lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is JK2 dead/dying? (merged)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-23-2002, 06:43 AM   #121
D.L.

Things are looking up. The AotCTC FMV shots look great and a few new models and maps (Mos Eisley Beta to be precise) have re-newed my interest. Good job!

Star Wars, General Chat and Games. Join if you want!
http://lounge.proboards5.com

The NJO Mod Website
D.L. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2002, 12:40 AM   #122
|DEM|Mosleg

You can never find decent servers anymore. That's why. You used to could go looking any time of the day and find a decent CTF, FFA, Duel, any server with a low ping that was full.

It's obvious JK2 is fading away...
|DEM|Mosleg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2002, 12:47 AM   #123
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?

Nay

That was the hype you saw

This isn't the death, this is the true community

All that full server crap were Star War fans who honestly, probably would rather watch the movie than play the game, either A.) Because they don't have the attention span for a game, or B.) The devleopers can just never please them

It had a bright start with lots of hype, I mean, look at the reviews, who WOULDN'T go buy this game, I haven't read one bad review for this game

It's just this game isn't for everyone, and people are starting to see that, and stop playing, and move to the next hyped up game
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2002, 01:22 AM   #124
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
the only thing ive read that was bad about the game was in pc gamer june 2002 issue and they said that the first third of the single player campaign was really tedious, uninspring, and boring to go through, but that everything else in the single player was great once they got the lightsaebr. they ghave it a 91%, 3% lower than what they gave to jediknight1, and i actually agree with them.

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2002, 01:24 AM   #125
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?

Well, they said the same thing about JKI "Boring till you get the saber" I enjoyed the beginning third just as much as the rest, some of the puzzles were a bit confusing, but that had nothing to do with saber or no saber

It's really just an opinion about the game, I mean, if you bought the game for JUST the saber play, oh yea, don't even bother playing the first third of the SP, but I haven't bought a FPS in a while so I just bought it for the fun of shooting Stormies ^_^ I play the Kejim maps over and over, sometimes with and sometimes without the saber
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2002, 04:26 AM   #126
Captain Hagen

1. Story line in JK Dark Forces had much more. JKOutcast often became to much CS: open a door ? Hit a Key to open a door. To much puzzle, to little feeling..

Although I must admit that the graphic was superior to almost everything....

2.Difficulty
It's like reading a book, if the first page doesnt appeal to you, you wont read the book.
JK2 is difficult, it takes som time to master, CS has one dimension JK2 has 3

3. Too many games....
New game every day! see number 2

4 "This isn't the death, this is the true community " someone said?
Bur are there enough games for all communities????

5. Don't get me wrong I love JK2, but it is nothing for amateurs...( such as me)

We all comes to a point of no return, when we find that all our efforts has been useless...
we're just ripples in the sand...vanishing into sea... into time...
Captain Hagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Is JK2 dead/dying? (merged)