lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: They Caught The Sniper!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-24-2002, 01:38 PM   #1
The Seeker

They Caught The Sniper!!!

Full story here

And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

OMG Jedi Knight 4!!!
The Seeker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 01:40 PM   #2
Kstar__2
chaos

i so hope that that is the one

+[size=0.5]http://kstar.deviantart.com[/size]
Kstar__2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
Skate Boy
Nightcrawler

Me too. I'm sick of hearing about him on the news.
Skate Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 01:42 PM   #4
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
KWEEL! HMMM, black guy (I am not a racist)

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013
TiE23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #5
Pvt_Dancer

Its entirely possible that its these two guys. Jury isn't in yet though. Innocent until proven guilty. Thats our way.... or whatever. Not like we stick to that. Seems as soon as someone is picked up we as a country ALWAYS write them off as guilty stright away. Maybe this should go in the "why usa is f'ed up" thread.

On another topic.... news. Bah! They don't know anything yet either... they are just reporting like they do. Wait and see what happens and even then... gather your news from as many sources as possible and draw your own conclusions. Everyone has motives and submotives for what they do. Even reporters.

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Pvt_Dancer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
FatalStrike

I think they got them

They found a Bushmaster .223, please note that all the slaying were done with a .223 caliber rifle.

They found a Scope and a Tripod.

They found the car had a hole in the back which would allow you to shoot from inside the car.

If it isn't him I would be surprised.

Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 02:39 PM   #7
PhantomHelix
Burning Hybrid

well, judging by the fact that this guy has eluded SWAT, CIA, FBI, and the police, and he leaves notes to cops and is obviously confident he wont get caught soon, he must be very good, and there is a chance these guys aren't responsible. besides, all of the snipings were done from above, not from ground level...

PhantomHelix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 03:00 PM   #8
FatalStrike

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomHelix
all of the snipings were done from above, not from ground level...

Not true.

Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #9
Kstar__2
chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomHelix
besides, all of the snipings were done from above, not from ground level...
what? like from a plane?:/ don't think so

+[size=0.5]http://kstar.deviantart.com[/size]
Kstar__2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 03:35 PM   #10
Breton
Ta deg en bolle

I told you, it was a military sniper guy who got nuts.

Penger er for kapitalister
kun papir for meg
s lenge jeg har penger til tippefrister
kan gjerne karl johan bli motorvei for meg

Postgirobygget, "Slv uten dop"
Breton is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 03:48 PM   #11
Boba Fife

Arrow Anything's possible but....

Without actually jumping to conclusions, it's difficult to have a "let's just wait n' see" outlook. In all reality, these two are the ones responsible. There are too many clues and pieces that fit together in a cohesive "these are definitely the guys" puzzle.

Supposedly, a man was murdered in Alabama back in September. A letter was found in the vicinity of the body which contained the fingerprints of John "Mohammed" Malvo who was arrested this morning. HE was the one who told police to check into a murder in Alabama!!

My Spidey sense tells me that they have their men. Now it'll be interesting to see how things unfold.

I, admittedly, was taken aback when I learned that the suspects were African-American. Nobody called that one.

"All of the snipings were done from above."??? Where did you hear that?? Maybe from a high point of ground, but not from a chopper or airplane. And none of the targets looked as if they were in proximity to bell or water towers or whatnot. (I think you've seen 'Saving Private Ryan' too many times)
Boba Fife is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 05:36 PM   #12
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
I hope they caught the right guy......

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 05:43 PM   #13
Acrylic

Me too, and I hope all of us that live in the USA here dont start dying, becauses that would be really sad if our whole nation got wiped out...do you know what kind of affect that would have on the whole world o_O.....plus how many people would die????????? God, I dont wanna die, Im only 13, I'm too young to die :'-(

Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 06:08 PM   #14
Tyrion
nothing is real

Location: no one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
Me too, and I hope all of us that live in the USA here dont start dying, becauses that would be really sad if our whole nation got wiped out...do you know what kind of affect that would have on the whole world o_O.....plus how many people would die????????? God, I dont wanna die, Im only 13, I'm too young to die :'-(
Dont worry, embrace death as you do life. For it tis another adventure...

Tyrion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 06:28 PM   #15
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
....Why would everyone in the USA just start dying? Is there a strange epidemic that I am unaware of?

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 12:07 AM   #16
Lunatic Jedi
Don't make me use this!

I hope those are the guys. I'm sick of hearing about dead people.

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/...unaticJed1.gif removed [img] tags due to HTTP 401 response --tk102

"Yes. The pain you feel is your very essence, the essence of the crude animal known as Homo Sapien."

-Millions Knives
Lunatic Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 10:31 AM   #17
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Re: Anything's possible but....

Quote:
Originally posted by Boba Fife
[B]A letter was found in the vicinity of the body which contained the fingerprints of John "Mohammed" Malvo who was arrested this morning. HE was the one who told police to check into a murder in Alabama!!
Actually, his name is John Lee Malvo. You are getting the juvenile mixed up with the actual serial killer, John Allen Muhammed aka Muhammed Williams.

And I dont think this Muhammed Williams is a sniper at all. Sure he received the highest marks for effective use with an m-16, which is the military model of the Bushmaster. No real sniper in their right mind would use a semi-automatic rifle, even when shot in single shot. A real sniper also wouldn't be within 500 yrds of the victim, in which case, Williams was within 150 yards. I remember when the spree first got word about calling it a sniper spree, one of the news channels interviewed a real sniper, and he said that most likely the "sniper" probably wasn't even in the military, and if so, he wasn't trained as a sniper. Trained snipers are taught and trained to pick their targets off from such a great a distance, like 1,000 yrds, even when aiming for the head, which is another thing. Snipers always shoot to kill. Single shot to the head. Williams rarely killed someone by shooting them in the head. Almost all his shots were to the abdomen area. What I loved most about the interview with the sniper was that he said that any legitimate sniper would love to put a bullet between his eyes.

So personally, I dont think we should even call Williams a sniper. A more fitting term would be serial killer, an ex-military gone mad. A gunmen. He is anything but a sniper, and he is nothing more than guilty.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 10:44 AM   #18
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
Excuse my language, but this sniper was a dumbass.

He steals a credit card a month or more before he starts this crap, then he calls the cops and asks them to wire $10 million to it.

WTF!

"Thank you for shopping Sears, how are you going to pay for all of this?"

"Oh, um.......Here's my credit card."

*swipes*

*Sears Empolye gets wierd look on face*

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 11:03 AM   #19
Boba Fife

Re: Re: Anything's possible but....

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867

And I dont think this Muhammed Williams is a sniper at all.
From Webster's Dictionary: Sniper:
1. A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.

2. One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

While his actions may upset actual trained snipers be they police or military, he is a sniper. Whether or not a "real" sniper would be within 500 yds of their target is an issue of opinion rather than fact. A sniper will take the shot from wherever the most opportune position presents itself. There is no "Code of the Sniper".

Yes. This man is a serial killer. No one disputes that, but let's not bring semantics into the discussion. His method of killing was to shoot at other people from a concealed place. (see above)

Hopefully, the killing is over. We have yet to see.

Thank you for correcting my misinformation of the names of the two men as I mistakenly conjoined the names.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:55 AM   #20
Chewbacco
Closet Poster

Man, I was betting it would be a white guy. And I was surprised it was a black. I heard this all day on the radio. Usually blacks don't do these kind of crimes.
Chewbacco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 11:58 AM   #21
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

At least one person form every single race has done at least one act of crime thinkable, so let's not go saying "White guys do this" and "black people do that" and "Korean people so this" and "Canadians do that."

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 10-25-2002, 12:04 PM   #22
-s/<itzo-
Hmdl

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacco
Man, I was betting it would be a white guy. And I was surprised it was a black. I heard this all day on the radio. Usually blacks don't do these kind of crimes.

did you ever heard of drive bys. one of the leading causes of murders in the U.S. good think i don't live in Cali. WEST SIDE!!!!

do you guys think this issue is link to the al quaida since one of them was muslim??????

"It doesn't matter. Use whatever technique you like. However. Once I've said I'll kill you, your death is assured." --Himura Kenshin
-s/<itzo- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 12:07 PM   #23
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Being a muslim doesn't mean you're a terrorist.

I am sure many muslims watch the news, and see all this killing that is for "supporting" their religion, and they say something along the lines of: "Man, those guys are stupid!"

Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 10-25-2002, 12:15 PM   #24
PhantomHelix
Burning Hybrid

to k_star: most (i thought it was all) were done from ROOFTOPS.

to ET: yeah, there is an epidemic. its called stupidity. thats why they made the darwin awards: to remember those killed by this awful epidemic....

Old 10-25-2002, 12:31 PM   #25
Darklighter
Bliss Ninny

Current Game: Uncharted 3
10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
All I can say is, thank God that this is finally over. And my heart goes out to all the families and friends of the victims

"Yeah no one likes a smart ass, but we all like stars,
But that wasn't my intention, I did it for a reason..."
Darklighter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 01:58 PM   #26
Boba Fife

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Being a muslim doesn't mean you're a terrorist.
Exactly. However, this man who is a converted Muslim, supposedly has a great deal of anti-American sentiment. Did he commit these crimes (if he indeed commited them at all) in the name of his political beliefs? Who knows. If the answer is "yes" then it would suffice to say that these murders were committed as acts of terrorism.

Terrorism doesn't necessarily have to be in the name of political agenda. More often than not, it occurs as a result of religious beliefs. Who knows what the actual motivation is here.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:15 PM   #27
PhantomHelix
Burning Hybrid

the only thing i dont like about muslims killing ppl is that they create a stereotype. barely any muslims are bad, just like americans. but the ones who are do bad enough things to make stereotypes for their ppl and that creates anti-semitism....

Old 10-25-2002, 03:46 PM   #28
Hannibal

Current Game: Black Ops/Biosock
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by obi-wan13
At least one person form every single race has done at least one act of crime thinkable, so let's not go saying "White guys do this" and "black people do that" and "Korean people so this" and "Canadians do that."
I don't think he meant that there were specific Black, White or Korean crimes.

The fact is that most serial killers(which this one is) have been White males. Most not all. As a matter of fact in Florida last month a female serial killer was put to death(she was White.If you cared.)

None of the shots were fired from rooftops. All were done from the ground. Also, the guy was not a military sniper.

I live in DC so we get all the details. When those outsided the area get to watch their sitcoms and dramas our local news would break into the shows to tell us more details about information they didn't have.

I'm glad they caught this guy and I hope there are no stupid copy cats.

Hannibal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 03:58 PM   #29
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Well, any person of any race can commit any crime, that's what I was saying.

Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 10-25-2002, 04:05 PM   #30
Crybos

This man is nothing more then a Serial Killer. Andy is right about how a sniper would pick off his targets. It is an m-16 for crying out loud, I don't think anyone would "snipe" with an m-16, scoped or not. From what I hear on the news, he was in a back of a car killing people? That is hardly what a sniper would do.

Clan Leader of OmNi Clan
OmNi Clan - a JKII Clan

New OmNi Forums. - OmNi Clan Forums, home of JediPLUS

Om"ni-\ A combining form denoting all, every, everywhere; as in omnipotent, all-powerful; omnipresent

Crybos[OmNi]

Lame thing of the month in: #jediknight, by: Cowboy.

<@Cowboy> arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
<+Crybos[OmNi]> tooooooooo
<@JPS> deeeeeeee
<@^Invader> tooooooooooooo
Crybos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 05:50 PM   #31
Boba Fife

Quote:
Originally posted by Crybos
I don't think anyone would "snipe" with an m-16.....
Check the news from the last three weeks and you'll see that this individual did quite a bit of it with just that weapon. Once again, I think we're confusing the supposed conduct of a military-trained sniper (their proper weapon, target, range, methods, etc.) with what this person displayed.

This person was a sniper who also was a serial killer. There is no clear separation of titles in this case as they are one in the same in this specific instance. Here we have a serial killer who used the basic strategy of a sniper which was to eliminate targets from a distance based out of a concealed position. End of story.

What one finds as "inappropriate" conduct and methods of a "true" sniper are once again based upon opinion. The definition never states motive, distance or weapon. Otherwise, new revised word for 'sniper' would have to be generated.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:16 PM   #32
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
he's got to be gulity, John Lee Malvo, three names! they've always got three names!

what's the death penalty in washington? needle or gas? if you ask me they should do it like in the old days and tie him to two horses and make them run in opposite directions.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 06:22 PM   #33
Pedantic

Well, 11 of the 13 killings' have been linked to the Bushmaster rifle, so I'm sold on the assumption that it was them.
Pedantic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yodas Swamp > They Caught The Sniper!!!