lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-17-2002, 08:17 PM   #1
Lord_FinnSon

Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1

Anyone have this new sound card from Hercules? I didn't find any reviews of it yet, so I'm interested to hear what kind of sound quality it has overally and have you encountered any serious and not so serious bugs in familiar games with it? I have been thinking of buying one as I could get it cheaper than SB Audigy(bulk)...

BTW, are there any 7.1 speaker setups already available? I have 4.1 setup myself, which I would like to test first with Fortissimo(if I end up buying it), so can you choose different speaker setups much like in SB Live?

Remember, the Force will be with you... always!
Lord_FinnSon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2002, 10:30 PM   #2
gorganfloss

hehe...my comp sux so bad that I only have the built in sound card.

Taken down with hearts alive.
gorganfloss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2002, 09:13 AM   #3
Lord_FinnSon

Very interesting al thought that didn't help me much... I guess my thread calls for well-deserved bump.

Old 09-20-2002, 11:49 AM   #4
Absurd

www.3dsoundsurge.com

I used to be an atheist, until I realized that John Carmack is god, and Quake 3 is heaven.
Absurd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2002, 08:01 PM   #5
Lord_FinnSon

Thanks for the link, Absurd. I didn't find any reviews of it from there either, but instead not-so-old news about its announcement. That cleared out few things, but if someone really has bought this brand new card and possibly had SB Live or even Audigy before it, could you tell me, what kind of quality it has compared to those? I have heard some people whining about bugs that Live/Audigy drivers are full of...

Old 09-21-2002, 02:07 AM   #6
BCanr2d2
Chief B*log Man

Well, the Gametheatre XP is one of their better cards, a lot cheaper and was on par with the SB Live! It is now, through the latest drivers, a 7.1 card as well.

Any resemblence to intelligence in my posts is purely coincidental and accidental..

No posts were harmed in the creation of this post!

B*log....
BCanr2d2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2002, 04:20 AM   #7
Absurd

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon
Thanks for the link, Absurd. I didn't find any reviews of it from there either, but instead not-so-old news about its announcement. That cleared out few things, but if someone really has bought this brand new card and possibly had SB Live or even Audigy before it, could you tell me, what kind of quality it has compared to those? I have heard some people whining about bugs that Live/Audigy drivers are full of...
I think it comes down to what kind of chipset is on your motherbaord. If it's VIA I suggest staying clear of Creative Labs audio cards until things are cleared up, otherwise Intel is the best way to go - in my opinion.

Be sure to check their forums, I'm sure someone mentioned it under the Cirius Logic area.

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/cgi-bin/...&Board=Forum13

I would stay with an Audigy because you can use EAX HD and no one else supports that yet.

Also, Creative is coming out with an Audigy 2:

http://www.blynk.net/modules.php?op=...rticle&sid=736

I used to be an atheist, until I realized that John Carmack is god, and Quake 3 is heaven.
Absurd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1