lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Operating those binoculars
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-02-2002, 08:14 PM   #1
bunglers bane

Unhappy Operating those binoculars

I'm stuck... Apparently I'm supposed to use these binoculars to find a mountain. I have it hooked up with the wires and the magnifying glass, it's the actual operation of the thing that confuses me. When I use it I just see everything rotating counter-clockwise at a steady pace... I can see something that looks an awful lot like the mountain, but I can't seem to slow the rotation down! When I give up and leave Sam says something to the effect of "I better stop the rotation when I think I've found it"... so I know what I should do, I just can't figure out how to control the rotation!

When I use it the mouse pointer becomes a crosshair, but clicking anywhere on the screen, with any mouse button doesn't seem to have any effect at all. How is it supposed to work?
bunglers bane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 09:16 PM   #2
Feral
Old fart

Current Game: FM2007. Perpetually.
There should be a little lever just below the viewing thingy, pointing all the way to the Left. Just right click on that until it gets to the middle and the rotation stops.

Feral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 10:29 PM   #3
bunglers bane

Thank you! That's a stone off my chest, I was worried that I wouldnt' be able to finish the game... I can't believe this, I've spent an hour clicking everywhere, how could I miss it? Ah well, thanks again!
bunglers bane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 06:50 AM   #4
SyntheticGerbil
Pasta Master

Yeah that was rather idiotic, the controls... but it was indeed in the manual.
SyntheticGerbil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 09:26 PM   #5
JBlink

I found a need for alot of things in the handbook, but that wasnt one of them. Do you realize how many times I get frustrate just walking around a screen? Luckily the game makes up for it.
JBlink is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Sam And Max.Net > Sam & Max Craziness > Hints, Tips & Troubleshooting > Operating those binoculars