lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: 1.04 & Single Player Game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-24-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
Jango_Jinn

Question 1.04 & Single Player Game

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer anywhere.. Here are my questions...

Why does the 1.04 patch not affect the single player game?? Unless it is supposed to, is there something wrong with my game? I got so used to the new patch saber moves in multiplayer, and now that I'm playing the single player game, the saber sucks, and I don't have good control of it. Is there a fix to this??

Thanks
Jango_Jinn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2002, 10:46 PM   #2
SeraphimII

Location: L33t Fruit Stalker...I mean Stocker...No Really I do.
Multiplayer and Single player have always had differnt saber systems. Single players goal was to create fluidic, 'realist', and cinematic saber combat. The goal of multiplayer is balance.

If anything it should be easier in single player with some adapting.

heh that might not have been what you wanted so heres a better explination.

The v1.4 affected only multiplayer. If you check the version number for single player it will still say v1.3.

Also Single player and multiplayer are technicly two different games. Each was made by a seperate dev team.

Best sig EVAR!
SeraphimII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Jango_Jinn

Argh, oh well... Will any of the saber mods do the trick??
Jango_Jinn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2002, 10:55 PM   #4
SeraphimII

Location: L33t Fruit Stalker...I mean Stocker...No Really I do.
No. Unfortunatly Raven only released the sourse code for multiplayer. This means that all mods for single player will be based on the things we can edit w/o acess to the games hardcoding (Weapon damage/rate of fire/ammo, use of cvars to change some things, npcs, maps, and models). Needless to say saber combat isn't one off the things we can edit.

However I believe theres a coop mod for jk2 multiplay due out at anytime.

Best sig EVAR!
SeraphimII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > 1.04 & Single Player Game