lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Patch
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-05-2002, 10:44 PM   #81
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...
 
Spider AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Help, help, I'm stapled to my workstation.
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian Omega

To Spider-AL: Well I did, look at my last post.
I fear I must assume by default that any apology/request for forgiveness that is closely followed by an image of a little yellow face poking its tongue out at me, is not sincere. An 'A' for effort though. Oh wait, that begins with an 'E'...

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian Omega

And I am curious to see how saber vs. gun in 1.02 is still practically the same in 1.04, I think the saber dm is higher, yes? Tell me that and I'll withdraw, since I am now just curious about that.
Well I'm glad you asked. The definitive answer is this: Sabre damage would have to increase to instant-kill proportions for the sabre-only player to ever rival the gunner for kills, and killing power. Quite simply, unless you get the drop on a gunner and kill him in the first hit, as I sometimes manage to do with the current sabre damage, you're dead. Only by making every heavy hit an instant-kill could the sabreists rival gunners.

Now the real difference between 1.02 and 1.04 vis-a-vis sabres is the removal of the swivelling of the DFA move. In 1.02, one was able to swivel from side to side and deal damage in a big circle, AFTER the move had come to a stop. In other words, very buggy. Now, this meant that sabreists killed proportionately more gunners in 1.02 than they do now in 1.04. But quite frankly, the buggy DFA was making duel servers and indeed sabre-only FFA, a one-move-only affair, and I don't think any of us bought JO to play "Pong" with better graphics.

But the fact remains that even with one-hit-kill moves all over the place, DFAs, backswing combos in 1.03 etc... Gunners still won every guns FFA they played in. Even with the ammo consumption ramped stupidly high in 1.03, gunners still won. 1.03 was perhaps the version most biased in favour of lightsabre-only fanatics, and one could construct a pretty solid argument for the case that there's a huge difference between 1.03 and 1.04,..

But 1.02 and 1.04 had basically the same ammo consumption and the rarely used pull/DFA combo in 1.02 was harder to pull off than the oft-used pull/BS combo in 1.03, so I have no qualms about saying that the gun/sabre balance in 1.02 was quite comparable to the gun/sabre balance in 1.04.

I hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior

LOL he'll never show up, I challenged him and he chickened out.
Well that's up to him. He has decided to challenge me, I've named my haunts and accepted. Now whether he chooses to seek me out or not is his affair. If he is- as you say- a coward, it will become clear over the course of the next week. I'll be playing for at least 45 minutes every night this week on the servers I've listed above, for anyone who wants a game. [FW] Spider AL, for those that need a complete string.


[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #82
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


LOL he'll never show up, I challenged him and he chickened out.
no you challenged me to play on your breadstick ProMod server. Sorry champ but I declined for two reasons..

1- I have no interest in playing any duels with weakened sabers

2- It wouldn't have proved anything. You have your thoughts I have mine.

Also please note that I told you to show up at Arti's server, never did see you there. Whenever you wish to switch from the flash lights you fight with to something more interesting go to Arti's server and find me. So please, don't come here with "chickened out" accusations, being that you refused to meet me at Atrifex's.


Spider I will take Det's word that you have played 1.02 but the gameplay must have changed dramatically. Your CTF tactics have long since died in 1.02 since they have a funny way of getting you killed.

Also when comparing 1.02 and 1.04 sabers to guns you failed to note that on ladders, 1.04 is played in its vanilla form. Thus sabers are set far weaker then what you appear to be playing. Thus for competition purposes 1.02 saber users had a much higher chance of of winning.

Also you asked what I did not like about 1.03

-ass fighting (caused by the blocking system)
-pull + BS was over used
-Random blocking (hate it in 1.04 too)
-Slow downs in foot speed while swinging the saber in different stances

So please stop with you nonsense about me liking 1.03. I couldn't stand it. 1.04 is playable but still slow and dull compared to the original.


I will show up at your server soon enough. I have been playing much Unreal 2003 lately and will be glad to fire up the old JKII just for you


Cjais - was there a point to your post? Did I hurt your feelings in the past? If I did let me know and I will FedEx you a tissue.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 11:51 AM   #83
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Spider AL

I'll be playing for at least 45 minutes every night this week on the servers I've listed above, for anyone who wants a game. [FW] Spider AL, for those that need a complete string.
What time zone are you in? I am in Eastern USA so let me know so I can find you.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 11:54 AM   #84
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
lol...

I am considered a "good " player (guns), in that I support teammates and I can use every gun in the game with pretty good effectiveness. There are a few players who are better than me who I enjoy playing, they offer me the change to improve my skills. Only after I have increased myself to their level would I ever challenge Spider.

Seriously, don't go into a game with Spider unless he's on your team.
A saber challenge is what I am looking for. JKII guns became rather dry since I got Unreal 2003. They seem almost cartoonish to me now. Honestly if they do make a JK3 they need to add a little grit to the game. I wouldn't mine some beter taunts, a little blood, and weapons that don't spit out gumballs.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 02:08 PM   #85
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...
 
Spider AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Help, help, I'm stapled to my workstation.
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Thus sabers are set far weaker then what you appear to be playing
Nonsense as usual, you obviously lack the skill necessary to use the 1.04 sabre efficiently, as I play on servers with default sabre damage scale.

Quote:
Your CTF tactics have long since died in 1.02
Nonsense, you obviously lack the skill to use the techniques to their fullest advantage.

Quote:
JKII guns became rather dry since I got Unreal 2003. They seem almost cartoonish to me now.
Once again, nonsense, you obviously have limited comprehension of the speed and depth of gun combat in all versions of JO.

Notably, you also claim that you dislike the over-use of pull/backswing in 1.03, and yet you have claimed previously in this thread alone that it was exactly the same (in fact it was not) in 1.02, you claim that you used it regularly in 1.02, and you further claim that backswing was not overpowered in 1.03. You admit that you like the majority of the defining aspects of 1.03, and yet you claim to "hate" 1.03. You are the very fount of all illogic, son. The entirety of your brain seems to be composed of a potent but rare compound called "anti-maturity," and your attempts at disguising yourself as a player of any skill at all are laughable, not to put too fine a point on it.

I've listed my regular duel server haunts and the amount of time I will spend on them, so if your spine holds up, arrive on them forthwith. If you do not arrive by next friday, I will be forced to confirm Jah's assertions of your cowardice.

As for time zone, I'm an Englishman. Figure it out.


[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 04:11 PM   #86
Doctor Shaft
 
Doctor Shaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: huh?
Posts: 193
wow

This argument stuff is getting hostile.

I'm not going to type too much I hope, I've already said how I feel plenty of times.

Is 1.04 balanced. Well, sure, if you're playing a game that utilizes all the moves, all the weapons, lightsaber included, in the right situations, the game all fits together. If you're getting kicked to death in a saber duel, there are ways getting around it, annoying as they are to do in this version.

Is 1.02 better. Well, 1.02 and 1.04 are completely different games with different feels. Obviously, people like Spider thoroughly enjoy 1.04, it's a slower game when it comes to saber combat, but guns are relatively the same, push/pull randomness is gone, etc.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I've always been a proponent of pick your favorite weapon and run with it. I love the lightsaber, but JO is a guns oriented game, it just happens to have lightsabers in it. To claim that it unbalanced is incorrect, but to say that I get no joy from it is fine. The lightsaber is effective in 1.04 if you pull it out at the right time. It is a melee weapon, and tha'ts all it will be in 1.04.

What I don't like is the fact that a player can literally choose one of the three top tier guns, and use effectively use it in all situations, where as the lightsaber is restricted. Most of the 1.04 camp likes it gun centric, I, being a "star wars fanboy" wish it were lightsaber centric. Obviously, we'll never agree with each other on how the game should be. I can whine and cry all day that the top players never even use thel ightsaber, that once they have enough ammo and their favorite top tier gun, they can use it effectively in all situations, not just some, and 9 times out of 10 win. If you don't believe that, then I don't know what to say. That's not what I experienced. Winning with the lightsaber is possible, but it's not the center of the game.

Lightsaber duels - I don't like the damage so low. I like a fast paced, 1 or 2 mistakes, and that's it. With promod's blocking system, this can be done safely. With the 1.04 blcoking system, doing that kind of ruins the game. JK2++ was fast paced, had high saber damage, but it was also a different game from 1.04. You can't really compare them. In terms of saber combat though, jk2++ had 1.04's saber abilities, and with the blocking, many duels were based mostly on luck or thoughtless rushing. Because of this, for 1.04 I guess the low damage is probably best for it.

Without getting cutthroat with anyone, or challening their integrity, I have no doubt that most of the posters here have some skills. Some people play the game as is, and they learn the system, so they get good at it. I wish the game was centered around using a lightsaber and force powers, matching the fantasy I watched on the films. Right now, with the game being more about using all of your tools, especially the guns, I find more joy playing counterstrike, which follows the same principle, althought it certainly has a different feel.

Then again, why am I complaining, Artifex's promod seems to be going in the direction I'm headed. If you want to know my personal vision of the game, or what I would like, I just wish every game had a near lethal capability. Don't ask me how I would balance it, I haven't even taken the time to consider it, because it won't happen. I don't want a game where guns are irrelevant, but unlike the one camp, I wanted a lightsaber centered game, where guns were powerful, and very relevant, but also only useful in certain situations. 1.04 is the reverse. A solid game, but for me not very enjoyable. Take your pick I guess.

Anyway, in terms of discussing what the game should be, or what sucks, we should stop slamming each other. It's hard just read any of the arguments, without flinching, or just missing your point completely. The reader might get too angry to really understand what you're getting at.
Doctor Shaft is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 04:48 PM   #87
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by a hard headed spider


Nonsense as usual, you obviously lack the skill necessary to use the 1.04 sabre efficiently, as I play on servers with default sabre damage scale.
You are really getting annoying with you "I'm right you are dumb" attitude.

The sabers are weaker, the damage scale has been lowered this is FACT. Accuse all you want but you can't change the FACT that the damage scale is weaker.



Quote:
Originally posted by a hard headed spider

Nonsense, you obviously lack the skill to use the techniques to their fullest advantage.
I welcome you to come to 1.02 [OR] clan server anytime you want and prove me wrong. Otherwise shut up.



Quote:
Originally posted by a hard headed spider
Once again, nonsense, you obviously have limited comprehension of the speed and depth of gun combat in all versions of JO.
I said nothing about the speed and depth of gun combat in JO, but you are a damn fool if you seek to compare guns from JO to Unreal.

Quote:
Originally posted by a hard headed spider
Notably, you also claim that you dislike the over-use of pull/backswing in 1.03, and yet you have claimed previously in this thread alone that it was exactly the same (in fact it was not) in 1.02, you claim that you used it regularly in 1.02, and you further claim that backswing was not overpowered in 1.03. You admit that you like the majority of the defining aspects of 1.03, and yet you claim to "hate" 1.03. You are the very fount of all illogic, son. The entirety of your brain seems to be composed of a potent but rare compound called "anti-maturity," and your attempts at disguising yourself as a player of any skill at all are laughable, not to put too fine a point on it.
You obviously don't realize that the blocking system made pull + BS a problem. Yes it was the same in 1.02 but it wasn't over used because there were MANY other methods of getting a quick kill. So stop accusing me of enjoying 1.03 when I have told you otherwise, your constant accusation just make you out to be an @ss.

Quote:
Originally posted by a hard headed spider
I've listed my regular duel server haunts and the amount of time I will spend on them, so if your spine holds up, arrive on them forthwith. If you do not arrive by next friday, I will be forced to confirm Jah's assertions of your cowardice.

As for time zone, I'm an Englishman. Figure it out.
All I needed to know was your timezome, you had no need to act like an @ss. I will go when I have time after work, if that doesn't match with your time you are free to confirm what you want. I really don't give a damn what a smug fool thinks of me. I will not be changing my schedule just to run into you. You are free to find me on 1.02 if I don't run into you

Drep Saber master 1.02c
[OR] Clan CTF

Somehow I doubt I will see you on my turf, since you aren't that brave, so hopefully I can find you on yours.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #88
DeTRiTiC-iQ
 
DeTRiTiC-iQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: England
Posts: 540
Trust me, you don't want to challenge Spider_AL expecting to win.

He is one of the best. I'm merely good, i'm one of the people that wins games but doesn't totally own it, I would never kid myself enough to say that I could beat Spider (at least not yet ). In my opinion, the secret to being a good player is to know who is better than you and not make any assumptions about anybody's skill. For all I know, Fatalstrike, you may be THE BEST JK2 player in the world, if this is the case you have nothing to worry about, anything less and you will have a hard fight on your hands.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 06:18 PM   #89
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Trust me, you don't want to challenge Spider_AL expecting to win.

He is one of the best. I'm merely good, i'm one of the people that wins games but doesn't totally own it, I would never kid myself enough to say that I could beat Spider (at least not yet ). In my opinion, the secret to being a good player is to know who is better than you and not make any assumptions about anybody's skill. For all I know, Fatalstrike, you may be THE BEST JK2 player in the world, if this is the case you have nothing to worry about, anything less and you will have a hard fight on your hands.
I have never made any claims of being the best. I simply would like to meet spider al and see for myself how good he is. If you are right so be it, there is ALWAYS someone better then you in life. I have no problem with that.

I just came from playing Spider Al's servers for the last hour. No sign of him, I asked some [SASHA] clan guys if they had heard of him and they all said no. I went to weapons servers and saber server and no one had any clue who I was talking about.

Those servers are not running Vanilla 1.04 by the way.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 08:01 PM   #90
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...
 
Spider AL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Help, help, I'm stapled to my workstation.
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
I will go when I have time after work, if that doesn't match with your time you are free to confirm what you want. I really don't give a damn what a smug fool thinks of me. I will not be changing my schedule just to run into you. You are free to find me on 1.02 if I don't run into you


I particularly like the way you're setting up excuses before we've even met. Saves time, I suppose.


[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 09:50 PM   #91
a pizza
 
a pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA!!! USA USA
Posts: 8
yeah gameplay is more important.
a pizza is offline   you may:
Old 10-07-2002, 10:33 PM   #92
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Spider AL




I particularly like the way you're setting up excuses before we've even met. Saves time, I suppose.
excuses...um no. Considering I was on the servers you asked me to go to while you were posting insults, I am starting to think you are getting cold feet.

Stop posting nonsense and log on.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:07 AM   #93
ArtifeX
 
ArtifeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 946
I've got an idea. How about we set up a "Grudge Match Night" in my server? Anybody who's got a beef with anybody else can show up and take a whack at whoever.

The server's open for 14 players, so we should be able to fit everybody in.

Besides, I've found that people who are trolling flamers in the forums tend to turn out pretty nice guys once they get playing in a server. Might help tone things down around here.


Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:13 AM   #94
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtifeX
I've got an idea. How about we set up a "Grudge Match Night" in my server? Anybody who's got a beef with anybody else can show up and take a whack at whoever.

The server's open for 14 players, so we should be able to fit everybody in.

Besides, I've found that people who are trolling flamers in the forums tend to turn out pretty nice guys once they get playing in a server. Might help tone things down around here.
Isn't your server guns and full force? not exactly the best way to demonstrate saber skills man.

Thats where half the BS comes in man, I think we play different gametypes. We are all commenting on gametypes that we dont even play or settings they've never tried.

Also Artifex, are you really adding turnable specials to your mod? I sincerely hope not bro.

PS Artifex it must be nice having so many folk kissing your ass, soon you wont need toilet paper. LOL


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:14 AM   #95
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Thats cool with me. I would love to get everyone that talks a lot of smack on these forums in one place and just have a crazied FFA. It might be pretty intense.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:19 AM   #96
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


Isn't your server guns and full force? not exactly the best way to demonstrate saber skills man.

Thats where half the BS comes in man, I think we play different gametypes. We are all commenting on gametypes that we dont even play or settings they've never tried.
You want me to order your chicken suit? When should I tell them you will be by to pick it up?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
Also Artifex, are you really adding turnable specials to your mod? I sincerely hope not bro.

Relax, you seem to be scared of turning moves. You should rename to "Jah da Nervous Kitten" if you are going to have an attitude like that.

Even if he adds turns to the specials they are going to be offest by penalties and blocking. Also a DFA that turns would lose most of its power if turned move then a little bit. So they won't be as strong as what we know consider "special move."


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:28 AM   #97
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike


You want me to order your chicken suit? When should I tell them you will be by to pick it up?

Friday night before i go to the

Relax, you seem to be scared of turning moves. You should rename to "Jah da Nervous Kitten" if you are going to have an attitude like that.

Even if he adds turns to the specials they are going to be offest by penalties and blocking. Also a DFA that turns would lose most of its power if turned move then a little bit. So they won't be as strong as what we know consider "special move."
Ok, I'll borrow your chicken suit when you are done with it Fatalgroupie, thanks for the offer. Is it a fancy dress server then?

Shall we have a Fatal strike versus Jah Warrior thread where we can happily flame the crap out of each other, I for one am finding this rather enjoyable now.


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:54 AM   #98
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


Ok, I'll borrow your chicken suit when you are done with it Fatalgroupie, thanks for the offer. Is it a fancy dress server then?

Shall we have a Fatal strike versus Jah Warrior thread where we can happily flame the crap out of each other, I for one am finding this rather enjoyable now.
FatalGroupie? HAHA! I have challenged Arti on many of his ideas. Look at it this...

You want sabers to be weaker so that duels last longer and you can make some mistakes and still comeback and win.

I want more viable attack options, without overpowering any single move.

We can combine the two. I don't need the moves to be one hit kills, that does not interest me. I just like to be able to use them. For example..

Back Stab
Pull and kick doesn't knock you down in promod, so why not have a spinning backstab that you can use when your opponent makes a mistake? It is very hard to use on an upright enemy and it doesn't have to be a instant kill, just add a knock back and I'm fine with it. It CAN NOT be spammed because it is not easy to do, it won't kill instantly, and you can't block backwards so no ass fighting will result.

DFA
If it can be blocked and loses a huge amount of power if you turn it, why not? It would make the move harder to dodge but also less rewarding if you are not perfectly accurate.

You see I don't wany"instant kills" I just want more viable attacks then we have now.

Now that I explained my point of view on ProMod, which Artifex has now made the topic of this thread (sneaky bastard) I will resume my insults....

I gave my chicken suit to Spider two days ago, if you had asked me earlier you would have had it, sorry. Then again why would you need a chicken suit? Just turn around and I'll paint a nice yellow stripe down you your back.

I don't know why you want to wear a dress at Arti's server, but you are free to wear whatever you like. I don't have to see you so you can wear pink roses in your ears for all I care.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 12:08 PM   #99
ArtifeX
 
ArtifeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


Isn't your server guns and full force? not exactly the best way to demonstrate saber skills man.
...

Also Artifex, are you really adding turnable specials to your mod? I sincerely hope not bro.
...


I'd turn off the guns for this.

I'm still wrestling with the turnable dfa. If I do it, then you'll be penalized heavily for trying to turn, and even then the angle will be constrained to some degree. I will not reintroduce a spammable DFA.


Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 03:12 PM   #100
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtifeX
I will not reintroduce a spammable DFA.
While playing Spider Al's servers I noticed that 1.04 players are already spamming DFA's. So there really isn't a question of reintroducing anything.

If it were up to me I would remove FFA out of the equation when designing promod. FFA is always going to be a spamfest. I play FFA only so that I can duel without having to wait an hour if I lose.

As it stands DFA's have very limited use in duels and BS's have zero effective use. I would say that you just make the special moves weaker and not instant kills but make them viable to use.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 03:17 PM   #101
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike


While playing Spider Al's servers I noticed that 1.04 players are already spamming DFA's. So there really isn't a question of reintroducing anything.

If it were up to me I would remove FFA out of the equation when designing promod. FFA is always going to be a spamfest. I play FFA only so that I can duel without having to wait an hour if I lose.

As it stands DFA's have very limited use in duels and BS's have zero effective use. I would say that you just make the special moves weaker and not instant kills but make them viable to use.
Make your mind up groupie, so "you" want damage reduced now, gosh, i never thought I'd hear you say that. All i can say is I'm glad I converted you to breadstick fighting.


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 03:40 PM   #102
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


Make your mind up groupie, so "you" want damage reduced now, gosh, i never thought I'd hear you say that. All i can say is I'm glad I converted you to breadstick fighting.
no No NO!!

I don't want saber damage reduced for regular sabers, but since special moves have caused problems in past version of the game. They should be useful but not turn duels into battles of who can land a special move first.

For example a spinning Back Spin would be perfect for promod duels where players are trying to get at your sides and backs. You could bate them to attack you side step forward and strafe and then nail them with a back spin. That said it shouldn't kill them right away. If they are weak already then they are gonners but no hit should be stronger then a heavy ProMod.

The point is Jah that I see what you have been saying about DFA's and BS taking over the game. So while I enjoy using these very cool looking attacks, I don't think they should be the "end-all" of dueling. Landing a DFA should not get you an automatic win. That said, I think a DFA should be less nerfed in the sense of landing one, yet weaker.

Also the DFA should hurt you if you land on it while the player has a saber over their head. How many time do you launch a DFA as someone is about to land only to have them slide off your saber damage free, how stupid is that. Now THAT is a bug.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 04:23 PM   #103
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike


no No NO!!

I don't want saber damage reduced for regular sabers, but since special moves have caused problems in past version of the game. They should be useful but not turn duels into battles of who can land a special move first.

For example a spinning Back Spin would be perfect for promod duels where players are trying to get at your sides and backs. You could bate them to attack you side step forward and strafe and then nail them with a back spin. That said it shouldn't kill them right away. If they are weak already then they are gonners but no hit should be stronger then a heavy ProMod.

The point is Jah that I see what you have been saying about DFA's and BS taking over the game. So while I enjoy using these very cool looking attacks, I don't think they should be the "end-all" of dueling. Landing a DFA should not get you an automatic win. That said, I think a DFA should be less nerfed in the sense of landing one, yet weaker.

Also the DFA should hurt you if you land on it while the player has a saber over their head. How many time do you launch a DFA as someone is about to land only to have them slide off your saber damage free, how stupid is that. Now THAT is a bug.

LOL you are confused man!!!


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 04:27 PM   #104
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior



LOL you are confused man!!!
Now I am....


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #105
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Ah poor kid. dont worry sounds it sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Honestly you do give me some great laughs so keep it up mate


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 05:42 PM   #106
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
Ah poor kid. dont worry sounds it sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Honestly you do give me some great laughs so keep it up mate
*sigh*

Just when I thought I could get some real debate going....

If you must slip back into flaming then so be it. If you are calling me a kid you must be in your older then me, which would make almost 30, if you aren't almost 30, show some respect to your elders son.

As for great laughs - Art addressed your gun concern yet you still won't accept the idea. Do you have to have weak sabers to stand up for yourself? Ha!

Are you happy now Jah?

By the way I got that yellow paint, show up at Spider Al's suggested servers so I can apply a nice thick coat to that poor excuse for a spine of yours.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 06:00 PM   #107
zerowingzero
 
zerowingzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Yes please. No Wait...
Posts: 485
Am i a groupie for being thankful for someone who is making a mod out of thier own free time? Bah.

I know you are more worried about nf duels and you don't want all the skills you made to suddenly be usless or having a drastically different game, which is fine, but don't instult others for not caring about it, it is a valid point in your eyes but not everyone's.

No, i don't want to start any flame war Jah, but it is kinda annoying when you do that.


Anyway, i would want to be part of an weekly server gathering, if ping isnt too bad, because when i connected to jah's server i had quite a high ping, didnt effect me much but others might not be so lucky...
zerowingzero is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 06:13 PM   #108
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike


*sigh*

Just when I thought I could get some real debate going....

If you must slip back into flaming then so be it. If you are calling me a kid you must be in your older then me, which would make almost 30, if you aren't almost 30, show some respect to your elders son.

As for great laughs - Art addressed your gun concern yet you still won't accept the idea. Do you have to have weak sabers to stand up for yourself? Ha!

Are you happy now Jah?

By the way I got that yellow paint, show up at Spider Al's suggested servers so I can apply a nice thick coat to that poor excuse for a spine of yours.
I told you before I have a server where we can play, promod if you wish. I wanna play you with mega damage and with sane damage also. None of this full force ffa with guns nonsense. duel 1 on 1. One set of 10 with default promod damage and one set of 10 with sensible (tweaked) damage.

Like I say you havent even tried the settings i mentioned perhaps its time you experienced it. At least then you would have an informed opinion rather than just cruising for a reaction from people by making arguments of things you know nothing of. I've tried both and I know which i prefer, you've tried one setting and have made your mind up from that. Is it not logical to use a comparison?!?!

Having an opinion and being opinionated are two different things sonny boy.


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #109
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by zerowingzero
Am i a groupie for being thankful for someone who is making a mod out of thier own free time? Bah.

I know you are more worried about nf duels and you don't want all the skills you made to suddenly be usless or having a drastically different game, which is fine, but don't instult others for not caring about it, it is a valid point in your eyes but not everyone's.

No, i don't want to start any flame war Jah, but it is kinda annoying when you do that.


Anyway, i would want to be part of an weekly server gathering, if ping isnt too bad, because when i connected to jah's server i had quite a high ping, didnt effect me much but others might not be so lucky...
Dude,

I aint flaming You nor Artifex, what Artifex is attempting to do with promod is nothing short of heroic.

As promod is at the moment it is FAR from a finished article and I'm sure Artifex will agree with that. It does not cater in the slightest for duel servers in its present form and as such needs tweaking to make it so... be it server side or worked into later betas or (fingers crossed) a finished article.

As for bringing back the old moves that everyone whined about if they are tweaked in a way like Fatal outlined earlier then that does not sound too bad, but it will need to be done very very carefully.

As far as this flame war between myself and FatalStroke, its a war of words and means nothing, and for the record I did not instigate the WAR!!! muhahahaha. Don't take it too seriously Zero, I certainly am not.


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 06:29 PM   #110
zerowingzero
 
zerowingzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Yes please. No Wait...
Posts: 485
You did refer to me as "ArtifeX's personal fanclub" awhile back too.
And those buggy "spining moves" are gone, so after this version i am to belive any bugs that may be found will be the result of new added features, like the duel sabers or somthing, and i agree that it isnt done, but as it is Promod beta 2 is VERY playable in ffas
zerowingzero is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 09:18 PM   #111
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


I told you before I have a server where we can play, promod if you wish. I wanna play you with mega damage and with sane damage also. None of this full force ffa with guns nonsense. duel 1 on 1. One set of 10 with default promod damage and one set of 10 with sensible (tweaked) damage.

Like I say you havent even tried the settings i mentioned perhaps its time you experienced it. At least then you would have an informed opinion rather than just cruising for a reaction from people by making arguments of things you know nothing of. I've tried both and I know which i prefer, you've tried one setting and have made your mind up from that. Is it not logical to use a comparison?!?!

Having an opinion and being opinionated are two different things sonny boy.
LoL Jah, what is your server name. I need some practice on it first and then you are on. I shouldn't need to long so lets play this weekend. That good for you?








you opinionated bastard lol


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 09:38 PM   #112
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike


LoL Jah, what is your server name. I need some practice on it first and then you are on. I shouldn't need to long so lets play this weekend. That good for you?








you opinionated bastard lol
Cool wiv me bro, I'm at a weding on saturday, (thankfully not mine) but I'm sure we can fix something up.

will PM you when I get a slot sorted.

any preference of map?
I think matrix dojo is a fairly even map but if you have a fave or something and i got it we can do that. we got most of the decent ones so its your call.

*reaches for steroids and ounce of amphetamines*

Yeah I'm opinionated






































especially if it gets you started


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 09:39 PM   #113
Psionic Jedi
 
Psionic Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Reborn Correctional Institute
Posts: 391
Re: New Patch

Quote:
Originally posted by ExarDunnan
I think that raven should release a new patch that enhances gameplay some. For one thing, if you shoot someone with a killing blow when trhey are in the air, they'll have the regular falling motion, but they're already "laying down" in the air before they hit the ground. Also, if you pull a corpse off the ground, they'll fly around stiff as a board (then make a nice WHOMP noise when they hit the ground, but that's not the point). I think the in-air animations should be improved, like if they just kinda fliped around when they fell. It probably seems kinda picky of me to be annoyed by this, but I think that if the lifeless stormtrooper corpses are going to fly through the air, they should do it with style!!!
Uh, all of those suggestions have absolutely nothing with gameplay. They're all cosmetic and will probably take it's toll on FPS as well. How can you concentrate on the death animation of one opponent when there are a dozen more aiming at you in an FFA?

Right. Patches are more gameplay-correction oriented than graphics updates.

EDIT: I'm just going to bypass the clash of egos ^_^


Without fear, there is no courage
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
This would be really funny if it weren't happening to me.
In the land of California, in the heat of San Jose the dark haired PSIONIC JEDI forged in secret a master computer to control all others and into this computer he poured his money, his computer parts and many screws
One computer to rule them all. One computer to find the foes
One computer to bring them all to hell and in the darkness conquer
In the online gaming world where the envying ones lie.
-Original dito119
Psionic Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 09:43 PM   #114
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by zerowingzero
You did refer to me as "ArtifeX's personal fanclub" awhile back too.
And those buggy "spining moves" are gone, so after this version i am to belive any bugs that may be found will be the result of new added features, like the duel sabers or somthing, and i agree that it isnt done, but as it is Promod beta 2 is VERY playable in ffas
Zero man I dunno where you're getting all this that I flamed you, Its very weird mate. Take my word, nothing directed at you in what I've posted. F'real.

When you came over to the server that day I thought you were a stand up guy so this confuses me.


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:06 PM   #115
zerowingzero
 
zerowingzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Yes please. No Wait...
Posts: 485
No we are still cool, just seems like you think the promod "groupies" are ignoring your nf duel needs.

Just keeping it real son.
zerowingzero is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:26 PM   #116
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


Cool wiv me bro, I'm at a weding on saturday, (thankfully not mine) but I'm sure we can fix something up.

will PM you when I get a slot sorted.

any preference of map?
I think matrix dojo is a fairly even map but if you have a fave or something and i got it we can do that. we got most of the decent ones so its your call.
I don't have the matrix Dojo but allow the server to download and I will DL it from there. I don't really care wich duel area it is, as long as it has flat areas in which to duel.

Hey can you allow force jumping? I don't really like no force jumping, but if it a big deal its not that important.



Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
*reaches for steroids and ounce of amphetamines*

Yeah I'm opinionated

especially if it gets you started
Are you hitting on me? Sorry man I'm not into guys, but your sister/female cousin/mom can call drop me a line if she wants.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-08-2002, 10:59 PM   #117
Jah Warrior
part time waster
 
Jah Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike


I don't have the matrix Dojo but allow the server to download and I will DL it from there. I don't really care wich duel area it is, as long as it has flat areas in which to duel.

Hey can you allow force jumping? I don't really like no force jumping, but if it a big deal its not that important.





Are you hitting on me? Sorry man I'm not into guys, but your sister/female cousin/mom can call drop me a line if she wants.
Yeah jump enabled, we may as well make it a default map then, it dont matter which as long as not battleground jedi.

As for hitting 'on' you, i'll pass but I'd love to 'hit' you junior.


Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may:
Old 10-09-2002, 09:45 AM   #118
ArtifeX
 
ArtifeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 946
ProMod weekly game night

I'd be willing to dedicate a night for some saber-only gaming.

How does every thursday at 8:00pm EST (-5 GMT) sound? That'd give me a chance to answer questions for anyone new to the game also.

Maybe then Jah and Fatal could work out some frustrations on the other's person. :O


Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may:
Old 10-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #119
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior


Yeah jump enabled, we may as well make it a default map then, it dont matter which as long as not battleground jedi.
Cool.


Quote:
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
As for hitting 'on' you, i'll pass but I'd love to 'hit' you junior.
hehe well said!


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 10-09-2002, 09:50 AM   #120
FatalStrike
 
FatalStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: WWII
Posts: 736
Re: ProMod weekly game night

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtifeX
I'd be willing to dedicate a night for some saber-only gaming.

How does every thursday at 8:00pm EST (-5 GMT) sound? That'd give me a chance to answer questions for anyone new to the game also.

Maybe then Jah and Fatal could work out some frustrations on the other's person. :O
Shameless Plug!!!

I will cruise by for some ProMod on Thursday, I have been playing on the servers Spider Al suggested and I am getting sick of clan member that think they "own" and then call me a "heavy whore" when I kill them.


Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > New Patch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.