lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New animations POSSIBLE for jk2
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-15-2002, 11:39 PM   #41
Gram_Reaper

Hey guys, lets not start a big flaming war. We all can base that jedi are based off something, but who cares. I dont think it really matters in the modeling forums. But the force can be used like it can in jk2. If you dont know jedi are always using the force while fighting. They use it to predict their opponents moves and feelings.

You know whats anoying guy. When bugs fly up your nose and when you blow your nose, bugs are in your boogers guy!- Cal
Gram_Reaper is offline   you may:
Old 10-16-2002, 12:28 AM   #42
Enjoi9187

Re: my whole take on jedi's usin force powers durring a fight

Quote:
Originally posted by ShogunBlade
ok... well we have seen in 5 movies why jk2 is a bit un realistic... hasnt it occured to you people that every time foce is used in the movies it is thru either closed eyes or half lidded eyes...
What about when maul threw the debris in the MIDDLE of a battle to open the door in DOTF.

Or the fact that obi wan and qui gon both used force speed WHILE using the force to weild their sabers and reflect the droideka's shots back at them (and it does require force as pointed out in SOTE and some other UT books)

Enjoi9187 is offline   you may:
Old 10-16-2002, 02:22 AM   #43
Matariel

Location: My house. (not some fanboy reference to some crappy EU location...)
sorry, i didnt mean to 'flame' (but my last post was a bit of an essay), i just got into the samurai thing because of the animation, the samurai fighting style is used by the jedi

a well trained jedi can use the force with little effort, deflecting lasers, throwing things around etc... but i dont pay any attention to the books, just what i see in the movies- and in the movies they frequently use the force without stopping, closing their eyes or whatever you say they do, so jk2 is true to the movies (kyle afterall is a pretty good jedi, not trained much but 'the force is strong with him')

keep smiling

Gendou Ikari: Science is what makes man powerful
Kouzou Fuyutsuki: That kind of self-righteous arrogance is what caused the tragedy of fifteen years ago, the second impact. And here, before us, is the end result. This is a far great punishment than mankind deserved. This is the real Dead Sea.

(I finished this quote just for you, Jolly Elf)
Matariel is offline   you may:
Old 10-16-2002, 09:36 AM   #44
ShogunBlade

yoda had to concentrate because he was lifting an X-wing for christs sake!

ummm size matters not remember... ok i will try to clarify so this silly flame can be extinguished... yes maul did point down turn his head and flip his finger to the control panel... and as i said earlier in one of my posts that push pull and force jump were used in jedi fighting... obiwan and qui gon used force speed to elude the droideka's laser deflection with a saber falls under the saber usage 101 handbook you will find that ALL jedi can do this to some degree... no i do not read expanded universe books.. that is not lucas's vision.. his company merely said ok you can write about our characters but i have the reserved right to alter anything i want because i am george lucas... for all you samurai activists out there read Shogun... it will shed a whole new and historic light on the samurai... and as far as new animations go.. i didnt think it was possible without something like maya 3 or sumjunk

one more thing.... luke and anakin both are supposed to be the best of the best as far as jedi go.. meaning thier sensitivity was supposed to be extrordinary.. luke more so than anakins.. still not convinced that maybe anakin gets cloned by the emperor... anyway thats my two copper

"I say poopie to you!"
ShogunBlade is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2002, 05:48 AM   #45
Matariel

Location: My house. (not some fanboy reference to some crappy EU location...)
anikin cloned? where the heck did you hear that?? this is what im talking about, people adding random crap to the star wars storyline!! if it is not said in plain english in any of the movies, its not true, simple as that...star wars was not meant to be read into that much, its really a simple story...they just explain a chance meeting like that as 'the will of the force' etc etc

and by the way, new animation will be possible if you wanna reanimate the models using XSI (like raven did), but thats a long and bitchy process unless you have access to a multi thousand dollar mo-cap rig, simple as that

Gendou Ikari: Science is what makes man powerful
Kouzou Fuyutsuki: That kind of self-righteous arrogance is what caused the tragedy of fifteen years ago, the second impact. And here, before us, is the end result. This is a far great punishment than mankind deserved. This is the real Dead Sea.

(I finished this quote just for you, Jolly Elf)
Matariel is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2002, 06:49 AM   #46
Enjoi9187

Re: yoda had to concentrate because he was lifting an X-wing for christs sake!

Quote:

ummm size matters not remember... ok i will try to clarify so this silly flame can be extinguished... yes maul did point down turn his head and flip his finger to the control panel... and as i said earlier in one of my posts that push pull and force jump were used in jedi fighting... obiwan and qui gon used force speed to elude the droideka's laser deflection with a saber falls under the saber usage 101 handbook you will find that ALL jedi can do this to some degree... no i do not read expanded universe books.. that is not lucas's vision.. his company merely said ok you can write about our characters but i have the reserved right to alter anything i want because i am george lucas... for all you samurai activists out there read Shogun... it will shed a whole new and historic light on the samurai... and as far as new animations go.. i didnt think it was possible without something like maya 3 or sumjunk

one more thing.... luke and anakin both are supposed to be the best of the best as far as jedi go.. meaning thier sensitivity was supposed to be extrordinary.. luke more so than anakins.. still not convinced that maybe anakin gets cloned by the emperor... anyway thats my two copper
anakin being cloned? i REALLY think if that happens it would make TONS of star wars fans become star trek fans, because finding out that the one and only known darth vader is a clone? that would piss me off, and im a HUGE star wars fan. And that would TOTALLY offset all of the EU books.

Enjoi9187 is offline   you may:
Old 10-19-2002, 11:08 PM   #47
Darsha_x1

alot of jedis do alot of fast swinging and fancy twriling , the fighting stances and the way u fight with the saber sux "BAD" there needs to be more twriling and faster moves , would that be possable to make?
Darsha_x1 is offline   you may:
Old 10-23-2002, 03:29 AM   #48
Mr Tim

Samurai etc

Quote:
for all you samurai activists out there read Shogun... it will shed a whole new and historic light on the samurai...
Kind of, but not really. Shogun gives quite a Western interpretation of Japanese history. You'd be better off reading something like Taiko by Eiji Yoshikawa (and which incidentally coincides with the name I use in-game), or Musashi by the same author.

Anyhow, on this whole topic:

George Lucas asked the conceptual artists that Darth Vader's costume, etc be inspired by the look of samurai armour.

The idea of jedi as knights with an honour code, etc and cool swords takes some inspiration from samurai. However, samurai, at least by the 15th Century, were simply the elite and the warrior class in Japanese society.

However, one of the guiding principles in bushido, the samurai 'code of honour' was about fighting hard and dying honourably in battle - not overly a jedi-like characteristic. Similarly, for a samurai, it was better to die in battle than be captured, which does not hold true for jedi. Jedi are there to uphold the peace; samurai were to fight and protect the honour of their masters without question. Also, Jedi wouldn't pursue a retreating army any ensure they killed as many as possible. Also, Jedi wouldn't cut off and display the heads of their dead opponents as a display of their success and honour in battle. Also Jedi don't seem to enjoy the right of taking the head of anyone below them in the societal structure for only the slightest reason, or for no reason at all.

As for lightsabre fights, from what I remember of interviews with the stunt coordinator/swordmaster for the films, it's a combination of kendo with western styles of sword-fighting, not so much fencing as we see it now, but more rapier or a lighter two-handed sword. And Dooku's style is quite akin to fencing, like foil or epee maybe.

All in all - some inspiration from samurai and Japanese flicks in Star Wars, but it's a bit simplistic to say that jedi ARE samurai; they're not an exact copy.
Mr Tim is offline   you may:
Old 10-23-2002, 10:59 AM   #49
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Re: Samurai etc

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Tim

Similarly, for a samurai, it was better to die in battle than be captured, which does not hold true for jedi.

All in all - some inspiration from samurai and Japanese flicks in Star Wars, but it's a bit simplistic to say that jedi ARE samurai; they're not an exact copy.
This really is a topic for the Swamp, not for the modeling forum. If you wish to continue it further I suggest you move it there before a moderator closes this thread.

However, in response to your post - in Episode 2, Mace says, "We will not be hostages to be bartered, Dooku." He knows at this point they can surrender and be captured, or die fighting. But perhaps this is just the exception to the rule you've posted.

Eldritch is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2003, 12:50 AM   #50
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know this is a dead thread, please don't flame. Any possible way I could get those spiders?

I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2003, 03:47 AM   #51
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Spiders? What are you talking about?

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #52
ImmolatedYoda

"please dont flame" he asks????
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, for brevity's sake:

Personal Computers > Consoles.
ImmolatedYoda is offline   you may:
Old 07-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #53
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yoda, goto hell.
Razor, first post in this thread.

I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 07-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #54
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

You should have started a new thread. Never under any circumstance should a thread be revived. People hate it, and consquently, will hate you, and consequently, you'll have less help now.
Emon is offline   you may:
Old 07-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #55
CortoCG

Animations stuff is an old subject on JO, almost forgotten. The only real updates/progresses on the subject after finding out that new skeletons and animations can be loaded on SP, are Wudan's GLANeo research and RPG MOD's conding miracle to load non _humanoid npcs on MP.

And that's no tweaking tricking stuff.

Eitherway, the last words on star wars shooters editing will come with JA. Which is promising several improvements and to be more mod friendly than JO.

Dark Forces Mod: Modeler, animator, coder.

For more detail about my work visit my website
CortoCG is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > New animations POSSIBLE for jk2