lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Epic Battle or not?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-24-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
Darth Kaan

Epic Battle or not?

Just curious, how many of you think that EP3 will have an epic battle between Anakin and Obi Won showing how Anakin gets tossed into the pit, or should the time be better spent showing Vader hunting down Jedi (the great jedi purge) ?

Darth Kaan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2002, 07:27 PM   #2
JediNyt
Jedi Master

I think the Jedi purge is continued after ep3. The ANi Obi duel shouldnt be too long. Long enough to make it impactful. I think Sidious wipes out most of the Jedi in ep3 and Vader mops up the rest afterward. Maybe Palpatine bombs the Jedi Temple. That there makes the most sense.

May the Force be with you...
JediNyt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 12:01 AM   #3
Jedi_Monk

I saw stunt coordinator Rick Gillard at Star Wars Celebration 2... he said that the Obi-Wan/Anakin Skywalker duel in Episode III will be the most incredible fight ever seen on film

Jedi_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk
I saw stunt coordinator Rick Gillard at Star Wars Celebration 2... he said that the Obi-Wan/Anakin Skywalker duel in Episode III will be the most incredible fight ever seen on film
Let's certainly hope so, I can haredly wait.

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 08:29 AM   #5
Darth Kaan

Quote:

That would be great! There is hope...

Old 10-25-2002, 12:45 PM   #6
LiMP RABBiT

Ever seen on a film? Did this coordinator have a head that was slightly larger than you'd expect.
LiMP RABBiT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #7
Darth Kaan

LOL! Good one!

Old 10-25-2002, 10:33 PM   #8
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

Nick Gillard is good, very good. He choreographed all the fights in the prequels.....so I think if he makes that boast I am inclined to believe him....

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2002, 01:11 AM   #9
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Current Game: ToR beta & Kotor
Quote:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one ppl!!!

Taos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2002, 10:22 AM   #10
Lionen

He has several years to make it perfect, so.... there IS hope...
Lionen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2002, 11:46 AM   #11
Holo-Sidious

The Great Jedi Purge will happen after the film... maybe a large chunk of the Jedi will die, but there will be several left apart from Yoda and Obi-Wan. Mace will die in the film for definate, because he asked George Lucas for a great death! I'm thinking either Dooku or Boba Fett...

Vader will only be around in the final moments of Episode III (according to an interview with Rick MaCallum from Star Wars Magazine). Anakin will remain light for the better part of the film.

HOLO-SIDIOUS HAS RETURNED!
I am always watching...
Holo-Sidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2002, 02:52 PM   #12
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Holo-Sidious
The Great Jedi Purge will happen after the film... maybe a large chunk of the Jedi will die, but there will be several left apart from Yoda and Obi-Wan. Mace will die in the film for definate, because he asked George Lucas for a great death! I'm thinking either Dooku or Boba Fett...

Vader will only be around in the final moments of Episode III (according to an interview with Rick MaCallum from Star Wars Magazine). Anakin will remain light for the better part of the film.

Again I agree w/Holo-Sid.....I think this will happen as well.

I just don't want Boba to kill Mace!!

Old 10-27-2002, 07:08 PM   #13
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
Quote:

i hope so, at least 15 minutes screen time, that would be cool
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2002, 06:47 AM   #14
Darth Kaan

I have said it before and will say it again, the great jedi purge, like a lot of stuff, may be left to "explaination" as GL uses that alot.

What will be seen in EP3 depends a lot with what timeframe it starts in relation to EP2's ending and EP4's beggining.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:05 AM   #15
Pad
.¬¬.

Quote:

i certainly hope so.

as for boba killing mace, i think not. he would be too young when ep3 happens. who will kill mace, beats me.
Pad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2002, 05:03 PM   #16
Darth Kaan

This is just an opinion, but, I think Mace will die during the Jedi purge and if that doesnt happen in EP3 then he wont die in EP3 either...

Old 10-30-2002, 10:15 PM   #17
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

Quote:
Anakin will remain light for the better part of the film.
Not necissarily, he could be evil without being in his vader-suit. Probably not likely, but it IS possible.

Old 11-01-2002, 07:32 AM   #18
peter james

anakin wil at least have a facemask on or something.

according to imdb, james earl jones is in ep3 as the voice...

Dont sweat the petty things
Dont pet the sweatty things
peter james is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2002, 12:34 AM   #19
Black_Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
This is just an opinion, but, I think Mace will die during the Jedi purge and if that doesnt happen in EP3 then he wont die in EP3 either...
I thought this too, that he would be too young. But then I re-thought it over and remembered that Boba is essentially one of those clones, accelerated growth and all. The only thing they said they changed in him was that he had a will of his own type of thing. Its possible that he could be mature enough in a couple years time (Star Wars timeline that is)...
Black_Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2002, 12:43 AM   #20
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

Nope, boba had no growth acceleration. Lama Su specifically said it to ObiWan. "Aside from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing, an unaltered clone for himself."

"Pure genetic replication, no tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, and NO growth acceleration"

And Rick McCallum has said that Episode 3 will take place only 4 years after episode 2. So boba's gonna be 14 years old. Not old enough to take on the jedi master that owned his father.

Old 11-15-2002, 01:06 AM   #21
Black_Knight

*nod*

You're right. I went and watched that scene over and got it. I only have seen the movie twice, so I missed the complete part. Now that its mentioned, I do recall reading somewhere about what Rick said, but I forget where...
Black_Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2002, 01:08 AM   #22
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Nope, boba had no growth acceleration. Lama Su specifically said it to ObiWan. "Aside from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing, an unaltered clone for himself."

"Pure genetic replication, no tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, and NO growth acceleration"

And Rick McCallum has said that Episode 3 will take place only 4 years after episode 2. So boba's gonna be 14 years old. Not old enough to take on the jedi master that owned his father.

We need to post this like a sticky note on top of the page.....it's good information for everyone to see.

Btw-It's the truth!! Sorry to say for all of you boba fans......

well, not really....

Old 11-15-2002, 10:12 AM   #23
Skate Boy
Nightcrawler

Maybe Mace will be in a fight already and get injured? So he's laying on the ground resting from the fight he just had, and Boba comes along. You can think of what happends next.
Skate Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #24
Jedi_Monk

Somebody here suggested a scene where Anakin beats the crap out of Mace, and then invites little Boba to finish him off. Can't remember who's idea it was, but I like it. It would give closure to Boba and sort of indebt him to Anakin.

Jedi_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2002, 09:12 PM   #25
leXX
Forum Mum

10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LF Jester LFN Staff Member 
I don't want Mace to die!

Whoever kills him better friggin be fighting very long and very hard or I will be VERY dissapointed!

Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that
make life bearable.
- Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2

Add me on: XBL | PSN | Last.fm | Steam
leXX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2002, 02:40 AM   #26
Ratmjedi

I am with you leXX. I want Mace to have a honrable death and not a crappy one buy a 14 year old kid.

Ratmjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2002, 07:42 AM   #27
Count Dooku 2

I think Count Dooku will destroy Mace Windu in a massive lightsaber duel, because Dooku needs to kill a Jedi before he goes, and who better to kill than Mace Windu? OK, maybe Yoda, but he needs to live.

Count Dooku would eat Mace Windu for breakfast. His elegant, classical style would beat the crap out of Windu's short, choppy movements, and I think Mace should be well and truly killed: no simple stab through the chest, no, he needs to be chopped up into tiny pieces and vaporised into even smaller pieces.

I don't like Mace Windu... does it show?

"I've become more powerful than any Jedi. Even you."
"This is just the beginning!"

- Count Dooku, AOTC.
Count Dooku 2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2002, 09:48 PM   #28
boinga1
Pimpin' ain't easy

I like this

Quote:
Somebody here suggested a scene where Anakin beats the crap out of Mace, and then invites little Boba to finish him off. Can't remember who's idea it was, but I like it. It would give closure to Boba and sort of indebt him to Anakin.

This is nice.
also i think more time should got to the anikan/obiwan duel
boinga1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2002, 12:18 PM   #29
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Actually, Episode 3 takes place 3 years after Episode 2. And Rick McCallum says that the star wars film is in real-time, which was confusing the interviewer at the moment, but then rick mccallum says. Episode 3 is being released 3 years after episode 2. The Clone Wars lasted 3 years. The Clone Wars are being fought as we speak.

Also, Ewan McGregor confirmed that he and Hayden made a pact to begin severe training nearing the time they will spend in New Zealand so that they will make their fight spectacular.

Also, Rick McCallum confirms that Boba Fett is still a child has not really begun his trip into being a bounty hunter, as he cannot fit into the armor yet. So, Boba's roll in Episode 3, according to McCallum, will be very minor.

Samuel L Jackson sat down with G.L. about how Mace will be killed off. Jackson told Lucas that Windu, being the strongest jedi in terms of fighting, shouldn't be killed like some punk. He wants to die a dramatic death, and lucas says he doesn't know how he wants to kill off Mace, but he will make it grand. So, who knows what will happen, least he won't get killed by the Fett. Nor will he be killed by Dooku, since according to fact around the Star Wars universe, it is known that mace in fact is better fighter of himself and Yoda. Yoda is just more in-tuned to the Force. So, I have a feeling that it will be a more revengeful fight of Anakin and Mace, or even Sidious showing his true power.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2002, 07:25 PM   #30
PowerBroker

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867
or will he be killed by Dooku, since according to fact around the Star Wars universe, it is known that mace in fact is better fighter of himself and Yoda.
This is canon, correct? Since in the movies (and indirectly in the commentary), Yoda is refered to as a superior swordsman. I must have missed something...

"Powerful you have become, Dooku. The
dark side I sense in you." Yoda, Attack of
the Clones, Chapter 46.
PowerBroker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2002, 07:27 PM   #31
PowerBroker

Quote:
Originally posted by Count Dooku 2
His elegant, classical style would beat the crap out of Windu's short, choppy movements
Mace Windu doesn't use any elegant or stylish moves. He uses extremely efficient and lethal moves that require little energy and allow him to fight like a machine. His fighting style is a lot more efficient, and thus is a better style. I'd take efficiency over elegance any day.

"Powerful you have become, Dooku. The
dark side I sense in you." Yoda, Attack of
the Clones, Chapter 46.
PowerBroker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2002, 07:46 PM   #32
Plo_Koon_27

does anyone know how the beautiful padme dies????? will we see the birth of luke and leia?

The Dark Side is for wimpering wimps!!!!!
Plo_Koon_27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2002, 10:03 PM   #33
Andy867
McCan Caoma

She probably dies during the transition time between Episode 3 and A New Hope. Because Leia recalls seeing her mother, but she says that her mother was always sad.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:28 AM   #34
shukrallah
White Dragon

Think that Obi Wan and Anakin should fight when anakin turns to the dark side and obi wan kicks him into the pit then obi wan thinks anakin is dead he hides luke and leia. Anakin survives joines paplatine and hunts down the jedi and kills all of them except obi and yoda.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2002, 12:36 PM   #35
Andy867
McCan Caoma

It cant happen that way because Obi-wan knows that Darth Vader is Anakin. So he knew that Anakin was still alive, he had just turned to the dark side, which probably occurs when he goes to fight Obi-wan, *but loses*. But he told luke that a young apprentice of his, a darth vader was seduced by the dark side, turned to the dark side and murdered your father. Too bad Luke doesn't get to find out that it was Kenobi's fault that Anakin looked the way he did in ROTJ, even though it was anakin who went to the dark side and turned on his master.

Old 11-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #36
Plo_Koon_27

it's not ben's fault that anikin looked the way he did in rotj he and ani had a big duel and ani lost and it was unfortunate that his physical disfigurement resulted from it. luke couldn't blame ben for that.

The Dark Side is for wimpering wimps!!!!!
Plo_Koon_27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 08:40 PM   #37
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

little insight into the end of Obi vs Ani:

Obi stands over the ruined body of Anikan but cannot force himself to kill his old padawan. "should we ever meet again only one of us will survive"

why do i think this will happen? remember in ep4 when vader detects Obi on the deathstar? "escape is not his plan...." he knew that Obi didnt mean to get away, and he was right wasnt he? this is my explanation for how Vader knew that Obi wouldnt run.

The shroud of the dark emperor Divine Spirit has fallen.

*~*Master in the Sith Academy*~*

walk into the light and you are blinded.

walk away from the light and your path is illuminated.

I answer the call of frostmourne alone.

it hungers.
Darth Talliusc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 10:12 PM   #38
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Talliusc
little insight into the end of Obi vs Ani:

Obi stands over the ruined body of Anikan but cannot force himself to kill his old padawan. "should we ever meet again only one of us will survive"

why do i think this will happen? remember in ep4 when vader detects Obi on the deathstar? "escape is not his plan...." he knew that Obi didnt mean to get away, and he was right wasnt he? this is my explanation for how Vader knew that Obi wouldnt run.
makes sense and would be good, but i think obi-wan leaves thinking anakin is dead, but then the jedi purge happens he realises that anakin, who is now vader, is involved and is working for the emperor, he puts two and two together
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #39
Wüstenfuchs

LOL...

I also think that Anakin will do something VERY baaaaad to make his master fight him.

Promise me...

That you'll train the boy...
Wüstenfuchs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2002, 11:07 PM   #40
BobaJango

Location: Playing KotOR on my 35 inch flat screen television in HD.
Quote:
Originally posted by ET Warrior

Okay.

#1. I am a blackbelt in karate and I know 5 ways to kill people with my bare hands.
#2. Boba is 11 in episode 2. 4+11=15.
#3. I am 15 and i am as tall as my dad.
#4. If your father was just killed and you had 4 years of time on your hands with revenge on your mind, what would you do?

So it IS possible for Boba to fit into his father's armor. He was constantly being taught by Jango in self defense. By the age of ten he was FLYING Slave 1. So do you think it is no longer possible for Boba to kill Mace?
Let's hope Lucas doesn't mess this one up. It would be the biggest mistake of his life.

Look! A Fuzzy wuzzy bunny!
WHERE!?! (gunshots)
BobaJango is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Epic Battle or not?