lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anchorhead / Toschi Station
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-21-2002, 12:41 AM   #81
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Question EXTRA QUESTIONS!

1. Should I change the secret tunnel from behind the bar in the BLUE base to a slide?

2. Should I swap the BLUE skyhopper objective and the RED tractor beam objective (So that BLUE can destroy the tractor beam!)?

3. Are there enough SAGA objectives?
monsoontide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2002, 01:19 AM   #82
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Re: EXTRA QUESTIONS!

Quote:
Originally posted by monsoontide
1. Should I change the secret tunnel from behind the bar in the BLUE base to a slide?

2. Should I swap the BLUE skyhopper objective and the RED tractor beam objective (So that BLUE can destroy the tractor beam!)?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. There are enough. If there's a couple people playing, it will take a long time to meet the objectives, so 3 is good for now (I think).

-Anakin

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2002, 01:48 AM   #83
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Finally managed to have a game vs SunBurn - very cool.
The ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt files have to be identical to the ones on the server! I'll make sure this is noted in the release!
We tested SAGA (Which with just two people playing and a few bots - who need re routing, turns into a bit of a race!)
and JEDIMASTER which was also good fun!

Thanks for the answers Jedi_Anakin_S
If you want to try and join SunBurns server, get him to send you his ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt (And instructions if you need them)

Btw... there's currently 4 saga objectives per team.

Goodnight all.

Monsoontide!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:21 AM   #84
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Quote:
Finally managed to have a game vs SunBurn - very cool.
The ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt files have to be identical to the ones on the server! I'll make sure this is noted in the release!
We tested SAGA (Which with just two people playing and a few bots - who need re routing, turns into a bit of a race!)
and JEDIMASTER which was also good fun!

Thanks for the answers Jedi_Anakin_S
If you want to try and join SunBurns server, get him to send you his ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt (And instructions if you need them)

Btw... there's currently 4 saga objectives per team.

Goodnight all.

Monsoontide!
Sent you a PM, monsoontide... the password you emailed me hasn't worked for me, so I have been unable to download the updated map. Can ya help me out?

-Anakin

Old 10-21-2002, 10:53 AM   #85
Kengo

Re: EXTRA QUESTIONS!

Quote:

1. Not sure...

2. I guess the blue team removing the tractor beam makes more sense, and both objectives are in a similar area so it shouldn't effect the nice balance of the two side's objectives too much

3, I think a definate yes, even with just a few people who know what they are doing getting all the objectives isn't quick and easy, and with team of say 5 a side or more there can be defence of objectives too, and people going for different objectives, and so 4 each side will provide tons and tons of depth of playability and tactics. Any more than 4 objectives on a map this side could just get a bit confusing, I think 4 per side is about right

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2002, 01:07 PM   #86
SunBurN

Quote:
Any more than 4 objectives on a map this side could just get a bit confusing, I think 4 per side is about right
Yep, I agree! It took me awhile to remember all of the objectives for both sides, but I think I got it now!

I played it all day yesterday with my son (connected from our other computer) and I'm happy to say, there are NO major flaws! There is a few problems with the bots getting stuck in certain places, mainly in the outrider, but the creator is aware of this and is working on fixing this problem.

Monsoontide was finally able to connect after I sent him my gameinfo.txt file. It appears that the user has to have the same gameinfo.txt file as the server. Not sure why this is, but if you need me to send you mine, email me at: myownweatheredprison@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you.

Now for the big news....I beat the creator...hehe...only once though...he won 2 out of 3 times. pretty fun racing to get the objectives before him. I was fine unless I fell off a tower or catwalk, or ran into the bots we added that were "hanging out" in and around the outrider. Anyway, it was fun!

Quote:
It would be fun if it was a downward spiraling slide that ended falling in a pool of water

SunBurN

"Impressive, most impressive, but you are not a jedi yet"

Current project:
http://sunburn54.tripod.com/mapping

Last edited by SunBurN; 10-21-2002 at 03:37 PM.
SunBurN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2002, 07:16 PM   #87
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Still waiting on feedback from a couple of people.

You know who you are

Thanks to all who have been sending feedback - I still making changes based on your advice and bug testing - Not long til release date now (NOV 1).

(Then I can finish of the Scout Trooper Model & Blaster I'm working on!)

Monsoontide
Old 10-21-2002, 07:35 PM   #88
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

And you can help me with my project! LOL

-Anakin

Old 10-23-2002, 01:54 PM   #89
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up... I need All your feedback by SUNDAY if at all possible so I spend the last week implementing /tweaking/bugfixing!!!

I'm currently thinking of making a couple of the objectives trigger other things (Like Doors) but am not sure yet. Have to try to keep the game balanced! I think it might be easier being on BLUE currently - What do you think (red easier / Blue Easier?)

Monsoontide
Old 10-23-2002, 05:51 PM   #90
SunBurN

I think they're pretty balanced. With Red you have to go to cantina, way high up in tower, slave 1 and outrider and Blue you have to go to repair shop, way high up in sky hopper, Toschi sta. control room, and slave 1. Both teams have to go to pretty much the same areas to complete their objectives, so it seems pretty balanced to me.

Current project:
Old 10-23-2002, 06:57 PM   #91
Kengo

Quote:
Originally posted by SunBurN
I think they're pretty balanced. With Red you have to go to cantina, way high up in tower, slave 1 and outrider and Blue you have to go to repair shop, way high up in sky hopper, Toschi sta. control room, and slave 1. Both teams have to go to pretty much the same areas to complete their objectives, so it seems pretty balanced to me.
I'd agree myself, I think you'd be hard pushed to get it much more balanced

www.map-review.com
Old 10-23-2002, 08:19 PM   #92
Leslie Judge
Teacher

My feedback was sent couple of minutes ago.

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2002, 08:30 PM   #93
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Excellent screenshots Leslie!
Very helpful.
Just looking over everything now!

One more question for ALL TESTERS.

What names would you prefer to be credited as?

PM me or e-mail me!

Monsoontide
Old 10-23-2002, 08:38 PM   #94
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Exclamation

Does anyone know how to start BOT EDITING in any game mode other than FFA

A copule of reply comments from the screenshots.

1. You're supposed to be able to get through the "window" on the imperial base, though I may change that - as it's a bit too easy to get to the generator that way. (Comments on this?)

2. BOTS are stupid! (Actually I'm still working on refining the Bot routes as it really hard to get them to do what I want!)

3. Z-Fighting/Caulking/Lighting - I'll try and take care of all these issues. (In the New DOOM 3 Radiant, you can actually see the lighting & effects in the 3D preview window! - Can't wait til it comes out!)

4. I can only stop the lifts at two points without scripting them.

I'm just going to read the questionaire now!

Thanks again.
Monsoontide
Old 10-23-2002, 08:44 PM   #95
mariners2001

hey monsoontide,

i love the map. i wrote a huge long reply to your questionaire but before i could send it you released a new version. and remarkably all of the bugs i reports in my response were cleaned up in the new version. i think the map is incredible and i can't find much to fix or change now that you've updated. however, i'll get you a new response by sunday, though it won't be that long now that it is nearly perfect. great job!

PS. mariners2001 is fine listed in credit

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #96
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

monsoontide,

You have me listed in 2 places under beta testers in the readme... JEDI_Anakin_S and chris jahosky - i'm just one person, lol. Just so you can fix it.

Old 10-23-2002, 09:19 PM   #97
Kengo

Quote:
2. BOTS are stupid! (Actually I'm still working on refining the Bot routes as it really hard to get them to do what I want!)

3. Z-Fighting/Caulking/Lighting - I'll try and take care of all these issues. (In the New DOOM 3 Radiant, you can actually see the lighting & effects in the 3D preview window! - Can't wait til it comes out!)
2. Having worked on bot routing a bit myself recently, I heartily agree! I found it a challenge to move them around my extremely simple map, your map is extremely complex and getting bots acting like humans in it is some kind of challenge in itself! Bots just aren't very flexible, it's like trying to train an army of squirrels how to spell out S.O.S. (when seen from the air).

3. I think the quality of your overal build really shows through in how few z-fighting or lighting issues there are (I can't actually remember spotting any myself). That seeing lighting and effects in the 3d preview would be amazing

www.map-review.com
Old 10-24-2002, 02:13 PM   #98
Leslie Judge
Teacher

Quote:
A copule of reply comments from the screenshots.

1. You're supposed to be able to get through the "window" on the imperial base, though I may change that - as it's a bit too easy to get to the generator that way. (Comments on this?)

4. I can only stop the lifts at two points without scripting them.

1. Yeah, I think so. Make it harder!

2. Erm... in SAGA doesn't they have to go to the objectives? I took a look in your .saga file and it said that. So I was wondering why that bot wich is on one of the screenshots doesn't stay near that one it was passing by always.

It's OK that the bots are too stupid to find their way, it wasn't easy even for me.

3. Funny. When I saw OpenGL lighting in GtkRadiant for the first time I thought that means I can see the lighting effects in 3D view so I turned it on.

4. OK. Then isn't better if player couldn't call the lift at the middle door? It is not too high above the below platform. (Or func_train? )

L. J.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:15 AM   #99
SunBurN

In my humble opinion, the window to toschi sta control room IS what keeps things balanced! If Blue didn't have that access, then they would have a bit further to travel and manuver through than red team. Since all red has to do is go to the two ships up there...that can be done very easily by (after getting the yalmisari from the slave 1) going out and jumping up to the next walkway...then it's a short run to the outrider and then, two objectives are complete.

I think you should leave the window in and accessable to the control room .

SunBurN

Current project:
Old 10-25-2002, 05:34 AM   #100
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Just updating with a lsit of changes I've recently made.

1. There is now a stairway halfway between the RED & BLUE bases leading from level 1 to level 2. (There are pickups in the stairway)

2. I've changed the secret door in BLUE base (That was behind the bar) into a more obvious trap door behind the bar, that leads to a slide the empties you out at street level! It will only open when the rebels deactivate the generator objective!

3. The landspeeder is now out in the street and the pod engine is inside the workshop with another one and an energy binder between the two that will hurt if you walk through it!

4. There is - in theory an explosion in the Outriders engine when the RED team completes that objective - I can't tell if it works properly though as it's outside and I'm inside when I activate it!!! (It does go BOOM though!)

5. When the red team activates the Tractor Beam an effect appears 'zapping' the Outrider.

6. Added a speeder bike by the Slave1 towing the frozen Han Solo. (Just for my own amusement really!)

7. There are now 3 air VENTS alaong the crater walls that will PUSH the player over the edge if the player forgets to jump over the vent.

8. Changed the rotating thingy in the tractor beam thingy to an energy effect (So I can use the fun_brushes for something else - I think I only have one or two left before hitting the limit that will crash the map!!!)

9. I've added more junk in the junkyard, made the jukebox in the bar prettier, added a few more lights in the RED base and am in general tidy up / finish off phase.

ANY LAST FEEDBACK / REQUESTS FOR CHANGES / FIXES?

NB: The bots can't get to all the objectives owing to the fact that I haven't worked out how to bot edit in any mode except for FFA!

Monsoontide.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #101
SunBurN

That all sounds great! So when do you think the update will be ready and available for trial? I'm really looking forward to trying all of the new stuff you've added.

SunBurN

Current project:
Old 10-25-2002, 08:54 PM   #102
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Post FINAL TEST UPDATE

I'll try and have one last update for you all to test late this weekend.

Monsoontide
Old 10-26-2002, 03:57 PM   #103
TBS_SDF

I want to get a beta of the map plzzzz

Can i plz get a beta of you Awsome map i love it sooo much and I really want to get to test it i cant wait any longer plz plz plz! lol my e-mail is Yoda_man55@hotmail.com ty
TBS_SDF is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2002, 03:08 PM   #104
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

FINAL TEST RELEASE TODAY!

Hey guys, I'm just about to redo the BotRoutes for the changes map, then it'll be up later on today! Hope you like the changes.
(I'll put a list of changes in the ZIP file - Very important as the map now needs to be loaded from the MODS section!!! - No more screwing with the pk3 files to get SAGA working though!)

Sorry TBS_SDF but it's a bit late in the process now - you'll just have to wait til NOV 1st like everyoone else

Monsoontide
Old 10-27-2002, 03:17 PM   #105
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 thing

When are you going to release your scoutrooper PM me if i can beta test it ok bye

I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2002, 03:31 PM   #106
mariners2001

hey monsoontide, i just wanted to let you know that I just sent my response to you about the map via e-mail.

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2002, 08:46 PM   #107
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Post FINAAL UPDATE RELEASE!!!

The final update is now available for download from the usual place. (If you have problems accessing let me know straight away!)

PLEASE READ the readme as it contains important information on NEW INSTALLATION PROCEEDURES - which should take care of problems playing online!

Thanks and enjoy this final test B4 release.

As always ALL COMMENTS/FEEDBACK very much appreciated!

Monsoontide
Old 10-27-2002, 11:19 PM   #108
SunBurN

I can't get on the FTP site using either of the logon/passwords.

Anyone else? or is this just me?

SunBurN

Current project:
Old 10-27-2002, 11:28 PM   #109
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

They've been changed again!
Old 10-28-2002, 12:55 AM   #110
SunBurN

I sent you an email.

Current project:
Old 10-28-2002, 01:56 AM   #111
keo718
Jedi Council

Monsoon, the new password works, but I get somekind of error message.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Custom Avatar made by Aru-Wen
keo718 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2002, 02:13 AM   #112
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

I need more info!

What Kind of error message and for what? The FTP site, the zip, the GAME?

Monsoontide
Old 10-28-2002, 05:47 AM   #113
Leslie Judge
Teacher

I'm at work now, so I can't tell if the passwords are wrong. Monsoontide, could you send me the new ones just to be sure? In the evening I'll download it and try.

birolaszlo@hotmail.com

L. J.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:31 AM   #114
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

I must've gotten it before it gave errors, because the version I downloaded last night was fine. I played it last night and found a few bugs that I took screenshots of, but it was otherwise ok. I'll send you an email later 'cause right now i'm at college.

Old 10-28-2002, 08:52 PM   #115
Leslie Judge
Teacher

I made some screenshots, but it's too late to write anything. So I'll give you my feedback in 24 hours from now.

L. J.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:09 PM   #116
keo718
Jedi Council

Monsoontide, I just was able to get the file.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Custom Avatar made by Aru-Wen
keo718 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2002, 04:22 PM   #117
Leslie Judge
Teacher

OK, I've put the screenshots up to my site (address in the signature) in a zip file. I think they explain themselves as last time.

1. I really think the inner base areas have to be brighter.
2. The "texture alignment errors" on the screenshots. I'm not sure they really are errors of the map. Not all of them.
3. CTF. I tested it for about 15 minutes continuously changing team, and I can say I was mostly spawned somwhere around the Outrider. Only a few exceptions. It didn't depend on which team I joined.

L. J.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:21 PM   #118
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Excellent stuff Leslie! - I hope to take care of most of those problems - except the damn cracks - JK2RADIANT just doesn't have the level of control I need (GTK Radiant does but when compiled, the map no longer works!!!!!)

Any other last feedback from anyone else?

I have to start compiling tomorrow night!

Thanks

Monsoontide

Last edited by monsoontide; 10-29-2002 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:15 PM   #119
Kengo

Mine should be there soon man

www.map-review.com
Old 10-29-2002, 07:47 PM   #120
SunBurN

I'll try it again when I get home and see if I can find anything else.

SunBurN

Current project:
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Beta Testing > Anchorhead / Toschi Station