lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: OpenGL error + drivers screwing up my screen
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-28-2002, 02:04 PM   #1
FunkyGSR

Thumbs down OpenGL error + drivers screwing up my screen

Ok, for the past week I have been tring to figure out this problem myself visiting many websites and tring to find help. My error is the comon "Cannot load OpenGL subsystem"... So, like the technical support suggests (I'm running on a GeForce2 btw) I downloaded the latest driver. (Located here: http://nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000). Now unless I'm downloading the wrong driver, after I installed it, and restarted my computer, it reloaded and nothing displayed, I could still run programs but my screen was black, I tried a few other drivers just to make sure but I get the same problem!
FunkyGSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
rufio_bufio

i have a geforece2 as well. i'm running xp, and it says the samething that yours said. i have latest drivers, i even downloaded opengl95.exe just to make sure and it still doesnt work. whats up with that?
rufio_bufio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #3
FunkyGSR

Well I fixed my problem, a while back I had to re-format my hard drive, and I forgot to use my Drivers CD and re-install my display driver, among other things.

I put the CD in, installed the driver and now JO works perfectly.
FunkyGSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
rufio_bufio

i'm running windowx xp. i have a geforce2. i first used the drivers that xp gave me. that didnt work. i used the 1's on the cd that came with my card and those didnt work either. then i used the 1's from nvidia.com and those didnt work either. i was searching around lucasarts' website and found a techinical help page. i came across a page that showed the different supported cards for jk2 for xp, and my geforce2 wasn't 1 of them. IS THERE ANONE OUT THERE THAT HAS SOLVED THIS?!?! or is this just something that i have to wait till lucasarts fix?
rufio_bufio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 02:19 PM   #5
Sutek

I believe this is an old problem that has nothing to do with JK2 and everything to do with Windows XP. It certainly sounds like it.

As I recall it was something to do with XP not properly unpacking/updating the new drivers or intergrating with DirectX. Since I have Win98SE (trouble free I might add) I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I'd recommend searching for old posts involving the same problem and try those solutions, since my recollection of the solutions is at best patchy.

EDIT: Pootbandits! I just tried loking it up for myself and found that the search function is disabled. Gah! Sorry guys, you'll have to hope one of the others who remember it will drop by.
Sutek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 02:23 PM   #6
Sutek

Thanks Teleguy!

Ahaha, a few minutes of searching (blind luck too) later I bumped into the following link posted by Teleguy:

http://www.uq.net.au/~zzmbisho/how_t...Subsystem.html

That has the problem you listed, and the solution. I hope.
Sutek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > OpenGL error + drivers screwing up my screen