lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What do u think
Keep kyle 19 63.33%
Go with yadu\'s idea 11 36.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: I think a jk3 would be great only.....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-03-2002, 07:44 PM   #1
Matt-Liell
Long Haired Freaky Person

Location: Sitting in the back of My VW Microbus - In the Great White North
Post I think a jk3 would be great only.....

KYLE HAS GOT TO GO! he had his chance as a jedi, he blew it then went back and now hes about 50 years old! they could do something smart like make kyle get killed in the first level and create an adventure from there! the j2k style of game is great but they have got to get a new character! thats my opinion what do u think?

A Native Swampie!

Matt-Liell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I'm guessing an expansion would involve kyle or someone who has been close to kyle.

And JK3 would involve a new character.

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2002, 11:13 PM   #3
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Kill off Kyle? You're mad!
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
GonkH8er

Dude, he's like,...... 60 or something. Nature's gonna kill him off soon anyway

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
Old 10-04-2002, 01:02 AM   #5
thehomicidalegg

make a moon fall on his head
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
he's only about late 40's i believe.
and they souldnt kill off kyle! but also, theyshouldnt make jk3 anyways. jk2 is the end of the trilogy anyways

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 02:23 AM   #7
GonkH8er

who says it needs to be a trilogy....

could go another 5 i reckon

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
Old 10-04-2002, 03:31 AM   #8
mercatfat
Mojolicious

I think if a new character was necessary, a Metal Gear Solid 2 type approach of tricking you in all the previews to think it was 100% Kyle, then you play a few levels into the game and papow! New character. I'm thinking the first few levels I speak of being Kyle telling some stories to his son/young padawan, but you don't know that until he finishes. Cutscene ensues, his Son/padawan grows up, does the rest of the levels. Kyle shows up near the end and you team your way through a level or two. It'd be the greatest thing ever.
mercatfat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 04:47 AM   #9
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
bah, they would have to change the name if it wasnt about kyle. the DF/JK storyline is Kyles... the other charctrers can have their own game names..

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 07:34 AM   #10
The_Wounded

Nah they shouldn't make jk3 they better start a new title if they want to make another game.

-=Mo0o0o0o=-
The_Wounded is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 09:24 AM   #11
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
I think that they should definitely keep Kyle for the expansion pack for JKII.

However, for JKIII, I voted to "Keep Kyle", but on thinking about it, it would likely mean they'd have to come up with some new lame excuse for why he's starting the game with no saber or Force skills and two lousy weapons. JKII I could deal with - he severed himself from the Force after MotS and handed his saber to Luke, and they were on a 'blue milk run' so he only had his blaster. OK ... I can deal with that. But I whooped Dessann with boat loads o' Force power and Saber skill. I don't want to lose that, but I also think that the game benefits by growing you into the role by gradually increasing your force skills.

So maybe there is another way - Kyle's apprentice or something (yeah, I know, just like Mara in MotS).

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2002, 02:58 AM   #12
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

I would like to keep Kyle. It is not the end of Kyle's story anyways. And you don't need to kill him to have a new hero.
Besides what would poor Jan do?

Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means you failed to tell me.
TheWhiteRaider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2002, 03:11 AM   #13
Jon'a

i agree...

kyle is an old geezer.
i replayed the single player and cringed everytime i saw his grey hairs on his head.

a younger lead character should be the hero for jk3.
heck, have an ensemble of young jedi (male and female).

also...i think the saber combat system needs to be slightly redone.
too many people complained about the saber combat system of jk2 which ended up nerfing the entire system to hell.

FenixDown
{BSoV}FenixDown
Jon'a is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2002, 03:18 AM   #14
<|DLS|>Darth Fett

I say, make a game that has nothing to do wih kyle! More like its lukes quest. I say Bring back luke!

http://webpages.charter.net/LDraganus/DarthFettsig.jpg

Come to the <|DLS|> website and look around.
http://www.darklegionofthesith.tk
btw we rule, and we will own u!
<|DLS|>Darth Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2002, 05:34 PM   #15
Naphtali

I feek somehow Kyle should get killed, or have the stiry tooken from him in someway.

Or they should restart the series in the prequel era

Naphtali is HARD
AS HELL
BATTLE ANYBODY I DONT CARE
WHO YOU TELL
Naphtali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2002, 06:31 PM   #16
Lightning

kill the main jk character?? well now that's a good idea
Lightning is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 01:24 AM   #17
Psionic Jedi

Quote:
Originally posted by GonkH8er
Dude, he's like,...... 60 or something. Nature's gonna kill him off soon anyway
Nah, think of the Emperor and Ben Kenobi.

They are all old timers but can still whoop arse. Though Kyle sure has seen alot of action.. maybe he should settle down with Jan or something.

Without fear, there is no courage
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
This would be really funny if it weren't happening to me.
In the land of California, in the heat of San Jose the dark haired PSIONIC JEDI forged in secret a master computer to control all others and into this computer he poured his money, his computer parts and many screws
One computer to rule them all. One computer to find the foes
One computer to bring them all to hell and in the darkness conquer
In the online gaming world where the envying ones lie.
-Original dito119
Psionic Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 07:40 AM   #18
Darth Kaan

They need to make a Sith vs Jedi campaign game with dynamically generated missions instead of the scripted type In JKII. A campaign generator and mission builder would be awesome. Also, being able to play either side would be a must.

Doubt they will do it, because it would be to good of an idea and take some really talented programmers.

Darth Kaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 12:26 PM   #19
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
They need to make a Sith vs Jedi campaign game with dynamically generated missions instead of the scripted type In JKII. A campaign generator and mission builder would be awesome. Also, being able to play either side would be a must.

Doubt they will do it, because it would be to good of an idea and take some really talented programmers.
To an extent, it is just an extension of the Soldier of Fortune II RMG (Random Mission Generator). That is nice, but I agree that it would need some serious extensions for Jedi Knight use.

That has been something I've been hoping for since seeing it in SoFII ...

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:31 PM   #20
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon'a
i agree...

kyle is an old geezer.
i replayed the single player and cringed everytime i saw his grey hairs on his head.

a younger lead character should be the hero for jk3.
heck, have an ensemble of young jedi (male and female).

also...i think the saber combat system needs to be slightly redone.
too many people complained about the saber combat system of jk2 which ended up nerfing the entire system to hell.
... perhaps it is my own quantity of grey hair - paired with my own vitality - that makes Kyle's age not bother me ...

As for the saber combat system, I think that the major complaints were about damage levels, although a new game could improve on the 'direct control' vs. 'scripted control' balance.

Mike

Old 10-06-2002, 07:51 PM   #21
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Yes, the civilians in the original JK added such a lot of atmosphere, even though they were as wooden as furniture. Imagine how much atmosphere they'd add if they were more interactive? The mind boggles!

And Kyle is the star of the DF series, there's no getting rid of him. He's a classic computer game character, and we've all grown used to fighting his darned battles for him. Kyle's the man.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #22
nabby19

especially when he is in his dashing blue uniform eh?
nabby19 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #23
Darth Vicious

Officially, Kyle returned to the Jedi order and became a Combat instructor to the young Jedi Knights at the Luke's praxeum... He also took on several apprentices, but as they rose to Jedi Knight status, pretty much all of his former padawans were killed fighting the Yuuzhan Vong invasion...

With the destruction of the Jedi academy on Yavin IV and the death of many of his former students, Kyle is losing hope that the Jedi could ever emerge victorious. (That's all pre-SbS information, though.)
Darth Vicious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 06:57 AM   #24
patchx

Location: fiery depths of hell sticking my pitch fork thru the guy who voiced jar jar's head
they should make the expansion starring Tavion, dagnabit

shes perfect for the role, she could start off still pretty darksidey but her powers change during the game to lightside

therefore you would get the thrill of earning new powers without having to wade through the crappy no force gun battles bits

plus you could experience using darkside powers without it contradicting every other bit of star wars info (canon and non canon)about jedi and the acceptability of using the DS

by the end, through whatever personal journey she undertakes and with the aid of whoever's guidance (insert Kyle or Luke or kyp or mara or whoever, here)
she would be a proper lightside jedi with no lingering dark side powers.

see how thoughtfull and suprised she was when kyle let her live?
that woulda given her pause to think about her opposition to the jedi etcopening her to the lightside

-patch

-patch
patchx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 02:08 PM   #25
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Patch's Tavion idea

I would really, really love to see a two-sided expansion pack ... one side would have you play as Kyle, the other as Tavion.

The whole thought of a converted Tavion was very much left open, but I've always been bugged by this EU sensibility in which Dark and Light are so fluidly gone between (among other things ... the whole NJO premise is so ST derived, let's take the Borg, but make it anti-technology rather than total technology, and blind in the force rather than adaptable to weapons). I believe that the Vader thing was a singular event, so I don't know how I'd feel about Tavion becoming a light Jedi all of a sudden ...

Old 10-08-2002, 09:08 PM   #26
patchx

Location: fiery depths of hell sticking my pitch fork thru the guy who voiced jar jar's head
i think the turning away from the dark could be done with Tavion becasue she was just an apprectice

kyle; "wheres your master apprentice?"

though i agree that the eu's seemingly constant stream of jedi/darkjedi/jedi conversions are a bit stupid, especially what happens in Dark Journey.

-patch
patchx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #27
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

I would agree that a story where you can play both sides would add more value to the game.

Just because I don't know something doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means you failed to tell me.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #28
Matt-Liell
Long Haired Freaky Person

Location: Sitting in the back of My VW Microbus - In the Great White North
i didnt know kyle was loved so much! well i guess this thread should be closed now!

A Native Swampie!

Matt-Liell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2002, 05:24 PM   #29
Arreat

i got a good idea... he dies of a heart attack!!!

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
Arreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2002, 06:30 PM   #30
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

With the events of Episode II, I beleive it shows that the Force is much more forgiving than the OT implies. Heck, Anakin killed a WHOLE village of people and other jedi didn't sense him being a dark sider.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2002, 12:10 AM   #31
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
There's no reason to kill Kyle off.

As I said before in another thread (somewhere), you could easily have a story around Kyle as a Jedi Master...and introduce other characters, in the form of his apprentices, or even simple acquaintances.

Maybe he makes the same mistake as Obi-Wan and has to hunt down an apprentice who turns to the Dark side. Or maybe Kyle is struck down by the same, his life hanging by a thread, and one of his apprentices has to hunt the perpetrator. There are so many different ways of introducing new characters without having to do away with the old...

Besides, some of us mid-30's guys can identify with the grey.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2002, 01:27 AM   #32
hansmoleman

ok i dunno if most of you havent noticed this or not but kyle is a wimp!!! Look at his skinny arms, his pathetic mustache and gray hair. I'm not saying old ppl cant be 1337 but kyle just doesnt cut it. :P
If you look at some of the screenshots from the original dark forces id say kyle was pretty bad ass with his big chest muscles and cool looking jacket and body armor. But now.... hes a old pansy wearing skin-tight clothing. of course that was a long time ago kyle was like 25 making jan about....17,18 by her looks
lastly he's been in 3 games and he needs to retire before his reputation gets ruined or he just gets boring, which he already is starting to become.
Bottom line kyle has to go, he deserves it and we deserve a change

plz dont flame me I already have 3rd degree burn on my buttocks

http://hansmoleman.cjb.net
hansmoleman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2002, 12:59 AM   #33
TheWhiteRaider
White as Snow.

First I say tht Young people know less. So a new one would have to learn it all over again! Name one very young guy that was on the Jedi counsle. Ok old people are wiser. Obi-won is a good example. He was some what ignorant in EP1 and he was wiser in EP2 and look where he got in EP4. I don't care about age.

Old 10-15-2002, 01:21 AM   #34
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

I agree. Dooku looks REALLY old but he can still kick some @$$.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2002, 02:33 AM   #35
thehomicidalegg

Dooku's old? What about the Emperor?
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2002, 02:42 AM   #36
Raptor2001

Lightbulb Idea

Perhaps have JK3 be like the original Jediknight where you have the ability to choose to follow light OR dark depending on your actions... I personally thought that was one of the cooler aspects of the original game. Would be kind of hard to do with Kyle though. Hehe, or perhaps make JK3 what happens if you chose the dark side in the original...
Raptor2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2002, 07:50 AM   #37
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
im probably gonna get murdered for this but what about settting it in the NJO era where Kyle goes to fight the Yuuzan Vong and has to choose between extracting revenge and just plain fighting them a la JK?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2002, 07:56 AM   #38
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by jokemaster
im probably gonna get murdered for this but what about settting it in the NJO era where Kyle goes to fight the Yuuzan Vong and has to choose between extracting revenge and just plain fighting them a la JK?
Personally, I hate the whole Star-Trek derivative nature of the YV. I like Star Wars, like Star Trek, like much of the EU, hate the NJO because of the YV.

Would I buy a JKIII based around it ... ? Sure, but I'd rather they not do it ...

Mike

Old 10-16-2002, 03:56 AM   #39
Vega Nite

dont just kill him

Do you want another Chewbaca death or something. Kyle has to die for a reason and he has to die. Not cause hes old but because he can't really keep the flow for the JK saga. I have a story where Kyle is still kicking but old and he has trained a few aprentices adn one day falls upon a dark jedi that has never been part of the academy. So he goes out to pursue him to discover who trained him and ends up discovering a big secret, but of course you dont know the secret kyle just goes into aw when he discovers where this dark jedi came from. Then right when he turns around theres the dark jedi and kyles head gets lopped off. Its now been 700 years later and Luke is still kicking and doing the Yoda thing but without the speach impetement. An old master is nearing completion of training his aprentice who is believed to be a gemini of the force (they dont know what it means but his twin brother was born with the ability to create life using the force so thats why they think the he and his brother are two halves of a gemini). One day his master has the same fate befall as Kyle did but doesn't get killed or even get to fallow the dark jedi. So he discovers what happened to kyle and goes to unravel what happened to him while his padawan (named Uron and now done with his training) goes to track down his father and brothers slayer (his brother is alive though but he doesn't know it). And well can't say more cause it will ruin the storys suprise if I can make it a TC or a book or something. But thats how Kyle should die.

Vega Nite
Vega Nite is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2002, 03:36 PM   #40
ckcsaber
Almost there

They need a new char.
ckcsaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > I think a jk3 would be great only.....