-coded into the engine. U'd basically have to give the duelers noclip.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:16 AM   #28
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Quote:
Originally posted by jipe
.. and you acted so maturely, Dest, by running straight to a messageboard and namecalling.. way to go.
My thoughts exactly. You don't even know who did it yet and you automatically accuse him, you have no right to do that.

Just e-mail JKII.net, JK2Files, wherever, and have them take it down. Tell them it's NOT an offical update and a comlete hoax.
Emon is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2002, 01:09 AM   #29
remark 666

Quote:
Originally posted by NITEMARE

i'll give ya a hint: he is loud and very angry most of the time...
why would I give JediMod a bad name ? duhhh

Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
My thoughts exactly. You don't even know who did it yet and you automatically accuse him, you have no right to do that.

Just e-mail JKII.net, JK2Files, wherever, and have them take it down. Tell them it's NOT an offical update and a comlete hoax.
you always bud in at the wrong time, the subject has been dropped, "you have no right to do that."

and striderx2048, I've had an awesome weekend, also been looking for a new ride, BMW 5.35i will probably be it, beautiful car, not like I sit at forums all the time, I actually have a very busy life (like a lot of people I know here)

-----------------------------------------------------
[SIZE=1.9]All my life I've been livin' it all alone, I'm like a king with no people And no crown, or a throne...And what I'm speakin' on...Is what I'm feelin' like, Do you know what it's like To feel the warmth of the sunlight? I'd really like to know...Cause I've been chillin' in the dark For so many years...That I question love in my heart.....I hate everyone, And I hate everything....Except for all the juggalos And all the love that they bring...[/SIZE]
-----------------------------------------------------
remark 666 is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2002, 01:55 AM   #30
Deetox187

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadlyBOFH
Deetox;

I'll do it for JediPLUS 3.2 since thats going to end up coming out way before JediMOD 1.3 is ready... I'll mail the fix to dest tho so he doesnt have to do much of anything to put it in.

Thank you.
Deetox187 is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2002, 06:05 AM   #31
NITEMARE

hmmm..
at the moment uninvolved players are drawn darker except their sabers. that could be a hint. or how spectators work...
do u think i should ask raven about it? it would be realy changing the whole duel system to a better one if we had such a feature. to bad they did not think about it yet...

ah yeah remark: i know that u dont want to damage jedimod. but if dest is picking bofh then he should consider his enemies too. just wanted to make clear that we cant blame one person. at the moment this fake mod is worse for bofh then for jedimod...
Old 08-19-2002, 10:52 AM   #32
Dest

Quote:
I accused him because of things he has done in the past and because of the feature list.

There is probably a way to change the alpha value of players' models and give players noclip so that when your dueling you don't see anyone and they cant get in the way. If you wanted to do it the hard way you could hook some opengl functions to make them invisible, or you could probably just cheat and tell the players that they have no model.

Old 08-19-2002, 01:05 PM   #33
Jaii der Herr

The easiest way would be in having a look at the spectator code:
A spec cannot walk throug walls, but throug players.

You must just disable a flag in the tracemask to do that.
The visible problem could be solved the same way Mind Trick works.

in the main cg_player.c funktion ( CG_Player() ? ) it the mind tricking visiblility of modles is handled. Have a look and add some code for the duelists...

AOTC: TC - Coder
www.aotctc.com

Coding Chat: irc.quakenet.org #jk2coding
Jaii der Herr is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2002, 01:47 PM   #34
NITEMARE

thx dest / jaii. i'll forward that to my code monkeys. i also sent an email to chang, i hope he gets it and can help us. since this is no fluffy neat funny feature. it could change alot.
funny that i get my questions answered in this anti bofh thread and not in the one i wrote some weeks ago. but anyway...
Old 08-19-2002, 01:55 PM   #35
Jaii der Herr

hm I am not shure but I think my version would be easier to solve your problem.

AOTC: TC - Coder
www.aotctc.com

Coding Chat: irc.quakenet.org #jk2coding
Jaii der Herr is offline   you may:
Old 08-19-2002, 02:39 PM   #36
NITEMARE

jep i know. its more logical
heh my coder said: damn! why didnt i think of it. but there is still stuff to do. i keep yall informed. and if we hae the mode ready it will be released for everyone...
Old 08-23-2002, 08:59 PM   #37
Zathu Koon

Dest, allow me to simply say I am behind you 100% in your productions, I will always stay loyal to you and your modification.

On a more creative note, I would like to suggest an at ease emote (toggle), one which you stand with your hands behind you back and one wrist in the other palm. Mabey walking could be enabled during this.

I greatly appreciate and thank you for all you and Tchouky have done for this gaming community, and wish you luck on your journeys.

[ Name: [MsR]Zathu
[ Server: 216.226.136.120:29070

Last edited by Zathu Koon; 08-25-2002 at 09:30 PM.
Zathu Koon is offline   you may:
Old 08-24-2002, 07:42 AM   #38
Kyle098

hey i just wanted to say that i tottally agree with dest on everything he is done excpet for the fact that he is Stilll making it a big deal. also i had some questions on changing your mod if anyone can help go to this link and reply,ANY help would be apprescciated.Thanks
Kyle098 is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2003, 10:15 AM   #39
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

What are you gys talking about?

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may:
Old 07-13-2003, 11:25 AM   #40
Wudan
Got Balance?

Ancient history, dumb****. Don't revive dead threads.

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Bofh Is An Idiot