lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cheater Cheating
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2002, 01:19 AM   #41
thehomicidalegg

my stance on combat script is that if you are mucking around and the other person(s) know you are going to use scripts, then its fine, but if its a competitive match, using scripts are only fooling yourself. Although Scripts only does what other ppl can do without scripts(except for teh yawspeed adjustments), by scripting, one is facilitating the execution of a move that would otherwise be more complicated relatively (e.g running lunge) and gives the user an UNFAIR advantage... unless both of you are using scripts.

As for most ppl dont know about scripts, i hate to sound pessimistic, but at least a significant portion of players use scripts ... the most common being teh sabrelock breaking script.
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 01:29 AM   #42
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
what's the saber lock breaking script?

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #43
Doctor Shaft

Red face

the saberlock breaking script does all the attack tappin and stuff for you when you get into a saberlock. So, rather than pushing the attack button and force pushes to win, you just have this script do the command for you, and of course it can do it a million times faster, hence destroying your opponent every time you get in a saber lock, unless he also has a script.

Don't get it. It's not worth it. Of course, some people are so worried about winning that they'll do whatever it takes to simplify the game to the point that everything is done for them.

Like I said before, and I'll say again.

Use scripts all you want, just remember where you got your skills FROM before you start talking.
Doctor Shaft is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 12:50 PM   #44
Acer Palmatum

Quote:
Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok
If a person needs a script do something to begin with, maybe, just maybe they are not good/experienced players.
Or maybe they are a great gamer for fully analyzing the scope of the game, and taking the best course of action they can to win.

And on a different note...

It's a great thing this modern world. We all seem to have the right now to redefine the language we use to our own personal liking.

Cheating is not a term that is open for debate or opinions. Cheating is breaking the rules. Period. At least if we are to accept that the Webster's Dictionary is a compilation of accepted words and their definitions in the English language. If you like, you can look it up in the Oxford Dictionary, but I think you will find a very similar definition.

Show me where YOU have YOUR rules posted, and I'll tell you who is a cheater. If you have no server with posted rules, then quit whining, live by the rules (anything that is possible) set forth by the game designers, and quit trying to redefine the language on a minute by minute basis to suit your purposes and points.

If the game designers thought scripts, binds, combos, etc. were cheating, do you think they would still be in the game? If you don't like it, them make your own server/clan and appropriate rules to go along with it, or STFU.
Acer Palmatum is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #45
MysticSpade
awaiting the Unknown

so i take it Acer that u r one of these script users that no one likes. but my server runs the rules. if they are bent or broken they are kicked off.

XBL GT: MysticSpade
MysticSpade is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 03:32 PM   #46
lllKyNeSlll

scripts don't really help. only the kick script and saber winning script can help and even if you are elite, kicks script won't help you much. in gunning games even those two scripts are useless.
so what im saying is scripts don't really help you unless your a complete newb.
lllKyNeSlll is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 03:51 PM   #47
Break_dF
Banned

Kynes is correct. For the truly skilled, the only script worth even thinking about using is the saber lock breaking script. Personally, I refrain from using it but couldn't f*cking care less if someone uses it. The only thing that pisses me off is when I'm kicked out of 2-3 servers a day for "scripting"...abusive admins and whining n00bs--the world is full of them.
Break_dF is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2002, 08:36 PM   #48
lllKyNeSlll

i agree for getting kicked. listen to this story.
i came in with the leader at about 30 points. in 10 min i was at 40 and the leader at 38 and they kicked me because they said i was a grip whore. i didn't even have grip on cuz i was light. i was mainly pushing. and they were stupid enough to jump near edges. and then all i do is push. when i go in bespin from floor 2 to 3. they force jump with me. and all i need to do is force push. they kicked me because they thought i gripped and i was a lighty . thats pretty crazy
Old 10-30-2002, 08:50 PM   #49
Break_dF
Banned

lol, that sh!t happens all the time.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:36 AM   #50
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

That is quite sad.

I've only got kicked once. (!!)

The reason? >> I kicked the admin.

He told me stop kicking, but proceeded to DFA-DFA-DFA-DFA-DFA me. It gets boring to just sidestep the, so...I kicked him. He got mad and I was out.

...moron.

(I'd still like to point out that the issue whether or not scripts are useful or can be countered is a whole new argument)

And yeah...whiners should be shot. The only time I admit commenting on someone's style was back in the 1.03-crazy-spinning (yawspeed)-backstab-assfighting-times. It was sooo ridiculous.

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 01:44 AM   #51
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
well, there's that old saying that says "cheaters never prosper." if these scripters are winning then they cant be cheaters now can they?
hmmmmmmm
anyways, how does one usually tell if someone is scripting besides seeing them do the same sequence of moves in prefection all the time?

It's my ILLUSION!
Lightsaberboy is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 02:20 AM   #52
Acer Palmatum

Quote:
Originally posted by MysticSpade
so i take it Acer that u r one of these script users that no one likes. but my server runs the rules. if they are bent or broken they are kicked off.
Umm... BZZZZZZZT! But I have the right to use them as long as it is not against the rules on the server I am playing on.
Acer Palmatum is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 07:34 AM   #53
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Maybe we should leave it at that... use scripts if you want to, but if the server forbids it specifically, don't use it, or find another server that has rules more to your liking.

Personally, I tend more to side with the people that say "if you're good enough you can beat people even if they use scripts."

It would be interesting if there was a server side option that would simply disable all scripting that couldn't be done normally in the menus of the game itself (rather than the console) for multiplayer, and then admins could simply choose to use it or not.

But since that isn't currently in place, we have to just live with it, so I suggest the solution above.
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 07:49 AM   #54
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Quote:
Originally posted by Break_dF
lol, that sh!t happens all the time.
No, I dont think it does... trust me, I intentionally go looking for bad servers with admins like that. They're hard to find...

"Not all one pleads can be granted. But a good hearing soothes the heart." -The Instruction of Ptah-hotep.

"So here I go, it's my shot. Feet fail me not. This may be the only opportunity that I got..." -Eminem
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 08:01 AM   #55
DeTRiTiC-iQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurgan
Maybe we should leave it at that... use scripts if you want to, but if the server forbids it specifically, don't use it, or find another server that has rules more to your liking.

Personally, I tend more to side with the people that say "if you're good enough you can beat people even if they use scripts."

It would be interesting if there was a server side option that would simply disable all scripting that couldn't be done normally in the menus of the game itself (rather than the console) for multiplayer, and then admins could simply choose to use it or not.

But since that isn't currently in place, we have to just live with it, so I suggest the solution above.
This solution will also screw up CTF play, more than half of my settings are only configurable through the console.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 01:44 PM   #56
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Hehehe, new peeps are still writing essays about this....

Well I guess that never stops as long as the game will last...maybe you should set up a poll on "do you think scripting is cheating" and the bigger number of votes makes everyone think the same way

no?

didn't think so

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2002, 09:58 PM   #57
Break_dF
Banned

Well, Shock, I guess I should say that it happens to me all the time. Obviously, you're going to the right servers and I'm going to the wrong ones.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:55 AM   #58
AOD_SySsHoCK

would you guys concider this a cheat type of script (its happend to me once)
you kick(for a knock down) switch to red and do the lunge attack for the kill??
AOD_SySsHoCK is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 02:58 AM   #59
MysticSpade
awaiting the Unknown

ok i do that move perfectly w/o a script. some servers consider it cheap to hit while down some allow it. but that is one of my signature moves. but if it's done w/o a script it's cool with me. with one NOT cool.

Old 11-01-2002, 03:22 AM   #60
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

What has that got to do with scripting???

I scripts would be something like (back in the 1.03-days): with a press of a single button you manage to successfully pull the opponent down, put absorb on, turn around and execute a 2520-degree (yawspeed) spinning backstab that does about 2100 points of unblockable damage…

Now that’s a script.

Theoretically one could come up with a scripts that does the following:

Let’s imagine that we’re playing a game of CTF with 5 spawning points. ”Simply” create 5 scripts, one for every spawning point that do the following: Put on rage/absorb+speed >>> bunnyhop to the enemy base and cap the flag. All it takes is the press of one button. If someone happens to be in the way or pull/pushes/grips you off course…well, no biggie. Try again. Not like frags would matter in CTF anyways. OR one could create a script that does the same when you have managed to get hold of the flag  speed/rage back to ”safety”.

(All you l337 people, relax. I’m just trying to make a point. )

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 04:06 AM   #61
Aoshi

theoretically it would work... but you'd only be able to cap against n00bs. good ctf players see which route you normally take and then disrupt that route. i know it was only an example and it could also be used to compare with dueling. what differentiates a n00b from an expert? well obviously experience but what comes with experience? the ability to adapt to suit a given condition. good players know how to do this. crappy ones do not. a person who knows how to adapt to certain situations will almost always beat someone who does not even if the unskilled person can do every move that the skilled one can do 100% of the time (an example of this is in 1.03, i had a hard time defending against the pull,backstab,yawspeed attack but then i learned to do a yellow special right when they started it and kill them instantly. that is an example of me adapting to their lame attack). to sum up my arguement, if you think you're really good then you shouldnt complain about scripters because you should be able to beat them anyways. if you cant then either practice, get rid of your 'honorable jedi code of ethics' and play dirty to win, or lose.

I will be the strongest
~Shinomori Aoshi
Aoshi is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 05:31 AM   #62
MysticSpade
awaiting the Unknown

hey Aoshi those be some wise words. but i have a question for you. when did you ever adapt to the situations i put you in, i remember you havin a very hard time beatin me. lol j/k man but those are words of truth that you spoke.......er uh typed....yeah typed.

Old 11-01-2002, 06:40 AM   #63
InfErnO

Re: Cheater Cheating

Quote:
Originally posted by griff38
Hello, I have played with real people for just under 4 months now. And a game does not go bye without someone being called a cheater.

Why?

Why is anyone who is winning a cheater?
Can any of you who think you are being cheated, site an example?

I can tell you why. Cause most of the JK/JK2 players are idiots.
I hope that answers your question.

Gnaa!
InfErnO is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 06:48 AM   #64
InfErnO

Re: Re: Cheater Cheating

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightning

well it is
BS, it is not. I didn't use scripts in multi and didn't care if someone did cause I always knew I could do the same if I wanted. Therefore it is not cheating, foolish one.

Anyway if it annoys you so much just write some scripts and copy them to your game folder. If you detect a scripter just load your script and beat him with his own weapons.

Just use your brain.

Gnaa!
InfErnO is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 09:23 AM   #65
Hybrid-Halo

Firstly I'll state that using scripts that perform moves other players are doing manually is 100% without a doubt a form of cheating. No different to aimbotters in counterstrike and such, they are using scripts that aim for them.
It is an unfair advantage and therefore should be stopped.
However...I agree entirely with the idea that someone that is skilled enough to adapt themselves to any given situation will always beat someone that is not. But so what about the players that can adapt and also have scripts. That still leaves them with an advantage.

Secondly. Many people do get frustrated if they are losing and of course, there are amazing players that legitimately whoop everyones ass. The people that call these people cheaters without any real proof or reason to are just in my eyes, bad losers. Being beaten is one of the best ways to learn new techniques and if you don't know why you lost a duel, the fault is at your end. Watch more closely next time.

Lastly, People are over eager to call you a lamer, recently I played on a server and my opponent was VERY unhappy with my kicks, although they caused him no damage because of the server. This annoyed me a little.

Seems like people are only willing not to whine if you play by their rules, and of course. If you are not only following your own rules, you lose.
Hybrid-Halo is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 AM   #66
DSbr-HaZe

why do u people even bother arguing about script usage?

a.) the only people who complain about them are newbies

b.) yes they are so incredibly cheap yet every pro gaming league(and these guys are just as nerdy as u RPGing saberists except they actually have skill) and every jk2 ladder allows them.

what does this mean? get over it, competitive play allows it, if it were deemed as giving an unfair advantage over players they wouldnt be allowed. the fact is, if u have a personal quarrel with scripting then fine, learn how to do it without a script.

its a back and forth battle and in the end they are allowed in EVERY major competitive gaming scene. it is only here and with newbies that you ever hear complaints about it.

oh before u go calling all the "elite" players lame cheaters as u would so like to, most dont use scripts, if they do its for something useful or to save time, not because they cant do something. and it does not change the basics of any fps INTELLIGENCE
DSbr-HaZe is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2002, 10:50 AM   #67
Hybrid-Halo

You're right. A script although cheap and lame still needs to be aimed unless of course it won't hit.
Also, pretty much every attack is avoidable in one way or another. So regardless how many moves a scripter pulls off perfectly, A pro should still be able to overcome them.

I simply dislike the fact that anyone should gain any form of advantage, I don't see scripting in order to improve in the same light as learning how to accurate execute moves.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:09 PM   #68
DSbr-HaZe

advantages are unfortunate but they are present.

the fact that u may be getting 200 fps on your gf4 card and im getting only 50 on my crappy laptop for instance is a much greater advantage.

i have less control over that than i do over a script(which gives u much less if any advantage).

when it comes down to it tho its opinion

and im not bothering to get into an arguement on these forums because of the thickheadedness of some of the posters. i just felt people should be aware of the fact that scripts are generally excepted in every game ladder/competition.

except the obvious headshot scripts which are still pretty worthless if u ask me
Old 11-01-2002, 01:25 PM   #69
Hybrid-Halo

Oh yes, I've only been registered a few hours and already I've seen a few no-brainers.
And yes, connection speed aswell as frame rate all contributes to skill loss.
So I guess I agree with you there.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:12 PM   #70
lllKyNeSlll

Quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid-Halo
Firstly I'll state that using scripts that perform moves other players are doing manually is 100% without a doubt a form of cheating. No different to aimbotters in counterstrike and such, they are using scripts that aim for them.
It is an unfair advantage and therefore should be stopped.
However...I agree entirely with the idea that someone that is skilled enough to adapt themselves to any given situation will always beat someone that is not. But so what about the players that can adapt and also have scripts. That still leaves them with an advantage.

Secondly. Many people do get frustrated if they are losing and of course, there are amazing players that legitimately whoop everyones ass. The people that call these people cheaters without any real proof or reason to are just in my eyes, bad losers. Being beaten is one of the best ways to learn new techniques and if you don't know why you lost a duel, the fault is at your end. Watch more closely next time.

Lastly, People are over eager to call you a lamer, recently I played on a server and my opponent was VERY unhappy with my kicks, although they caused him no damage because of the server. This annoyed me a little.

Seems like people are only willing not to whine if you play by their rules, and of course. If you are not only following your own rules, you lose.

its not like scripts really can boost ur skill much haze. u should know. u still own mercy even using whatever scripts he has
Old 11-04-2002, 02:46 PM   #71
DSbr-HaZe

he speaks of some zone tournament which he the best at or whatever, yet he has continually been asked to join www.teamwarfare.com ladders with BSB, i honestly doubt he could compete with us, specially since he makes up lies about how he beat some of us when this has never occured.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:21 PM   #72
lllKyNeSlll

haze can u ask aeron or jza if i can join darksaber?

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
Old 11-05-2002, 08:12 AM   #73
Srikin Talilles

the only binds i use are for...

emotes. I haven't met a cheater in-game yet, probably cus I use JediMod. But if I had the chance to meet one, I'd use speed and run and slash.

Srikin Talilles
-Apprentice of the Knights of Alderaan
Form III Practitioner

"One will be enlightened, one will face their destiny... one will see, one will be blinded..."
Srikin Talilles is offline   you may:
Old 11-05-2002, 12:00 PM   #74
Kanavit

i'm not a cheater
Kanavit is offline   you may:
Old 11-05-2002, 02:22 PM   #75
DSbr-HaZe

jza isnt in dsbr

u can ask aeron
Old 11-05-2002, 03:54 PM   #76
Admiral Derski

Quote:
Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll
i agree for getting kicked. listen to this story.
i came in with the leader at about 30 points. in 10 min i was at 40 and the leader at 38 and they kicked me because they said i was a grip whore. i didn't even have grip on cuz i was light. i was mainly pushing. and they were stupid enough to jump near edges. and then all i do is push. when i go in bespin from floor 2 to 3. they force jump with me. and all i need to do is force push. they kicked me because they thought i gripped and i was a lighty . thats pretty crazy
Ive been called an absorb whore, Beat that one!!!!
Admiral Derski is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2002, 01:38 PM   #77
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

I think being called a gun-whore on a guns server takes the cake, frankly.

/me eats the cake

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2002, 03:08 PM   #78
lllKyNeSlll

hey spider i never tried this yet but can u super or pulse grip in jo? i.e. like in ff bgj by tapping use force

of course it won't be useful since its easy to break grip

and of course i never used it in jk

http://www.team-image.net/aerophalanx/
http://www.le3l.owns.it

Team aP server - 66.165.108.104:29070

Famous Figures-Francisco d'Anconia, Milady de Winter, Feanor, John Galt, Mr. Crowley, Roger Federer, Martina Hingis, D'Artagnan de Gascony,
Old 11-06-2002, 03:57 PM   #79
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

I think supergrip was a bug of a type unique to JK, Kynes... If you find a way to SG in JO though, don't hesitate to post it here so that everyone's on an even footing.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2002, 07:03 PM   #80
DSbr-HaZe

u mean so everyone can whine some more
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Cheater Cheating