lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: ProMod Beta 2 Strategy Guide Posted!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-03-2002, 05:40 PM   #1
ArtifeX

ProMod Beta 2 Strategy Guide Posted!

Ok guys, all of you with questions like, "What the hell are these little pizza-slice things in my HUD?" can all squeeze yourselves with joy, as I have posted the first sections of the ProMod Strategy guide on the homepage:

http://www.oculis.org/promod/

It'll answer all the major questions about how to hack up your friends and coworkers with a lightsaber.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 05:56 AM   #2
thehomicidalegg

interesting, will check it out soon
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 08:38 AM   #3
ArtifeX

Layout Bug fixed for real now

I promise, layout bug is fixed for good! If any of you have taken a look at the ProMod strategy guide, make sure to go back and look at it again--it'll be a lot easier to read this time. The tables are color-coded now that the bug's fixed, making them a lot easier to understand.

Artifex *ASC*
Old 09-04-2002, 09:27 AM   #4
C'jais
Spicy Viking Boy

Just a question:

Why did you make strong stance the only offensive stance in the mod? Could it not be thought that the slow, sailing swings were *only* good for defending, since it's practically impossible to hit someone with those swings?

Bottom line: If I *really* want to kill someone, then I *should* use strong stance.

Otherwise, a great guide to a great mod - very detailed, and explains many things you'd never figure out otherwise.

Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not.

Member of The Scandinavian Clique

My LiveJournal
C'jais is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 09:31 AM   #5
ArtifeX

Quote:
Originally posted by cjais
Just a question:

Why did you make strong stance the only offensive stance in the mod? Could it not be thought that the slow, sailing swings were *only* good for defending, since it's practically impossible to hit someone with those swings?

Bottom line: If I *really* want to kill someone, then I *should* use strong stance.

Otherwise, a great guide to a great mod - very detailed, and explains many things you'd never figure out otherwise.
Actually, the strengths of the other two styles are offensive in a way. Light Stance's hightened blocking can be used to initiate counterattacks off the blocks (try it. this works really, really well), and Mediums Deflecting/Knockaway ability can completely remove someone's ability to defend themselves. In short, Medium and Light are meant to be reactive as opposed to Strong being proactive.

Artifex *ASC*
Old 09-04-2002, 09:42 AM   #6
C'jais
Spicy Viking Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtifeX

Actually, the strengths of the other two styles are offensive in a way. Light Stance's hightened blocking can be used to initiate counterattacks off the blocks (try it. this works really, really well), and Mediums Deflecting/Knockaway ability can completely remove someone's ability to defend themselves. In short, Medium and Light are meant to be reactive as opposed to Strong being proactive.
I seee.....

point taken!

Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not.

Member of The Scandinavian Clique

My LiveJournal
C'jais is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 08:24 PM   #7
Jubatus

Pardon my bumping, but just need to make this thread and its inherent link to the guide not fall away to page 2.

-]H-P[-Jubatus - All bow down to TROGDOR the BURNINATOR!

Ode to a

Hey, you there! What we count in numbers we lack in wit.
Hey, you there! I take orders from an imperial git.
Hey, you there! I can't shot for sh*t.
Hey, you there!....Is there a bottom to this pit?
Jubatus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2002, 10:09 PM   #8
KnightHawk420

I disagree. Being able to block, counter with blue I would not consider offensive in anyway. It's a strategy requiring you defend something first, thus making it defensive. The fact you hit someone after the initial hit is beside the point.

Yellow or medium stance, is definately the middle road on offensive and defensive. IN a 1 v 1 situation yellow is good for feeling an opponent out initially. Or for dealing with someone who plays very defensively. ala nothin but blue kinda guy. Someone who is very defensive will eatup a red stance user in a heartbeat, but yellow is what solves that.

Yellow is the only thing I see as being both offensive and defensive, but I would never apply the offensive label to blue...

*2 paragraph post bump*
KnightHawk420 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > ProMod Beta 2 Strategy Guide Posted!