lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: multiplayer prob
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-30-2002, 12:45 AM   #1
NanashiKnight

multiplayer prob

ok me and a friend wanna play online but whenever he makes a game i cant find it on the list, and when i make one he cant find it...any help?
NanashiKnight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2002, 01:23 AM   #2
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?

You're probably making listen servers... you know, were you jsut click "Create a Server" on the menu... you need to have each other's IP to connect

when you have his IP, open the console (shift + ~) and type:

connect <IP>

That should do it, if you need to know how to find your IP, let me know
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2002, 04:28 AM   #3
NanashiKnight

ya but we'd like other people to be able to join to, so shouldnt your game appear on the list when you make a server?or does making it a "pure server" have anything to do with it?
NanashiKnight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2002, 05:20 AM   #4
Darth Kaan

The easiest way to play with a friend, go to the ingame browser and type in the IP to the server adding it to your favorites list.

For a dedicated server you need to use the server files which you can get by clicking here.

Darth Kaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2002, 09:38 AM   #5
teleguy

To create a dedicated server you only have to change "Dedicated Server : No" to "Dedicated Server : Internet" at the bottom of the "Create A New Multiplayergame" screen.
You can also use Jedi Runner . It has more options .

If you want your listen server on the list checkout http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=63491

And I suggest that you use the All-Seeing Eye . It is much more reliable than the in-game browser.

Last edited by teleguy; 09-30-2002 at 09:50 AM.
teleguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2002, 10:01 AM   #6
griff38

Remember you should both have the same version, preferably 1.04. I recently did a reinstall and could not find or search my favorite servers. I had forgotten to re-run the 1.04 patch. As soon as I did they appeared.
It should not matter if pure server is selected or not.
You could also try searching for your friends "NAME" in the search player box. Good luck.
griff38 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > multiplayer prob